VBATT to RAM (resized).png
VBATT on main board (resized).png
Battery holder daughter board (resized).png
RFM errors (resized).jpeg
IMG_4498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0396 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 133.
#4351 3 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

ebay.com link » Watch Repair Screwdriver Tweezers Electrical Demagnetise Demagnetizer Tools

Thanks but based on some back and forth in a pop bumper thread I don’t know if this one will be strong enough.

#4352 3 years ago

Anyone have a good source for the Black backglass trim pieces? I can not find the correct size from the typical vendors. Or do I just buy larger size and cut them to fit?

Thanks,
Steve

#4353 3 years ago
Quoted from Konajack:

Anyone have a good source for the Black backglass trim pieces? I can not find the correct size from the typical vendors. Or do I just buy larger size and cut them to fit?
Thanks,
Steve

Yes, cut the larger size.

#4354 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It’s a common issue. The jump ramp “sticking” up also happens for the same reason. I demagnetized both and now both work correctly.
It’s a minor annoyance. I wouldn’t replace it. Played mine using flippers to release for months.

Funny, both my ramp and post have done this for years, I just really haven't cared to investigate. Interesting information

#4355 3 years ago

Install applejuice shaker and knocker today. They work great. Spent the rest of my afternoon pulling out my hair with the 6 ball mod. The led for ball six is not working. When I test with the camera it isn't purple. Yet all continuity test pass. I could use some help if anyone has any.

#4356 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Install applejuice shaker and knocker today. They work great. Spent the rest of my afternoon pulling out my hair with the 6 ball mod. The led for ball six is not working. When I test with the camera it isn't purple. Yet all continuity test pass. I could use some help if anyone has any.

2 likely reasons:
1- you installed them in reverse polarity. The notch in the lens had to match the notch on the ink mask on the boards
2- you installed them in reverse type(receiver/sender)

#4357 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

2 likely reasons:
1- you installed them in reverse polarity. The notch in the lens had to match the notch on the ink mask on the boards
2- you installed them in reverse type(receiver/sender)

Guessing it's number one. I'll have to check and see if that is in the instructions and I just missed it. Updates to follow.

#4358 3 years ago

3 of 4 upside down. It's now working, can't wait for 6 ball action! Thanks for the help.

#4359 3 years ago

Made a 6 ball mod card based on Williams original design. The original board uses 1 channel of LM339 to pull down the +input for the rest so that the column signals are there already before the row is fully sinking. I don't have scope and have no idea how strict the matrix scanning timings are, so I'm not sure if it matters and might be that new BJTs/FETs can switch faster without the extra circuitry but wanted to play safe. I asked MyPinballs about it but unfortunately they got mad at me for not buying their board at that instant so I just made my own so didn't get any clarification if their board took it into account .

Anyway, thanks MyPinball for another update!

I played few quick games and 6 balls seemed to work great. I did have a glitch at start though. I updated to 2.22 and activated the 6 ball mode without playing a single game in between. When I started the first game I got 2 balls launched right from the beginning (it was Paris mode). I tried to force a new game (held start button) and it did the same. I then finished one game by letting balls drain and the next games after that started normally and I managed to attack mars on my second game and play few more modes after that without noticing any other 'too many balls glitches'.

Another note about the update: Payback seems to be still buggy in some cases. E.g. if there's Martian Attack ready when you hit the scoop and get the Payback, the ball wont eject from the scoop until Payback runs out of time.

I also noticed a new bug that I haven't seen before with earlier versions. Can't unfortunately recall after which mode this was, but I think it was after a regular or bonus wave mb. The up/down post stayed up until ball seek sequence dropped it back. It does not seem to be mechanically jamming so fairly sure it was a software bug.

