IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (5 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (5 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waldo34.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4300 3 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

Shortly after my last post was playing a game. And I knew about the Martian Bowling Bug from 1.5 I believe it was. Well it struck and it's the first time I have had it and I am running software version 2.21. I have been playing it months with no issue and then today it struck. Has anyone else had this issue pop back up. After it shut down and rebooted played fine. On the plus side I wasn't having a stellar game.

I had the issue first game after upgrade.after reboot it has played fine (3 games).

#4322 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Sharing little info on things added to the next update v2.23, which is in the works at the mo but not yet released. Possibly an early 2021 release for it
----------------------
v2.23 RFM Update (Working In Progress ONLY)
Power Drain - fixed a minor issue where the feature may still run at the end of multiball if it was queued up previously. Ie it wasn’t been canceled cleanly
Mothership - is now trough aware and will launch 1 - the max number of trough balls at mode start. i.e 3 or 5.
Alien Abduction - added more speech, some adult!
Attract - added More Speech to flipper button presses
Paris in Peril - Added more Speech
End of Ball - Added More Speech
Ball Save - Added mMore Speech
Secret Weapon - Added more Speech
Right Popper (Stroke of Luck) - Improved logic to fix a bug where a payback time award would conflict with a lit martian attack mode and result in no ball being kicked out for the payback time duration
Stroke Of Luck - Added new award - ‘Odd Change’
Stroke Of Luck - Added new award - ’10% Player Score’
Stroke of Luck - Improved Collect Bonus Integration. End of Ball Graphics now play when awarded aswell as receiving the score calculated
----------------------
I am also thinking about a new party mode that has popped into my head whilst relaxing over the xmas break.
I would like to hear peoples thoughts on it.
This would be a new Party Mode option added to the list of party modes and would be only for games where there are multiple players started.
The titled of it would be 'Score War' and the the Stroke of Luck shot would be changed to only give out either fixed point reduction for all other players or a percentage decrease of their scores. Everything else would be the same and the SOL would be lit & collected in the same way. Could be a fun option to play with your friends (if you know each other well!!)
Let me know what you think anyway.

Guessing this has been suggested but anyway to track high scores for each mode? Much like any of the new games.

#4330 3 years ago

Please explain drunk flippers to me, I currently have the setting off.

1 week later
#4355 3 years ago

Install applejuice shaker and knocker today. They work great. Spent the rest of my afternoon pulling out my hair with the 6 ball mod. The led for ball six is not working. When I test with the camera it isn't purple. Yet all continuity test pass. I could use some help if anyone has any.

#4357 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

2 likely reasons:
1- you installed them in reverse polarity. The notch in the lens had to match the notch on the ink mask on the boards
2- you installed them in reverse type(receiver/sender)

Guessing it's number one. I'll have to check and see if that is in the instructions and I just missed it. Updates to follow.

#4358 3 years ago

3 of 4 upside down. It's now working, can't wait for 6 ball action! Thanks for the help.

#4363 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

The kit is for medium tech pinball users as mentioned at the start of the guide. I assumed that people would know about optos and the polarity, flat side, collector/emiitter sides for the receiver etc. If in doubt always seek help first from other techs. Installing them backwards sometimes kills them but it sounds like you were ok.
I am adding some datasheets of both optos parts supplied to the instructions just to help more, especially on the receiver side, as the flat/emitter side on these is not alway clear with the old williams silkscreen.

Always learning something new in this hobby. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Keep up the great work.

#4383 3 years ago

I did the same, bent plastic bend downward helps.

2 weeks later
#4441 3 years ago

He has done a couple of mine. 5 Stars.

1 month later
#4481 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPilot:

