IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (5 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (5 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ForceFlow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2000 5 years ago

Does anyone know what the correct microswitch is for the lane rollovers?

It looks like one I have was replaced with a different one at some point.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

[edit]: nevermind, I think I found it:

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=829

#2004 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Clean that while you're in there!

It's fresh off route--just picked it up a few days ago.

Quoted from arakissun:

And P2000 has it's #2000 post thanks to ForceFlow.

1 week later
#2028 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I don't recall if there is one on the Prism Card.

There is. it's between the sandwiched PCBs.

#2030 5 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Could you tell me what to look at in particular, please?

The main thing is probably that it boots and plays.

Then, that the playfield glass is in good shape (it's expensive to replace), the apron is in good shape (hard to find), the ramp flap in good shape (currently unavailable) and works, and that the plastic that the ball impacts after launching from the ramp in the middle of the playfield is in good shape.

After that, it's just typical pin stuff for the most part.

#2035 5 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

If I may, what is this ramp "flap"??

It's the flap in the middle of the playfield. The mechanism underneath rises up so that it then forms a jump ramp.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4446&picno=14736

#2049 5 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Planetary Pinball has the flaps in stock. Just bought one last night and it shipped today. Mine had a small crack in it.

Good to know--last I checked, I think it was out.

#2071 5 years ago

Does anyone know anything about version 1.9? I got my hands on a PUB card for this version.

From what I can tell, it was released in November 2017. Supposedly, it has additional call-outs and animations that were present in prototype versions of the software, but didn't make it into the 1.0-1.6 versions that most people are familiar with. However, I have not been able to confirm this since I'm not familiar enough with the game to be able to tell if small things were added or not.

The software was hosted on this site, but looks like the page disappeared about a month ago.

http://pinball-tournament.servegame.com/software/

I noticed it also had a build from February 2018, but I'm not sure if that was supposed to be version 2.0 or a rescued copy of version 0.2 (if it ever existed).

Also, there doesn't appear to be any indication as to who hosts/operates the website. There are players listed, but I don't know if any of them actually worked on the site or software.

http://pinball-tournament.servegame.com/player.html
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngrfm software (resized).pngrfm software (resized).png

#2073 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Where is that information from?

From the person who sold the PUB card to me. He wasn't able to supply specifics, though.

Quoted from mattosborn:

That is v0.2, but not for RFM. Note how the game number is 50072 and not 50070. It's Wizard Blocks.

Ah, good catch.

#2075 5 years ago
Quoted from Wizboy:

RFM 1.9 isn't the last version but I will try to sum up some changes...
#
# XINA Revision History:
#
# Version 1.22b:
# TCP-Port bug fix.
# Miscellaneous translation fixes.
# Going back to factory system memory of 4MB.
# This version does not need a system memory upgrade anymore!
#
# Version 1.21:
# This version requires 8MB of system memory.
#
# Version 1.19:
# This version of XINA should fix the problem where a booting
# the system with the power driver board disconnected can cause
# a factory reset to occur due to the mismatch of the last country
# dipswitch setting in CMOS vs. the country setting for an open
# power driver board cable.
#

Those are changes for XINA, the pin 2000 operating system--not RFM directly. XINA has its own set of revisions and version numbers.

But, it's still good info to see--I wasn't able to find version history for XINA beyond 1.19.

2 weeks later
#2105 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

however, if I remember correctly, I thought that both RFM and SWEP1 used another pivot bushing that was male threaded with a slightly smaller allen head (but it's been awhile since I looked at mine

That's correct. Both the pivot bushing and the bolt have allen key heads.

#2106 5 years ago

Now that I look at mine, the pivot busing you linked too looks too short.

20180702184358546 (resized).jpg20180702184358546 (resized).jpg20180702184404895 (resized).jpg20180702184404895 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#2135 5 years ago
Quoted from quinntopia:

In fact, is that original?

Yes, RFM came with a protector for two sides of the hole. Mantis amusements created one that protects it from 3 sides. And of course, there's also the cliffy that can hide the hole damage.

