IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (5 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (5 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KnockerPTSD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2494 5 years ago

I'm thinking of grabbing one.
It has the original CRT. I'd like to put in a new lcd. What exactly is involved in that process? I'm trying to price everything out.
What are some common preventative measure taken on this game to keep it running smoother longer.
Finally, what are some issues or commonly broken pieces I should be keeping my eyes out for? Owners always know of some problems pieces or area.
I have access to 3 machines with a few hrs drive of me. I'll be looking at one this weekend. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

#2495 5 years ago

Also, I just thought of this, can the rfm monitor I take out be used in my original pacman? Its had no monitor for almost a year now.

#2497 5 years ago

I actually just pointed out to a member of my league this week that his rfm is set to widescreen. He hadn't noticed but yes I know what you mean about the shots not lining up quite right. (Especially Martian happy hour)

#2498 5 years ago

Would LCD vs LED vs Plasma make a difference in helping out the black tones?

#2500 5 years ago

What size widescreen monitor can be used if installing a modern monitor? (Set to 4:3 of course)
After a little research it sounds like if you can get an OLED in there would be best.

#2501 5 years ago

Does anyone still carry the kits to either lit up the saucer with more lights or make them rotate? Those are pretty cool looking.

#2509 5 years ago

The rfm I'm looking to buy needs a little love. Mostly just a good cleaning. It will need new side art when I can afford it.
The center launch ramp is all bent to hell though. Does someone know where I can order a replacement piece and if it is a hassle to take that area apart? Thanks

3 weeks later
#2559 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hi,
i need to change my flap (the movable center one).
I've ordered a new one, but here comes the Rivet question.
Whats is the good reference, and is it feasible without the 50€ tool?
I've seen some auto-locking ring reference, but i would like more details if someone can share .
Thanks

Following because the machine I might buy needs a new flap as well

1 month later
#2772 4 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I'd say none. To me restoration is bringing something back to original factory condition, and the original game did not have blades. I also prefer the focus to be on the playfield, generally black sides force the eyes on the playfield. Blades are an overkill to me.

By this logic only modern LE models should have art blades. Stern Pros dont come with them but they sure make an improvement.
Some machines look good with them, some are better without. For me a would usually say no blades in williams era games but both attack from mars and revenge from mars look pretty cool with the saucers destroying the city. I've never been a big mirror blades guy. I like to focus on playing without reflections distracting my peripheral vision.
I vote for art blades on this one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

7,500 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KnockerPTSD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=KnockerPTSD and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.