#4360 3 years ago
Quoted from sniiki:

Made a 6 ball mod card based on Williams original design. The original board uses 1 channel of LM339 to pull down the +input for the rest so that the column signals are there already before the row is fully sinking. I don't have scope and have no idea how strict the matrix scanning timings are, so I'm not sure if it matters and might be that new BJTs/FETs can switch faster without the extra circuitry but wanted to play safe. I asked MyPinballs about it but unfortunately they got mad at me for not buying their board that instant so I just made my own so didn't get any clarification if their board took it into account .
Anyway, thanks MyPinball for another update!
I played few quick games and 6 balls seemed to work great. I did have a glitch at start though. I updated to 2.22 and activated the 6 ball mode without playing a single game in between. When I started the first game I got 2 balls launched right from the beginning (it was Paris mode). I tried to force a new game (held start button) and it did the same. I then finished one game by letting balls drain and the next games after that started normally and I managed to attack mars on my second game and play few more modes after that without noticing any other 'too many balls glitches'.
Another note about the update: Payback seems to be still buggy in some cases. E.g. if there's Martian Attack ready when you hit the scoop and get the Payback, the ball wont eject from the scoop until Payback runs out of time.
I also noticed a new bug that I haven't seen before with earlier versions. Can't unfortunately recall after which mode this was, but I think it was after a regular or bonus wave mb. The up/down post stayed up until ball seek sequence dropped it back. It does not seem to be mechanically jamming so fairly sure it was a software bug.
[quoted image]

Got mad? I dont think i did, i just said i wasn't prepared to share my schematics on the upgrade that i developed and you said you weren't prepared to pay the price 'for just a few components'. The fact that you decided to make your own instead of supporting the project is alittle disappointing.

Let me be clear, i spend alot of hours making the software updates and give them away for free so when i make hardware upgrades i dont give them away for free to, because i am running a business and need to make some money to keep the developments going and the lights on. To ask for the schematics of the mod i thought was cheeky so yes i said 'jeez' sorry if that upset you.

If you use your own 6 ball upgrade then i wont be able to support any issues you have, so lets be clear again the software updates only support 6 ball upgrades from my own hardware. Sorry

As for the bug on payback time, yes its already been mentioned and i have a fix for this in v2.23. I hope people will donate for each release of the software not just once as this stuff doesn't write itself. and we had no updates for 20 years previously.

#4361 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Guessing it's number one. I'll have to check and see if that is in the instructions and I just missed it. Updates to follow.

The kit is for medium tech pinball users as mentioned at the start of the guide. I assumed that people would know about optos and the polarity, flat side, collector/emiitter sides for the receiver etc. If in doubt always seek help first from other techs. Installing them backwards sometimes kills them but it sounds like you were ok.

I am adding some datasheets of both optos parts supplied to the instructions just to help more, especially on the receiver side, as the flat/emitter side on these is not alway clear with the old williams silkscreen.

#4362 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Got mad? I dont think i did, i just said i wasn't prepared to share my schematics on the upgrade that i developed and you said you weren't prepare to pay the price 'for just a few components'. The fact that you decided to make your own instead of supporting the project is alittle disappointing.
Let me be clear, i spend alot of hours making the software updates and give them away for free so when i make hardware upgrades i dont give them away for free to, because i am running a business and need to make some money to keep the developments going and the lights on. To ask for the schematics of the mod i thought was cheeky so yes i said 'jeez' sorry if that upset you.
If you use your own 6 ball upgrade then i wont be able to support any issues you have, so lets be clear again the software updates only support 6 ball upgrades from my own hardware. Sorry
As for the bug on payback time, yes its already been mentioned and i have a fix for this in v2.23. I hope people will donate for each release of the software not just once as this stuff doesn't write itself. and we had no updates for 20 years previously.

Not a place to argue about it but please don't distort my words. I asked if you were willing to share the schema in a public forum thread because at that time I didn't know that it was for sale only. Then in a private chat I asked about the total price shipped and just told that atm with my several projects going on I can't buy it for budget reasons. You said "jeez" after that.
Then as you didn't answer me anymore after that (to the question about the matrix timings), I thought I probably shouldn't bother you anymore. Couple of days ago I decided to try the original Williams schema. If this community is not for discussion or diy or modding, then sorry, I won't disturb anyone anymore with this stuff.

And like I also said I had earlier already donated for the software.
To each of their own but I'm more for the free sharing in hobby community.

#4363 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

The kit is for medium tech pinball users as mentioned at the start of the guide. I assumed that people would know about optos and the polarity, flat side, collector/emiitter sides for the receiver etc. If in doubt always seek help first from other techs. Installing them backwards sometimes kills them but it sounds like you were ok.
I am adding some datasheets of both optos parts supplied to the instructions just to help more, especially on the receiver side, as the flat/emitter side on these is not alway clear with the old williams silkscreen.

