IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (5 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (5 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hAbO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#957 7 years ago

Does anyone know who sells mirror blades for Pinball 2K's?

Thanks,
Mike

3 months later
#1088 7 years ago

I'm surprised no one has done a back box led lighting mod for Pin2k games. Mmmm...

1 week later
#1098 7 years ago

I just picked up side mirrors for my Pin2K machine from https://pinballsidemirrors.com/ and I must say that the quality is really nice. Very sturdy thickness and fit perfectly. Actually, they kind of just sit in place although I added screws to keep them there while putting the playfield back. Thanks to who ever recommended them as I'm really happy with how they look.

#1100 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Happy to hear you like them, I was the one that asked them to make them and I got the first pair and I just love them. They are BIG mothers aren't they.

Big Mothers is an understatement! I was expecting something flimsy and cheap but on the contrary. Very well made and worth the little extra. Thanks for the recommendation Paul.

#1104 7 years ago

Here are a few pics of my SWE1 with mirror blades. Just installed the LED kit from Cointaker as well. I had the SWE1 kit for a while and thought I'd pimp it out a bit after swapping it. So much more potential for the game if they were allowed more access to the movie.

IMG_1556 (resized).JPGIMG_1556 (resized).JPG

IMG_1550 (resized).JPGIMG_1550 (resized).JPG

IMG_1555 (resized).JPGIMG_1555 (resized).JPG

IMG_1552 (resized).JPGIMG_1552 (resized).JPG

IMG_1557 (resized).JPGIMG_1557 (resized).JPG

6 months later
#1392 7 years ago

This may have been posted before but who has upgrade cards so you don't have to use a pc to update the code? I can do the update manually but this may be easier down the road.

Thanks,
Mike

1 month later
#1482 6 years ago

Man - those cab decals make me want to re-do mine - looks great!

I have some wrinkling on the legs and there was a small scrap from shipping.

#1484 6 years ago

That's next up on the list then Stern esk leg protectors.

1 month later
#1589 6 years ago

Hey guys,

Does anyone else have the problem of this bulb getting broken? I'd find pieces of a broken bulb on the playfield and finally figured out that this is the culprit. It looks like its in a horrible place to begin with and is only protected by a rubber. I thought of getting or making a piece of plexi to protect it from getting destroyed. Is there something missing from this area that should be there?

I borrowed aerobert's photo to illustrate.

Thanks,
Mike

63a6a747c336df6b86629934f53534747924e175 (resized).jpg63a6a747c336df6b86629934f53534747924e175 (resized).jpg

#1591 6 years ago

Yes, as far as I know.

#1603 6 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

So I just got a SWE1 conversion kit for my RFM. Having both playfields seems to be popular.
How is everyone storing the playfield while not in use? Is anyone storing it standing up?

I live in a townhome so space is tight in the basement/barcade I've wrapped my RFM or SWE1 (depending what is not being used) in shrink wrap and standing vertically. Its actually on a card table snuggly in a corner off the ground. The shrink wrap should keep most dust out.

Such a great modular design and ahead of its time.

#1607 6 years ago

Nothing special. The side that leans - leans back towards a wall. It sits out of the way from everything.

2 years later
#3192 4 years ago

Does anyone have issues with the lamp in this area getting broken? The ball hits the rubber and the lamp.

#3194 4 years ago

Thanks! I didn't think of that...duh

8 months later
#3828 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I found another complete set of new original RFM playfield plastics. this is a complete set except for any of the promo items (11 key chains).
$80 plus shipping.
all pieces still have the protective plastic on them and the set also includes an additional set of slings and inlane plastics
[quoted image]

That's a deal right here for anyone needing plastics.

1 year later
#4737 2 years ago

Does anyone have a lenticular RFM translite they would like to sell?

3 months later
#4971 2 years ago

Do they still make the 3D translite anymore?

#4975 2 years ago

Maybe they didnt sell well. Theres 1 RFM translite in stock and its NOS.

#4977 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Oh. they sold well. very well based upon conversations.
The original thread has some late discussions about Rick leaving them with a bunch of unfinished projects because he stopped "approving" the work.

