• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nucore (resized).png
ram (resized).png

#1 2 years ago

Help on Revenge From Mars. Game basically just stopped booting. Screen and play field won't come on. Light in the back box and fan are running.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Help on Revenge From Mars. Game basically just stopped booting. Screen and play field won't come on. Light in the back box and fan are running.
[quoted image]

Mine does this sometimes. If you let it sit for a few hours then turn it on does it work?

Any fuses blown?

Do you have a power sensing pen/want that you can use to follow the flow of power to where it stops?

#3 2 years ago

With game off and unplugged, try reseating the ram. Pretty good odds that will get it to boot again.

ram (resized).pngram (resized).png

#4 2 years ago

The fan you are referring to is the power supply? If so, might also try making sure the power supply connectors at the top left haven't backed off the headers.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Mine does this sometimes. If you let it sit for a few hours then turn it on does it work?
And fuses blown?
Do you have a power sensing pen/want that you can use to follow the flow of power to where it stops?

I'm not sure on this I don't think so all the fuses are good.

Quoted from Spock:

With game off and unplugged, try reseating the ram. Pretty good odds that will get it to boot again.
[quoted image]

Me and my buddy did this thought it would work unfortunately did not.

#6 2 years ago

Fou two bad resistors on the driver board so going to change those and see if that fixes it.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Fou two bad resistors on the driver board so going to change those and see if that fixes it.

Be careful. It’s a layered board so really easy to damage traces.

#8 2 years ago

Just an opinion, I think its better to just convert to Pinbox.

nucore (resized).pngnucore (resized).png
#9 2 years ago

Great game btw. Previously owned one and currently own a AFM. AFM is the superior game but RFM doesn’t get enough love

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-not-booting-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.