IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 135.
#3851 3 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

Hello everyone. Im hoping someone can just verify my thoughs are correct before I try to update my RFM to 2.21.
Ive got a very stock RFM Machine(original computer and all). I have previously updated the code on this machine using an old computer and null modem db9 cable and the existing pb2k update program(I think I got it off planetary pinballs website). Can I just download the latest 2.21 code from mypinballs.com and using the same computer and cable setup as before, update my game to 2.21?
Thank you for the help,
-Tom

Yes. That is exactly what I do.

#3852 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Yes. That is exactly what I do.

excellent. Thank you! Also just use the same program as I did 2 years ago when I updated?

#3853 3 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

excellent. Thank you! Also just use the same program as I did 2 years ago when I updated?

Yes. I've always used the same old P2K Update Manager. If you're using the same old computer you used before, you should be fine.

#3854 3 years ago

Finally had time to install the shaker, fit perfectly without any interference. Brings a whole new element to gameplay that was definitely missed. Love it!

20200611_123921.jpg20200611_123921.jpg20200611_123913.jpg20200611_123913.jpg20200611_120723.jpg20200611_120723.jpg

#3855 3 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

Hello everyone. Im hoping someone can just verify my thoughs are correct before I try to update my RFM to 2.21.
Ive got a very stock RFM Machine(original computer and all). I have previously updated the code on this machine using an old computer and null modem db9 cable and the existing pb2k update program(I think I got it off planetary pinballs website). Can I just download the latest 2.21 code from mypinballs.com and using the same computer and cable setup as before, update my game to 2.21?
Thank you for the help,
-Tom

you should check the fans on that original computer

#3856 3 years ago

Yes,you can just repeat the process using the newer version of the updated apple juice code.

#3857 3 years ago

New RFM member. Picked it up about a week ago. Look forward to sifting through all the great thread content!!

#3858 3 years ago

Well, lockdown is good for some things! My new pinball 2000 updater program Version 1.0 is now completed and about to go to my beta testers

Some pics of what you have to look forward to. Will run on any modern os, mac, linux or windows. I'm going to be asking for a small fee (around £20) for access to the features with this program. All proceeds will go back into the dev fund pot for more rfm features and pin2k updates.

Screenshot 2020-06-13 09.17.16 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-06-13 09.17.16 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-06-12 23.48.29 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-06-12 23.48.29 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-06-13 10.44.12 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-06-13 10.44.12 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-06-13 10.28.48 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-06-13 10.28.48 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-06-13 10.44.38 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-06-13 10.44.38 (resized).pngIMG_6574 (resized).JPGIMG_6574 (resized).JPGScreenshot 2020-05-22 18.57.01 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-05-22 18.57.01 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-05-22 19.44.28 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-05-22 19.44.28 (resized).png

#3859 3 years ago

Also, if anyone wants leads to use with the new update system, i will be providing sets to having worked out the best ones for reliable updates. Still working out costs but hopeful around £25 plus postage each.

#3860 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Well, lockdown is good for some things! My new pinball 2000 updater program Version 1.0 is now completed and about to go to my beta testers
Some pics of what you have to look forward to. Will run on any modern os, mac, linux or windows. I'm going to be asking for a small fee (around £20) for access to the features with this program. All proceeds will go back into the dev fund pot for more rfm features and pin2k updates.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’d love to give this a test run for you if you need anymore beta testers.

#3861 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’d love to give this a test run for you if you need anymore beta testers.

And I'd love to have Jim give this a test run for you as well! : )

#3862 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

you should check the fans on that original computer

I replaced the cpu and PS fans when I got the game.

I got the update installed. How do you select party modes?

#3863 3 years ago

Wondering is someone can point me in the right direction. I have been cursing myself all day. I spent the weekend doing a top end tear down. I finished and one pop bumper wasn't working. So I kept adjusting the leaf switch. Well, the last adjustment some idiot left the tool on the leaf switch. I turned the machine on and started seeing smoke from some of the light sockets I had LEDs in. I shut the game off, lifted the playfield and the tool was sitting across the leaf switch (white and red wires) and grounded to the coil on the pop bumper (brown and white wire). I removed the tool, turned the game back on and some of the insert LEDs started smoking so I shut it off. I am thinking I fried some transistors but not sure.

Any input for this fool would be appreciated.

#3864 3 years ago

Well, I found 16 bad transistors and 2 resistors. Not sure why transistors burnt when what I shorted was a pop bumper coil. I will order parts, repair and hope this is all I did to it.

#3865 3 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

I got the update installed. How do you select party modes?

From the service menu options then reboot game

#3866 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

From the service menu options then reboot game

Oh, I set them both on in the menu and thought I could like select them before I started playing a game but nothing was happening. So you just turn them on, then reboot, then they are active till you go into the menu and turn them off and reboot again?

