VBATT to RAM (resized).png
VBATT on main board (resized).png
Battery holder daughter board (resized).png
RFM errors (resized).jpeg
IMG_4498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0396 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (4 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (4 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mountaingamer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2592 4 years ago

Anyone know of a drop in replacement cpu fan? It looks like amazon has fans, but they aren’t the metal frame with built in heat sync....

#2593 4 years ago

This is the old one

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2595 4 years ago

Hi Zitt - I saw that but I don’t have a 3D printer. It looks like my fan was replaced already so I went for a new fan and heatsink - $11 so no biggie. Also - I love your frosted poly drop target in my WOZ... it’s awsome!

#2602 4 years ago

I’ve been wanting to change out my original AT power supply for a while. Changing to a ATX seemed like the way to go, but I’ve been nervous about screwing something up. I thought the AT’s were out of production but stumbled on this listing on EBay... price seemed ok so I bought one. Will post my results when I get it next week... hope I don’t smoke my motherboard.

A20D5E80-0BDE-4217-A1BF-14D373D933C6 (resized).pngA20D5E80-0BDE-4217-A1BF-14D373D933C6 (resized).png
#2609 4 years ago

I’m no monitor guru, but have done cap kits on 3 crt’s and they work wonders. Your issue sounds like loose connections, cold solder joints or bad caps. Id try a cap kit and if that doesn’t fix it try reflowing everything else.

2 weeks later
#2680 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Applejuice,
Please contact me via PM. I have a contact which can have these made cheaply.
I'm happy to help out if you'd like.

That sounds awesome - cheap and stateside. I was gonna pm request the shaker loom but this makes sense if it can help drive down the cost or help applejuice more. I installed 2.1 on a original rfm last nite and love it!
Since things had to be removed from the official game code to make the changes - would it be possible to run additional code from a flash drive? I’m clueless but curious.

1 week later
#2717 4 years ago

Very cool applejuice! Any updates with the shaker / knocker loom production?

#2729 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

I didn't see it mentioned - sorry if I missed it....but if you are using an original P2K computer (haven't gone to Pinbox or Nucore) - which I understand can run Jim's 2.X software - what is the method... or is it that a PUB card is the only manner to upgrade an original P2K computer?

Here’s how I did it with a win10 64 bit machine with serial port, serial cable, and null modem:

Make a new folder: c:/p2k
Download fupdate from https://brianpeek.com/downloads/projects/fupdate.zip and extract to c:/p2k
Download v2.10 software update from mypinballs.com and extract it to c:/p2k
Power up RFM - just let it boot up normally - don’t use coin door buttons - just normal boot up, open coin door, connect null modem to port at coindoor, connect serial cable to null modem, and other end of serial cable to computer.
Run command prompt as administrator
Type: cd c:/p2k
Type: fupdate -fpin2000_50070_0210_ COM1
RFM should start updating!
Sit back and watch the progress bar till complete!

3 weeks later
#2834 4 years ago

What about speeding the the auto-plunge on ball save... it seems the delay is kinda long and the launch button doesn’t work at that point

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
7,500 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mountaingamer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=mountaingamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.