IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (6 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (6 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (6 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider g35r6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4949 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

I’m a fan of all of this convo going on. I can’t follow any of it, but I like it!!! Haha

I agree with this 100%!
I recently picked up a HUO RFM from the original owner in original condition. I'm terrified of upgrading anything and don't know what I'll do if I go to turn it on someday and it doesn't boot up. I doubt I'll ever update anything unless it's broken.

You might as well be writing this in Chinese - but I love it.

#4957 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Haha - I just know I will buy and update whatever applejuice comes up with. The work is phenomenal even though to date I’ve only upgraded the software. Remedying that soon, getting ready to buy the 6-ball mod and shaker

I would love to upgrade all this stuff - I'm just afraid that I'll screw something up and then be left there scratching my head, or worse, ruining an internal part that can't be replaced.

Earlier this year I upgraded the ROM in my Road Show to the latest code - pull out correct chip, replace with new chip. I thought I was THE MAN!

2 years later
#6682 25 days ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I really dont understand why you could connect but not update unless there was some pinball 2000 specific issue with updating from earlier version than 1.5. the update process is the same on the update programs because the system itself will only allow 1 way to do it and it has to checksum verify each packet as i mentioned.
I use apple macs myself hence the desire to offer mac support in the first place. I have an apple M2 macbook but that is on Montery currently. I'm gonna try it on my daughters laptop which is on Sonama so i can see what happens myself.
I really am not sure what else i can do, I also feel like i gonna have to write some sort of big disclaimer to stop complaints about being charged for items that take time to get working or don't work straight off automatically when we are trying to upgrade old vintage games here... , as i really don't enjoy emails asking for refunds and money off/credits after all the effort i put into these updates.
And also 99% of people when they do work perfectly first time never say a thing, i only see messages or posts when things dont work...

Well, I for one totally appreciate, and am amazed, at what you’ve done for this game and the effort you’ve put into this. Your vast knowledge is remarkable.
I also say this as someone who couldn’t be more opposite than you and is too chickenshit to try this on my own game. I really want to. I just have no clue what a prism card is, what kind of monitor I have, what cord goes where, wait, I need a laptop? And, what do I do when it doesn’t go as planned?
I live your version of this game vicariously through all of the other smart and brave people in this thread.
I’ve been married 25 years and my wife has set up every computer and performed every update/upgrade we’ve ever needed. Unfortunately pinball is not her thing so unless it can be done in fifteen minutes, I can’t really task her with it.
Again, awesome dedication. One of these days I’ll really try to learn how to do this on my game.

Hopefully I don’t end up with a large paperweight.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider g35r6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=g35r6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.