Thanks for the info. That sucks and money left on the table.

The one in my cab cracked slightly because of age. I purchased another used one and it arrived the same way. I thought a newer rerpro or 3D would be the way to go but I guess I'll have to wait.

2 months later
#5053 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Gutted and upset to hear about lyman . He was a true inspiration to me and is one of the main reasons why I started coding pinball games and IS the benchmark to compare to
To work on updates for rfm and other games means even more to me now especially when you see how he wrote stuff. Legend, will never be forgotten ❤️❤️

Is it possible to add a dedication in the attract with a RIP? That would be cool.

2 months later
#5234 2 years ago

Mine just sits on top and has been fine for years. I'm not a big pinball nudger so its not been a problem. Sometimes the cow gets tipped over (no pun) but that's it.

#5244 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

What did you do to set it on top? I imagine I need to create a platform for it to sit on that’s level.

Nothing really. The top of the machine has enough of a ledge. I guess you could get some “museum” paste or adhesive. Its used to secure items on a shelf. It’s not permanent and is sold in Amazon or Michael’s.

2 weeks later
#5272 1 year ago
Quoted from Only68s:

I'm looking for 2 RFM translites for some projects that i recently picked up. If you have a used one you would sell please let me know.

I've been looking for one for a while also. I bought a used one but being over 20 years old and brittle from age it was mangled during shipping. I wish they would reproduce these or 3d ones again.

1 month later
#5378 1 year ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

All done, topped off with new playfield glass.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Your RFM looks amazing. Whats your process for prepping the cabinet for decals? I’m considering redoing mine later this year.

#5380 1 year ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

The worst part was getting all the old glue off from the decals someone before me put on. I tried goo gone, heat gun, and other methods I found on Pinside. What ended up working for me was leaving the cab in the yard in the sunlight. First side took me 4 hours the second took 1 hour. I sanded and filled any areas with regular spackle. Sand, fill and repeat till the filled area were close. Then primed and repeat with sanding then I spray painted the whole cab gloss black then a few coats of clear. I let the pin sit for a couple days between final coats. The front of the pin is not the full decal as in other decal kits so this gives you an idea of how it looked complete painted. The sides I didn't clear as it was smooth enough with just paint and it was going to be covered with the new decals anyway.
[quoted image]

Damn! Nice work! Thanks for sharing!

1 week later
#5389 1 year ago

I'd love to see Applejuice take on SWE1 and give it the same treatment as RFM. Maybe theres a way to tone down Jar Jar along the way also.

7 months later
#5789 1 year ago
Quoted from DCrosby:

So Nucore works on a light version of Kubuntu 18.04 LTS, which is no longer supported as far as security updates, which may or may not matter to you, I guess if you try and go online (Global Scores) with it, it may cause issues, but I've not been able to get that to work with a replacement PC, as most of the internal software requires the network setup to be done through the coin-door-service-menu.
Pinbox is even older, on Kubuntu (LXDE) 10.04, which again doesn't matter unless you plan on putting it online, due to possible security vulnerabilities.
(Which are all kind of mute, as you're not browsing on the thing, and I presume you're behind some kind of firewall / router that would keep people from searching for a box with those kinds of vulnerabilities) I just want to make sure that people understand the "Risks Involved"
I've seen both work, and both being stubborn to install or configure, getting roms to load, or update to the Applesauce / MyPinballs builds, it's a matter of working the issues, and persistence. If Linux / Kubuntu isn't your headspace, or you've never heard of it, then I would say engage with someone who has, as there are configurations to deal with permissions to folder structures, and screen saver / mouse cursor issues to be resolved. All on a 12 Year old or 4 Year old Operating system, and whatever vintage your PC is, as I have not seen usb to parallel port adapters work, I tried 2-3 and I gave up and got a decent Pentium Duo since it had plenty of horsepower with 2 cores, and a parallel port.
On the plus side you get something that has plentiful spare parts, is repairable/replaceable, and has a built-in juke box, and other nifty features like playfield swaps, and auto detection (RFM EP1), that make it more versatile.
P.S. I was recently able to update to 2.50 on my rig, (Pinbox) so it's possible, I did forget to delete the update.bin, which I had to re-reference the FAQ from Applesauce for and then it worked and I kept my old scores and everything from 2.23

