IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (6 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (6 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gogojohnnyquack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1215 7 years ago

Hello RFM fans and owners, I am happy to report that I have one on the way from a container buy! I know that I am in for some major cleaning and shopping but the first order of business is getting the voltage set correctly for my USA 120V. Research shows that I need to:

1) Check the computer power supply for a voltage switch (manual page 2-32, item 18) setting

2) Purchase or create a United States 'Voltage Programming Jump Cable' part #H-22990-1 (page 2-31) and plug it into the 'Transformer Programming Cable' of the Power Control Box (page 2-30, item 18)

3) Install a 5 amp fuse in the Power Control Box (page 2-30, item 4)

#'s 1 & 3 are easy enough, but the 'Voltage Programming Jump Cable' H-22990-1 has me stumped. Below are pictures of one on Marcos (not in stock) and pinballspareparts.com.au. It's hard to tell the pin out and compare them.

I have been through the manual on IPDB looking for the pin outs to make one or change the one that will be in the machine when it arrives but I can't find any information. Does anyone here on Pinside have it that they can help me out with? Or maybe a picture of their own 120V plug?

Thanks!

voltage convertor marco (resized).JPGvoltage convertor marco (resized).JPG

voltage converter pinballspareparts.au (resized).jpgvoltage converter pinballspareparts.au (resized).jpg

#1221 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Here is it is:

This is awesome. Thanks, guys! I have the tools to hopefully use the existing one and move the wires around. Fingers crossed...

3 months later
#1306 7 years ago

Hello fellow RFM'ers. I have a question about the ball save feature - Does yours auto-plunge a saved ball? Mine does not. I have replaced the shooter lane switch and it tests good. The game auto-plunges saved balls during multi-ball but not for a save at the beginning of each ball. My RFM has the latest v1.6 firmware and the ball save feature is turned on.

#1309 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Mine does not auto-plunge on saves.

Thank you for the answers. I guess that's how it is then!

#1311 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I also have mine set to no ball search and it still autoplunges a waiting ball after a while. Frustrating if you walk away to use the toilet, door example.

Same here. It sucks when I'm showing someone new how to do the skill shot or choose the mode then all of a sudden the ball launches and they have to get to it!

2 weeks later
#1341 7 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I left the under playfield lights as is - they are 1 LED color matched

You may try white LEDs under the martian target inserts. Green LEDs washes the drawings out. White LEDs light them well while keeping the white outlines and red eyes intact.

1 week later
#1359 7 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

4. The pop pin which captures the ball during the cut scenes doesn't drop on it's own

It could simply be dirty and need a cleaning and new coil sleeve. While you're in there, go ahead and rebuild the flippers too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

#1366 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I'm on 1.6 and my experience is that it depends on the mode. For some modes the pin drops automatically and others I have to hit a flipper.

I have never had to hit a flipper to get it to drop. It drops automatically after the scene, except if I end a Mars Needs Women scene early by hitting all four buttons at once (both flippers and both aux buttons). I'm on 1.5 but have also had 1.6 and it was the same.

#1379 7 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I should play the lottery...

REVENGE OF THE STUCKY FROM MARS!!!

1 week later
#1415 7 years ago

Switches, switches, switches. I got one from Italy and had almost the exact same switch errors. Some of them were bad, some had broken wires, and some only needed adjusting.

#1425 7 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Any thoughts from the group before I start a new topic?

Unplug/replug connectors, switches, and intermittent wires in IDC connectors. Those have been all of the problems with mine. I still have 4 mode insert lamps that are intermittent and it is the big IDC connector on the light board that I haven't got the guts yet to re-terminate or change to Molex/Trifurcon.

#1429 7 years ago

Wizboy - Are these hidden in the current programming?

1 month later
#1545 6 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

So who has the best saucer mods these days? Anything new and improved out there?

I've got the RGB Saucer Kit from myPinballs. I haven't seen anything better engineered. Depending on the build cycle you may have to wait a few months after putting your deposit down but it is worth it. He (Jim Askey) also has improved replacement saucers and mentions aluminum saucers by Modman on Pinside but they're gone - I got the last set!

http://www.mypinballs.com/electronics/store.jsp

#1547 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

+ 1 from me. Cool Mod that's been engineered very well and options on saucer colours. That reminds me, must do the software update, need to borrow a lappy.

When was the software update? I just realized that I don't think I ever registered my kit.

#1558 6 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

With the WannaCry virus outbreak, and the like, I'll pass on clicking that link. No offense.

Word.

#1560 6 years ago
Quoted from mandrade1:

Hello Guys
I would like to introduce to you guys, my saga to clean and make it preety again ! And become part of the Club !
https://goo.gl/photos/aL8dRberXmWaXRxbA
Thanks a lot
Marcos

What is the RGB LED remote control being used for?

1 month later
#1622 6 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

make ball save to be auto fire would be a good start.

Plus 1 on that. Makes no sense that it isn't auto-fire.

3 years later
#4630 2 years ago
Quoted from justyn:

1) Anyone local in Seattle that people would recommend for powder-coating?

Northwest Powder Solutions in Kent. They have done The Lost World Jurassic Park rails/legs/hinges/lockbar (metal flake green) and my playfield rotisserie (blueberry crackle). They typically take about 3 weeks and are very reasonably priced. I'm headed down there today or tomorrow to pickup my Baywatch wireforms that they did a brass-colored powder-coat on.

https://www.northwestpowdersolutions.com/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gogojohnnyquack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=Gogojohnnyquack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.