IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (6 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (6 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nosro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 9 years ago

Anyone have any leads on translites without going to Australia? Mine is cracked and brittle.

2 weeks later
#57 9 years ago

For anyone who hasn't yet installed the Ultimarc video amplifier and does not want to hack up their existing video cable, I found that getting the "VGA Breakout Cable" (http://www.ultimarc.com/store/section.php?xSec=11) simplifies the operation by providing a compatible Wells Gardner connector - just clip off the VGA end of the breakout cable, strip the wires, and connect to the video amplifier screw-down terminals.

For those who are lazy, like me, this reduced the whole operation down to 20 minutes whereas constructing a new monitor connector might have taken me more than 30 minutes alone.

None of this helps Ducksan owners, though.

#59 9 years ago

For anyone looking for a translite, I found that pbresource.com and user name "wellarmed" on Pinside have translites. I purchased mine from "wellarmed" and it looks great - big thanks!

#61 9 years ago

I installed a 6.5" car woofer and I am not wanting for any more bass. I am sure that an external sub would be even better, but I am more than happy with the result from an outlay of $15.

#63 9 years ago

I replaced all three speakers as follows: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-2000-speaker-upgrade

As one of the very few stereo sound pinball machines, I felt obligated to upgrade the speakers. For $35, the improvement was significant.

#66 9 years ago

Different strokes for different folks. I normally install LEDs in all my machines. But the light fading effects on RFM are so awesome with the most recent software that I actually ripped out the LEDs and reinstalled incandescent bulbs.

#74 9 years ago

Speaking of lighting, here's another quick and easy mod: replace the existing fluorescent bulb behind the translite with a warm-white bulb from your local hardware store (I purchased a Philips). You need a "T8" 18-inch tube.

The translite has lots of red and a warm white bulb makes the reds deeper in tone. You could also get a warming tube (http://www.pinballpal.com/warming/), but I think a warm white bulb gets 50% of the benefit with less hassle.

1 month later
#114 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Can anyone tell me the best rivet to place a new ramp flap on the bracket with? Old one had a split, new one ready to go, but not sure what size to use.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-18-rivet-help

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

So much better than AFM, how so?

I'm not saying I agree or disagree, but how about this: RFM has basically the same shot layout but with more humor, better graphics, more modes, better wizard, more player controls, and better sound. Whether that adds up to a superior package is up to the player to decide.

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

...the sounds are critical (and totally make the game).

I completely agree. For those with the means a full amplifier and speaker replacement is the way to go. For those with more limited budgets, at least replace the speakers for $35. I found the improvement to be substantial over the stock speakers that were clearly past their prime, which were never that good even in their prime.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-2000-speaker-upgrade

#143 9 years ago

AFM vs RFM is like pinball's equivalent of Camaro vs. Mustang.

1 month later
#234 9 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

Drop target fixed, switch just needed adjusted. That damn credit dot irks me though! I understand it is from the LEDs, I just wish there was a workaround.

Go back to incandescent bulbs. I did that and couldnt believe how much better the light show was. I normally LED most of my pins, but RFM was the first pin I owned where I yanked out every LED.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nosro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=nosro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.