IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (6 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (6 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (6 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eddie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#134 9 years ago

One mod that everyone forgot to mention is a Glare guard. Its probably the most cost effective (CHEAP) mod that will enhance the gameplay dramatically because it really allows you to see the ball.

Glare Far shot.jpgGlare Far shot.jpg Glare Gone far shot.jpgGlare Gone far shot.jpg Glare Guard.jpgGlare Guard.jpg Glare guard Front .jpgGlare guard Front .jpg Glare on RFM.jpgGlare on RFM.jpg
8 months later
#499 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

We need some 3D buildings in the back like the original concept drawing had

935500325_ed2dcf025c_n.jpg

I installed the Martian Ambassador in that spot and he looks real good and is not overbearing.

Martian addition.jpgMartian addition.jpg

During gameplay with glass on you can just make him out

Martian behind 3d saucer.jpgMartian behind 3d saucer.jpg

#505 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That looks really good. Would a spot light with a single led light him up a little better and not be overpowering?

I didn't want him to be a distraction from the screen animations thats why I didn't light him but that is my preference.

Maybe with a colored Led it could work well.

Depending on whats on the screen at the time determines how much you can see him.

If you look for him you can clearly see him, he just doesnt jump out at you which I like.

He is from the Mars Attacks figures but he still goes with the machine color wise, a perfect fit.

#506 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Look what I found on my doorstep... Well, I think this will look great in RFM
red_bolt_rfm.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

You do understand that lightning flippers are 1/8th shorter than standard flippers and they will affect gameplay?

Just thought I would mention it in case you were not aware.

2 months later
#668 8 years ago

Something not addressed in the CRT/LCD debate is the fact that the animations were drawn to compensate for the curvature of the CRT face.

Therefore on the flat LCD screen they do not appear as they were intended to on the playfield.

One more point is that the CRT Black Level is far superior to LCD screen unless you have a failing monitor or tube.

The black level is what MFGs have been pulling their hair out trying to resolve to match CRTs.

Up to this point its the big elephant and the LCD Golden Egg once the solution is cracked.

Google the subject.

1 year later
#1614 6 years ago

For those interested in doing the Martian Eyes Mod for RFM or AFM here are my instructions. Of course there are many ways to do the mod this is just how I did it.

RFM Eyes 1 (resized).jpgRFM Eyes 1 (resized).jpg

RFM eyes 2 (resized).jpgRFM eyes 2 (resized).jpg

4 months later
#1694 6 years ago
Quoted from Wizboy:

Some unused big o beam animals:

Where did they come from?

5 years later
#6035 11 months ago

Just installed the ultimarc video amp in a Ducksan Monitor and am having issues.

First let me point out that I have installed many Video amps in Wells Gardner Monitors without issue.

The amp appears to be working as the images are all bright as the amp is intended to do.

However I now have jumping images, the convergence is off, the screen is not really in focus and I can now see that the entire image is tilted.

Are these cap issues or neck adjustment issues? Is there something in the Amp connection that could cause this?

In game play the images are bright but a little out of focus not much and the screen is horizontally stretched sometimes at top sometimes in the middle.

IMG_5348 (resized).jpegIMG_5348 (resized).jpegIMG_5349 (resized).jpegIMG_5349 (resized).jpegIMG_5350 (resized).jpegIMG_5350 (resized).jpegIMG_5351 (resized).jpegIMG_5351 (resized).jpegIMG_5352 (resized).jpegIMG_5352 (resized).jpegIMG_5353 (resized).jpegIMG_5353 (resized).jpegIMG_5354 (resized).jpegIMG_5354 (resized).jpegIMG_5355 (resized).jpegIMG_5355 (resized).jpegIMG_5356 (resized).jpegIMG_5356 (resized).jpegIMG_5357 (resized).jpegIMG_5357 (resized).jpeg
#6041 11 months ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Have you adjusted the actual monitor's pots like the flyback focus and remote board horizontal hold? You often have to adjust these after making changes or just over time as things age.

