IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (5 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (5 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cabuford.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1422 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I just cut a piece of foam board to fit, secured with velcro and attached strips of LED's. Got a simple LED dimmer to dial back the brightness right where I like it.

I did the same thing with color changing LEDs and a 1/8" piece of plywood (on a SWEP1 but it still applies )

#1438 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

I dig it.
Is it just wrapped around the back? Can you show a picture of the back and where you have it plugged in? Thanks

There are "Zitrades 10PCS LED 5050 RGB Strip Light Connector 4 Conductor 10 mm Wide Strip to Strip Jumper" at each end. They are just folder around the back, do a U-turn (where they are attached) and come back around to the front.

My computer (original) has an IEC power pass through, so I just used a male IEC to female IEC to power the 120v power supply that came with the LED kit, which is just tucked behind the plywood. I removed the flourescent transformer for a bit more space so the board fits it right. It's easily unplugged and unscrewed without any permanent modification.

There is a small hole in the middle of the board where i stuck the IR sensor through so I can use the remote to change the color or brightness with the backglass on.

7 months later
#1676 6 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

So i had my caps all replaced but same issue. The game won't boot with the prism card and give the following blurry image which scans over the screen without the prism card..
Anyone have any other diagnosis tips to see what the problem might be?
Cheers!

Try hooking up a VGA monitor. I think the PRISM card its what tells it to output CGA. I've booted my machine to a regular VGA monitor without the PRISM card and you'll get an info text screen (which is what I think your monitor is trying to display)

#1679 6 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Would a bad monitor stop the game from booting though?

If you boot the CPU without a PRISM card, you need a regular computer monitor (VGA) and you should see a screen like the image below. The PRISM card is the "hard drive" of the system, and also tells the video card to output CGA, which is only compatible with specific CRT monitors, like the one in the cabinet.

IMG_8296 (resized).JPGIMG_8296 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#1807 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

how hard is it to find a drop in RFM playfield? Have a very nice SWE1 and tempted to just add RFM to it....What else is needed besides the pf?

From what I understand you'd need the prism card with the game ROMs for the computer, or you need to be running a nucore/pinbox system with both game roms.

I have a SWEP1 as well, seems like finding just the RFM playfield/card is rare. From what I've read they never sold that as a stand alone kit, just the SWEP1, and RFM seems to be the more popular game as well.

4 weeks later
1 week later
#1918 6 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

I know it's a little off topic but still somewhat related - has there ever been an interest in a Star Wars: Episode I thread, or is this pretty much the de facto Pinball 2000 club thread?

I've been thinking the same thing. I only follow this thread for Pin2k related stuff. I own a SWEP1. I don't think it gets a lot of love from the community, maybe we should start a club!

#1921 6 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I owned a SWE1 for several years (where it sat beside my RFM). I thought it was a lot of fun. Friendly to the novice, but plenty of challenge for the good players as well. Achieving Jedi Master is not an easy task.

Truth. I still haven't gotten there, and now that my game is on factory settings and only one extra ball, I can barely make it past 2 Jedi battles.

8 months later
#2236 5 years ago
Quoted from jgecmd:

Plugging standard headphones into the Out jack on the audio board.

I don't think Pin2K uses the computer sound card. There is an audio amplifier board in the computer case, to the right if I recall correctly and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a headphone jack.

5 months later
#2709 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Question: When sliding your playfield in and out... is it like... horrible? I mean mine is definitely metal on metal rough, sounds and feels horrible. My playfield slide feet don't look really worn.... Should the rails be lubricated? I've zero experience with pinball 2000.

My SWEP does this. It's annoying but I figured it was part of the deal.

1 year later
#4178 3 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Thanks for the info. This is part of a container shipment from Italy and the sellers video shows it was working there. Looks like the pc power supply can’t switch to 110 so I have a replacement coming. Hopefully I can turn it on soon!

If it’s factory I recall reading that the transformer is the only thing switched and it should always be sending 110 to the PC. My SWEP1 was a reimport but I didn’t do the conversion.

2 months later
#4382 3 years ago

Well normally its a flourescent tube, but I put LED strips behind my SWEP1. If you could code it into the game that would be sweet! Also please think about SWEP1 code updates as well!! loving the RFM stuff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

7,500 (OBO)
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 85.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cabuford.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=cabuford and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.