(Topic ID: 68984)

RFM - How many keys were there originally?

By meSz

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by meSz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I have a RFM and as anyone, that has one, is aware there are locks for the coin door, back door for the cabinet and for the back glass. My question is, were there originally 3 different keys for the machine when originally manufactured, was there one key for the coin door and one key for the back glass and back cabinet or was it one key for all?

The reason I ask this is, I have keys that will open the coin door and the back cabinet but I either loss the key to the back glass or for some reason the key, that opens the back cabinet, is not working on the back glass.

Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

I believe there are indeed three different keys.

#3 10 years ago

There are three different keys....

#4 10 years ago

One of the keys will also unlock the playfield glass only.... This allows for playfield repairs without the coin door being opened.

#5 10 years ago

Yup! I just had one. I can confirm that there are 3 different keys.

#6 10 years ago

The third key was the glass removal key. This allowed the operator to leave a key on location, so that the venue employees could remove the glass and untrap stuck balls ~ without having any access to the quarters.

This was the idea of keeping revenue flowing, with limited risk to operator.

#7 10 years ago

Thanks everyone for clarifying this for me. It looks as though I am going to have to order a new backglass key. Any suggestions as to who has them?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-how-many-keys-were-there-originally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.