Yes I have tried that as well as the Brightness and Contrast to no avail.

I will make a video to show the screen jumping in areas and the horizontal deflection in areas.

What is odd is that the jumping happens only in certain screens.

The slight blurryness can be minimalized by turning down the brightness but only to a point. In doing so the screen becomes so dark that it cancels out the installation of the video amp.

#6046 11 months ago

Rechecked all of the connections and they are solid!

Reworked the Control PCB and installed the jumper to replace R4 as per the Ducksan info on the topic.

Now by using the Control PCB H-Posi the Menu windows are clear.

Note however that the digits in the time and the PM are crooked.

Entering any test in the diagnostics menu Brings up the crazy crooked images.

The jumping remains in the game.

I did manage to get the flyback to focus just a hair better but not much.

So the take is, rechecking and tightening the wires at the video amp did nothing.

Reworking and cleaning the Control PCB allowed the Diagnostics window to be stable and readable thats about it.

Cap kit is on the way.

I did try flexing all video cables and connections to see if the screen would be altered but it had no effect so the connections do appear to be very good.

I banged on the head to see if maybe something on a video board was loose and or shorting and nothing on the screen changed.

This is a first having working on a monitor and it figures its a ducsan LOL

IMG_5369 (resized).jpegIMG_5369 (resized).jpegIMG_5370 (resized).jpegIMG_5370 (resized).jpegIMG_5371 (resized).jpegIMG_5371 (resized).jpegIMG_5374 (resized).jpegIMG_5374 (resized).jpegIMG_5375 (resized).jpegIMG_5375 (resized).jpegIMG_5376 (resized).jpegIMG_5376 (resized).jpegIMG_5377 (resized).jpegIMG_5377 (resized).jpegIMG_5378 (resized).jpegIMG_5378 (resized).jpegIMG_5379 (resized).jpegIMG_5379 (resized).jpegIMG_5380 (resized).jpegIMG_5380 (resized).jpeg
#6048 11 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Examine every solder connections everywhere in that monitor. This screams cold solder joint.
If youre 100% sure the monitor worked without the video amp, remove it and re-verify.
Unless there is a mfg defect with the video amp... I cant explain the behavior. The amp shouldn't cause the problem you're indicating by itself

Yes once I get the caps I will completely Clean and rework the boards

I wanted to remove the amp to see if it has an issue but like a dope I cut the original cable to install the amp. Looking for a stock cable.

3 months later
#6155 8 months ago
Quoted from Eddie:

Rechecked all of the connections and they are solid!
Reworked the Control PCB and installed the jumper to replace R4 as per the Ducksan info on the topic.
Now by using the Control PCB H-Posi the Menu windows are clear.
Note however that the digits in the time and the PM are crooked.
Entering any test in the diagnostics menu Brings up the crazy crooked images.
The jumping remains in the game.
I did manage to get the flyback to focus just a hair better but not much.
So the take is, rechecking and tightening the wires at the video amp did nothing.
Reworking and cleaning the Control PCB allowed the Diagnostics window to be stable and readable thats about it.
Cap kit is on the way.
I did try flexing all video cables and connections to see if the screen would be altered but it had no effect so the connections do appear to be very good.
I banged on the head to see if maybe something on a video board was loose and or shorting and nothing on the screen changed.
This is a first having working on a monitor and it figures its a ducsan LOL[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just installed a cap kit and made a new Video cable.

All connections are perfect and were tested for continuity.

I forgot to answer a previous question about the Cutting the trace on the Ultimarc board when connecting to a Ducksan Monitor.. Yes I had done that during the initial installation.

The issue remains does anyone have any other ideas to try? Thanks.

#6157 8 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Is the yoke loose on the tube? Wondering if you gave a loose yoke which went out of alignment when you worked on it.

The Yoke is tight. The video issue began with the installation of the video amp before I had done any work on the monitor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eddie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=eddie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.