#2138 5 years ago
Quoted from quinntopia:

So if I’m putting in a Cliffy (and replacing the worn scope with a Mantis) should I remove that metal protector that’s in there now?

Cliff would know for sure--try emailing him about it and post back here.

Although in the example photos, it looks like it isn't present.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/rfm_pro.htm

#2144 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

who gave my image an "unsafe" tag? was it too close a shot of the stroke of luck hole for general consumption??

Probably just a mis-tap on a mobile device. It happens occasionally, presumably when someone is trying to hit the enlarge button for the image. I removed the tag.

1 week later
#2147 5 years ago

Anywhere between 2500 for a routed, but working example up to 3200 or so for a very nice example. If anyone asks more than that, it doesn't seem to move.

1 week later
#2165 5 years ago

I thought this might be interesting to share--the lifetime audits from a routed RFM:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/audits-from-a-routed-rfm

2 weeks later
#2171 5 years ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

New rubbers: any that are better than others? Was going to just go with black from marcos or something.

I prefer PBResource, although Marco should be fine. There's also silicon rubbers from Titan.

Quoted from bobwiley:

I need to get a saucer because I'm missing mine

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9481-1

Quoted from bobwiley:

Adding extra martians: do they move as well, or are they stationary?

There are only two mechanisms for movement, so I imagine any additional ones would be stationary.

Quoted from bobwiley:

Crt brightness kit: amazing, or should i just save my $ for and lcd for when the CRt quits?

The Ultimarc amplifier is well worth it. Also, I would recommend making your own harness (6? wires, connector pins, and a connector), rather than butchering the original, so you can switch back if necessary.

Quoted from bobwiley:

Leds: do they mess with the reflection on the glass?

Nope.

Quoted from bobwiley:

3d translite: anyone have it? Thoughts?

It looks cool, but a little pricey.

Also, for the translite, I would recommend replacing the florescent bulb with a cool white florescent bulb to counteract the yellowing, or go with an LED option.

Quoted from bobwiley:

I have new playfield glass and i want to keep it clean and pristine, just making sure windex is a ok to use on both sides.

I never use windex. It has ammonia in it. I normally use spraway--the added benefit is that it doesn't leave streaks behind.

1 week later
#2175 5 years ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

Does anyone know where I can find info on version 1.8 and 1.9 of the unofficial code updates? I read somewhere it has some early animation added to it, but couldn't find any details. If its all just related to the tournament play its not something I'd use, but would be nice to know if there's a version that has all the available gameplay features and animations. If its known how they programmed the game, it would be a fun project to add more animations and callouts. I'd be totally game for adding some stuff!

cougtv has a PUB card with the 1.9 update, as do I. If you are local to either of us, I'm sure one of us can help out. If you go to any of the northeast shows, both of us have been willing to bring the PUB card if you bring your RFM to a show.

Otherwise, so far, the files have not been made available online.

Quoted from bobwiley:

I've decided I'm not going to convert it all to LEDs, thinking about replacing just some of the insert bulbs. Not sure if that would look wierd when its flashing and running the lights. I noticed on my Hook game, the row I replaced with LEDs pulsates quicker than the traditional filament bulbs.

Doing a mix of incandescent and LEDs doesn't usually look very good. Either pick one or the other. Yes, LEDs going on and off without and ramp up/down or fading is typical on most systems. It's a shame LED OCD boards aren't available for Pin2000. They look great on other platforms

#2198 5 years ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

Great! Has there been any stability issues or performance issues related to 1.9?

I brought my game to two different shows (a 4-day show and a 2-day show) and everything went fine. No problems, no stability issues. Never had any software or mechanical issues the whole time.

#2200 5 years ago
Quoted from Ahoernchen:

Nice to hear
How big is your system RAM?

I have 128MB installed, which is probably much more than necessary.

1 month later
#2241 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Some previous idiot, made it impossible to loosen those 4 head screws. They are maybe glued or what ever he did

If they haven't been unscrewed in years, they will be very tight.

