IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (6 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (5 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 9 years ago

After getting mine, I tried playing AFM on the virtual version, and thought it was lacking something. I guess I got used to the holograms and now just watching things on the DMD is weird. Which is fine, because I can't afford an AFM anyway. lol I should be putting LEDs in my RFM this week/weekend after almost 2 years of incandescent. Will post pics.

#27 9 years ago

I have a couple of LEDs in mine, and it doesn't have a credit dot. It does show bulbs out anywhere a LED is, because it reads the low voltage as burnt-out like j_m_ said.

1 month later
#64 9 years ago

I finally changed mine over to LEDs this past weekend. I thought I liked the incandescent look, but I think it looks great now and blends in better with all the other LED machines. A few of the wedge bulbs on the boards were giving me issues not wanting to work with any LED bulbs, so I think there's about 20 incandescent lights just for that reason, mostly in the saucer lights, but they blend well enough.

image-13.jpgimage-13.jpg

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Huh. Just finished LEDing the inserts on mine last night. All worked correctly with cheap LEDs from Pinball Life. Some sockets seem to be "polarized" and I had to reverse the LED to get it to light, but no issues other than that.

The entire row of saucer lights, the green 3 beams above the modes, and a couple others close to those wouldn't work with my cheap Pinball Life ones (which I had trouble with in my NGG backbox so I tried rotating them to no avail,) some Comet 2 LED and 1 SMD, and even a Cointaker I took out of my Spider-Man. I was working with it on/running and the playfield up after so many failed attempts, and finally gave up before I sprained a wrist trying not to get electrocuted.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Are you sure the wire ends of the LEDs are making contact with the metal terminals of the bulb holders? If the wire ends are "bunched in" and not spread out, they will not make contact with the metal in the bulb connectors and the LEDs will not light up. Some are indeed polarized, but for none of them to work leads me to believe something else is going on.

Everything was touching and working fine from what I could tell. I could take the same bulb in the same wedge holder thingy and move it to a different board/location, and it would work fine. I will probably go back and work on it again to see what's up, but right now I have a broken JP and a brand new LAH to poke on.

Boogies, I will have to try your purple ideas. I have actual UV bulbs that are both high-powered and flex, so those might look awesome. I did put purple under the SOL insert and 2 outlane 'name credits' inserts just to give it a little something different, and really like the way it blends the blue and red playfield colors in that area. I also want to change out the rubbers to colored and see what that does.

2 months later
#202 9 years ago

Yeah, I'm returning mine because it wouldn't lock in place and come on every time, so I'd have to open it up and adjust it. Then the other night my husband was playing and the light start flickering, the monitor display started flicking, and the computer started buzzing. We quickly turned it off, looked around, pulled the bulb, put the flourescent back, and no issues at all. So I contacted the company for a refund. It looked good when it worked, but I didn't want to chance it messing something up after the buzzing/flickering started in the machine's computer.

#206 9 years ago

Don't feel terrible. You found something cool that worked for you and shared. I would have done the same thing.

I've been playing my RFM more lately now that I've got full LEDs in it. I had read where people were putting purple in the spotlights to give it a black light feel, so I tried that but my purples weren't strong enough and it just looked dark. So I put super bright greens in instead, with a Comet platinum flex spotlight in the back one to light up the ramp a little, and I think it looks good. It's a tiny bit green-washed, but the aliens look awesome.
I put pink in the outlane lights, blue in the inlane lights, a different blue for the SOL light, and UV purple on the large square "credits" lights in the bottom outlanes. I got tired of just red, green, and yellow. (It all comes together a little better and with less glare with the glass on, but somehow I don't have a pic of that.)

image-198.jpgimage-198.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

#211 9 years ago

I remember when someone told me to get a glare guard for RFM. I thought they were joking, but then I tried one I had and it worked great. Which reminds me that I am still one short now that I added another pin and need to order one.

6 months later
#356 9 years ago

Just got ours up and running again tonight, so posting a pic and then playing for a bit. Basically, if you know how to work on computers, you can keep a P2K running. Ours was freezing up then wouldnt boot, and 30 minutes later of my husband resetting things in the computer it fired right up.

image.jpgimage.jpg
1 week later
#372 9 years ago

The roll-over lanes should light up when the ball goes over them in the in/out lanes. I have superbright UVs in there that do light up when the ball goes over them. I did that because I play in pitch dark, and that's the only available light during Hypno-beam so I made sure they lit up the flipper area as a tiny consolation prize if I did drain a ball.

Hitting the left orbit should trigger a missle if the insert is lit. I believe that based on the mode it will either loop or stop/drop on mine, but I haven't done the settings that someone mentioned here that gives it more flow and opens up the loop more.

3 weeks later
#431 9 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

Speaking of "toppers" anyone find some flying saucer toppers for RFM? Been looking around on ebay and can't find much that would look good on this machine.

I got one of the Alien Abduction Lamps to put on mine, but it is top heavy and not attached to the cow base, so it sits on a nearby shelf instead. I was at a local feed store and found a smushy cow nightlight on clearance, so I put it on top of my machine instead. It's a black/white cow so it goes well, and if it falls down it won't damage anything. I'm not home and don't have pics, but here's a link for the lamp.

http://abductionlamp.com/

#439 9 years ago

Smushy cow nightlight:

image.jpgimage.jpg image-241.jpgimage-241.jpg
#452 9 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

Blondetall...that was the one I was looking for! Can you still order these:http://abductionlamp.com/

Sorry, just got back to this thread. I think when I got mine there were just a few left, but I can't remember if I got it straight from the company or not. It had to be imported and took awhile to get here, and I think it was around $150 with shipping. It's awesome, but I don't think I'd ever try it as a topper. The UFO is the heaviest part of course, and balances on the plexi "beam" that isn't attached at all to the cow/base. It just sits on top of the base, so any movement and it's falling off. Also, the top of RFM isn't flat enough for the base, so I couldn't figure out how to put it there anyway. It looks awesome on my shelf though, so I don't regret getting it, but wish there was a better option for a topper version of it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 85.00
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=blondetall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.