Always learning something new in this hobby. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Keep up the great work.

#4364 3 years ago

@sniik,
stop being a trolling leach.
Pay the man for his work. If you can't afford his reasonable prices... then you need to go back to 1.7-stock.
Oh; you claim you donated - fine. Then don't use his 6ball update. You can't blame the man not supporting you reverse engineering his addition.

To be clear; I did buy his knocker / shaker upgrade when it came out. I haven't bought his 6ball upgrade... but I also haven't upgraded to the latest software. I support applejuice with purchases on his site... when I get around to it; I'll be purchasing his 6ball upgrade... not because I can't design replacement... but because it's the right thing to do.

#4365 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

@sniik,
stop being a trolling leach.
Pay the man for his work. If you can't afford his reasonable prices... then you need to go back to 1.7-stock.
Oh; you claim you donated - fine. Then don't use his 6ball update. You can't blame the man not supporting you reverse engineering his addition.
To be clear; I did buy his knocker / shaker upgrade when it came out. I haven't bought his 6ball upgrade... but I also haven't upgraded to the latest software. I support applejuice with purchases on his site... when I get around to it; I'll be purchasing his 6ball upgrade... not because I can't design replacement... but because it's the right thing to do.

I asked about the current hw designs possible issues with the timings 2 months ago and didn't get an answer. I didn't reverse engineer his work, I just used what is already there in the manual. I really didn't think it's forbidden to build something myself, just like you build your own shaker. But I got the idea now. I just need to keep paying someone asking money from modified Williams source code and shut up. I'm sure he payed the original creators too.

#4366 3 years ago
Quoted from sniiki:

I asked about the current hw designs possible issues with the timings 2 months ago and didn't get an answer. I didn't reverse engineer his work, I just used what is already there in the manual. I really didn't think it's forbidden to build something myself, just like you build your own shaker. But I got the idea now. I just need to keep paying someone asking money from modified Williams source code and shut up. I'm sure he payed the original creators too.

I really have no idea what your problem is, or why you want to come on here being so aggressive. You just appeared on here randomly spouting all sorts of nonsense. So i didn't help you with questions on a bootleg board you wanted to make??? No of course not. I don't release schematics for anything i make and that's just the way it is as like i've said a few times now i am running a business not a hobby.

How do you think i have managed to spend the time and energy and resources to make all these updates??? It sure as hell isn't just in my spare time, on a saturday afternoon.....'

Yes i am running a business and sell pinball products to make money which i use to make more products and fund my life.

And lets be clear also on the software front. I am already in talks with Planetary (PPS) regarding making everything official, as i am very much respectful of Williams and want to make sure anything that is made is adding to the game not distracting from it. I am happy to work with them in the way they want to. Did you really think this wouldn't have been already happening??? Oh dear.

But lets also be clear there were no updates for 20 years before that really upgraded the game and if i hadn't spent ages working out how to add new switch definitions to a complete game and coding the changes, or working out how to make the space for upgrades in the first place, would you really have even had the thought to make a 6 ball upgrade board???

Anyway, i'm not going to be drawn into any further conversations with you as i really don't have the time. All I've ever done (in my 16 years on here and my 30 years in pinball) is make the best pinball upgrades i can, using the resources i have. Its sad when i get hassle like this as it detracts from what i am trying to do and wastes time.

#4367 3 years ago

I can't see myself as the aggressive one here or what nonsense I've spouted? It was just a question reflected from my own findings and I just said you didn't answer it. I didn't complain not getting support for it. I mentioned one glitch I found and you can say it's because my switch is different from your switch if you wish. I didn't argue about that either.
I just fail to see why it was such satan's work in here. Think about a sim racing brake pedal. Some shop sells a ready product but someone decides to build one of his own and release the plans for free. Or a 3d printer addon part that someone designs himself instead of buying a ready made part from the manufacturer.
But, third time, I'll never ever post anything I've made myself here again.

#4368 3 years ago

Dude. Nobody is telling you that you can't design your own mods and share them for free with the world. Go ahead knock yourself out.

Having the gall to ask a mod designer/company to help/explain how to copy his mod is certainly odd.

There are hundreds of shops selling mods on here. Most are 3D printed and/or arduino controlled. None of those shops share the 3D files or the arduino code. If you asked them to they'd tell you to get lost a lot more aggressively than what you've seen here.