You need to use a pair of Allen keys to loosen them--one on the bolt inside the cab, one on the bolt on the outside.

I like to use a set with handle grips instead of L-shaped metal ones. There's less of a chance of hitting something if the key or bolt slips.

1 week later
#2255 5 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Tech Question: I have created a functioning XP machine running on Virtual Box and loaded the Pinball 2000 updater software which launched properly. I have a USB->Null serial cable on order to hopefully handle updates. Has anyone been able to do this in the past? I am hoping to be able to update the ROMS through a modern machine using this virtual environment and without having to get into a PUB card.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/44#post-4608547

#2275 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Stock incandescent works as it should and looks fantastic. LEDs inhibit the dimming and the overall look of the game....I don't like them in this title.

You unfortunately lose the fading effects with LEDs, but with LEDs, things really pop. I just ended up doing LEDs. It looked too dark and dim compared to my other games.

Maybe someday there will be an LED OCD mod available...

One other thing I did was add the ultimarc video amplifier, which really brightens up the display a lot and provides richer colors. It's fairly inexpensive too.

#2289 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Any information about what is original?

Both are. Minor changes like that can happen throughout a game's production as they find things that can cut costs, if a material becomes unavailable or cheaper, or maybe they find something that isn't working well in the game, or change something for ease of manufacturing.

I've owned multiple examples of other titles, and occasionally there are some changes between them, especially if it's a game with an early serial number compared to a much later one.

1 week later
#2315 5 years ago

Nice!

Is this on top of the changes already in 1.9? Or is this a completely different branch of code?

1 week later
#2330 5 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

I sold my RFM to somebody who has it on location.
I never had this problem, but they say it's been rebooting on it's own occasionally.
It's all original hardware running version 1.6.
They are saying it's a software version issue.
Somebody else is saying it has to do with not enough RAM and the Martian Bowling mode.
I might have added some RAM back in the day...regardless they say they are getting this info from Pinside, but I have never heard of either of those explainations. And as I said I never had a problem, so I am skeptical it's a version 1.6 or not enough RAM issue.
I think more likely there might be a power supply voltage issue, over heating due to a bad fan, or cards/RAM/chips need to be reseated.
Any thoughts on this?
Thanks!
BobC

The computer's power supply would be the first thing I'd look at.

1 week later
#2378 5 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

What's a Pub card

A PCB card that you can insert into the ISA slot of the motherboard. It can automatically install code updates.

http://www.silverball.net/images_martin/tech_pub_card.jpg

3 weeks later
#2451 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I replaced mine with high density self adhesive black foam weatherstrip tape.

I used gaffer tape.

4 weeks later
#2513 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Figured posting here was as good as any - do any of the SWEP1 kits exist out there any more and if so what can someone expect to pay for one?
Would like to get this combo back in the house as we enjoyed it quite a bit before but finding kits seems nearly impossible.

I usually see one or two a year go up for sale in the $1000-$1500 range.

1 month later
#2647 5 years ago

Thermal pads were used at one point in the late 90s and early 2000s. There was some debate back then about which was better (pads vs paste). Although, I don't remember thermal pads turning gooey like that. They mostly seemed to dry out.

Personally, I prefer ceramique paste, rather than artic silver. It's not electrically conductive, so if you happen to get it somewhere, it won't short out anything.

#2652 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

but just remembered I also have some other white thermal paste stuff that's been used on transistors in monitor chassis

Is it that the stuff that hardens? If so, that isn't the same stuff as the CPU thermal paste.

3 weeks later
#2752 4 years ago
Quoted from Moto_bone:

If we get a list of users together that would like to get new switches made- I could make them.
I would need to build a mold for my smaller (5 ton) injection molder.
Just a thought.

I'd suggest starting a new thread on the topic with a number of how many people you might need, and see how many people are interested or how quickly the list fills up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

7,500 (OBO)
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 85.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ForceFlow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=ForceFlow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.