#3867 3 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

Oh, I set them both on in the menu and thought I could like select them before I started playing a game but nothing was happening. So you just turn them on, then reboot, then they are active till you go into the menu and turn them off and reboot again?

Yep

#3868 3 years ago

Update lead sets are now avialable. The recommended ones for the upcoming software updater release. £28 plus shipping. Includes leads for original and pinbox updating

#3869 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Update lead sets are now avialable. The recommended ones for the upcoming software updater release. £28 plus shipping. Includes leads for original and pinbox updating

Where? There's nothing on your website...

#3870 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Where? There's nothing on your website...

Pm me for an invoice, I’ve not added it to my site yet

#3871 3 years ago

Update on RFM code. There will be another update out soon v2.22. This is a smaller 'bug' fix update that will fix a few of the minor bugs reported to me over the last few months. As you can image as extended play occurs i can build up a better picture of any bugs or items that need a tweak, though my beta testers always do a great job. The main issue fixed is detailed below.

Issue: a ball draining at mode completion instead of locking behind the up post caused the game to fail to eject a ball to continue play. After a ball search the ball was ended before issuing a new ball and incrementing the ball in play count.

Reason: During our updates of the game code, work was done to improve the auto launching of the ball from the trough on ball saves to speed up play, add additional audio and avoid having to manually press the launch button unnecessarily. An older ball save class was still in use for the scene completion processes and not linking correctly to the updated ball save classes.

New updated process: If a ball drains in this manner after a scene completes the ball saved message will appear, any ball save speech calls will be ignored so game completion speech continues, then once the new scene starts a ball will be ejected from the trough and auto launched into play. Nice and seamless

#3872 3 years ago

A few questions for owners. Please answer with your thoughts. I am working through some other reported 'bugs', though some of these are not bugs more feature discussions.

1) Should a hurry up be carried over to the next scene if it isn't collected when the mode completion shot is hit? Or should it be cancelled and you lost it if you didn't collect it before completing the mode?? My thought is the hurry up should be lost.

2) Should drunk flippers continue into a bonus wave multiball if you choose to play martian happy hour last in the red scenes and if you start martian attack whilst in martian happy hour or be reset always? My thought here is if the drunk flippers setting is on then you should get other modes as drunk to whilst in martian happy hour. This means you have to think carefully about what to shoot for and the order of modes if you have the setting on. Once you move onto another colour set the flippers should return to normal.

#3873 3 years ago

Drunk mode should not be in effect for multiball.
Either end it or "stop it" until multiball is complete and resume.

#3874 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Drunk mode should not be in effect for multiball.
Either end it or "stop it" until multiball is complete and resume.

Agreed.

#3875 3 years ago

Great news re. the bugfix!

1) I would prefer it to carry over
2) What Zitt said (preferrably the option to temporarily pause it for multiball)

On a more general topic: would it be possible to have all the new features you implemented like behaviour of flippers, Hurry-Up carrying over, Ant&Spider, no. of balls during multiball etc. as individual options in the menu so that everybody can set each of those to their personal liking?

#3876 3 years ago

Ok, lets have everyone show me the led job they have done on their Revenge. Need some inspiration.

#3877 3 years ago

1) loosing Hurry up after mode end is ok.
2) Normal Flipper if Happy Hour is canceled. No drunken Mars Attackers allowed! Nah!! - You can ruin 30min game by a drunken shot that starts mars attack...
thats makes no fun and sense at all...

3) (!) Set extra Ball reward for rockets collected lower cause with the new rocket rule its to hard to earn that!

In my opinion point based Extra Balls like RfM gives are not satisfying compared to "shot reward" extra balls.
I have disabled them since i got that pin. But that makes it realy hard to reach endgame. But thats how i like pinball.

Maybe you can think about giving a chance to turn gameplay in a sate without the need for point based extra balls. Like getting them with rockets, stroke of luck, hitting hurry up 3 times, killing 25 marsianer, 3 Hypnos etc. Not give them just after fullfill the task . Take the way with: Extra Ball lit and then hit SOL to collect. That makes players smile ! Just an idea...

Yo do an amazing job with the RfM. Hopefuly you insert your SWEP1 playfield and remove some JarJarBings and give it more Darth Maul.

#3878 3 years ago
Quoted from DrWaz:

Ok, lets have everyone show me the led job they have done on their Revenge. Need some inspiration.

I'm actually planning to go back to incandescents. I think some of the lighting effects likely look better.

I don't like what the previous owner did to mine... colored LEDs in a bunch of GI areas make things just too hard to see.

I've never seen one with original hardware; would like to see.

