IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (6 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (6 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tazdevl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3747 3 years ago

First of all: good job with all these updates and new features!

I updated to 2.21 yesterday and observed some unusual behaviour. Maybe somebody can comment on this and maybe some of these can actually be controlled by some of the new settings?

1. Alien Abduction - there still was a UFO active, stealing a car. Nonetheless, the skip ramp activated and I could end the mission which of course awarded no saucer light. I am pretty sure that on 1.5 the mission could not be ended before all UFOs either escaped or were destroyed

2. Martian Happy Hour - mission completed by hitting ball catcher, but the ball dropped back on the playfield and drained through the middle. No new ball was automatically issued after the video sequence ended (as was the case in 1.5, to continue the same one that just drained). The pin finally started a ball search and released another ball

3. This new ball should have been the continuation of the drained one, therefor Super Skillshot should not be active now. However, I could do a Super Skillshot when shooting the ball (I failed to check if the pin had wrongly increased the number of played balls -issued a new ball rather than replacing the drained one- or stayed on the current count)

#3749 3 years ago

They came with 2.0 afaik...

#3757 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

They were re-enabled in v1.9

Thanks for correcting me here!

I just took the glass off in order to simulate the issues I had described in my earlier post. I could not repeat point 1, maybe just a freak accident or some weird combination of shots that I simply didn‘t reproduce, wouldn‘t worry about it at that time.

However, I can confirm points 2 and 3. With ball 1 I killed all martians, then manually activated the ball catcher and let the ball drain through the middle. The pin did not recognize the drained ball, went into a ball search and released ball 2 (hence the activated super skillshot, as you already suggested). I can provoke this behaviour every time. This seems to happen for all modes, not only Happy Hour.

All ball trough switches and the shooter lane switch work fine in switch test when running a ball over them (tested several times with fast and slow balls) and the pin does not throw any other errors.

I previously had 1.5 installed, in the situation I just described the pin was in a kind of „ball save“ mode (w/o the „Shoot Again“ light) and gave you back the ball which just drained. I did not find any comments anywhere that this behaviour changed with any of the updates.

1 week later
#3776 3 years ago

A friend of mine tested this on his RfM which also runs the latest V2.21 and he confirms what I observed (see below). Would you consider looking into that for a potential future update?

Quoted from TazDevl:

However, I can confirm points 2 and 3. With ball 1 I killed all martians, then manually activated the ball catcher and let the ball drain through the middle. The pin did not recognize the drained ball, went into a ball search and released ball 2 (hence the activated super skillshot, as you already suggested). I can provoke this behaviour every time. This seems to happen for all modes, not only Happy Hour.
All ball trough switches and the shooter lane switch work fine in switch test when running a ball over them (tested several times with fast and slow balls) and the pin does not throw any other errors.
I previously had 1.5 installed, in the situation I just described the pin was in a kind of „ball save“ mode (w/o the „Shoot Again“ light) and gave you back the ball which just drained. I did not find any comments anywhere that this behaviour changed with any of the updates.

2 weeks later
#3844 3 years ago

If it doesn’t work on the serial port in the coin door, try connecting it directly to the PC. If needs to communicate to Port 1, if plugging in directly to the computer it is possible that the cable on the motherboard is not plugged into COM1. In that case, simply plug it into the correct port (Pin needs to be switched off for that!).

2 weeks later
#3875 3 years ago

Great news re. the bugfix!

1) I would prefer it to carry over
2) What Zitt said (preferrably the option to temporarily pause it for multiball)

On a more general topic: would it be possible to have all the new features you implemented like behaviour of flippers, Hurry-Up carrying over, Ant&Spider, no. of balls during multiball etc. as individual options in the menu so that everybody can set each of those to their personal liking?

#3896 3 years ago

Power Drain sounds interesting, looking forward to give that one a go!

Would you consider to make your feature improvements individually selectable in the menu (would that even be possible?)?

1 week later
#3909 3 years ago

@Applejuice: just put of curiosity - did you also do something to the internal workings, e.g. coil power etc.? Before the update, on my machine it was pure luck if the ball made it all the way up to the bumpers or even all around for the super skillshot. After the update, I noticed no more problems in regards to this w/o having done anything else apart from the update. Nice side effect!

#3933 3 years ago

Also, on the pin side of the connection, check what I wrote in post #3844 (please note that the COM1 stuff below refers to the computer in the pin):

Quoted from TazDevl:

If it doesn’t work on the serial port in the coin door, try connecting it directly to the PC. If needs to communicate to Port 1, if plugging in directly to the computer it is possible that the cable on the motherboard is not plugged into COM1. In that case, simply plug it into the correct port (Pin needs to be switched off for that!).

1 week later
#3958 3 years ago

Remove the socket from the board and use a battery to verify that socket and lamp work. If they do, you can skip to 2 below (although also doing 1 wouldnˋt hurt)

1. Try cleaning the metal contacts in the wedge base sockets and carefully bend them a little tighter together. Also, bend the 2 contacts on the side of the socket a little upwards and clean them as well.
2. However, you will likely need to reflow the curved solder patches of these sockets on the board (remove board for that). Over the years, the 2 socket side contacts dig into the solder, thus causing bad/no connection.

4 weeks later
#4023 3 years ago

The service port is simply an extension of the PCs serial port. Just plug one end of your 9-pin cable into the RfM PC, the other one into your computer and you should be fine. If the updater does not find your pin, open the PC and ensure that the port you are plugged into is indeed connected to COM1 on the motherboard. If not, simply change the plug on the motherboard.

The ballstop tends to get magnetized and hangs, as you are experiencing. Either swap for a new part or simply put some adhesive tape at the bottom end of the plunger, that‘s what did the trick on my RfM. The latter is also an easy way to determine if magnetism is indeed the problem. Additionally, it would do no harm to dismantle and clean the ballstop unit.

Added over 4 years ago:

Please note: „...open the PC and ensure that the port you are plugged into is indeed connected to COM1 on the motherboard...“ refers to the RfM PC.

2 weeks later
#4079 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohm:

2nd problem is it will randomly start a mission and launch the ball after you press the start button, but before you hit the launch button. It does it more often when you have a multiple players, but not always. I was advised to check the opto boards with my phone camera, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Wondering if this issue can be resolved by updating.

Go into switch test and test the switch in the shooter land and the ball trough optos.

@Applejuice:
Looking forward to the release

3 weeks later
#4121 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

v2.22 is now out

Note to self: a few days of not checking here for the update did the trick, remember that for the future!

@applejuice: Good job, thanks a lot! Will update asap, but am quite busy at the moment.

1 week later
#4156 3 years ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

A feature request I have is to turn off the Status Report.... when cradling a ball it obscures all the graphics, and frankly I have never cared about the data it displays.

+1

1 month later
#4196 3 years ago

I would strongly recommend to not use the computer w/o havng replaced the CPU fan! At the same time you could check / replace the fan in the computer power supply (or replace the power supply).

1 month later
#4274 3 years ago

Could be a cold solder joint on the chassis, reflowing the chassis could help.

1 week later
#4309 3 years ago

Wise choice

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 85.00
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tazdevl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=tazdevl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.