(Topic ID: 126521)

RFM owners, any interested in Pinblades?

By MustangPaul

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1432334543827.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I thought it would make a great mod for the game if done right so I contacted Pingraffix about coming up with something. It would be nice to refer them to this thread so they could see the interest so if your interested put your name here. Remember this is just to show them that people are interested not a guarantee they will make them. If done right I know I'd take a set. Thanks

#2 8 years ago

Yip I'm keen

#3 8 years ago

I'd be interested.

QSS

#4 8 years ago

Yep

#5 8 years ago

Well that makes 4 so far. We're gonna need more then 4.

#6 8 years ago

#8 8 years ago

I guess I'll be se7en
David Doney
Norvell MI 49263-0007

#9 8 years ago

Make me 8!

#10 8 years ago

Most definitely.

#12 8 years ago

I would also buy a set. Joe does great work. Put me in!

#13 8 years ago

Ok guys..so looks like we have enough interest here. Pinside has spoken

msj2222 you did ask me about these a while back so I know your happy. Paul was good idea to start this thread. Good thinking.

I have my own idea, but I am interested in hearing any ideas you guys may have as far as what you would like to see in the design.

-JR

#14 8 years ago

Thanks Joe but on a sad note the reds on my monitor just went out.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks Joe but on a sad note the reds on my monitor just went out.

Time for an LCD conversion. I love the LCD on mine You will be fine.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

I have my own idea, but I am interested in hearing any ideas you guys may have as far as what you would like to see in the design.

Maybe a cityscape similar to the translite and cabinet decals?

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Time for an LCD conversion. I love the LCD on mine You will be fine.

You did yours rite? I'll have to look at the Hillery come here thread and get a list of parts and places to get them. I have no idea what I'm doing, I'm not an electronics guy. But I hate to give up that vid amp that's just sitting in the box unused. DAMN!

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You did yours rite? I'll have to look at the Hillery come here thread and get a list of parts and places to get them. I have no idea what I'm doing, I'm not an electronics guy. But I hate to give up that vid amp that's just sitting in the box unused. DAMN!

The Vid amp worked for me for a short period and then it died. So I used the converter, monitor fit perfectly, only needed 4 screws. Overall, it was just plug and play. I did not have to do anything, screw in the monitor, plug it in. Done.

#19 8 years ago

It's such a dark game so I'd like some art that's kind of bright so you could see it and the playfield glass makes it darker about half way back. Then there's the 4 flat hex head bolts that the blade would cover. The blade would make removing them difficult when you want to take the head off. There's always something.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

The Vid amp worked for me for a short period and then it died. So I used the converter, monitor fit perfectly, only needed 4 screws. Overall, it was just plug and play. I did not have to do anything, screw in the monitor, plug it in. Done.

Yeah it looked simple, but.... The head lost about 50 lbs with the conversion didn't it.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah it looked simple, but.... The head lost about 50 lbs with the conversion didn't it.

I was curious, so I checked on my scale. The monitor is 35lbs. lol

#22 8 years ago

There should be holes in the blades for the back box bolts. No need to remove the blades after they are installed.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

There should be holes in the blades for the back box bolts. No need to remove the blades after they are installed.

Yes, if you could work the holes into the graphics design some how. The position of the holes in the over all fit of the blades could be a problem.

#24 8 years ago

msj2222 you did ask me about these a while back so I know your happy. Paul was good idea to start this thread. Good thinking.
-JR

UV reactive inks!

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

UV reactive inks!

YES!! That's what I was thinking too, that would REALLY light up in there without adding white light which would light everything up to much.

#26 8 years ago

I was thumbing down the and thinking the same thing. You have to make them pop out of the tinted glass.

#27 8 years ago

-JR

Yes, you did now that you mention it. You actually asked me to trace you a template but I guess I got busy with life and totally forgot about it. Sorry!

2 weeks later
#28 8 years ago

SO who's going to make me a template??

#30 8 years ago

Yes on pinblades

#31 8 years ago

I have made some for mine. I could check the dims if needed. Also if you like mine I can send you the file and you can have your printer do them/modify.

Milton

FB_IMG_1432334543827.jpgFB_IMG_1432334543827.jpg
#32 8 years ago

Hi Milton
All I need really is the shape of the Inner walls. Like you did hear. That would be terrific. But whatever you have in that respect would be great.

P M sent

-JR

#33 8 years ago

You can count me in on a set.

4 months later
#34 8 years ago

I am in for a set...any updates?

#35 8 years ago

I'm still keen for a set if they get made

1 month later
#36 8 years ago

Any news?

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I thought it would make a great mod for the game if done right so I contacted Pingraffix about coming up with something. It would be nice to refer them to this thread so they could see the interest so if your interested put your name here. Remember this is just to show them that people are interested not a guarantee they will make them. If done right I know I'd take a set. Thanks

Just want let you guys know that RFM is on our to do list. Both Joe and myself are currently working on different projects and Ray is on vacation. I promise we will get to this soon.

1 month later
#39 8 years ago

any news?

#40 8 years ago

i'm interested too!

#42 8 years ago

-JR

buildings shot by ufo's, exploding, bit like AFM blades but with martians visable in saucers
martians running after women fleeing with an bag of corn ,
Bill clinton with hands in his hair wile interns at beeing beamed up, in front of white house
tank and jets defending statue of Abe Lincon
saucer carfing mount rushmore into alienheads ?
saucer kneading a women

1 week later
#43 8 years ago

any news someone?

#44 8 years ago

Interested as well.

4 weeks later
#46 8 years ago

am in for a set...any updates?

2 months later
#47 7 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

Just want let you guys know that RFM is on our to do list. Both Joe and myself are currently working on different projects and Ray is on vacation. I promise we will get to this soon.

Any early development news?

6 months later
#48 7 years ago

Looking for news on the AFM pinblades.

#49 7 years ago

HI Guys

We have had these for a few months now and they are doing well..also officially licensed by Bally/Wiliams through PPS

http://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/7382ed19-9328-0201-e7db-60365869734d

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 85.00
7,500 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-owners-any-interested-in-pinblades and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.