IMG_2225 (resized).JPG
InShot_20240217_034302200 (resized).jpg
20240215_192804 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240210_130413_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240130_080728 (resized).jpg
20240130_080725 (resized).jpg
IMG_8470 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,669 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 134.
#3901 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

drunk flippers is just a setting. You can turn it on and off. It’s just an extra option for people
Secret weapon requires you make all the different move shots to get a saucer light
I suggest looking through the feature and standard adjustments carefully

Hi,

I know its just a setting, I just wanted say, that I cannot really judge anyhow about the reversed flippers modes.....

But how do I know what move shots I already did? How many are left? The coins would me a good indicator, if they can be collected and the remaining ones show, what ramp/switch still needs to be shot....

#3902 3 years ago
Quoted from pfinny:

Can anyone tell me where this two prong connector from the prisim card goes, assuming it connects to the headers on the motherboard ?
Thanks
[quoted image]

Hi,

it needs to be connected to the last 2 pins beside the prism card. See the red arrow

IMG_20200605_153511 (resized).jpgIMG_20200605_153511 (resized).jpg
#3903 3 years ago

The new Pinball 2000 Updater software v1.0 has finished testing and is now released. Download for Mac OS, Windows and /or Linux.

See here https://www.mypinballs.com/software/pinball2000/software_updater.jsp or click the picture on the homepage at https://mypinballs.com

If you want to use it, then buy a licence on the download page.

I hope everyone with pin2k games enjoys this new app. It was a lot of work to create

#3904 3 years ago

Also, this

A working 6 ball trough. Coded updated to recognise the upgrade of the trough with its new hardware. Just need to make a neat pcb that will plug onto the existing opto driver board now.

Am testing at the mo and my beta testers will also put it through its paces, but i believe the code will still run with a stock 4 ball trough to. It makes it more complicated to do but we dont want to leave anyone behind just yet.

yAYJjsSdSBWhbg%h86A65A (resized).jpgyAYJjsSdSBWhbg%h86A65A (resized).jpgqv2MwlkQTpCvGfdpM2NYCw (resized).jpgqv2MwlkQTpCvGfdpM2NYCw (resized).jpg

#3905 3 years ago
Quoted from berni_czerny:

Hi,
it needs to be connected to the last 2 pins beside the prism card. See the red arrow [quoted image]

Mine has a different mother board in it than what yours does, mine is the brown / gold colored board, my reset pins are located 5 rows up from the edge.

#3906 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Also, this
A working 6 ball trough. Coded updated to recognise the upgrade of the trough with its new hardware. Just need to make a neat pcb that will plug onto the existing opto driver board now.
Am testing at the mo and my beta testers will also put it through its paces, but i believe the code will still run with a stock 4 ball trough to. It makes it more complicated to do but we dont want to leave anyone behind just yet.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#3907 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Also, this
[quoted image][quoted image]

Dude, you're crazy in the coolest way!
Love the work you do

#3908 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

The new Pinball 2000 Updater software v1.0 has finished testing and is now released. Download for Mac OS, Windows and /or Linux.
See here https://www.mypinballs.com/software/pinball2000/software_updater.jsp or click the picture on the homepage at https://mypinballs.com
If you want to use it, then buy a licence on the download page.
I hope everyone with pin2k games enjoys this new app. It was a lot of work to create

Hi Applejuice,

Thanks for your great work doing updates for the Pin2000 Community.
Bought yesterday via paypal a license for the Updater.
How do I receive the License Number?

Thanks for a short answer.
Jürgen

Update:
Jim contacted me via Mail. License Number received.
Thanks

#3909 3 years ago

@Applejuice: just put of curiosity - did you also do something to the internal workings, e.g. coil power etc.? Before the update, on my machine it was pure luck if the ball made it all the way up to the bumpers or even all around for the super skillshot. After the update, I noticed no more problems in regards to this w/o having done anything else apart from the update. Nice side effect!

#3910 3 years ago

Finally received my cables from AppleJuice (slow shipping from the UK these days) and ready to update - MyPinballs.com DOWN, beta software link DOWN. Figures on my day off the website takes a break too

#3911 3 years ago

It has been going down everyday around this time. It will be back up in a couple of hours.

#3912 3 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Finally received my cables from AppleJuice (slow shipping from the UK these days) and ready to update - MyPinballs.com DOWN, beta software link DOWN. Figures on my day off the website takes a break too

Back up around an hour ago. Sorry about that, will need to investigate a router issue when i get a minute. Also, for info the summary instruction sheet on the software page is updated to include a quick start guide now to:

https://www.mypinballs.com/software/pinball2000/software_updater.jsp

#3913 3 years ago
Quoted from TazDevl:

Applejuice: just put of curiosity - did you also do something to the internal workings, e.g. coil power etc.? Before the update, on my machine it was pure luck if the ball made it all the way up to the bumpers or even all around for the super skillshot. After the update, I noticed no more problems in regards to this w/o having done anything else apart from the update. Nice side effect!

