IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (5 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (5 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinNeu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1696 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Is there a pin 2k club? May try and get the combo RFM and SWE1. The SWE1 has the light sabre not working. Wondering that a hard fix or just replacing a few parts.

First check the Neon using an alligator test clip, ground the black transformer lead to the metal side rails on the game (or any other ground point). If the neon tube glows, the driver board circuit is the problem. Could be the 12 volts (Fuse 108) Mine system I had to replace 74HCT574 at U34 and ULN2803 at U35 to resolve the issue. Data came from https://forums.arcade-museum.com/archive/index.php/t-184838.html

1 year later
#3311 4 years ago

Hopefully his helps taken from the Revenge From Mars Operators Guide Section 3 Game Wiring and Schematics
Updated page 3-7 the Solenoid table and Page 3-9 added the Shaker and Knocker info - I added them here as the circuits are Drive Bank D (flashlamps) and do not have any diode protection on the Power Driver and normally are Flashlamps on SWEP1

95 (resized).jpg95 (resized).jpg97 (resized).jpg97 (resized).jpg
6 months later
#3819 3 years ago
Quoted from Pozzest01:

Working on the black vuk, found one of the opto sensors black and the other clear/rose colored. The black one is burnt out, right?
[quoted image][quoted image]

No not right

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Category_Code=OP&Product_Code=PPS-A-14232
Photo Trans Assy (Receiver) A-14232 is Dark colour
InfraRed transmitter board is A-14231 is lighter colour
Some camera's phone can see the transmitter light

How Can I tell a Transmitter from a Receiver?
In case you have optos laying around and you don't know if they are transmitters or receivers, a simple diode test with a DMM across the leads will reveal which LED type it is. A transmitter will check about 1.5 across the leads one way, open (no reading) the other way. A receiver will check open (no reading) either direction unless you shine a flashlight on it, then it will check open one way and shorted (0) when the leads are reversed.

1 week later
#3830 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Well shit. Owned it 5 days. Attacked Mars twice already and beat it tonight. Played maybe 25-30 games total. Wish it had twice the content... I had heard it was easy but didn’t think it would be THAT easy.
Anybody have v2.x installed(on NUCORE/Pinbox)? Is it better?

All depends on what your system adjustments (tournament) and feature adjustments are set to, installing v2.x will give extra features also.

11 months later
#4603 2 years ago
Quoted from justyn:

Thanks- tried it again with the coin door closed or manually depressing the close door switch and it didn't change at all. Getting power to monitor and backlight, computer is on, but game isn't starting.
This is after reinstalling the playfield and connecting everything.
Where do I start?

Check the door switch / wires

The LED are documented here
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Pinball_2000_Repair#LED_Indicators
All LEDs 4-7 and 11-14 are normally off when the coin door is open.
are powered through a K1 relay (when coin door is closed) via +50 TP3 LED9 F110
The K1 relay is powered by +12 vdc LED 16 GREEN LED. TP 5 F108

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4446
Operations Manual (February 1999
Coin Door Switch matrix is on page 2-47 / 3-4
BLK·RED J113-2 U49-5

1 month later
#4717 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

FIXED: Of course I went sniffing around all solonoids and luckily I found a bulb socked no longer attached to the playfield way over by the right side Martian. That was hitting the log and blowing the fuse. Love it when it’s easy!
Hey all, I’m blowing the F101 fuse, happens right in start up. trying to figure out what solenoid(s) to look at. The fuse indicates one solenoid while the “light” indicates another.
[quoted image]

Solenoid Table for F101 - J102 (or J101)

J102-1 (resized).pngJ102-1 (resized).png
2 years later
#6495 3 months ago
Quoted from swampy:

HI RFM experts. I am trying to get my head around an issue with a game here in the desert . For the record I am reasonably experienced with pinball repair but far less so with the P2K platform.
Game is running a Nucore computer. On power up with a normal boot there are no playfield lights, no coils will fire, no start button flashing etc. PF is essentially dead. Game will sit there in attract mode with the computer booted normally but PF is dead.
I have checked basics like cables etc but not sure where to go from here. Are there any common areas or faults I should look for? Perhaps a driver board issue?
Thanks all.

My PC will lose the setting on a CMOS battery failure (or low battery or even a boot sometimes) the default BIOS settings on the system has the bidirectional parallel port and/or BiDirectional disabled - the PF will be not responsive in this mode - enabled ECP Bi-Directional (each mother has it own name for this setting - SPP recommended. (All modes will work EPP, ECP ) Default 0x378/IRQ7) try a setting on the parallel port in the BIOS settings of the PC the PF will become active when next started, if not try another. Loading the BIOS Defaults in my PC the PF will become unresponsive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

7,500 (OBO)
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinNeu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=PinNeu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.