Configuring a PC to work with an old Nucore/Pinbox sounds daunting even if you are semi computer savvy. It was nice to know you could buy a new up to date PC running Nucore at Pinball Life if you needed or wanted one. This was before Planetary Pinball renegotiated their deal to no end. It didn't help that Pinbox was a blatant rip off of Nucore
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nucore-alternative-announced-1

1 week later
#5791 1 year ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Ok.
Who has installed cliffys?
I can do the one at ball eject into shooter lane no problem...
But SOL hole... I'm not sure how to get the post just behind to the left off. Never torn down the whole topside.

Underneath the playfield that post should have a nut to unscrew. Im not sure of the size nut-driver. Once removed the post can be removed by tapping it out with a screwdriver. I cant remember if I took the top plastic off or not while installing. You can do it. Its not too difficult.

2 months later
#5935 1 year ago

Looking for a right ramp and lockdown bar if anyone has them.
Thanks

1 week later
#5960 1 year ago

That’s a rare bird right there and at a great price!

#5967 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Yes, but don't forget that you will either need Nucore to make it work in a SWEP1 cabinet or you will have to find a prism card with the ROMs to make it work, or only the ROMs but you will need to flash your computer each and every time you swap games, which is equal to a head ache........

Agree, but I was just assuming most people arent running Nucore/Pinbox. If its a true kit it will have the ROMs included to populate the daughter card. The prism card should already be in the PC with SWEP1. Its just rare to see a RFM available as I've only seen a handful in past 20 years

1 month later
#6062 11 months ago
Quoted from NYP:

In an attempt at saving myself hours of research, may I be so bold as to ask, what is the consensus on the best LED set up on RFM? Just switched? Just GI ? Warm? Sunny? Bright White? Non ghosting?

Im doing incandescent for RFM but did LED for SWE1. SWE1 doesnt have the same dimming effects a RFM.

#6065 11 months ago
Quoted from NYP:

Assuming you mean dimming effects on GI? Any problems just doing switched in LED’s? I’m aware of the lamp test errors.

Its the dimming effects that RFM does which LED's have a difficult time with. I've seen some vids where its horrible and others where its working pretty well. Maybe a brand of LED's? I just didnt wanted to mess around with it too much.

2 weeks later
#6108 10 months ago

Smack dab in a resto and I love the art and colors. This title and BSD’s seem to always need more TLC.

IMG_2738.jpegIMG_2738.jpeg
#6115 10 months ago

I assume one of the chips on the PRISM card is responsible for DCS?

Quoted from dEviant:

What worked for me when reseating the prism card did not, was to reseat all the ROMs on the prism card itself. I also used stabilant 22 contact enhancer on the ROMs

Had to look this up. This is good tip to know - Thanks!

3 weeks later
#6127 9 months ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Try to connect using the update manager and see if it will connect from this screen. If so rerun the update. (I have new update software that runs on windows 10 and mac see here: -> https://www.mypinballs.com/software/pinball2000/software_updater.jsp)
If this doesn't work, plug a serial keyboard in and see if the command line window opens.
If it does, type fupdate disable and press enter. This should allow the game to run form the rom card only and then you can try an update again. Beware though that you don't have rfm roms v0.1 otherwise turning off the update leaves you in a sticky posn.
Alternatively, send me the prism card (uk) and i will sort out it out here and update it for you

I have Windows 10 64bit but when trying to open the executiable for your update software it bombs out. Ive tried it on my PC and Laptop - disabling my antivirus, running in compatibility mode and as admin. You have 32bit but not 64bit listed on the site - not sure if thats a biggy? Below is the error I get.
PB2K Updater Error.pngPB2K Updater Error.png

3 weeks later
#6146 8 months ago
Quoted from applejuice:I have both for windows. the one listed just as Windows is for windows 10 64 bit. The 32bit version is not recommended and just for people stuck with windows 7.

I have to get glasses as Im running Windows 11. Any chance of you updating for 11? Thanks applejuice

1 month later
#6167 7 months ago

Hey applejuice

Any chance of updating your code to work on Win11? Asking for a friend

#6170 7 months ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Are you meaning the updater program, because it should still work. If not please remind me what the issue was. I do need to make a new update to address some later macosx changes so i will sort this out to if needed.
Regards,

My post on the previous page has a pic of the error I get on every Win11 PC I try to install. I posted I had 10 but after putting on my readers it’s 11.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/123#post-7662761

#6173 7 months ago
Quoted from erikie:

Maybe a stupid question but do you have a serial Port in the computer / laptop you have tried the software on?

Yes. I have a couple null modem cables to try on the laptop. Every install I get this exception error. Multiple PCs. It looked like with Win11 there may have been enough change that it’s screwing the updater.

#6174 7 months ago
Quoted from applejuice:

This is usually a permissions issue. Check if the applications pinball2000 folder was successfully created in your user/documents folder as per the instructions. If so send me the log file out of this

I’ll recheck the permissions.

1 week later
#6180 7 months ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

It's an Easter egg...there's a flipper code to show it.

Star Wars Episode 1
In Attract mode, press the following sequence: B, 24R, 1L, 9R, 1L, 14R, 1L, 1R, 1L
In Attract mode, press the following sequence: B, 1R, 1L, 2R, 1L, 3R, 1L, 1L

Revenge From Mars
In Attract mode, press the following sequence: B, 1R, 1L, 2R, 1L, 3R, 1L, 1L

Explanation:
xL: press left flipper button x times.
xR: press right flipper button x times.
xS: press start button x times.
B: press both flipperbuttons.

1 month later
#6251 5 months ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

It’s much harder to remove the caps and clear out the holes on the motherboard. You need good desoldering equipment, and even then I wouldn’t recommend a novice attempt it.

You can add a little solder to something you want to remove. This actually makes it easier to de-solder everything. Recapping a monitor is easier compared to the motherboard.

The Motherboard traces are smaller and if you have a your soldering gun to hot you can lift the traces. If you don't think you can replace the send it to Borygard aka Rob Anthony at Pinball Classics http://LockWhenLit.com

#6270 5 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Do these improved panels ever reach the same level of blackness as the CRT? I see some people say the LCD has better resolution, but if that blackness isn't there that won't really matter for the hologram effect, I wouldn't imagine.

Some are pretty decent but nothing beats the contrast level of a tube.

#6286 5 months ago

This is why you try to repair the chassis and save the monitor in these games if possible.

2 months later
#6475 3 months ago

My skip ramp pops up once the game powers up. I’m out of ideas on what could be causing it. Ive replaced Q41 up and Q42 hold Fets. Replaced the coil and switch. Any ideas on what to check next?

#6477 3 months ago
Quoted from GILV:

Looks like a transister is out, is Q41 and Q42 transitors?
Does it stay up on test mod as well?

I replaced them. They’re fet transistors.

2 months later
#6617 48 days ago

Does anyone know the size of the cam used on the ltranslite lock???

1 month later
#6689 18 days ago

The spinning saucers were offered by Pindecals but he haven't had them in stock for long time.
https://www.pinballdecals.com/RFM_RotatingSaucerPage.html

There were a few pinheads that did their own versions.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15KTvfMyrrocIQlTCzodlsjBkkz90yzhu/view?usp=drive_link
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-rfm-spinning-ufos
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-afm-spinning-saucers

2 choices for lighting the saucers with LEDS.
https://www.ufopinball.com/
https://mypinballs.com/electronics/store.jsp

I could not find a vendor for replacing the flat grey saucer plastic (even Planetary Pinball). Only the chrome ones are available at PinballLife.
https://www.pinballlife.com/revenge-from-mars-chrome-flying-saucer.html

Hope this helps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hAbO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=hAbO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.