Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by boo32
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I had a RFM delivered by freight today. Really well packed and did not look damaged. Opened it up and it has a few issues. First, the monitor isn't responding. I am don't have any monitor experience so any suggestions on testing it would be a help. I have checked the connectors, but don't see any problems.

Second, it plays but has some issues. The vuk doesn't work. The slingshots don't work. I lifted the plastic cover over the power board and found this - the "health" led is flashing. The LEDs in front of the fuses are as follows - the right four are red, the next one is green and the rest are not lit.

Rfm makes a good pinball without the screen, but I'm looking forward to seeing the entire show.

#2 11 years ago

Does the monitor turn on or have any power at all?

#3 11 years ago

First of all are you looking at the LED's when the coin door is engaged? If not they go blown (red) but in fact are fine

#4 11 years ago

Based on looking at the manual - led 3, 8, 9, 10 are out led 16 is green - no other LEDs are on

#5 11 years ago

No response from the monitor at all - did not check the led coin door issue - will check next

#6 11 years ago

So you don't see any glow in the tube at the neck and you don't hear the high voltage in the monitor? If you have a meter, check that 110VAC is coming to the monitor on the white and black lines of the power cable that plugs into the monitor (the green is ground). If there is, you'll need to have someone technical go over the monitor for you.

#7 11 years ago

There is glow at the neck, but I don't hear any sound from the monitor. The monitor does not have any image and does not look like it is on from the front. I closed the coin door and the fuse LEDs responded - they are all red except for 16 which is green. Also, the "health" led is blinking - does anyone know what the health led shows and it's normal state?

#8 11 years ago

From what I remember reading the Health Led was never fully programed so it does not = much. Just powered on my game. Reds with one green is normal. I guess blown = no led now what I have seen that. Also check to see that all your cables are still attached correctly for the monitor. Its a blue connector that goes into the PC case just like an old school CRT monitor. when you get the Monitor on you can put the game in test mode and figure out why your coils are not working.

3 months later
#9 11 years ago

nightmare

#10 11 years ago

No more than any other game. It's just new

#11 11 years ago

Instead of trying to troubleshoot issues with the monitor in my RFM, I just went straight to an LCD since I wanted to go that way anyway. How is the computer, is the fan running and does it sounds OK?

#12 11 years ago

I have swapped in an LCD and VGA card. Could never get the hold fixed on the monitor. Image looks great. The fan has quieted down. I bought a new power supply and hope to swap it in this weekend.

#13 11 years ago

What VGA card works in RFM for a LCD/LED flatscreen monitor?

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from alimerick:

What VGA card works in RFM for a LCD/LED flatscreen monitor?

+1 ... I never heard of this one. Normally on these the LCD people add is an arcade LCD.

#15 11 years ago

Check rob Anthony's site called lockwhenlit.com. He has the converter and a bracket set to install the LCD. Good guy to work with. Very knowledgable about pin2k.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
7,500 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.