Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Tickerguy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I thought this was fixed in the 1.4 code but just had martian bowling cause a machine reset.

Have others seen this, or might there be another cause?

#2 5 years ago

I didn't know there was a 1.6 code. I'm running 1.5 and I thought that was the latest update. Is there a big difference between the two codes and is it worth looking into updating my machine?

QSS

#3 5 years ago

latest official Version 1.5
latest unofficial Version 1.8

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from knazzo:

latest official Version 1.5
latest unofficial Version 1.8

No, 1.6 was an official release for RFM.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

No, 1.6 was an official release for RFM.

+1 As I understand it 1.6 was originally/officially released only on PUB card. Someone was able to extract it.

Not sure I'd want to mess with anything beyond that as the provenance would certainly be in question.

If I can recreate the martian bowling reset again, I might have to try loading 1.5.

#6 5 years ago

In case you weren't aware, Rob Anthony offers PUB card rental (with 1.6) for $30. You have to provide a deposit and shipping cost in both directions. I just did this and it was painless.

#7 5 years ago

Anyone know how to force the martian bowling mode? Its only available as a mystery mode, but the times I've tried to manually recreate the reset another mystery mode is selected.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

Anyone know how to force the martian bowling mode? Its only available as a mystery mode, but the times I've tried to manually recreate the reset another mystery mode is selected.

If you have a network card installed you can log in while the game is running and issue a command to start the mode.

#9 5 years ago

What changed in 1.8? Who made the update (as it is listed in an above post as unofficial)?

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

If you're connected to the system locally with a keyboard or via network, you can select modes from the XINA shell:
"scenemgr select 7"
will start the "Question Mark" (Mystery) mode, but I don't think you can select which mode starts within that mode.

-Mark

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

What changed in 1.8? Who made the update (as it is listed in an above post as unofficial)?

Versions 1.7 and 1.8 were made by the people who were running their own online tournament server (which has since shut down).

http://www.mypinballs.com/tournament/

2 years later
#12 3 years ago

I have a Revenge from Mars Prism Update Card (Pub card) with update v1.8 and another pub card with Star Wars Episode 1 update v1.5 if someone needs one.

2 months later
#13 3 years ago

Yes, I have VERY rarely gotten a reset on 1.5... same deal. Supposedly fixed, but..... not.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 50.00
$ 40.00
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside