IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (5 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (5 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gcs2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2473 5 years ago

So I am considering picking up an RFM (had one years ago with the SW conversion kit). I am (like most I guess) really concerned about hardware failure and being stuck with a dead paperweight.

Nucore doesn't exist anymore and pinbox would be impossible for me to set up based on what I have read and its not something you can "buy off the shelf".

We would want the SW kit as well (which is why pinbox would be great for an easier swap out) but they seem pretty scarce as well.

In addition I don't anyone has ever replicated pin2000 glass either - have they?

LMK you guys thoughts

TIA

Greg

#2476 5 years ago
Quoted from heme:

you can still buy all the parts to make a pinbox computer and yes PPS is making glass, they sell it on their website.

Ok but with the reading I have done over the last hour or so I have yet to find a list of what exactly to buy what to download and how to install and set it up. I guess I am not that great an internet sleuth. I’m sure it’s out there but no idea what to do to make it happen.

1 week later
#2511 5 years ago

Figured posting here was as good as any - do any of the SWEP1 kits exist out there any more and if so what can someone expect to pay for one?

Would like to get this combo back in the house as we enjoyed it quite a bit before but finding kits seems nearly impossible.

#2515 5 years ago

Thanks everyone guess I have to keep my eyes open and then ultimately decide if SWEP1 is worth 15-1700 to go along with acquiring an RFM.

#2517 5 years ago

Well we had both games before (RFM and SWEP1 kit) and we liked both games albeit RFM a lot more. Fortunately we had all the items for a straight swap no moving roms etc so it was easier but not a 10 min process of course. We do like the idea of 2 games for the space of 1 though which is partly why we had it in the first place. I'll have to keep my eyes open and decide what its all worth for our small collection (4 pin room)

#2521 5 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

gcs2000 come play our RFM at The Richmond Pinball Collective in the meantime

I have been meaning to get there for I don't know how long. I really need to stop by some time.

4 years later
#6481 3 months ago

So if one wanted to get an RFM/SWEP1 combo back in their lineup what would be the best way to go about it as well as keep it as an easy swap out (swapping out prism cards and the like was a huge PITA back when I had this set up before)

It sounds as though many of you are using your own PC hardware with ubuntu running and then there is software to be installed.

Does anyone sell a complete image and is there a list of proper hardware to get?

This assumes of course that I have the full cabinet/game and corresponding extra game PF as well.

#6484 3 months ago
Quoted from GILV:

I'll answer the part I understand: I find that the best way to go is to have a complete computer for each game, which makes it easier to swap from one game to another in 5 minutes, you can only buy the prism card and swap those as well but it'll be a little longer to swap and I would be worried about wear at the gold connectors , eventually......
That's what I do and it's by far (other than Nucore) the easiest way to swap from one game to another.

Makes sense and yes swapping cards etc back when I had this combo before was absolute PITA!

Looking around (and going back history wise) it looks like there is no "RFM Kit" only SWEP1 was available as the kit - is that right?

So is my best/only chance this late in the game is to buy both RFM/SWEP1 full games in cabs then part out one or the other (whichever has the best cabinet, keep) in order to have the full playfield and PC to swap in and out?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

7,500 (OBO)
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gcs2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=gcs2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.