IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (5 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (5 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3202 4 years ago

(to follow)

2 months later
#3368 4 years ago

ok, RFM just landed home
its in "player" state, but playing very well (and for now its all i want)
even if i know already a lot about it, will read these 68 pages...
rendez-vous later

#3370 4 years ago

tanx Paul (and others)

well, not sure how much time RFM will stay home, as it was more a "transit" pin before JP is done (talking about code, remember, i'm a "player")
and of course i knew already before about RFM, than my wife played few games & said : "why do you want to let this pin go so fast !? as its a very funny one !!! and no as all others" (lol)

we'll see than...
almost i have to clean the playfield, even if again it plays very well already, as i've beaten MARS on my 4th game on it (factory settings, 1.5 code)
i know highest scores needs to beat MARS almost twice in a game

WP_20191125_20_42_55_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20191125_20_42_55_Pro (resized).jpg

#3386 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Update your software and you might enjoy it more ...

yes, was already in the "to do list"

tomorrow afternoon will be step 1 : cleaning/waxing the PF... updating should become after that

#3388 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Update your software and you might enjoy it more ...

and while i'm reading all this topic from the begining, i know now that you're the new code guy for the RFM, than already let me say BRAVO & TANX !

#3400 4 years ago

i should get a NULL MODEM cable next week, but what about this way :

install a HD in the P2000 computer, with an OS on it + the update software + code
connect a KB and /or a mouse
change boot startup sequence in the BIOS, start on the HD
launch the update from the HD

... !?

3 weeks later
#3450 4 years ago

some fresh news...

our RFM working in 2.20 (with original CPU+CRT) ... tanx again Jim
and my son just build a NUCORE reserve system in case of probs...

#3452 4 years ago

... with your "how to" PDF

#3454 4 years ago

@J i m : not sure if you're still collecting ideas for a future release, but here're few :

- while in mystery, when you get COLLECT BONUS, pity there's nothing more on the screen than just these 2 words (would be easy to almost show how much points it is, or play the similar routine from the existing one when draining the ball, or program something similar but different)

- my son said : while in "drunk mode", if you start something else as amultiball (with HAPPY HOUR still running behind), flippers remain inverted... to me, i admit i like it that way (stay inverted), my son would prefer flippers back to normal (may be add this to choose in the settings)

- another possible setting about the "drunk mode" : may be having it enable always came a bit to often (in fact 1 mission out of 9)... than why not this 3rd option in settings : "mystery only drunk mode" : in this case, no/never drunk mode while starting HAPPY HOUR, but if you shoot the scoop with MYSTERY lit, than 1st gift will always be "drunk mode" until the end of the mission (or draining the ball)

- not sure if you can add/program some more animation which are not already in the game, but than :
you already add the SNEAK IN message for the scoop... why not adding a variable not resseting on every new game, and than every X sneak in (if player is not in multiball), you'll get the CRAZY BOB SLOT MACHINE : a slot machine is running on the screen, you'll stop it with the launch button (or by hitting the 4 actions buttons)... lots of various prizes can be created : 3 cow big points, 3 martians heads for small points, 3 pinballs for an extra ball, 3 missiles for +X missiles, 3 bombs for 1 smart bomb, 3 fuel for X seconds ball saver, 3 cars for .........................

- still have to check what it does now, but with the 4 in/outlanes : when you have already MYSTERY ready at the scoop, making all 4 lights again could give something else (+1 smart bomb, + X advance mutiplier bonus, light EB, bonus held)

- when ball is ejected from the scoop, if you control ball to aim and/or shoot directly ball back in it (with no other switch between), game is thinking ball was not ejected correctly and eject it again without doing nothing (and of course its initialy nice as it if pin as a coil fault)... but this could also be use as another added feature : SCOOP SKILLSHOT... may be setting a limit of X seconds to redo the shoot... reward could be + 10% of your actual score (this working ONLY 1 time per ball, else it could quickly become an easy & too lucrative shoot)

Added over 4 years ago:

edit : about last idea, with having this availabke only once per ball, it also makes the strategy being very fun & nice with risk/reward to try do the shoot, always asking now... or later (never) !?

1 month later
#3508 4 years ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

What does Family Mode do, specifically?

well, never tried it, but seems quite sure is to cut off some bad sound words/language...

1 week later
#3519 4 years ago

beaten my son with 139 martians !!! had 3 very good martians attack on the same game, never happend before like this...
meanwhile final score of this game was poor with a bit less than 500.000.000 pts

2 weeks later
#3527 4 years ago

ok, surelly my last com here as RFM should leave home tonight... for sure, this one will be in the top "i miss it" pins list... but have no other choice, only 2 places/pins home, i have to make them turn around to simply play something else

and while i'm here, a last word to Jim (including again a big TANX & BRAVO for the update code)

i had this situation this morning :
not sure how the code is working to check conditions to start wizard mode (seems its just after having changed mission, at the begining of the next/new one, and not at the end of the previous one), as :

all was done to get ATTACK MARS, mission than change for the next one which was HAPPY HOUR (with DRUNK FLIPPERS)
than directly ATTACK MARS become available with the center jump shoot, which i start, and than i keep the inverted flippers for all the WIZARD MODE (i won anyway, and beating my HS lol)...
not sure you know about this, not sure you have to correct it (because it was unusual & fun to play it as it), but almost you know it happends

WP_20200304_12_04_28_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20200304_12_04_28_Pro (resized).jpg

WP_20200304_12_05_16_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20200304_12_05_16_Pro (resized).jpg

to all RFM owners, have a nice day & enjoy your pin

#3529 4 years ago

no prob, as pinball enthousiast, its a logical/normal/friendly thing to give you feedback about your work

and again, i had fun to play all the wizard mode as it, than not sure this has to be "corrected" !?

++ and may be see you later, as my RFM did leave home yesterday...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 85.00
7,500 (OBO)
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=ripleyyy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.