IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (6 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (5 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thesav.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2919 4 years ago

Which Stern shakers are compatible with your loom and update? All of them? Or just some?

I’ve got a Rev B shaker (502-5027-00 Rev B), will it work correctly in RFM with your loom?

1 month later
#3071 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Speaking of which I have an idea to commission some new graphics for a new feature mode. Set In an abandoned theme park with zombies perhaps then the aliens turn up....

You sir, are the real MVP.

1 month later
#3161 4 years ago

Anyone had any issue resetting high scores on v2.10? I’ve gone to Settings > Adjustments > High Scores and set the high scores to what I’d like, but they don’t seem to do anything. Am I missing something?

2 months later
#3364 4 years ago

Hey Revengers, I'm having a small issue with my v2.10 machine (haven't had a chance to update to 2.20 yet) - When I go to Settings > Adjustments > High Scores & change the Default Champion or Default HSTD scores it doesn't seem to have any effect..

Anyone know how to change the default scores? I've done it on previous versions…

Thanks

#3365 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Poor people are crazy zitt.
I’m eccentric.

The one on the right I just added to my collection as an upgrade. It has a shaker motor, new tmolding, a nicer playfield, freshly polished ramps and metals, a 3D translight, recapped motherboard, monitor and prism card, sweet art blades, and the sides of the playfield have felt installed to prevent scratching when lifting/lowering the playfield.
I didn’t personally do any of those upgrades. Someone else here on pinside did.
I have a shaker for the one on the left, I just need to get around to installing it. The one on the left also needs cleaning, center ramp replacement, and the left ramp switch fixed. I have all the parts. Just need time to actually do it.

Is it still possible to buy these art blades? And what's the difference between this 3D translite and the normal one?

3 months later
#3530 4 years ago

Hi team, I’m finally getting around to hooking up my shaker and knocker in RFM, but I’m unsure about my shakers wiring and whether I need a diode or not?

My shaker (stern 502-5027-00 rev B) is wired up, blue to orange & red to yellow on the RFM harness. Is that correct?
Do I need to add a diode in here somewhere for the shaker? If so, where physically do I add it?

My knocker (repurposed from my JP), I haven’t wired up yet, because I’m unsure of which way the diode and wiring should be around?
Red to brown & black to blue?

Thanks heaps.

BD51BB15-A54B-4C58-8BAB-4A8DF19CCCBC (resized).jpegBD51BB15-A54B-4C58-8BAB-4A8DF19CCCBC (resized).jpeg
#3532 4 years ago

Hey thanks. I’ve followed these as best I can, but electronics and wiring is not my forte at all..
I’d love to not blow a fuse or a motor etc..
Thanks

#3535 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Red to yellow, red to brown - looks like your knocker has a diode, your shaker a fuse - I don't see a diode on your shaker however.....

Thanks. Do I need to put a diode on the shaker? And if so where do I attach it?

#3538 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Yes! just like the PDF shows - it really details everything....cathode is the banded side of a diode.....anywhere really......wherever makes best sense....

I ended up mounting the diode on the terminals right near the armature of the shaker - just enough clearance - woohoo.

Everything worked brilliantly, didn’t even blow a fuse or transistor! Thanks @applejuice for making this whole thing happen, for the software updates, the loom and all your blood sweat and tears. Thanks @sonic & others for helping me out along the way & answering my somewhat dumb questions.

This is a Really well executed setup & I love every moment of it. Thanks heaps everyone!

2 years later
#5278 1 year ago
Quoted from themotherbrain:

My shaker will knock your fillings loose!
Is there any way I could somehow weaken the motor or perhaps would you consider coding an adjustment? I am using the standard sam rev b if that is useful info. I'd love to just take it down a notch to be more in line with my other games. I'm not sure if there is some kind of adjustment I can wire in? Any help would be great!
Thanks again for all the effort you put into this project!

Did you sort this out? I have the same shaker and same issue.. I’ve had to turn the shaker off because it vibrates the glass violently and scares the crud outta my young fella.

Thanks

#5285 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

See my reply here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/102#post-6763401
My game behaves intensity wise similar to stern games maybe slightly weaker, certainly not a bone shaking glass rattling afair. If that’s happening then you did something wrong or deviated from my instructions

applejuice What’s the best place to test the voltage on the shaker? I tried with the game diagnostics menu, but the shaker only runs for a fraction of a second (and low intensity) and won’t register properly on my multimeter.

I bought a loom from you and have installed it to your specs (I think!), though my kit was an early one and from memory I don’t think it included the diodes - so perhaps I need to install those, but I don’t think this would be causing my issues?

I’ve attached some pictures of my install for illustration.

Thanks

34C70A0E-E732-4568-8638-A7F405944100 (resized).jpeg34C70A0E-E732-4568-8638-A7F405944100 (resized).jpeg7CF04FA3-4F22-4072-827F-AC9840B7ABEA (resized).jpeg7CF04FA3-4F22-4072-827F-AC9840B7ABEA (resized).jpeg95330B3E-A5E8-4825-84D5-89C84AF49DF9 (resized).jpeg95330B3E-A5E8-4825-84D5-89C84AF49DF9 (resized).jpegB65054CE-6873-4527-86E1-FB2E76639B0A (resized).jpegB65054CE-6873-4527-86E1-FB2E76639B0A (resized).jpeg
#5286 1 year ago

As a follow up, I enabled the shaker, hooked up my multimeter & it seems that during a mode finalisation, my shaker is briefly hitting 20volts, instead of 12..
Thoughts?

EA4D2797-A072-47C3-8023-C803134CEDBB (resized).jpegEA4D2797-A072-47C3-8023-C803134CEDBB (resized).jpeg
#5301 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

The best thing to do is just test the 12v feed voltage, ie put the red lead of your multimeter on the yellow wire/pin and then the black lead on any ground braid point. What does it read? I just checked mine and it reads 14.6v so that's pretty normal and correct for an unregulated 12v. If its higher than 15v then check your line voltage and line plug settings.

Mine runs at 15.4v while in attract mode. Any tips? Where/How do I test the line voltage/settings?

Could/should I test by putting the stern shaker board (which came with the shaker) into the mix? That’s essentially just a regulator to lower the voltage right? Or will that just make the shaker lame & useless?

As I mentioned above, yes I’m using your loom, but I don’t seem to have diodes on my cabling - does that matter too much?

Thanks for all the amazing support and updates, I do look forward to having this shaker issue sorted out!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 85.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thesav.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=thesav and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.