IMG_2265 (resized).JPG
IMG_2264 (resized).JPG
IMG_2263 (resized).JPG
IMAG0570 (resized).jpg
IMAG0573 (resized).jpg
IMAG0571 (resized).jpg
IMAG0572 (resized).jpg
1500040551319709809223 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mancave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Does anyone know why that paper would have been shoved in there?

I've been trying to work out which paper you mean, the cover at the back of the neck board (Pic 3)?
And TOTALLY agree with LTG, be very bloody careful any time you are playing around at the back of a CRT monitor, especially around the anode cap (rubber cap with lead coming off it). There is a procedure to discharge a monitor, definitely google it first but if your still not sure then ask! I would also wait at least 12-24 hours after you have last powered on the machine before you go to discharge the monitor, it will still have charge mind you, and can still be lethal.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

probably to protect the back of the board from ESD. Guess the factory gypped me, mine doesn't have a piece of paper.

Mine has got one but it may depend on which chassis you have too, think these machines were either Wells Gardner or Ducksan

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

your not talking about the notebook paper, are you

AHHHH, now i see the paper the OP was talking about Well spotted no idea how i missed that....and hmmmmmm

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

It's probably there to help prevent "shorts" to the metal bracket which is likely grounded.
Insulators near high voltage = good thing.

Yeah it would be too. I've seen plenty of arcade ones that didn't have the plastic but most of those had the CRT mounted on wood panels with no metal parts anywhere near the neck board.

#32 6 years ago

You've probably already got your heart set on changing to a LCD but just want to mention that it's most likely that the CRT chassis just needs a little work, monitor is most likely still fine (especially if all the colour spectrum is still ok) I was advised by a pinball tech to keep the machine CRT if at all possible. There is a quite a debate about the advantages and disadvantages of CRT and LCD on these machines, it is of course a personal choice at the end of the day though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

7,500 (OBO)
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mancave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-monitor-losing-color-and-red-lines?tu=Mancave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.