IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (6 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (6 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iEatHands.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1355 7 years ago

Just joined the club!

This pin is so much fun! The callouts crack me up every time and it's super cheesy which I love!

I've got the machine tuned up pretty good but there are a few questions I have.

1. I'm getting crazy airballs hitting the centre targets, anyway to fix this up?
2. My centre ramp flap doesn't sit flush with the playfield, any adjustment I can do to make it fit a little tighter?
3. 1/5 times the ball is bouncing back out of the centre ball trap i've seen people mention foam or padding being used to stop this, where should the foam go, i had a look at mine and there is no foam. What type of foam is best?
4. The pop pin which captures the ball during the cut scenes doesn't drop on it's own, typically needs a flip of a flipper and it drops and releases the ball, is this how it is meant to be? I played one on location and it had the same behaviour.

Cliffy protector for the SOL hole is on its way, mine is a little chewed up, other than that the play field is in awesome shape!

Thanks

#1364 7 years ago

Cheers everyone!

I checked the standups and the foam behind is there and seems nice and thick so I just adjusted them a little and it seems to have calmed down.

I'll need to investigate the skip ramp a little more, I'll take some pictures because to me it looks like it might not be 100% original... not sure though.. Does yours have what looks like a door hinge in there? The schematics of the skip ramp doesn't show the ramp itself or the fixings unfortunately..

#1369 7 years ago

Here is my skip ramp, other than the wrong coil.. which I've ordered a correct replacement does the rest of it look right?

IMG_6458 (resized).JPGIMG_6458 (resized).JPG

IMG_6460 (resized).JPGIMG_6460 (resized).JPG

#1377 7 years ago

Thought so.. haha ok parts ordered. Thanks

#1383 7 years ago

OK I need your help again

I replaced my skip ramp coil with the correct one, I'm waiting on the pinbits ramp cover and a new ramp bracket '04-12615' to arrive. So I took my ramp out to see what i'm in for and I've got no clue whether anything I'm looking at here is any good?? Whats with the hinge?

If I took the "Flap Assy Mounting Bracket 01-15140" off the POS welded to the skip ramp what do I need to attach the new skip ramp to the bracket?? I can't see any mention of other parts other than the ramp flap and the mounting bracket but I can't see how the flap is going to attach without another piece which I seem to be missing..

Any help is really appreciated! Thanks

IMG_6462 (resized).JPGIMG_6462 (resized).JPG

IMG_6463 (resized).JPGIMG_6463 (resized).JPG

IMG_6464 (resized).JPGIMG_6464 (resized).JPG

#1387 7 years ago

Thanks!

I think they also made their own ramp flap? The rivet holes are at the wrong end compared to my new one...

1 week later
#1417 7 years ago

I installed one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/CableMod-WideBeam-Magnetic-Strip-White/dp/B01N33SOW8/ref=sr_1_11

Just get a 4 pin molex to SATA power adapter if you've got the original PS.

I just removed the tube and stuck it to the tube holder and ran the power out of one of the PCI card slots. It has a very nice even light across the back glass.

#1419 7 years ago

My ballast was toast and 120v ballasts aren't easy to come by here in Australia so this was a pretty easy and cheap fix for what would have been an expensive task to keep original.

#1431 7 years ago

Thanks for all your help guys, I've received and replaced all my skip ramp parts. The only original parts are the main bracket, switch, plunger and playfield bracket.. lots of homemade bits and pieces in there...

I also bought and installed a Mantis scoop, it spits the ball out the same place every time! My only concern is the scoop has a much larger lip on the right side which the ball bashes, the original doesn't have this and allows the ball to hit the rubber behind. Anyone had one installed for a while and can report on the condition of this? Mine is already starting to get a little bashed in..

I also vacuumed the cab.. man I'm pretty sure it was all cigarette ash.. wow that smell when you got from a thin layer to a big wad in the vacuum... it was an Italian import..

2 months later
#1585 6 years ago

Quick question..

Does anyone have a solution to keep the Prism Card in its place, mine isn't dislodging but it is wriggling out enough it causes the game to reset until I re-seat the card.

Mine is missing what looks like was a chunk of foam on the PC case lid, I can replace that but does someone have a better solution?

#1597 6 years ago

I got a LED strip: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAA6P3S85944

And a ATA to SATA connector: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA50M2RC6977&cm_re=ata_to_sata-_-9SIA50M2RC6977-_-Product

plug it right into the PSU and you're done! Just stick the strip to the existing reflector or make something yourself.

The light distribution is perfect, no hot spots with the wide beam strip.

1 week later
#1612 6 years ago

Ok guys I need your help I think I fucked up..

I was getting some restarts due to what looked like some issue with my game code as some images were showing as static nonsense during gameplay which then caused the game to restart.

I thought it would be smart to try disable the update and re-enable it.. now I'm stuck on 0.1 code and can't re-enable my 1.5 code...

Anyone else dumb enough to do this and found a fix?

The game is unplayable now. It keeps triggering one of the coils and doesn't recognise when the balls drain.

Thanks

#1616 6 years ago

Does anyone know which kind of keyboard is compatible with Pin2K? Is it a PS/2 connector??

I think I'll try the command [fupdate enable] in the command shell before I try and track down a PUB card with the RFM update..

