IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (6 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (6 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (6 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billsfanmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#350 9 years ago

Tempted to get another rfm. I have had 3 people tell me not to because cpu could fail and them your in deep sh&$?! Without going through all the posts on here does anyone worry each time they turn their game on? What is the solution if your cpu crashes ?

#355 9 years ago

Could someone post links to fan and power supply ? Thanks.

1 year later
#1265 7 years ago

2nd time owner. My left sling saucer bulb is out. Sounds stupid but I have tried getting the saucer or dome light off but can't. How does it come off to change bulb? Just trying not to twist too much or break ramp. Thx

#1267 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Support the ramp from underneath with one hand and with the other hand twist the saucer counter clockwise. Same with the other one. The green domes are glued onto the saucer from the factory. To light the domes well I use Comets "Crystal Fan" bulbs.

Thx. What color?

1 year later
#1691 6 years ago

Is there a pin 2k club? May try and get the combo RFM and SWE1. The SWE1 has the light sabre not working. Wondering that a hard fix or just replacing a few parts.

#1697 6 years ago
Quoted from PinNeu:

First check the Neon using an alligator test clip, ground the black transformer lead to the metal side rails on the game (or any other ground point). If the neon tube glows, the driver board circuit is the problem. Could be the 12 volts (Fuse 108) Mine system I had to replace 74HCT574 at U34 and ULN2803 at U35 to resolve the issue. Data came from https://forums.arcade-museum.com/archive/index.php/t-184838.html

Thx!

1 week later
#1703 6 years ago
Quoted from Giulio:

Dell 20 inches 2007FP the IPS model. Fits perfect like a glove, deep blacks, scanline generator recommended, stunning results. My crt did fry, I do not miss it, even if I recognize I could repair it with some efforts. Well, I kept the crt in the attic, never throw away a good old crt .

Link to conversion process?

#1708 6 years ago
Quoted from arakissun:

Hm in my country it's everywhere at price between 30$-40$ with 6 months warranty.
Better get one for spare.

someone post a modern equivalent?

2 weeks later
#1727 6 years ago
Quoted from PinNeu:

First check the Neon using an alligator test clip, ground the black transformer lead to the metal side rails on the game (or any other ground point). If the neon tube glows, the driver board circuit is the problem. Could be the 12 volts (Fuse 108) Mine system I had to replace 74HCT574 at U34 and ULN2803 at U35 to resolve the issue. Data came from https://forums.arcade-museum.com/archive/index.php/t-184838.html

Ok quick question that I am guessing applies to SWE1 and RFM. With game on manual says all good fuses are green and and any bad fuses are read....With my game on all fuse leds are red except f108 which controls my non working light sabre

so Ill check with my DMM. Are these fuses hard to find? dont think I have any of these smaller ones handy.

Update. Fuse good. See the led is a green led. So I'll check fir voltage at transformer

2 weeks later
#1736 6 years ago

Looking to join club. Have a beautiful SWE1 to trade to or others

#1753 6 years ago

Looking at an RFM and was told the green in the monitor will flicker and a cab bump will usually fix it.....read about resoldering on the cpu. Where am I resoldering? Looks like it should be an easy fix.

#1758 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

It would not be the cpu, it would be some solder joint on the monitor chassis or neckboard, maybe one of the pots for the green.

Thx. That's what I meant. .

#1773 6 years ago

Anyone selling/trading RFM near Md/PA/Va? Have a beautiful SWE1 looks HUO and plays perfect. Looking to swap Pin 2k games.

1 week later
#1780 6 years ago

Still looking to trade my beautiful SWE1 for an rfm near md/pa/va.

2 weeks later
#1798 6 years ago

still hoping for trade. SWE1 for am RFM if anyone want to leave the club

#1806 6 years ago

how hard is it to find a drop in RFM playfield? Have a very nice SWE1 and tempted to just add RFM to it....What else is needed besides the pf?

#1808 6 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

From what I understand you'd need the prism card with the game ROMs for the computer, or you need to be running a nucore/pinbox system with both game roms.
I have a SWEP1 as well, seems like finding just the RFM playfield/card is rare. From what I've read they never sold that as a stand alone kit, just the SWEP1, and RFM seems to be the more popular game as well.

thx!

#1809 6 years ago

Looking at an RFM with a bad monitor. Comes with an LCD conversion kit. Has someone documented the process from mounting the bracket, lcd and installing adapters? Would love to find someone ho documented or made a video.

#1811 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I'm still a big fan of keeping the machine CRT if at all possible, some will agree, some won't. Is the monitor itself bad? or the chassis needs repair? If you look back through this thread i'm pretty sure people have mentioned the process involved in changing the machine over to LCD/LED, and from what i remember reading it's not a majorly difficult job to do. Whatever you decide on it's an awesome, fun game

Ill try and fix monitor....just need to find a troubleshooting guide. suspecting a board issue.

#1816 6 years ago

Saw on a TNT video an rfm with spinning saucers with LEDs. They look awesome. But they are $400 in Germany. Anyone find these cheaper ?

#1824 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

The focus adjustment is on the flyback transformer itself and generally speaking, if the screen doesn't become clear using this then the flyback is going/gone bad. I agree, CRT's can be scary but once you know the do's and dont's they aren't that bad to work on. I'm not sure if there is a replacement flyback for either the Wells Gardner or the Ducksan chassis so sounds like swapping to LCD may be the option if you can't find a chassis replacement.

is there a guide or tutorial on doing the LCD swap?

#1831 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

The monitor chassis could be repaired but i'm not sure if you can get a replacement flyback for that model, and from memory i can't recall the model number. Not too long after i bought my RFM the Wells Gardner chassis flyback died but i was extremely lucky in tracking down a NOS chassis of the same model. I know that quite a few WG flyback's have been reproduced just not sure about this one, and also not sure about the Ducksan chassis flyback, RFM's used both brands of monitor chassis.

I dont want to speak for Borygard but I pm'd him about a monitor issue and he said that he is now suggesting the LCD conversion for most CRT issues to bulletproof game.

3 weeks later
#1903 6 years ago

Just picked up RFM to add back to the collection. Has a few known issues so Ill prob ask for some help...First is a replacement fan. Can someone post a link where to buy one? OR is you have one for sale.

thx Mike

#1905 6 years ago

good question...I think its in the computer mounted up in the head....I need to get reacquainted with the pin2k components

maybe I should replace them all?

#1913 6 years ago

Just took my monitor and rack out. Going lcd. It had neckglow but something wrong on board. It’s a ducksan and looks to be newer. I’ll prob list it for $100.

#1930 6 years ago

I have a monitor and rack, boards from my RFM.....monitor board needs repair but monitor had neck glow....$75. Monitor in MD.

2 years later
#4093 3 years ago

anyone move an rfm in an acura MDX? not sure if both pieces will fit and would be meeting seller in the middle so dont want to stuck

#4096 3 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I'm betting you will have to take the head off... bring some tools (hex/Allen key sets especially, I don't remember the proper size).
There are three (I think) cables that connect the head to the board located in the cabinet proper. You will have to disconnect these to get the head off.

Def taking head off. Just making sure both sections fit

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billsfanmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=billsfanmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.