If I buy incandescents, is there a recommended type these days? All the guides are about putting in LEDs.

#3879 3 years ago

Hi applejuice,

during Secret weapon the coins you are shooting at do not dissapear in the middle and when ending the level you never know if you have collected the saucer light with 7 of 7.

for me as a beginner the reversed flippers (drunk flippers) are already too difficult to recieve a saucer light. A multiball or attack mars with reversed flippers would be a nightmare for me

Tanks for all your updates and implementations, but it would also be great to be able to deactivate or modify new features, so that everybody can personalize his RFM.

I also like the idea of dekilla to collect extraball not just with 9 rockets and SOL....

Greets,
Berni

#3880 3 years ago

johnstewart all original

6A5ECC1C-CBFD-461B-BC36-C32171C4001B (resized).jpeg6A5ECC1C-CBFD-461B-BC36-C32171C4001B (resized).jpeg
#3881 3 years ago

I vote enable/disable for features whenever possible (if it isn't too much of a headache or valuable memory space).

I agree on extra ball shots. Points is great, but it would be a great addition for some sort get "x" then hit "y" for extra ball.

I guess i didn't realize the coins in secret weapon were supposed to disappear. By that time Im just excited i made it that far and might make two or three more levels!

#3882 3 years ago
Quoted from berni_czerny:

Hi applejuice,
during Secret weapon the coins you are shooting at do not dissapear in the middle and when ending the level you never know if you have collected the saucer light with 7 of 7.
for me as a beginner the reversed flippers (drunk flippers) are already too difficult to recieve a saucer light. A multiball or attack mars with reversed flippers would be a nightmare for me
Tanks for all your updates and implementations, but it would also be great to be able to deactivate or modify new features, so that everybody can personalize his RFM.
I also like the idea of dekilla to collect extraball not just with 9 rockets and SOL....
Greets,
Berni

drunk flippers is just a setting. You can turn it on and off. It’s just an extra option for people

Secret weapon requires you make all the different move shots to get a saucer light

I suggest looking through the feature and standard adjustments carefully

#3883 3 years ago

I did note that the "Extra Ball" insert not gets lit in some of the light animations when the game is not in play mode (in 2.1 and 2.2 too).
Is this a general problem or only with mine?

Also another user did mention that the lights (animation) are faster in the demo (non) play mode.

Would also great to fix this in the next release if it is a general problem.

#3884 3 years ago

If you could also slow down the attract mode light show a just little to help savor and admire the show.

#3885 3 years ago
Quoted from mastercello:

I did note that the "Extra Ball" insert not gets lit in some of the light animations when the game is not in play mode (in 2.1 and 2.2 too).
Also another user did mention that the lights (animation) are faster in the demo (non) play mode.

Extra ball lights with the sweeps but not in the scintillation attract mode. It's not just you.

Not sure if was lit in the original software attract mode.

Agree that it's a bit fast, especially for folks still running incandescent lights (like me). They barely start to come on before they go off. It gives a very dim attract mode.

I suppose the setting for bulb check instead of being "ON/OFF" could be renamed to "LED bulbs - YES/NO". If yes then disable the check and have a fast attract mode. If no, leave the bulb check ON have a slow attract mode. something like that.. I'm not sure how complex that would be to code.

#3886 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

drunk flippers is just a setting. You can turn it on and off. It’s just an extra option for people
Secret weapon requires you make all the different move shots to get a saucer light
I suggest looking through the feature and standard adjustments carefully

I think what the OP is suggesting is having a way to indicate which shots have been made (or not made) on Secret Weapon. Right now you have to keep track mentally of which shots you still have to complete in order to get the saucer light.

#3887 3 years ago
Quoted from mastercello:

These are not ‘problems’ . For example the attract mode lamp show is faster by design like modern games just like adding the searchlight lamp show is a new addition

#3888 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I think what the OP is suggesting is having a way to indicate which shots have been made (or not made) on Secret Weapon. Right now you have to keep track mentally of which shots you still have to complete in order to get the saucer light.

Yes you do, though I will think about this

#3889 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Extra ball lights with the sweeps but not in the scintillation attract mode. It's not just you.
Not sure if was lit in the original software attract mode.
Agree that it's a bit fast, especially for folks still running incandescent lights (like me). They barely start to come on before they go off. It gives a very dim attract mode.
I suppose the setting for bulb check instead of being "ON/OFF" could be renamed to "LED bulbs - YES/NO". If yes then disable the check and have a fast attract mode. If no, leave the bulb check ON have a slow attract mode. something like that.. I'm not sure how complex that would be to code.

Dim attract mode??? Not on my game or anyone else as far as I know. And I use normal bulbs not leds . Is your game restored or as is?

