IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (6 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (5 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 9 years ago

I'm in the club. Great game, one of my favorites and I'm glad it is in the collection for me.

7 months later
#270 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

I bought my RFM less than a year old in 2000. It's the machine that sucked me into the hobby. It's one of the best machines of all time and I still have it.
I went crazy on it's restoration a couple years ago. Highlights include clearcoated playfield, chrome T-molding and a ridiculous amount of time spent on detailing. Cab decals are original and perfect. Take a look:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mike217/sets/72157627703941873/

Wow!!! Amazing auality work!!!

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Got my RGB flying saucer kit today. Looks fantastic! I'll be selling the Bill Ung version soon.

image.jpg 209 KB

I literally lost my bill ung saucers... That's what happens when you don't install a mod right away.

3 years later
#1934 6 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Random Restoration Pics...

Never seen an RFM restoration before. Looks great!

#1935 6 years ago
Quoted from APOLLO_13:

Just had mine done so it's running version 1.6

Is that the latest software? I’ve never checked mine to see what it is running...going to check it out now.

#1942 6 years ago
Quoted from silversmurfer:

Mine is running 1.8 - think it's a mypinballs mod with net support

Does it have more call outs and music or different rules? Thanks!

#1944 6 years ago

My machine is running version 1.5, is it worth upgrading to 1.6 or is not really much changed?

5 years later
#6218 6 months ago

Good evening gang.

I was a longtime club member but sold my very nice back in 2018 as I was concerned about it turning into a paperweight since I couldn’t find a Nucore for it. I’m tempted to get back in this club as my wife and I both miss the game.

Question: in the last five years has another alternative to Nucore been developed for RFM or is there still risk of the machine turning into a paperweight?

Question 2: did I see right that there was new code for the game a couple years ago? Is there a list of what the new code contains?

Thanks in advance.

#6221 6 months ago
Quoted from GILV:

Here's a list of the updates, lots of updates, makes the game very very fun, games are longer but more of a challenge as well.
Would'nt go back to the old code.

Sorry, the list did not make it through. Please provide again.

My bigger concern is the Nucore alternative. Is there one? This is what made me end my last ownership run, I figured in five years some people may have developed a work around of some sort.

#6231 6 months ago

I’m trying to follow the thread discussion. There is a system that people are working on to replace the computer with something other than the disco tied Nucore?

Any chance of whatever this is being sold in a kit of some kind with instructions or of Nucore being made available again?

I’d like to rejoin the club but I just don’t want to do it if there is risk of me ending up with a 300 pound paper weight. Thanks in advance for the answer and sorry I’m so far behind with this issue.

#6234 6 months ago

Thank you for the reply's guys.

Quoted from justyn:

Find one with an LCD and make sure your motherboard is recapped by someone who knows what they are doing.

What does recapped mean? Also, does the LCD improve or diminish the image? I know old NES and SNES games look bad on LCD, I'm wondering if this will be the same thing.

I am bummed on Nucore still not being an option, but I was hoping someone had developed a similar prefabricated kit of some kind.

#6249 6 months ago
Quoted from GILV:

If it's Nucore you want then this guy seems to have plenty available for sale (see link).

Fantastic link! This is exactly what I was hoping to find.

Just to confirm, no one has any issues with that eBay seller? He’s not selling something that doesn’t work, right?

I’m going to grab one and then I’m going to officially be on the hunt for a good RFM.

#6262 5 months ago
Quoted from applejuice:

The new Pinball 2000 Updater software v1.0 has finished testing and is now released. Download for Mac OS, Windows and /or Linux.
See here https://www.mypinballs.com/software/pinball2000/software_updater.jsp or click the picture on the homepage at https://mypinballs.com
If you want to use it, then buy a licence on the download page.
I hope everyone with pin2k games enjoys this new app. It was a lot of work to create

This is very neat and I see from the link that it works with various systems. How easy is this to update and what not?

I see this thread has not had a key post in more than three years; I can mark some posts as key, you guys just tell me the numbers.

#6266 5 months ago

I saw this portion of a post in the Nucore forum that was linked above:

“LCD con -- Absolutely horrible black level on most LCD's. This ruins the hologram effect in RFM. What happens instead of seeing individual hologram targets, you have a big square image that pretty much shows the player he is looking at a reflected monitor instead of a 'floating hologram'. For star wars it isn't a real big deal since most of the game is designed with backgrounds. RFM has plenty of images with black backgrounds.“

Is this issue still the case with LCD? Does it impact the hologram effect negatively?

#6269 5 months ago
Quoted from erikie:

For better lcd blackness. There are lcd panels which should work better. Lots of discussions about this can be found on internet.

Do these improved panels ever reach the same level of blackness as the CRT? I see some people say the LCD has better resolution, but if that blackness isn't there that won't really matter for the hologram effect, I wouldn't imagine.

#6276 5 months ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

I put a CGA commercial arcade monitor in my RFM when my CRT was beyond hope. No adapters and used the same plugs the CRT did and I think looks really good. Not as cheap as an average LCD. It's a Wells Gardner and I think I paid 300 or 400 for it.

Are the blacks as black as the CRT? This sounds like a good option.

#6289 5 months ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

Sadly no but I don't regret going to the LCD. I will get some pictures for you on different game play so you can see how it looks.

That would be great. Thank you so much!

I’m really enthusiastic about possibly rejoining this club. My wife and I never really wanted to sell our old machine, just needed the space at the time and felt that the lack of parts if the game crashed was a time bomb. By the sounds of it that risk is just not there any longer so this club is safe to rejoin.

The assistance and comments on the CRT and various other options is very helpful for when I go hunting for that perfect RFM for us. Sounds like the CRT is the best option but that some of these other options may be okay (I don’t want to ruin the holographic effect).

#6296 5 months ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Worthy of a key post i would say..
Plus my software update posts would be useful to be key posted to.

I marked the one you quoted key. Send me numbers for the other posts you feel should be key’d and I’ll key mark them.

Question: is it possible to find a NOS or brand new crt?

#6299 5 months ago
Quoted from GILV:

You should check Ebay a little more. This guy, which in Quebec, Canada not too far away from me, sells one here (see link), The same guy in question had listed it for sale on Marketplace last year, I almost bought 1, because he has 2 for sale (unless he sold one lately), but I decided that it would take up too much room for such a low risk that I ever need one.
ebay.com link: itm

Yea, he says it needs some work and doesn’t function properly…and the pick up certainly wouldn’t work. I’m wondering if there is an NOS available or possibly a modern replica of some kind.

#6309 5 months ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Summary Post for all my (myPinballs Electronics) upgrades & updates for pinball 2000 and RFM specifically. (As of October 2023)

Holy smokes! You’ve been busy!

2 weeks later
#6372 5 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

It’s a party here about every night between the two of us lol. Thanks and yeah great vibe. Then the upstairs eek.

That is really cool carpet. Is it black light reactive?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.