image-787.jpg
image-848.jpg
image-187.jpg
image-153.jpg
image-293.jpg
image-420.jpg
image-879.jpg
photo-2.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chessiv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from PinSmith:

I have a customer machine, Revenge From Mars, with NuCore 2.0, that when you press Enter to start test mode, the game reboots. No access to Adjustments, Diagnostics, or anything of the like. Help.

Hitting enter should take you into WMS diags. Shoot a close up picture of the USB board that clearly shows jumper settings.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hitting enter from this screen or hitting enter right after you open the coin door? Hitting enter here and going into game options just let's you choose whether it's RFM or SWE1. Hitting enter after opening the coin door just resets the game.
I can take a picture of the USB board. Where is it located?

USB board should be mounted inside the case, assuming we built it. Could be anywhere if the old owner built it. Follow the USB chord coming out of the computer port on the side.

Hitting enter right after you open the coin door should go into diags.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I'm assuming we are talking about the computer in the head? There is a USB cable that is plugged in and then goes inside the case. So I need to remove the PC and open that baby up?
Yeah hitting enter after opening the coin door just resets the nucore. Is there some sort of a jumper setting that would cause this?

Step by step. Trying to eliminate Nucore as the issue. I'm guessing it's not just want to make sure.

#15 9 years ago

I believe the original system reboots on a slam tilt. Try the slam tilt switch and see what it does.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Ok that doesn't reboot. It crashes the nucore app and restarts it. Curious. What happens if you select Star Wars as a game instead and attempt to enter the menu there? Does anyone know if nucore has any logs? I can enter the diags fine on my Rfm so its not a generic nucore issue.

A slam tilt signals a reboot as I recall on the original machine. When we detect a reboot signal we reboot Nucore. Don't select Star Wars. As I recall forcing one of the games incorrectly makes bad things happen.

#22 9 years ago

The board is set correctly. Open the coin door and trigger the slam tilt switch

3 weeks later
#29 9 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

BTW, we also had tried reloading the software, with no change. I'm pretty sure that's all they did when we sent it to them as well.

We reload software, if necessary, run hardware tests on the USB board and run a smoke test on a real machine, which your system would have passed before we sent it back. I tried to work with the original owner of this machine and I have tried to help drumasauras. I really think this is a physical issue with the machine. He could send his Nucore unit to us for testing but I'm 99% positive it will pass all tests.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from drumasauras:

Well I am glad to hear I am not the only one in this boat, but it doesn't instill confidence that there has been no resolution. I plan on seeing this fix through as these things drive me nuts if I can't figure it out.
I am starting to also believe the coin door wiring or board are to blame. I pulled the Nucore out last night and checked cables and connections and all appears to be functioning.
The slam tilt switches and enter button are not on the same switch row but there seems to be a correlation as when the enter switch is pressed the game almost seems to reset like its been slam tilted..? Although I don't know specifically how RFM w Nucore reacts to a slam tilt..
The enter button has a black/blue stripe wire and two blacks going to the other pin on the switch. The switches seem to work fine when I am in the Nucore Menu (press the two red buttons simultaneously) - I can scroll and select items in this menu with the enter button just fine? Another reason I don't think Nucore is the issue..
Can someone confirm how a slam tilt appears on a RFM with Nucore? Will the system do a quick reboot like it is doing when I hit enter?
And any thoughts on testing these switches through a jumper would help. thanks.
Also does it matter which socket the 9 pin connector is connected to on the main board? see pic.

rfm.jpg 40 KB

A slam tilt does indeed cause the reset that you are seeing when you press the enter button. The previous owner posted a picture of the screen and I verified this is the case.

#34 9 years ago

Ok, I was curious and looked this up:

http://www.chucksarcade.com/grabs/2014-09-26_154802.png

That's a snippet of the schematic for the coin door interface board. Notice the enter button switch wiring is right next to the slam tilt. Get a good copy of the manual if you don't have one. I grabbed this off of ipdb although its lower res. Pull the coin door interface board out and test connections with a continuity tester on the board and on the cables. You may find something there.

#37 9 years ago

Make sure the jukebox is enabled in the Nucore menu. We'd be glad the check out the machine for you. There is a bench fee but we will go through and verify everything is working well and if it's not correct it. But I don't believe it is a Nucore issue. I could be wrong. I just really think this is a driver board or cabling issue. Let us know if you want to send it to us.

#39 9 years ago

Did you adjust the volume up? AFAIR it's the action buttons

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chessiv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-nucore-will-not-enter-diagnostics?tu=chessiv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.