IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (5 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (5 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider p1nhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3336 4 years ago

I was directed to post here to get some opinions. If some members would not mind, could you pop over and check out my thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-test-report-errors#post-5297466

I have my machine 100% now but there a few unanswered questions and opinions I was hoping to get. Thanks!

#3340 4 years ago
Quoted from Fliptronic:

Anyone w/ a Nucore system been able to success apply the new SW updates if so - how did you do it? I have the wiring loom, shaker, knocker and can't wait to try midnight madness - any tips on how to manage?
Appreciate the help and step by step instructions greatly apprecated

I am pretty certain you can update Nucore/pinbox just like you would a factory machine via serial rs232/null modem cable and a laptop. There is a port just to the left of the coin door when you open it. I'm not sure what the actual fupdate command you type in but if you Google RFM fupdate I bet you will find a post I this thread detailing everything.

Here is a YouTube link that might help you out:

#3349 4 years ago
Quoted from Fliptronic:

So to add a little bit more color to the post. Was running Nucore 2.25 up to this point and fully working - followed all the instructions to a tee, root access etc. removed and replaced the files in both instructions sets (both the youtube clip and pinballs instructions) but now machine gets caught in an endless loop the error screen captured above was inbetween the loop where essentially the Nucore bootup screen comes on then black screens to this. Which once again leads me to the question is anyone w/ Nucore running this update? I know that everyone is saying pinbox file structure is the same as Nucore but if that was the case then the udpate should have worked as I accessed all the files and replaced according. I believe most are using pinbox who have applied the update but would like to hear from someone using Nucore on if they had any issues. And thanks to all on this forum for the help.

From everything I have read, it really should just work. I would gather all requisite files again and checksum. If hashes for checksum are not known, have the creator generate them (MD5 works easily enough) with a tool like GTKHash - that way you can be certain there is no corruption in the files uploaded/downloaded/transferred.

1 week later
#3366 4 years ago
Quoted from thesav:

Hey Revengers, I'm having a small issue with my v2.10 machine (haven't had a chance to update to 2.20 yet) - When I go to Settings > Adjustments > High Scores & change the Default Champion or Default HSTD scores it doesn't seem to have any effect..
Anyone know how to change the default scores? I've done it on previous versions…
Thanks

You also need to reset hstd (reset all the scores to default) to have the updated values reflected.

#3372 4 years ago

I am planning on upgrading all the bulbs to LED (no color). Too many good BF deals to not make the jump. I was wondering if anyone can assist me in this?

Do I need to worry about strobing with the GI or other lights that dim on RFM? Like when the top GI (where the skill shot is) dims the whole area?

Are there any LED bulbs that still work with the test/diagnostics report?

Pop bumpers have regular bayonet style #44 in them, right?

By a quick count I see I need: 57 #44, 55 #555, 3 #906, and 4 #89. Is that the proper quantity? I know that the manual was dead wrong for rubber parts, don't want to put in an order again just to find out something was wrong in the manual for the lamp matrices.

I was planning on using 2smd frosted soft or warm white all around.

Thanks!

#3378 4 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

What the heck is MRS?

This is a post in error - he is referring to CFTBL.

#3379 4 years ago

The more I think about this, the less likely I am to do LEDs. There are some fun lighting effects that I will miss with LED - unless newer LED bulbs operate just like the incandescents.

Anyone know of a good place where I can order bulk 44/555?

#3387 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Nope, not a post error - you can look a few threads back in this forum to read more about the MRS'....our RFM's contain 3 unobtanium switches known as magnetic reed switches (MRS) - earlier this year I reproduced them to make them available to owners of pins that had them such as RFM....CV, CC, SWEP1, NBAFB, SC & NGG....as well as I had made a custom MRS to fit on the Creech whirlpool - this eliminates the Cherry switch on the bowl to allow for a contactless motion in the whirpool (i.e. more spins!)....so I'm back to making a new batch of common MRS' (not to be confused with the custom Creech one) in the event someone with an RFM needs one!

The more you know...

https://i1.pinside.com/7/ef/7efe1012c1cf8b2250aa3013dc081029b3ac53b7/resized/740/7efe1012c1cf8b2250aa3013dc081029b3ac53b7.jpg

That's a reference picture for the uninitiated. That being said, I am definitely interested in getting a backup set of these.

1 month later
#3462 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I'm not looking forward to fixing this...does anyone have a scan or picture of this area that they can send me? I think this is the insert I need-
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7166-2
[quoted image]

I'll send a pic along later today.

#3463 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I'm not looking forward to fixing this...does anyone have a scan or picture of this area that they can send me? I think this is the insert I need-
[quoted image]

IMG_20191230_130805__01 (resized).jpgIMG_20191230_130805__01 (resized).jpgIMG_20191230_131021__01 (resized).jpgIMG_20191230_131021__01 (resized).jpgIMG_20191230_130237__01 (resized).jpgIMG_20191230_130237__01 (resized).jpgIMG_20191230_131603__01 (resized).jpgIMG_20191230_131603__01 (resized).jpgIMG_20191230_131513__01 (resized).jpgIMG_20191230_131513__01 (resized).jpg
#3464 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

[quoted image]

Also, the insert appears to be the star type:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=Green+star+insert

#3465 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Just cleaning up the work station - thought I'd snap a pic...an original WMS MRS, an original DE MRS and an original M&M Creations MRS.......more to built again soon, I promise...[quoted image]

Any update on when the MRS reproduction will begin? I had no issue with mine until today - diverter would not trigger for about 15 games, then it is all back to normal. I am assuming this is because at least one of the MRS is on its way out (diverter triggers just fine in settings menu).

8 months later
#4095 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

anyone move an rfm in an acura MDX? not sure if both pieces will fit and would be meeting seller in the middle so dont want to stuck

I'm betting you will have to take the head off... bring some tools (hex/Allen key sets especially, I don't remember the proper size).

There are three (I think) cables that connect the head to the board located in the cabinet proper. You will have to disconnect these to get the head off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

7,500 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 85.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider p1nhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=p1nhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.