Lots of things were improved around the autolaunch logic, ball save etc. I'd need to check to see if any changes effected the coil pulses directly. My game seems the same coil strength wise on the autolaunch.

#3914 3 years ago

Thanks. Just paid for my license and sent email for my key. Psyched to get my P2K updated.

#3915 3 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Thanks. Just paid for my license and sent email for my key. Psyched to get my P2K updated.

Another mac user if i remember correctly so look forward to seeing your game updated Key emailed over.

#3916 3 years ago

Thanks. I keep getting an error when I try to update. Looks like no update is downloaded when I open the app, so the app isn't finding the file it's looking for.

EDIT - Ahh- my mistake. I thought the app would download the update file. I downloaded the update file from your website and it appears to be updating now.

Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 2.42.47 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-07-06 at 2.42.47 PM (resized).png
#3917 3 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Thanks. I keep getting an error when I try to update. Looks like no update is downloaded when I open the app, so the app isn't finding the file it's looking for.
EDIT - Ahh- my mistake. I thought the app would download the update file. I downloaded the update file from your website and it appears to be updating now.[quoted image]

Yes you add update files to your local Pinball2000 folder which is created when the app first runs. There is no auto download of updates as you can include any updates you like from the first WMS ones all the way up to my latest ones. Plus swep1, wb are also supported

I will look at why the error popped up with no updates available as that should be handled.

Sounds like your game should be updated now though. Also remember you can view, edit the display audit list and print your games audits to

#3918 3 years ago

Yes, updated flawlessly after I added the update file. Took approx 8 min (just to set expectations).

#3919 3 years ago

Trying to run the updater right now, I keep getting a "nilobjectexception was not handled" error immediately and the program shuts down. Which is weird, because I got it to load and I entered the license info before this started happening, but I didn't have the update files in the right place. I tried deleting everything and starting over and now always get the same error message.

#3920 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Trying to run the updater right now, I keep getting a "nilobjectexception was not handled" error immediately and the program shuts down. Which is weird, because I got it to load and I entered the license info before this started happening, but I didn't have the update files in the right place. I tried deleting everything and starting over and now always get the same error message.

Replied to your pm asking for some pics to get a better idea of your issue. Most likely you haven’t copied the update files to your Pinball2000 folder correctly or you expanded them. You just need the .exe update files in the folder and the app will do the rest.

#3921 3 years ago

Ok I got everything fixed and working 100% and have to say loving this pin. Actually the first time I played a fully working RFM.
I do have a head scratcher, I am thinking of getting the shaker loom and motor soon to add to my pin. I was looking at the install guide and it shows the loom on J11 with the main pin harness on J10. When I purchased my pin the main harness is plugged into J11 on the Power Driver Board and double checked my pictures before I pulled the board and confirmed I got the pin this way. Also I have three plugged into J06, 08, 09 nothing in J07. I see on the install doc J06 is not used and J07, 08, 09 are used. Everything is working as it should. The only thing off is in a light test the two lower spot lamps are backwards in the test. When it blinks the left spot the right flashes and vis versa.

Here is a picture of mine the way it's hooked up now. Are those just redundant backups?
RFM Power Driver Board (resized).jpgRFM Power Driver Board (resized).jpg

#3922 3 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

Ok I got everything fixed and working 100% and have to say loving this pin. Actually the first time I played a fully working RFM.
I do have a head scratcher, I am thinking of getting the shaker loom and motor soon to add to my pin. I was looking at the install guide and it shows the loom on J11 with the main pin harness on J10. When I purchased my pin the main harness is plugged into J11 on the Power Driver Board and double checked my pictures before I pulled the board and confirmed I got the pin this way. Also I have three plugged into J06, 08, 09 nothing in J07. I see on the install doc J06 is not used and J07, 08, 09 are used. Everything is working as it should. The only thing off is in a light test the two lower spot lamps are backwards in the test. When it blinks the left spot the right flashes and vis versa.
Here is a picture of mine the way it's hooked up now. Are those just redundant backups?
[quoted image]

Use J10, mine is the same way.

#3923 3 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Use J10, mine is the same way.

Thanks!

#3924 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Replied to your pm asking for some pics to get a better idea of your issue. Most likely you haven’t copied the update files to your Pinball2000 folder correctly or you expanded them. You just need the .exe update files in the folder and the app will do the rest.

That was it! Had to change a Com port setting too, but I got it running and it's currently updating my RFM. Thanks so much!