Folks want to get compensated for the time and effort put into designing their addons. It's just common sense.

#4369 3 years ago

This is an all-inclusive RFM thread, so I welcome anyone discussing their mods and what they're working on. Any issues between one modder and another mod maker is between them and should be kept in PM. None of our business really and not what I want to read about when I see there are 22 new replies in the thread. Two grown men can handle their own differences and do not need our noses in their business.

sniiki I am interested in seeing how your made your 6 ball trough if you want to share.

#4370 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I hope people will donate for each release of the software not just once as this stuff doesn't write itself. and we had no updates for 20 years previously.

Thanks for the reminder.

#4371 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Dude. Nobody is telling you that you can't design your own mods and share them for free with the world. Go ahead knock yourself out.
Having the gall to ask a mod designer/company to help/explain how to copy his mod is certainly odd.
There are hundreds of shops selling mods on here. Most are 3D printed and/or arduino controlled. None of those shops share the 3D files or the arduino code. If you asked them to they'd tell you to get lost a lot more aggressively than what you've seen here.
Folks want to get compensated for the time and effort put into designing their addons. It's just common sense.

Everyone can read my posts on this page and decide if I've done something to deserve to be called "aggressive, cheeky, trolling leach" or if I have somehow arrogantly requested something from someone.
The original question about the schema is here:
https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/rfm-updates.41048/page-8#post-378956

I just asked because like said I DID NOT KNOW whether it is to be shared or not and because there was instructions how to build every other hw thing before it so how stupid of me to even think that it would be shared.

If this is not enough I can share the private chat too to show how aggressive and cheeky leach I was there.

@mrmikeman, where here did I ask how to copy their design? Did anyone even read my first post about the thing? I just mentioned that I did it this way instead and that I'm not sure if it needs to be this complicated.

@PoMC, I'm happy to share the design but not sure it's wise seeing what a wave of downvotes and s**t throwing I managed to get just by posting a picture of the board or mentioning it.

#4372 3 years ago
Quoted from sniiki:

PoMC, I'm happy to share the design but not sure it's wise seeing what a wave of downvotes and s**t throwing I managed to get just by posting a picture of the board or mentioning it.

Oh I didn't mean the actual design. I just meant your story on making it, etc.

#4373 3 years ago
Quoted from sniiki:

Then in a private chat I asked about the total price shipped and just told that atm with my several projects going on I can't buy it for budget reasons. You said "jeez" after that.
Then as you didn't answer me anymore after that (to the question about the matrix timings), I thought I probably shouldn't bother you anymore.

Snikki: I don't see much wrong in the public forum in your post or in MyPinballs' posts. I wouldn't have asked it in the RFM update part of the forum if I were you, but still: nothing wrong with your post, and nothing wrong with MyPinballs reply. His reply is polite and clear, and I think where things went wrong is when you again asked him for info about the matrix in a private message. Why would you do that after he's been clear that he has his reasons not to help you with your board? Somehow you don't feel that that's not a thing to do. Maybe you didn't intend to be aggressive or annoying, but how can you not think after the answer you got 'I shouldn't ask for further info, for MyPinballs has very good reasons not to help me with my mod and he made that very clear in a very polite answer'?
I would be annoyed too if I were him.

Quoted from sniiki:

or if I have somehow arrogantly requested something from someone

My answer to this is: you didn't start like that, but by asking him again, you did (no matter how very polite your question may have been).

I'd suggest to leave it behind you. If you want, you can ask others to help you. Please don't take this personally, but I hope you or someone else won't succeed and make it 'open to the community', for I hope MyPinballs will receive something back for all his hard work. To me it would be different if it was only the mod itself, but it's so much more: combined with the new software which I think most RFM-owners are very gratefull for.

PS: unless there's something really wrong that needs to be in the open, big harm done, like a really big scam to reveil, I don't think it's a good thing to send private messages to a public forum.

edit: MyPinballs, Applejuice, Jim.... sorry for when I use the company name where a persons name would fit better, typing is hard right after work

#4374 3 years ago

@sven, For the love of god one last time: I have not asked him any help for my own design, ever! The private chat we had was about me asking the price of his product and in there I just asked if he had considered the matrix timings as possible issue as he deviated from original design. Never ever after that have I asked him anything or have I told that I asked. My schema has zero thing from his, it's all different and based on LM339 as the original opto board and works fine like said. Then I'm stupid enough to wonder out loud about the matrix scanning timings here and fall into this weird upside down world.