#1619 6 years ago
Quoted from Wizboy:

It is a AT keyboard socket.
I bought me an adaptor from AT to PS/2 and it works well.
Something else. What would you guys want to change in gamecode if you could do?

change the ball save time, it is way too generous at times and make ball save to be auto fire would be a good start.

#1624 6 years ago

just an update on my stupid issue..

I bought a PS/2 keyboard and a PS/2 to 5-pin AT adaptor.

Then I typed in the command FUPDATE ENABLE and after 15 seconds or so the command window disappeared and I rebooted the game.

Back up and running version 1.5 again! Never disable the update if you're downgrading to version 0.1 because you cannot enable to update again from the settings..

2 months later
2 weeks later
#1651 6 years ago

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and found a fix before I go down the NuCore2.0 route..

Machine turns on fine and plays fine for a game or 2 then the screen image goes all messed up and then the flippers stop working. The music keeps playing fine though.

I tried all the usual things like reseating the PRISM card and such.. The power supply seems fine and the CPU fan works fine.

My machine has always kinda had this issue but it'd typically crop up every few weeks and I'd just reseat the PRISM card and it'd be good again.. Now it happens about 2-3 games in everytime.

I've tried both PCI slots too.

Cheers

#1653 6 years ago

I got it "working" again. One of the caps near the CPU had some black stuff on the top. Probably the culprit eh.. Is that pretty typical?

#1656 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

But that said, if it is working well and stable - I'd probably leave well enough alone...and start working on a backup plan should it crap out again. I have a Pinbox ready to go in storage, myself.

Yea reading some stuff past few days while trying to figure this out.. I think it is just delaying the inevitable I've got Pinbox, might throw it on an old PC..

I just finished restoring everything and getting it looking really nice too...

2 weeks later
#1667 6 years ago

I'm getting someone to replace the caps on my board, it is exhibiting what looks like the usual signs of bad caps. It won't boot at all anymore with or without the PRISM card, one of the caps looks to have burst.

I'll let you know how it goes, I really like my RFM..

1 week later
#1672 6 years ago

So i had my caps all replaced but same issue. The game won't boot with the prism card and give the following blurry image which scans over the screen without the prism card..

Anyone have any other diagnosis tips to see what the problem might be?

Cheers!

File 24-10-17, 6 42 36 pm (resized).jpegFile 24-10-17, 6 42 36 pm (resized).jpeg

#1678 6 years ago

Would a bad monitor stop the game from booting though?

Is the light supposed to stay solid orange on the prism card, i can't remember?

Yes I had someone who repairs boards for a profession replace the caps, so i'm pretty confident it was done correctly.

#1684 6 years ago

I got to my wits end trying to get that POS PC to work.. Pinbox it is. It was fairly painless to get working, just need a new monitor and a way to output the sound.

#1693 6 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Use your old monitor with the Ultimarc VGA board (see my post above https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/34#post-4039263) and use a Lepai amp to connect the 1/8" out of the PC to your existing speakers.

I purchased the the amp, thanks.

My monitor colours are pretty screwed, looks like a strong magnet hit it at some point I think I'd prefer a new LCD screen.

I can't wait to get it completely back up and running.

I plugged in my headphones while waiting for the amp and the stereo sound is so awesome!

1 month later
#1778 6 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

When i turn My RFM on.
The translite lights Up and i hear the fan working. And the monitor is black/purpleish!
But the playfield is all black and i try to push the service buttons no sound no nothing.
What could be wrong?
It worked fine last time i played it 2 days ago.

you could try to re-seat the Prism card into the Motherboard.

2 weeks later
#1796 6 years ago

Finally brought my game back to life! Pinbox to the rescue! Would have been nice to just get a nucore system and support the guys who originally helped out people with dead machines but they're not available anymore.

I have to say though it is a huge improvement with the LCD and 2.1 amp!

Just need a 110v PSU for the PC so I can run it off the machines power switch.

#1813 6 years ago
Quoted from arakissun:

There is always individual method for mounting LCD.It's not hard work,but you must know that may need to do some cut at the corners of the wood to fit it,because usually LCD monitors even 19"(square 4:3) are little bit more big than original CRT.

True, mine sat perfectly in the little nooks in each corner of the original opening. I just closed the gaps on the top/bottom/sides with some wood which I painted black which also acts to hold the monitor in its place securely too!

I'm using a Dell 19" 4:3 monitor which replicates the original size quite well.

2 weeks later
#1843 6 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I would never put an LCD in an RFM.

Some people don't have a choice. The difference between a useless P2K and a working P2K can just be a LCD monitor, who's going to sit there with a broken pin just because it isn't running a CRT?

1 week later
#1897 6 years ago
Quoted from APOLLO_13:

» YouTube video
i put this up on youtube

Try booting the computer without the prism card inserted. If the pc doesn't boot then it is your motherboard, otherwise if it does you need to try reseating your prism card.

1 year later
#3472 4 years ago

Just got my RFM up and running agin after my last Pinbox PC build bit the dust.

Went for something more ready made this time, I can recommend a Dell Optiplex 780 which can be picked up very cheap these days as a great plug and play option. Make sure you get the Small form factor (SFF) as it is a good size to just slot in and has the parallel port. It runs very smooth!

Plus loaded up the new 2.20 code while I was building the Pinbox and its awesome! I've made my donation towards further code updates

Also if people are thinking about building a Pinbox machine, this post helped! http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=159188.0 made getting it up and running really quick.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 85.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iEatHands.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=iEatHands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.