image-787.jpg
image-848.jpg
image-187.jpg
image-153.jpg
image-293.jpg
image-420.jpg
image-879.jpg
photo-2.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drumasauras.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 9 years ago

Hi I am the new owner of this rfm and have done a few more tests..
The slam tilt switches on the door and the cabinet are not registering. The plumb bob does work and all the other switches and game appears to work.. I'm thinking a board issue but need some guidance on where to begin.. Any help would be much appreciated. Or maybe a pic of the coin door/slam tilt switches and door button wiring may help.. This is a re-import with one coin slot (switch works) and a bill exchanger.

#27 9 years ago

Morning bump. Any thoughts? Thanks everyone!

#30 9 years ago

Well I am glad to hear I am not the only one in this boat, but it doesn't instill confidence that there has been no resolution. I plan on seeing this fix through as these things drive me nuts if I can't figure it out.

I am starting to also believe the coin door wiring or board are to blame. I pulled the Nucore out last night and checked cables and connections and all appears to be functioning.

The slam tilt switches and enter button are not on the same switch row but there seems to be a correlation as when the enter switch is pressed the game almost seems to reset like its been slam tilted..? Although I don't know specifically how RFM w Nucore reacts to a slam tilt..

The enter button has a black/blue stripe wire and two blacks going to the other pin on the switch. The switches seem to work fine when I am in the Nucore Menu (press the two red buttons simultaneously) - I can scroll and select items in this menu with the enter button just fine? Another reason I don't think Nucore is the issue..

Can someone confirm how a slam tilt appears on a RFM with Nucore? Will the system do a quick reboot like it is doing when I hit enter?

And any thoughts on testing these switches through a jumper would help. thanks.

Also does it matter which socket the 9 pin connector is connected to on the main board? see pic.
rfm.jpgrfm.jpg

#31 9 years ago

Afternoon bump.. Any RFM/Pinball 2000 experts that can lend a hand? thanks.

#33 9 years ago

Thanks chessiv. I am at a loss as I traced the black/blue wire coming from the menu button to the PCB and it appears to be pinned correctly plus the this button works fine when in the Nucore menu..

Anyone have thoughts why the enter button would trigger a slam tilt and when the slam tilt is activated, the game does nothing? Thanks!

#35 9 years ago

Thanks! I had the board off before but failed to check continuity between these pins etc.. I will check tonight and report back.

Thanks for taking the time to dig around and yes, I do need a better copy of the manual.. the one I have looks worse than the link you provided. Thanks again.

#36 9 years ago

Well I checked the coin door interface board and there were no issues to be found with traces/continuity etc..

I decided to see if the jukebox in Nucore worked and was able to load a .mp3 but Nucore wouldn't play the song..? Maybe there Nucore needs to be re loaded..?

#38 9 years ago

Juke box was enabled and the song would appear on the screen but no audio..?

#41 9 years ago

Chessiv - I tried the action buttons but they were not responding - they work during game play.

Thanks markmon, I will need to look into this tomorrow if I can find a moment.

#42 9 years ago

My apologies for not getting on this quicker, I had a very hectic week...

Anyway, I was able to test with the jumper wire on J114 pin 13 tonight and the same reset occurred... still not able to get into the menu..

One observation about the J114 plug, the schematic says that pin 7 is Gry-Yel +12v DC and pin 14 is Blk Ground... There are no wires to be found for these spaces on the plug.. I don't think this is the issue since when I grounded J114 pin 13 as mentioned above, the game acted the same as if I hit the enter button.. but thought I would throw it out there..

Anything else i can test? Thanks for the help thus far!!

1 week later
#43 9 years ago

Bump for an old post. I am kind of at a standstill on the menu issue. As stated in my earlier post, I jumped the j114 - 13 pin to ground and the game still reset - not able to access the menu.

I know know that the wiring for the enter button is not the issue, but I am still confused if this test definitively tells me its a board issue vs Nucore?

The slam tilt switches on the coin door and cabinet still don't do anything btw.. I was thinking about testing this directly from the board by jumping J113 - 1 to ground, but wasn't sure if I could test the slam tilt the same way I tested the enter button? Not sure if it would shed more light on the issue either.. Thoughts..

1 month later
#45 9 years ago

The diagnostics menu issue I was having has been resolved!

After confirming the board and wiring were ok, I sent my Nucore to Don (with Nucore) and he was able to figure out the issue. I am not a computer guy but basically it was a corrupt file that ended up being stored which wouldn't allow the game to go into diagnostics.

So if anyone is having this same issue with a Nucore game, give Don a shout and he should be able to help out. Thanks to everyone for the insight and help, especially Don for being dedicated to figuring this one out.

2 weeks later
#48 9 years ago

Thanks guys! This was a tough one to figure out. Thankfully I received help from fellow pinsiders and support from the Nucore guys. Sounded like there were a few others stumped by this issue so hopefully it helps others.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 85.00
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drumasauras.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-nucore-will-not-enter-diagnostics?tu=drumasauras and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.