==================

Edit:
I cannot anymore edit / add this to the first post and don't want to make any new post about this this farce but after being accused for all sorts of things here for things I've not done, I feel quite obligated to at least try to set things straight. It's up to the reader to decide if I'm lying or if I've done something wrong here.

1. I asked if the hw mod is openly shared or if it's to be sold only (there was no info of that and previous mods were openly shared) and got the answer the it's not to be shared.
2. I asked the total price privately and got a quote of total 118€/140usd.
3. I told that I have to postpone_ this for now due to several other projects as I didn't expect it to be quite that expensive. I'm not exactly a poor person but I had >10 other projects going on that needed parts, adding up thousands and still some other more important around the corner so yeah, it was just postponing some of the purchases.
4. Seller sent a frustrated reply and didn't answer to my further messages. So no, I didn't continue asking him anything anymore, not that time, not later.
5. Two months later I found time to get back to this and just thought add the two inputs myself. I used the switch info from 2 year old posts and RFM operation manual schemas to build this module of my own. It is not reverse engineered from his board and uses whole different principle. The info is out there for anyone.
6. As I had supported the project by donating for the software I really didn't see anything wrong in this but apparently I'm not allowed to build stuff for my own machine myself.

I'm baffled how I got flamed down for this but I guess it just is how people act in internet nowadays.
I got some supporting messages here but even those managed to still blame me for some detail that didn't happen.
I got called being all sorts of things and all my posts got down voted for an unknown reason by people who just decided that I'm lying. Meanwhile this happened I somehow was the one blamed for being aggressive, trolling sob.

I actually did get two contacts outside this thread telling that they feel bad about what's happening here and that they've actually have had their own sad encounters with the person in question.
Too bad they decided not to go public but one of them told that it's just wiser because of this angry mob here.

Anyhow, I think this is it for me and this forum or any further support for this project.

#4375 3 years ago

Jim,
Thanks for all you have done on this front. The fact that you have taken up where Williams left off is amazing.

Again thanks so much for the real knocker. I have not gotten around to the 6 ball upgrade, but will soon.

regards,
Bob

#4376 3 years ago

So, trying to get back on topic with some positivity after the last few weird days...

v2.23 is done, but... I would like a few more beta testers to try it out first. If thats you, then please get in touch via PM, I only need a couple so please don't be disappointed if you dont get chosen etc. I appreciate all the support and kind words received. Owners with original hardware would be best if possible as i have pinbox myself.

Update notes for v2.23 stand as:

------------------------------------------

v2.23 RFM Update

Power Drain - fixed a minor issue where the feature may still run at the end of multi-ball if it was queued up previously. Ie it wasn’t been canceled cleanly
Mothership - is now trough aware and will launch 1 - the max number of trough balls at mode start. i.e 3 or 5.
Alien Abduction - added more speech, some adult!
Attract - added More Speech to flipper button presses
Paris in Peril - Added more Speech
End of Ball - Added More Speech
Ball Save - Added More Speech
Secret Weapon - Added more Speech
Right Popper (Stroke of Luck) - Improved logic to fix a bug where a payback time award would conflict with a lit martian attack mode and result in no ball being kicked out for the payback time duration
Stroke Of Luck - Added new award - ‘Odd Change’ awards a random score award from 2500 to 10Mil
Stroke Of Luck - Added new award - ’Add 10% Player Score’
Stroke of Luck - Improved Collect Bonus Integration. End of Ball Graphics now play when awarded aswell as receiving the score calculated
Stroke of Luck - Added new award - Reduce other players scores by 10%
Party Mode - Added new Party mode - ’Score War’. When this mode is enabled all shots to the stroke of luck hole when lit award 10% score reduction for other players. Games must have 2 or more players active for it to be enabled as well as having the setting enabled. Only play with people you are friends with and get on well with!!
Party Mode - Updated text on settings that require a reboot to be enabled
Happy Hour - When drunk flippers restore from a multi ball mode ending the ball save timer is started to catch any mishaps with the change back.

