IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (5 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (5 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverunicorn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 9 years ago

I love me some RFM. And strangely enough, some SWE1 also.

I think the Pinball2000 platform is just incredible and it is a shame it was not used to it's full potential.

Mine is HUO (verified) but not without flaws, LOL

Great stuff!

rfm1.jpgrfm1.jpg rfm2.jpgrfm2.jpg rfm5.jpgrfm5.jpg rfm6.jpgrfm6.jpg
2 months later
#104 9 years ago

Mancave - What monitor do you have in your machine? I may be able to help you out

Chris

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I put a 40 watt car stereo amp in mine and the audio is mind blowing. Since this title pioneered hitting virtual images, the sounds are critical (and totally make the game). I own both games, and think they are both great. No doubt that RFM is the better value, but it's unfortunately built on a platform that never took off. Hopefully Nucore will be resurrected...
I always look forward to the crazy "Mystery modes"...Martian autopsy, aerobics, bowling, etc.

IMG_8512.JPG 156 KB

Is your Dell breathing fire out it's Butt?!

LOL

Chris

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Now a trouble shooting question for you guys. My right martian is not moving at all. I put a tiny bit of oil on my finger and spread it all around the linkage arm to see if that would free it up more and get it working. No dice. Any ideas what I can do to get it working? I'm thinking maybe it's just a weak coil. I could feel the coil working when I was touching it in the martian mode. It moved up and down a tiny bit, but that was all. What do you guys think? Thanks.

Can you move it manually? Sounds like the coil may be seized.

Chris

3 weeks later
#217 9 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

That key was for routing operators to leave with the establishment personnel. If a ball got stuck, they could use that key to releas the lockbar, remove glass, and clear any stuck balls as needed. The playfield could NOT be opened, so money was still safely locked up.

This. a really ingenious feature if you ask me!

Chris

#223 9 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

I just finished shopping my RFM and everything looks great except the black vinyl decal that goes on the lower front of the ball catcher. The ball beats the heck out of that sometimes when it comes off the skip ramp. I cannot find anyone that has this or any generic adhesive backed black vinyl that looks like it would work. Does anyone have a source for something to replace this with?

I have a piece of textured vinyl that I got from someone on RGP or Pinside long ago. I have an extra that you can have if I can find it.

1 month later
#241 9 years ago
Quoted from cyroute:

Just picked up mine Sunday only issue is it has the original software code in it version .7! I have watched the youtube vid on updating and just ordered a null modem cable and have 1.6 to put on it. I have an old desktop with windows xp on it and serial port. Anything else I need to look out for on the update.
Thanks,
Joe

293506-i.jpg 34 KB

Did you download the updater and the 1.5 software? That should be all you need. Let me know if you have any problems. You are not far from me if you need help.

Chris

3 months later
#279 9 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I have a few more sets of RFM sling protectors for sale. These are laser cut PETG. I've designed them so they can be installed without having to pull the saucer light wires out. Price is $15 shipped per set.
I also have a used set of RFM slingshot plastics in decent condition (see pic below) that someone can add to their order for and additional $10.
And I have some NOS RFM key fobs. Again, +$10 each.

Protector installed:

RFMplastics.jpg 40 KB

RFM_protector.jpg 237 KB

Matt's protectors are great. I have them on RFM and Episode 1.

Chris

1 month later
#319 9 years ago

Interested in where you got 1.6 software.

Thanks,
Chris

#326 9 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Question about the RFM serial cable...
Does the serial cable just run from the PC case, down the back of the monitor/cabinet, and then on the left side of the cabinet up to the coin door...
and just hang there?
Meaning it doesn't connect to anything on the coin-door side unless a tech or something plugged something in?

Mine is in a bracket inside the coin door, Just above the interlock switch. You would plug the null modem cable into this to update the game.

Here is a pic:

DSCF8954.JPGDSCF8954.JPG

Chris

#338 9 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

You should be able to lift it up a little bit then pull it forward and down. Unless someone has secured it with a zip tie or something. IIRC, the locking mech for the translite can get in the way too....
The red button on the front of the computer is just another power switch (so you can power down just the computer and leave everything else running).

Perfect explanation! If you need me to, I can make a quick video.

Chris

1 week later
#387 9 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Did you guys see this yet?
Greg Freres, who did the artwork for Revenge From Mars (and lots of others!), will be at SFGE? I really like the art on this game! Looking forward to SFGE and seeing Greg.

Greg is SUPER nice.

Be sure to take your Translite and a silver Sharpie

Greg1.jpgGreg1.jpg
RFMTL1.jpgRFMTL1.jpg
RFMTL2.jpgRFMTL2.jpg

2 weeks later
#394 9 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Did you guys know that WMS is still using the AFM / RFM branding on slot machines?
http://www.wms.com/Games/SensoryImmersionGaming/Pages/AttackFromMarsRevengefromMars.aspx
... Altan

Yes, they have Addams Family as well. Sad to see them when you know they were the downfall of the pins

Chris

#402 9 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

Has anyone posted a simple way to navigate menus with the glass off?
This vid shows how-to very simply.
» YouTube video
Would love to know if this unlisted vid is useless (common sense), or worth posting (good idea)

I had never seen that way, but it looks like it works well. I just use the backglass when I have the playfield glass out. Like this (tripod did not catch the entire effect. From player's stance, you can read the whole screen):

Chris

#403 9 years ago

Another really cool idea (to me anyway) was the "location key".

If you are new to Pinball 2000, there is a lock to the right of the start button. If your machine did not come with all of the correct keys, you might wonder what the heck this lock is for. Wonder no more!

Sorry, I hate my narration, LOL

Chris

#415 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now that's the hard part, I forgot all about that.

Just turn the TV around.

#426 9 years ago

Very interesting variations on that NOS playfield!

Chris

#459 9 years ago
Quoted from Zimmer:

what is the best way to clean filthy martians?

Hot tub.

hottub.jpghottub.jpg

Photo from http://joshkaplan0.tripod.com/humor.htm

Chris

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 85.00
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
7,500 (OBO)
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverunicorn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=silverunicorn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.