#3925 3 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

[quoted image]

J110 and j111 are the same pin out so it doesn’t matter. However if you want it to match the original manual and our instructions. Use j110 for the main game plug and j111 for our extra connection

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3926 3 years ago

I keep getting this image.

23BF5656-CFF2-4753-91AD-1904DE706FFA (resized).jpeg23BF5656-CFF2-4753-91AD-1904DE706FFA (resized).jpeg
#3927 3 years ago
Quoted from Sijcolo:

I keep getting this image.
[quoted image]

I’ve been having this same problem for a couple of days now. The program is fine on my pc with windows 10 but as soon as I load it on my laptop with windows 10 it immediately throws an error and closes down.

4B6C9403-C192-4F1C-8DBC-1225ACBC10FE (resized).jpeg4B6C9403-C192-4F1C-8DBC-1225ACBC10FE (resized).jpeg
#3928 3 years ago

As i've said in private emails and post #3294 , you need to make sure there are no .rom files expanded in your Pinball2000 folder, just the update .exe files.

#3929 3 years ago
Quoted from Only68s:

I’ve been having this same problem for a couple of days now. The program is fine on my pc with windows 10 but as soon as I load it on my laptop with windows 10 it immediately throws an error and closes down.
[quoted image]

I would check whats in your local user Documents/Pinball2000 folder and post an image here or via pm. I will update the application to ignore expanded .rom files in the next application update.

#3930 3 years ago

I have no doubts this works. I’m concerned I didn’t have it set up correctly and then the whole game reset to game code 0.1. Mine i believe is user error not programmer error.

#3931 3 years ago
Quoted from Sijcolo:

I have no doubts this works. I’m concerned I didn’t have it set up correctly and then the whole game reset to game code 0.1. Mine i believe is user error not programmer error.

Your issue looks like a comm port setup issue to me with whatever serial device you are using, as the image shows the connection button as 'disconnect' meaning you pressed connect before the issue occurred, but you've got no game information from the connection showing. I think i mentioned this in direct emails.

What type of serial device are you using? We supply tested leads with specific driver free chipsets to help solve this type of issue.

If you want to try and get your existing device working, post a pic of what the port settings of it are , or check in the quick start guide here:

https://www.mypinballs.com/files/pin2k/pin2k_updater_instructions_summary.pdf

that your settings match. Windows is picky about the settings used. Mac OSX isn't as bad for this.

#3932 3 years ago

Installing and running the updater I had two problems which it seems like other people are experiencing:

-My Windows laptop has 3 usb ports, with the cable plugged in I had to go into Device Manager, choose COM ports, and change the port it was plugged into to COM Port 1 (it was in COM Port 3). You can either do this in the settings or by plugging it into your various USB ports until you find it on Port 1.
-I unzipped/doublclicked the RFM rom file in the documents/Pinball2000 directory, which you shouldn't do. You can just delete the unzipped files and keep the original one there.

Once I resolved these two minor problems, the install went really smoothly. And this update is awesome, I highly recommend it! Not sure I can master drunk flippers, I liked that it was off by default, but I've played a little with it to try it out. Haven't tried the party and midnight madness modes yet. Love the new attract modes! Really a nice upgrade, the graphics somehow look better too? Maybe because of the expanded color palette? Thanks so much Applejuice!

#3933 3 years ago

Also, on the pin side of the connection, check what I wrote in post #3844 (please note that the COM1 stuff below refers to the computer in the pin):

Quoted from TazDevl:

If it doesn’t work on the serial port in the coin door, try connecting it directly to the PC. If needs to communicate to Port 1, if plugging in directly to the computer it is possible that the cable on the motherboard is not plugged into COM1. In that case, simply plug it into the correct port (Pin needs to be switched off for that!).

#3934 3 years ago

Our Pinball 2000 Updater program has been updated to v1.01. Download links are the same. See here:

https://www.mypinballs.com/software/pinball2000/software_updater.jsp

The update fixes the issue with expanding .rom files in the user Pinball2000 folder.

Thanks to everyone who is using it and finding things to improve

#3935 3 years ago

The first prototype custom pcbs for adding 6 ball trough control are ready to be made. This board will plug on to the existing opto driver board.

Screenshot 2020-07-13 19.18.41 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-07-13 19.18.41 (resized).png

#3936 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

The first prototype custom pcbs for adding 6 ball trough control are ready to be made. This board will plug on to the existing opto driver board.
[quoted image]

Can't wait to be able to buy it!

#3937 3 years ago

Hi guys,

Unfortunately I am not able to do the update via the new updater.
The audits can be read from my pinball machine. So i think the connection from my windows machine to my RfM is ok.