XINA 1.35
PinGame - Added new method score_player_reduce() to allow reduction of player scores for new features and inter player battles

------------------------------------------

Onto v2.24 or maybe v2.3, i was about to post some new info a few days ago on the plans for this and some new hardware projects that i would work on, but now i am not sure thats a great idea. I may need to keep some things more private from now on. So if you are an avid RFM owner and would like to know whats in the pipeline then also please PM me if you are ok not sharing things publicly.

#4377 3 years ago

Hi, just pinging if someone evere experienced a small issue like this: original pc, working good, fans and psu ok, version 2.20. When ball ends now I got a small pause with black screen, like 2/3 seconds and then next ball and everything fine. Just this little weird pause between balls, before I’m sure that was not there. Pc related issue? Ram? Capacitators? Card? Thanks.

#4378 3 years ago

So I finally got my light panel working and at my height (5-10) i get a bar of reflection across the playfield. I was thinking of adding something to the sound bar that sticks out 4 inches or so. What did you guys do?

A99307CA-F956-4063-9ABF-CD0CFC76EFF0 (resized).jpegA99307CA-F956-4063-9ABF-CD0CFC76EFF0 (resized).jpeg
#4379 3 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

So I finally got my light panel working and at my height (5-10) i get a bar of reflection across the playfield. I was thinking of adding something to the sound bar that sticks out 4 inches or so. What did you guys do?
[quoted image]

I use a regular “bent plastic” from pinball life. I put the bend downward into the BG groove with the BG already locked in place. It’s a tight fit but works great.

P.S. I apologize for the SWEP1 pf sitting in my RFM lol. I know it's blasphemous.. The GF was in a SW mood this week.

60B0F890-C6F4-455B-83F3-E519356FC2BE (resized).jpeg60B0F890-C6F4-455B-83F3-E519356FC2BE (resized).jpeg78B5D094-EDFD-485D-BF88-02883234F643 (resized).jpeg78B5D094-EDFD-485D-BF88-02883234F643 (resized).jpeg

#4380 3 years ago
Quoted from Giulio:

Hi, just pinging if someone evere experienced a small issue like this: original pc, working good, fans and psu ok, version 2.20. When ball ends now I got a small pause with black screen, like 2/3 seconds and then next ball and everything fine. Just this little weird pause between balls, before I’m sure that was not there. Pc related issue? Ram? Capacitators? Card? Thanks.

Possibly you have the tournament setting turned on and/or a network card installed in the machine with no connection. Just a thought, might not be

#4381 3 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

[quoted image]

This is one thing I wish the pin2k dev team had added. A better backbox light setup and a way to turn it off during game play. Kind of like how modern sterns are now with game over and game play backbox brightnesses being separate.

Hmmmm, it gives me an idea for another code and hardware change, perhaps

#4382 3 years ago

Well normally its a flourescent tube, but I put LED strips behind my SWEP1. If you could code it into the game that would be sweet! Also please think about SWEP1 code updates as well!! loving the RFM stuff.

#4383 3 years ago

I did the same, bent plastic bend downward helps.

#4384 3 years ago

Happy to have joined the club today!
It does have wear around the saucer hole, some spots/scratches on the cabinet and it is missing its saucers.
Plays great and playfield is pretty, altough it needs some cleaning
Got some reading to do in this club now, 88 pages hahaha

20210124_192449 (resized).jpg20210124_192449 (resized).jpg

#4385 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Happy to have joined the club today!
It does have wear around the saucer hole, some spots/scratches on the cabinet and it is missing its saucers.
Plays great and playfield is pretty, altough it needs some cleaning
Got some reading to do in this club now, 88 pages hahaha
[quoted image]

Welcome!

The best thing you can do is get the 2.22 custom code from mypinballs.com.

It brings the game to a whole other level.

#4386 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Welcome!
The best thing you can do is get the 2.22 custom code from mypinballs.com.
It brings the game to a whole other level.

Didn't know about custom code, it really makes the game better? I've got some reading to do! Thanks

#4387 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Didn't know about custom code, it really makes the game better? I've got some reading to do! Thanks

Start Here:

https://www.mypinballs.com/software/rfm/code_updates.jsp

Also tell us what version your game came with

#4388 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Didn't know about custom code, it really makes the game better?

I think it does!

