IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (6 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (6 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (6 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Enver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5071 2 years ago

Hey- lovely Lyman tribute.

However -- every RFM version I tried since the shaker is supported, I get a hard reset before I can finish a game, it is that bad.

Never happened to me on any 1.x software, not 1.5 nor 1.8 (enough memory in the PC).

% Fatal Errors
------------

Game #50070 : Revenge From Mars
Game Version : 2.24 - Sun Dec 19 18:43:00 2021
XINA Version : 1.36 - Sun Oct 30 17:16:00 2021

Current Time : Thursday, 3 February 2022, 7:25:10 pm
*** Fatal: 11 Jan 2022 22:11:10
*** Fatal: Last[XPid 1 APid -1 (grimreaper)] Current[XPid 50 APid 142 (Switch_42)]
*** Fatal: Leff Manager(RT): Error creating leff Run() process

*** Fatal: 3 Feb 2022 19:15:27
*** Fatal: Last[XPid 129 APid 0 (exec)] Current[XPid 66 APid 143 (Switch_43)]
*** Fatal: Deff Manager(SU): Error creating deff Run() process

The last crash was in mothership multiball -- I cannot quite remember where the other one occured.
I think it is quite usual to happen in multiball though.

Is there anything I can do to provide better output?
I would really love a fix, else I would have to trash the shaker and knocker...

talking of which. The 2.24 knocks *twice* for the first two extra balls, but it did knock only once when I got the third one (not a points price this time).

Cheers + Thanks for reading,
--Enver

#5072 2 years ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Having a lighting issue with my RFM. It blows F111 fuse as soon as it’s powered up. F111 handles Lamp Matrix A. Any idea of what could be bad or what should test to diag this issue?

If I remember correctly, what fails here usually is a bridge rectifier made out of four discrete diodes 4x P601.

#5084 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Sounds like you didn’t install protection diodes on the shaker and knocker hardware. A hard reset would be spotted pretty damn quick otherwise in the development of these updates.
Regarding the double knock just update the software to the newer v2.24 as mentioned above

Honest?

*** Fatal: 3 Feb 2022 19:15:27
*** Fatal: Last[XPid 129 APid 0 (exec)] Current[XPid 66 APid 143 (Switch_43)]
*** Fatal: Deff Manager(SU): Error creating deff Run() process

Are you saying this is the kind of error you'd get when there's no protection diode? To me it looks more like resource exhaustion, but this is not to say you're wrong, only I'd like to understand what's going on. The reset also never happens early in the game, so that's another pointer.

I did mount the diode on the knocker (but I don't think it was about to go off anyway when the last reset occurred).
I have the Stern SAM shaker, and I am using the original Stern control board. Will check whether this diode is on the board already or if I am really missing one over the next few days.

'newer 2.24'?
Will have a read -- so there are two or more 2.24 then, okay... did not expect that, as the installed one is 2.24.

Cheers+Thanks,
--Enver

#5085 2 years ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

That’s exactly what it was. 2 dead diodes in the circuit.

Thanks for the feedback! Glad it worked out!

#5090 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

If its not that and at a specific repeatable point in the game, like very far into it then i can have a look, but i would have expected to get more reports of this, as hundreds of people run the updates so its unusual for anything like a hard crash not to be spotted pretty quick, plus i extensively test everything on my own game to. I'm only human though

Others told me they never had a problem like I do, agreed. I switched RAM for testing, to no avail. I have another Pinball 2000 machine remaining, so I can switch computers with an SWE1 in case the mainboard variant plays a role, or maybe CPU speed or something like that.

I will also double-check that the crash times logged indeed reflect the hard crash.

I tried connecting to the machine via 'nc' on port 23, and I realised that the command 'reslist' works only a few times: when I start a game and choose some mode, then keep the ball in the shooter lane, after a few runs of 'reslist' the system reboots. Having said that, I sold my other Pinball2000 kit so I cannot easily check if this misbehaviour was already present with RFM1.5 (and there the TCP high-ports bug would even have to be mitigated).

It seems the mothership multiball is a good candidate for when the machine crashes, but I am not sure if I can start this from the terminal.

Interestingly, I just issued "attack_mars start" and after a few seconds without play, the machine crashed and rebooted.

Which opens up another theory: maybe most (testing) people don't have a network card in the machine, and/or have networking disabled?

If you'd find the time to have a look, I suggest we take the debugging 'off line', that is, into personal messages or such to reduce public clutter.

Cheers,
Enver

#5096 2 years ago
Quoted from Enver:

Others told me they never had a problem like I do, agreed.

applejuice Upgraded to 2.24 of 29th January 2022. I turned off the Network connectivity in my original computer and could play without any reset, attacked Mars in the first game (default 2.24 ball savers). Probably this is what most people have.

WITH Network (IP 192.168.1.99, Netmask 255.255.255.0, Gateway 192.168.1.1, DNS 192.168.1.1) though after a few modes I had the usual hard reset.

Hope this helps fixing the beast. Thanks a bunch!

Cheers,
--Enver

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Enver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=Enver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.