#3890 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

These are not ‘problems’ . For example the attract mode lamp show is faster by design like modern games just like adding the searchlight lamp show is a new addition

Well these are not "real" problems, but a lamp staying dark in attract mode sure is not how it should look.
And with the "older" versions it was working as it should.

#3891 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Yes you do, though I will think about this

Yeah on most modern games you will have some indication of what shot remains to be hit, especially when there is a goal or a reward for hitting them all.

Having coins disappear once hit would certainly help, even though the outside loops don’t have coins.

#3892 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Dim attract mode??? Not on my game or anyone else as far as I know. And I use normal bulbs not leds . Is your game restored or as is?

The game is in the queue to get shopped. It is dirty. However it seems a bit dimmer now with the updated code because of how fast the bulbs turn on and off. It seems a LITTLE fast.

Personally I don’t care about the attract mode anyway lol.

#3893 3 years ago

Maybe incorporate a way to disable drunk flippers at the beginning of the mode. I leave them turned on and love love it but it kicks me ass every time, and if I get going on a serious run I'd like to be able to carry on with normal flippers. Almost without fail my reflexes eventually kick in and I press the wrong button.

#3894 3 years ago
Quoted from bbriese:

Maybe incorporate a way to disable drunk flippers at the beginning of the mode. I leave them turned on and love love it but it kicks me ass every time, and if I get going on a serious run I'd like to be able to carry on with normal flippers. Almost without fail my reflexes eventually kick in and I press the wrong button.

I say turn it off or suck it up buttercup!! It’s your choice to enable it.

If I’m in the mood to go far I start with happy hour. Just to get it out of the way. I usually fail miserably lol. My brain can’t do it. My gf can for some reason. Damn those people with artistic brains.

#3895 3 years ago

Some update info on v2.22 coming soon.

I decided to add a few new things as well as fixing a few minor bugs from various reports.

I've come up with another new feature to add the game which I have been thinking about for awhile. This one is called 'Power Drain' which is inspired form Dialed in's attack feature. See below for more details. It will be defaults as on in the settings with an option to turn off if you so wish.

The is no timeframe for this release. It will be once I am happy with it

Work in progress notes. This is NOT a final release.

Revenge from mars update notes

v2.22 RFM Update - Work in progress only

System - Reverted to original v1.5 Sound File
Scene - Fixed an issue where the ball save was broken for scene endings. Where the ball drains and is not held by the up post as the scene end runs.
Hurry Up - Improved graphics interaction with scene manager, especially at end of scenes where a hurry up is still running.
Hurry up - Now gets stopped when the scene ends if its not been collected and is still running
Happy Hr - Regular flippers are now restored if a multi-ball mode runs during this mode, pausing the happy hr mode
Happy Hr - Drunk flippers are resumed once any higher priority mode has finished (multi ball) modes. Possibly makes the games little more tricky, so player need to be alert!
Attract - Fixed a few missing lamps from the std twinkle effect
Power Drain - New Feature! Inspired from Dialed In. During Martian Attack Multiball certain shots must be completed in time otherwise the big martian will attack your flippers for a short period!!

XINA 1.34
System - Added new additional baud speeds new updater software program
Hidden Images - Removed some old images to make more flash ram space for game code updates and allow original computer systems to still receive the latest code updates

#3896 3 years ago

Power Drain sounds interesting, looking forward to give that one a go!

Would you consider to make your feature improvements individually selectable in the menu (would that even be possible?)?

#3897 3 years ago
Quoted from TazDevl:

Power Drain sounds interesting, looking forward to give that one a go!
Would you consider to make your feature improvements individually selectable in the menu (would that even be possible?)?

Everything that is worthy of a setting has a setting in the menu. I'm not overloading the menus with endless options as it just becomes a mess.

#3898 3 years ago

applejuice Thank you for all of your work on this! It's fantastic and truly valuable to the RFM community. Rather than a bunch of individual settings, have you considered a setting that turns back on RFM pre-updates? So when it is set to off, it will be the last software revision from Bally/Williams, and when it is set to on, it will be your latest work? Just a thought!

#3899 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me where this two prong connector from the prisim card goes, assuming it connects to the headers on the motherboard ?

Thanks

50F6D790-E996-45C9-9480-375D24461F3A (resized).jpeg50F6D790-E996-45C9-9480-375D24461F3A (resized).jpeg

#3900 3 years ago
Quoted from pfinny:

Can anyone tell me where this two prong connector from the prisim card goes, assuming it connects to the headers on the motherboard ?
Thanks
[quoted image]

Reset pins so prism can reset computer if needed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
7,500 (OBO)
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

There are 6,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 135.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/78?hl=berni_czerny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.