In the folder is the update as an exe file. I have nothing unzipped.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Jürgen

20200713_211130 (resized).jpg20200713_211130 (resized).jpg20200713_211854 (resized).jpg20200713_211854 (resized).jpg
#3938 3 years ago
Quoted from RedFlash:

Hi guys,
Unfortunately I am not able to do the update via the new updater.
The audits can be read from my pinball machine. So i think the connection from my windows machine to my RfM is ok.
In the folder is the update as an exe file. I have nothing unzipped.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Jürgen[quoted image][quoted image]

What is in your user documents/pinball2000/temp folder, and when does the error occur? Have you selected the file you want to update in the list before pressing the update button?

I don’t see the confirmation in the status window that the update file has been expanded. This happens when you select the file you want to use

#3939 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

What is in your user documents/pinball2000/temp folder, and when does the error occur? Have you selected the file you want to update in the list before pressing the update button?
I don’t see the confirmation in the status window that the update file has been expanded. This happens when you select the file you want to use

In the Temp Folder is only another folder 50070.
This folder is empty.
I am connected to my rfm.
At the left I have selected the update 2.21.
Then i am clicking update. One second later the error message is showing.
My Rfm is showing the update screen for about an second the boots again as usual by turning it on.

#3940 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

[quoted image]

This is so awesome! Assuming this means you can expand the code to take advantage of six ball multi-ball?

#3941 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

It looks like the auto zip expansion is not working for you as you say the folder in temp is empty.

Possibly this could be because you’ve changed the home folder location? Looks like you’ve set it to the program folder for some reason. Can you try setting it back to the default which is

C:/username/Documents/Pinball2000

on windows.

#3942 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

This is so awesome! Assuming this means you can expand the code to take advantage of six ball multi-ball?

Yes the forthcoming v2.22 update supports the new trough expansion and will automatically increase add a balls up to the max of 6. Plus it will also automatically upgrade midnight madness and mothership multiball to 6 ball.

Aswell as adding this board you will need to add the extra optos to the existing trough boards and connect the extra control wires to them. The williams trough boards have the spaces for these parts already they were just never populated, so its fairly easy. I will be including these as part of the trough upgrade kit.

#3943 3 years ago

With the support of Jim my RfM is now successfully updated to Version 2.21.
I had placed the Updater in a folder on my desktop.
The foldername included some spaces in the name.
Also i had changed the home folder with the updates from my documents to the folder of the Updater.
Because of these things the update couldn't unzipped by the updater.
So therefore leave the folders as they are.

Thanks again Jim for his support

Greets from germany
Jürgen

IMG-20200714-WA0008 (resized).jpegIMG-20200714-WA0008 (resized).jpeg
#3944 3 years ago

Ok so I moved my RFM like 4 feet to a different wall and now it looks like my monitor no longer is showing the color red? What the hell could I have possibly done by moving the pin like 4 feet?

#3945 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Yes the forthcoming v2.22 update supports the new trough expansion and will automatically increase add a balls up to the max of 6. Plus it will also automatically upgrade midnight madness and mothership multiball to 6 ball.
Aswell as adding this board you will need to add the extra optos to the existing trough boards and connect the extra control wires to them. The williams trough boards have the spaces for these parts already they were just never populated, so its fairly easy. I will be including these as part of the trough upgrade kit.

Can't wait! Please put me on the list for this kit as soon as available!

#3946 3 years ago
Quoted from DrWaz:

Ok so I moved my RFM like 4 feet to a different wall and now it looks like my monitor no longer is showing the color red? What the hell could I have possibly done by moving the pin like 4 feet?

Leave it off for a day and try again. If that doesn't work check for cracked solder joints on red pot.

#3947 3 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Leave it off for a day and try again. If that doesn't work check for cracked solder joints on red pot.

Thanks, it reset itself. All good now.

#3948 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

[quoted image]

what is your code idea behind having two extra balls in the game?

#3949 3 years ago
Quoted from Dexje:

what is your code idea behind having two extra balls in the game?

Maxing out the trough to 6 balls will give the game more options on add a ball and certain multiball starts as mentioned previously.

Quoted from applejuice:

#3950 3 years ago

I'm trying the myPinballs updater on my mac and it only shows the incoming bluetooth connection. I have a Macbook Pro with USB 3, so it's going from USB 3 port -> Hub -> USB 2 serial adapter (lights up, so it at least has power) -> Null modem cable. I know at least the Null modem cable works because I've used it to update from an old Windows XP machine. I'd prefer not to have to dig that out though, so I was hoping to use my Mac. Will I only see the serial connection if I purchase a license?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, MO
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals
There are 6,669 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 134.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/79?hl=mrmikeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.