002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
beer_seal_in_front_of_this_part.jpg
RFM_after_Shop_007.JPG
RFM_after_Shop_014.JPG
RFM_after_Shop_017.JPG
RFM_after_Shop_008.JPG
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 12 years ago

Had to take the wife's Ford Flex Limited to the Dealership this morning for a Scheduled Check-up, they gave me a 2011 F-150 to drive till tomorrow.. Play day !! I did a Few errand's etc.. , got a haircut and while in the Barber Shop , Pinball was brought up !! A guy told me he had an RFM , LW3 and a Gottlieb Strikes 'n Spares Bowling Pin..( 2 DMD's on that Pin ) Ohh Yeaa !! We Hooked up ,, He said he Bought All his Games New and was Selling a Few off. The Pin's were in Killer Condition . I ended up Buying RFM because I haven't had it B-4 .. The P/F has Hardly No Wear,, Kick-out Hole is in Great Shape ( No Cliffy needed @ All ) . The Only switch Error showing is the Left Sling EOS ,, It was Bent back to Far ( Fixed ) The Cabinet is in Great shape as well , Just the Left Rear Leg has some Decal Peal 1/4 about the top of the leg. I'm Posting this in the Market Place because I know I might get some PM's ask-n How Much or what-ever.. I Plan on shop-n it out and Play-n it for a While.. So , If anyone is Interested , Here it is.. B_R

RFM_005.JPGRFM_005.JPG RFM_007.JPGRFM_007.JPG RFM_008.JPGRFM_008.JPG RFM_011.JPGRFM_011.JPG RFM_014.JPGRFM_014.JPG RFM_023.JPGRFM_023.JPG

#2 12 years ago

I played one at an auction and I thought it was a goodtime. I think that pin is a little underated. Shouldn't have to much trouble selling it.

#3 12 years ago

Got a haircut and a pin..ha i love it.

#4 12 years ago

I've got 4-set's of Key's for this Pin , The B/G , Coin-door , Lock bar , and Back door to get to the monitor.. Look at the Pict's of the inside, Clean as a New Pin,, and the The Goodie bag with All New Plastic's and Book's were inside..

RFM_025.JPGRFM_025.JPG RFM_026.JPGRFM_026.JPG RFM_028.JPGRFM_028.JPG RFM_029.JPGRFM_029.JPG RFM_022.JPGRFM_022.JPG

#5 12 years ago

That game looks super clean.. Nice score!

#6 12 years ago

Nice pickup BR! I love our RFM we have at the house, and like always, I HIGHLY recommend putting the Ultimarc video amplifier in-line from the CPU video out to the monitor. Also, adding the superbright Cointaker kit looks killer on this pin too.

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I'm Posting this in the Market Place because I know I might get some PM's

Not to be so impatient but...when?? lol

#8 12 years ago

Great catch BR.RFM is a good and really Humorous pin.

#9 12 years ago

Your in for an ass woopen martian!

I love that line. Its a fun game in-spite of what the haters say about it. The better I get at it the more I like it. Super easy to work on as well.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

BLACK_ROSE said:

I'm Posting this in the Market Place because I know I might get some PM's

Not to be so impatient but...when?? lol

When what ,, I can Leave it as is and Let the New Owner Shop it if that desired. I just want to Play it for a Week or 2.. Shoot me an Offer !! ( Anyone ) I'll get some Better Pict's taken ..

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Your in for an ass woopen martian!

I like the Bill Clinton Quotes!!

#12 12 years ago

Fun pin, I miss mine. Nice pick up.

#13 12 years ago

Nice One BR!

#14 12 years ago

wow, wish mine was in that great of shape, clean too. great score. if you don't mind, can you pm me to tell me what was spent on it? I want to feel better about my purchase, or worse depending on what you say

#15 12 years ago

I don't have a drinking purple... problem

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from Slaymetender:

wow, wish mine was in that great of shape, clean too. great score. if you don't mind, can you pm me to tell me what was spent on it?

Hmmm ,,, No !! LOL .. I've decided to Shop it .. I also heard today if I install Led's , I will get a Diagnostics Alert saying i have Bulb's/light's out .. Is this true ?

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Slaymetender said:wow, wish mine was in that great of shape, clean too. great score. if you don't mind, can you pm me to tell me what was spent on it?
Hmmm ,,, No !! LOL .. I've decided to Shop it .. I also heard today if I install Led's , I will get a Diagnostics Alert saying i have Bulb's/light's out .. Is this true ?

I hadn't heard that, but that might get me to LED mine as well. Right now, I have a ton of extra bulbs, so shopping (first full shop for me) and using my existing bulbs it is.

#18 12 years ago

she's glorious blue!!! i'm not going 6 feet under till i own one of these. congrats BR, whats the turn time going to be on this one? 4 days? hahaha

#19 12 years ago

Looks like fun. Enjoyed playing one a few months ago. I figure you will probably have it spoken for by the time I finish this post.
Thanks for showing the pics-Ive never seen the inside of one of these cabinets-interesting.

#20 12 years ago

Nice, I just picked up one myself this past weekend.
Super fun and highly underated. Better than a lot of the top A list machines. IMHO

Do the software upgrade if it wasn't done already.

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I also heard today if I install Led's , I will get a Diagnostics Alert saying i have Bulb's/light's out .. Is this true ?

Yes - You will - I did. I used 2 LED with the spotlights only.

RFM has some kinda power detection, that checks for the voltage used. If you use LEDs, it will show up as an error. It is rather obvious what the error is, so IMO, the message doesn't matter that much.

A bigger issue is - This game wasn't designed to be brightly lit up with LEDs - you want to see the onglass animations.

