IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (6 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (5 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reznnate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2333 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Hey guy first of all Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Don’t forget about your RFM gift. 2.0 is now available. Thanks a lot applejuice to make a great game even greater.
Happy installing! [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the reminder and thanks to applejuice for this xmas gift!

I'm still running 1.5 and have never updated before. Are there any additional memory requirements or other install needs if you're running with original or updated/pinbox hardware?

1 month later
#2446 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hi,
just a quick note to say that i did the update on my genuine RFM with my laptop running win 10 64bits.
No issue !

Following up on the 2.0 update posts.

I had success using fupdate on win10 with this null modem
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/7507825604/
connected to this serial cable
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0758B6MK6/

Initially the door-serial-port connection was failing.
I found a thread mentioning how the serial port connections (com1/com2) were swapped inside the pin2k PC.
Sure enough, the db9 cable was connected to com2. Swapped and it worked!

My first few games with 2.0 have been great. Nice upgrades! THANK YOU applejuice !!!

1 month later
#2578 5 years ago

After a power cycle, my RFM game has started forgetting it's settings. I've replaced the PC coin battery and the coin battery on the prism card. Any thoughts on what I might check? Perhaps the replacement battery was bad? Which one?

2 weeks later
#2631 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

So basically, it's just :
- purchase a USB-null cable
- plug the cable
- launch a single command under windows
- wait 20 minutes
that's all !
EDIT : if you need more details, i can do a mini tuto ^^

My coin-door COM port cable was misconfigured so I needed to flip the com port cable connections in the PC as well.

11 months later
#3586 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Just use a windows computer to update it if you don't want to pay for the pub card updating. There's plenty of documents online on how to use the fupdate command with windows 10.
Also i may create a new pinball 2000 updater program for windows 10 if there is interest. Or a virtual box image for xp and the old software preinstalled.

Both of these things sound very nice 'quality of life' improvements. I would love to see you do this.
But the work involved might outweigh the few number of people who would benefit or be willing to donate for the cause.
Pinsiders are cheap bastards until we're asked to pay $300 for glass or $400 for a $50 LCD display.

1 month later
#3809 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Yep i have both the proper batteries and the separator tool available.

Thanks again for making these available. The battery I bought on Amazon was apparently DOA.

1 year later
#4799 2 years ago

I've been chasing a ghost on my RFM for nearly a year.
It plays fine for several days and survives numerous cold-reboots, but after my game sits for several days, the game settings go haywire (language change, freeplay disabled, etc.). The door controls don't work, slam tilt message is onscreen, etc.

I've replaced both batteries twice. I replaced the driver board.
I've been assuming the problem lies somewhere in the coindoor connectors, harness, etc. but when I unplug coin door, it doesn't change slam-tilt message, etc.

Has anyone else seen this before?

#4808 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Prism card issue. The ram on the card that is holds its data by the battery voltage is screwed

As you say it aloud, that makes good sense. Naturally, I don't have a spare nor can I find one for sale now that I need.

1 month later
#4911 2 years ago
Quoted from weasel671:

I'm looking at a refurbished computer for my RFM. It is set up for a led TV, but I want to use the CRT already in my game. Does anyone know where I can get the adapter I apparently need and how hard it is to install?
Thanks,
Ryan

Quoted from applejuice:

Everything I’ve done update wise up and til now has been done to make sure no one was left behind. Of course ditching original hardware and just making updates for pinbox etc would have been a lot less of a headache, but that would have caused much upset so I stuck with original compatibility.
Going forward I’m not sure what the best option is. I know I’m going to get alot of messages if I move away from stock prism cards.

I had planned to swap out the original computer/prism card but I REALLY want to leave the original CRT. Concerns over getting pinbox/nucore to support it properly is holding me back.

4 months later
#5082 2 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Are these the cables needed for updates?
Just got it and doing some upgrades.
[quoted image]

If your computer was made in the last 15 years, you may need a USB->serial cable. I also needed a M/F converter so the cable connected to the game's port inside the coin door.

1 year later
#6016 11 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Looks like my best bet is to find (or build) a really old laptop with COM ports and install Windows XP on it. Or, I could try to get it working on VirtualBox.

Get a usb-serial port cable

7 months later
#6430 4 months ago
Quoted from erikie:

I am working on a new one based on qemu. Applejuice is using that one now for debugging. It emulates the machine like it sho with features as the serial console working. But also the ability to use 8mb flash instead of only 4 at present. My original prism card is also upgraded to 8mb however pinbox / nucore cannot be upgraded. DCS is really working so in theory it is possible to add sounds. (I know this should be possible no time yet to work on it). Network support is 90% working.
And it runs on very smooth and fast.
So there are other options beside pinbox …

Please, please, a version of this that supports output to CRT.

#6432 4 months ago
Quoted from erikie:

that is not a thing I can control.

I understand it's (primarily) a matter of linux os display setup and not the emulator itself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reznnate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=reznnate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.