Just got my first RFM last week. HUO since 2002 with papers. Been in a private upstairs gameroom for the last 20 years. Hardly ever even turned on, much less played. Still has the little white "Warranty void if Removed" stickers on the head and the cabinet! When I mentioned some of the game modes, the seller said "we never got that far, we sucked at pinball" LOL! No playfield wear. Really just a nice, unmolested, 100% original version of Revenge from Mars.
Been enjoying it, but it had the ORIGINAL .90 firmware, so I updated to 2.22 (Fan-made) and its a whole new game! In the .90 firmware, you can only select to start a game in the Paris or Whitehouse (Alien Abduction) modes. In 2.22 firmware, a game may be started in any of nine options, including Mystery! Much more fun game! No wonder the original owners never saw any of the modes I mentioned!
I was able to update the firmware using a Windows 10 laptop, a usb-to-serial converter, and a "null" cable, which is really one vga cable with female leads at both ends, which is needed to make the connection behind the coin door. I had to run the install from a DOS CMD window, but it worked fine. There is no need to put the game in any special mode, as long as its turned on and working, it will recognize the firmware update. For software, I used what I found on the internet, if you've any trouble locating the page with the downloads and instructions, let me know.
As for mods, I ordered the VGA amplifier from England, and I ordered a Stern shaker motor, LEDs, and two clear cupholders !!! Ordered red leg protectors. I have five microswitches on order (three required, two as back up). The top two rollovers and right return lane were all dead. Also ordered five transistors as the right side apron, Martian, and kick-up hole flashers aren't working, yet bulbs are good. Overall it plays well - I'm thinking this one will stay in my collection for a long time!
My VGA tube-style monitor says "Samsung" on it - has it been replaced? Never knew Samsung made tube TVs. Still nice and crisp, but looking forward to increased brightness and contrast from the VGA amplifier mod.
Also, one last big question: Why no Pinstadium lights offered for this title? I'd like to light up the PF a bit, but tastefully, and in consideration of the holographic effects. Has anyone added LED strip lighting and tied it to the GI?

Congrats, concerning Pinstadium pretty sure it would make the monitor hard to see.

1 week later
#4510 3 years ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

This weekend I finally attempted to install applejuice's 6-ball trough mod, and I wonder if anyone else who has installed it has suggestions.
I've got 2.22 loaded, and set 6-ball trough to "yes". I got the transmitters/receivers soldered on (short wire to "flat" side), and it seems like that was successful as the 6th ball does seem to somewhat detect (see video below).
Here's a little video showing the switch test, starting with 4 balls in (I didn't get video, but I can see the switches detect those 4 balls), and adding two more:

Basically, it seems like ball 5 isn't detecting at all (or always detecting? Hard to understand what's normal behaviour).
And ball 6 seems to be detecting, but when a ball is not in that spot, the switch test appears to be rapidly cycling (see the video for what I mean... when in switch test mode and no ball in the 6th spot, it makes a heck of a racket).
It sort of seems like I've mis-wired, but I think this all looks right according to the docs as I read them..
This is a photo of the board installed with the 4 wires coming off:
[quoted image]
And this is a photo showing the wires coming into the opto transmitter and receiver:
[quoted image]
Does that all look correct? Any suggestions where to start debugging?
If I didn't have good wiring connections, etc, I wouldn't expect things to detect at all. It's weird that the 2 slots are behaving differently, if I put the LEDs in backwards or something. Weird!
I'm hoping I'm an idiot and just mis-wired, but I'm not seeing what I did wrong.

I never did get the leds install correct. Ended up just spending the $25 to purchase new 6 ball trough boards from Pinball Life. Never had a issue again. As for possible issues I initially installed my leds upside down. I know I am an idiot but what can I say I really wanted the mod.

#4514 3 years ago
Quoted from johnstewart:Oh yeah if I can fire the money gun and make this easy/easier I’ll do it.
This is the guy right?
https://www.pinballlife.com/trough-opto-transmitter-receiver-board-set-6-ball-for-williamsbally-pinball-machines.html

That looks like them:
Trough Opto Receiver Board (6 Ball) For Williams/Bally Pinball Machines pbl-600-0036-00 - $10.95
Trough Opto Transmitter Board (6 Ball) For Williams/Bally Pinball Machines pbl-600-0035-00 - $10.95

This was a simple solution for me.

2 weeks later
#4562 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Is the new code any good and easy to install? I bought a rfm that was given to one of the original pin 2000 software designers and would like to update it to the new code if it’s good

You know how there is always a "but" code is not to hard to install. My but was ribbon cable was on my motherboard backwards. Took me a bit to figure out the issue.

So code might be relatively easy to install but your pin might have oddities from the factory.

#4565 2 years ago

Start here https://www.mypinballs.com/
He has a newer tool for installs on the site. Pretty sure that is the recommended way.

I went old school https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revenge-from-mars-pin-2000-software-update-tutorial

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

7,500 (OBO)
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waldo34.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=waldo34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.