#22 12 years ago

congrats on the RFM, B_R! when will the video be done?

#23 12 years ago

PM sent.

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

A bigger issue is - This game wasn't designed to be brightly lit up with LEDs - you want to see the onglass animations.

Not if you do the video amp

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from ssathre:

congrats on the RFM, B_R! when will the video be done?

Very Soon !!!

Quoted from Nibbles:

boogies said:

amp What ??

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

ssathre said:congrats on the RFM, B_R! when will the video be done?
Very Soon !!!
Nibbles said:boogies said:
amp What ??

Theres an amp that Brightens the monitor. It works escpecially well of there is a little gray in your picture. Pretty cheap, under 25-30 bucks i think. Check with Hooked, he knows where to get them. Congrats on the pickup!

#27 12 years ago

http://www.ultimarc.com/vidamp.html

I have my RFM in a four season porch, windows from floor to ceiling on 3-sides, and would put the video clarity brightness of my machine (during the daytime) up against people that don't have the amp on their pin and their video output in a dark room, it makes that much of a difference.

#28 12 years ago

Is this the first you owned a Pin2K game?

#29 12 years ago

Nice, I'd like to op one in a tattoo place, think it'd fair well in one.

#30 12 years ago

I gotta get of these. Nice score B_R!

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Is this the first you owned a Pin2K game?

1St Tyme ,,, I'm in the Process of tear-n out the Red Ramp's , Glad i have Alot of Black Rubber's.. I alway's use white.. The P/F is ( Entire Pin ) Is Very Nice.. I Noticed i can un-Plug 8 connector's and Lift the Entire P/F out .. Very Cool !!! More Pict's later..

#32 12 years ago

Only Black Rose could walk in for a haircut, and walk out with a pin!

I'm still waiting for him to build a dedicated outhouse, so he can keep more than 4 at a time.

#33 12 years ago

so jealous, hopefully mine will look that nice when i'm done!

#34 12 years ago

Congrats on the pickup,That's just great,in for a hair cut-out with RFM.I bet you bought it "Right"

#35 12 years ago

great score!

funny i just did a full tear down of the one we have in the office garage, did the cleaning and waxing and tomorrow i'm rebuilding the entire playfield cleaning the ramp and all. fixing 3 switchs and one target.

i'm also curious about the leds, i will try tomorrow and see what hapen.

post some pics when your done B R, i'd like to see the difference.

#37 12 years ago

Love my RFM great game congrats!

#38 12 years ago

Not my cup of tea.. but great find.

REMEMBER:- It's not what you know, but who you know

#39 12 years ago

Great find BR.

I didn't see RFM on the marketplace.. talk to me if you have a price in mind, I've got the itch bad.

#40 12 years ago

love that game. Especially attractive to some people that aren't quite yet hooked on pinball. Congrats.

#41 12 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Great find BR.

I didn't see RFM on the marketplace.. talk to me if you have a price in mind, I've got the itch bad.

There's a Long list ,, Look under The Forum's on the Left side of the Home Page.. Market place !!

In between Gameroom Talk & Pinball Bar.. Not the Market at the Top..

I Will say 1 thing, ( Now after owning Both ) RFM and AFM Are Similar , but Not the same.. and to be HONEST , I Like RFM better & is a Heck of a lot Cheaper !!

#42 12 years ago

^B_R, you played Martian Hypno-Beam yet?

#43 12 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

^BR, you played Martian Hypno-Beam yet?

On RFM ? not Sure !! I Played some Yesterday , I'm getting it back 2-Gether today.. Top-side..

I liked Clinton's call-out's .. " You have any female Martian's " Great Pin and Funny !!

#44 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

In between Gameroom Talk & Pinball Bar.. Not the Market at the Top..

Gotcha, nice.

#45 12 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

BLACK_ROSE said:

I also heard today if I install Led's , I will get a Diagnostics Alert saying i have Bulb's/light's out .. Is this true ?

Yes - You will - I did. I used 2 LED with the spotlights only.

RFM has some kinda power detection, that checks for the voltage used. If you use LEDs, it will show up as an error. It is rather obvious what the error is, so IMO, the message doesn't matter that much.

Yr Right , Yesterday , I put 2- 555 Frosted green Led's in the front 2 UFO Saucer's , in Diag- It read the bulb's as burned out.. This Pin Is Freak-n Smart.. I like the On screen Menu , Tell's All !!!

#46 12 years ago

Yup, you get it through the stroke of luck shot (I think on the 3rd relight of the SOL hole you get it). Probably my favorite mode on that machine, you'll definitely know you're playing it when it happens (especially if you're playing in a dark room) haha!

#47 12 years ago

Martian Hypno-Beam ,, I Will be lOOk-n for that . B-4 I Paid the man for the Pin, I did a Through Examination on RFM .. I even called my Pinball Confidant ( Hooked ) I was lOOk-n for the Strobe Light , I didn't know it didn't have 1 . But on RFM , It Still has the Sticker Warning people about the Hazzard to Epilepsy or a Seizure due to the Light's.. So Martian Hypno-Beam must be Why !!
I'll get a video up maybe Late 2-night or 2-morrow and Post it.. later . B_R

#48 12 years ago

great pin!

Clinton quotes:

Take the dress not the interns or something like that.

Mention of the cigar.

funny funny pin.

Don't grope the mellons either!

#49 12 years ago

RFM is a great game, its the better of the pin2k cabs for sure. My favorite mode is "Secret Weapon" which is the mode where an Ab Lincoln robot fights a giant martian.

#50 12 years ago

Man that one looks pretty clean indeed congrats B_R and to the future owner as well!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 85.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-is-in-the-b_r-grg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.