#4389 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Start Here:
https://www.mypinballs.com/software/rfm/code_updates.jsp
Also tell us what version your game came with

My game runs version 1.1

20210125_200407 (resized).jpg20210125_200407 (resized).jpg
#4390 3 years ago

Just joined the club. Here’s the latest software version on the game. Has anyone added mirror blades to the sides? Wondering if this is a good idea or not?

E24A150D-0841-448E-99CE-A37372B12D9D (resized).jpegE24A150D-0841-448E-99CE-A37372B12D9D (resized).jpeg
#4391 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

My game runs version 1.1
[quoted image]

When I got mine it was running v0.1 haha

The updates are amazing! I need to get the latest now that I think about it

#4392 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

When I got mine it was running v0.1 haha
The updates are amazing! I need to get the latest now that I think about it

Wow did you have a proto/early game? Do these even exist for RFM?

I need the latest update too, now to find out how to do it

Quoted from Lmjdad:

Just joined the club. Here’s the latest software version on the game. Has anyone added mirror blades to the sides? Wondering if this is a good idea or not?
[quoted image]

Welcome! I joined 2 days ago, great game

#4393 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Wow did you have a proto/early game? Do these even exist for RFM?
I need the latest update too, now to find out how to do it

Welcome! I joined 2 days ago, great game

Haha - that’s what I was wondering too, half of the modes or more didn’t even work!

#4394 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Haha - that’s what I was wondering too, half of the modes or more didn’t even work!

Quoted from RobDutch:

Wow did you have a proto/early game?

If the on-board battery dies(or is replaced) on the PRISM daughter board that's the version you end up with.

As far as updating you can download the current roms from PPS. To update through the COM port as designed you will need to get the software from mypinballs.com which works on current computers. Otherwise the Wms software needs to run on an old Win95 laptop from 20 years ago....

However if you are going to update might as well get the awesome roms from mypinballs.com as well. it's on v2.22 right now with the next version in beta testing. Adds many things and makes the game more balanced.

#4395 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

If the on-board battery dies(or is replaced) on the PRISM daughter board that's the version you end up with.
As far as updating you can download the current roms from PPS. To update through the COM port as designed you will need to get the software from mypinballs.com which works on current computers. Otherwise the Wms software needs to run on an old Win95 laptop from 20 years ago....
However if you are going to update might as well get the awesome roms from mypinballs.com as well. it's on v2.22 right now with the next version in beta testing. Adds many things and makes the game more balanced.

Question on this - last time I updated was with an old laptop that only worked if I held the power core juuuust right the whole time it was in the updating process. I’m on v2.20. Do I need to update RFM again with an old laptop before I can start updating with a newer laptop?

#4396 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Question on this - last time I updated was with an old laptop that only worked if I held the power core juuuust right the whole time it was in the updating process. I’m on v2.20. Do I need to update RFM again with an old laptop before I can start updating with a newer laptop?

No, you can use my new software updater to update any game version on latest Windows, Mac, Linux computers right back to the early wms ones

#4397 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Might be a stupid question: if the battery in my game dies before I update it to 2.22, will it forever be stuck on 1.10? Or can I just replace the battery and update it after?

Quoted from applejuice:

No, you can use my new software updater to update any game version on latest Windows, Mac, Linux computers right back to the early wms ones

Thanks, will do

#4398 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Might be a stupid question: if the battery in my game dies before I update it to 2.22, will it forever be stuck on 1.10? Or can I just replace the battery and update it after?

You can update any time. If you replace the battery it resets so you update again.

#4399 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

The game update is stored in flash ram. The battery is just for keeping settings and high scores etc

The game only reverts to rom card versions if the flash update is corrupted usually when someone tries and fails to do an update. Which is hopefully now less likely with the new updater work I’ve done

#4400 3 years ago

Just finishing up my RFM restoration and have a power question. I am now running Pinbox and I need power for the amp and lcd monitor. I was thinking about using the power cord that was supplied to CRT. I am going to put a female plug on the power cord and than connecting it to a small power strip. Is this going to work or is there a better/safer option? I would like to have everything power on with the main switch.
I will post pictures in a few days of the completed restoration. It was a beat up Italian import but it is cleaning up nicely. I would also like to get some new glass but is hard to find anymore.

Thanks everyone and take care.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
7,500 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
There are 6,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.