IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,719 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 135.
#3701 4 years ago

Does anybody know what is 'Martian Tank' mode about? I have never seen that mode, I only saw name of that mode in the beggining of picking Mystery mode

#3702 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

Does anybody know what is 'Martian Tank' mode about? I have never seen that mode, I only saw name of that mode in the beggining of picking Mystery mode

"Martian Tank:
This mode is pretty tough to complete. Basically there is a moving tank target with two martians sitting aboard on both sides. The object is to destroy both martians. Doing this will get you a Flawless rating. Good luck."

http://pinball.org/rules/revengefrommars.html
I didn't understand beyond trying to shoot for targets as the tank is close to them.

#3703 4 years ago

Thank you for letting me know!

#3704 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

"Martian Tank:
This mode is pretty tough to complete. Basically there is a moving tank target with two martians sitting aboard on both sides. The object is to destroy both martians. Doing this will get you a Flawless rating. Good luck."
http://pinball.org/rules/revengefrommars.html
I didn't understand beyond trying to shoot for targets as the tank is close to them.

Its always about going for the flawless option on any mode. Tank is another great mode that shows this game is alot more than just shoot up the middle

'Watch the Paint!'

#3705 4 years ago

Since I have never seen video of Martian Tank, does anybody know what music plays during it?
I saw that for other three mystery modes, music from other modes plays. Alien abducton music plays during Martian Aerobics, Mars knead women music plays during Martian Bowling and Tower Struggle music plays during Martian Autopsy

#3706 4 years ago

A few pics of the wip for the stats window, now with an edit window and an a way to enable and disable what you see on the main window. The full list is selected at the start and you can turn off and back on what you want. There will also be a print out option.

Screenshot 2020-04-25 17.43.53 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-04-25 17.43.53 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-04-25 17.44.08 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-04-25 17.44.08 (resized).png

#3707 4 years ago

Since I have never seen video of Martian Tank, does anybody know what music plays during it?
I saw that for other three mystery modes, music from other modes plays. Alien abducton music plays during Martian Aerobics, Mars knead women music plays during Martian Bowling and Tower Struggle music plays during Martian Autopsy

Secret Weapon

#3708 4 years ago

Thank you!

#3709 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

A few pics of the wip for the stats window, now with an edit window and an a way to enable and disable what you see on the main window. The full list is selected at the start and you can turn off and back on what you want. There will also be a print out option.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is there way to view sounds with P2K Software Updater, or just Audits and Adjustments?

#3710 4 years ago

anybody install pinbox lately?.......anybody want to help a brother out? Looks like the download links inside the python file in the install are no longer valid and can't get the roms. .............. pm me if you know where to find them.

Thanks

#3711 4 years ago

applejuice You are amazing!!! Thank you for all that you do! Breathing more life into this game was amazing enough, now a new updater - including Mac support!! Wow! THANKS!!

#3712 3 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

anybody install pinbox lately?.......anybody want to help a brother out? Looks like the download links inside the python file in the install are no longer valid and can't get the roms. .............. pm me if you know where to find them.
Thanks

Got it working,

Thanks guys.

#3713 3 years ago

latest pic of the audits window dev. Anything selected as disabled is hidden form the output window, but is still there for re-enabling

Screenshot 2020-04-26 12.26.08 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-04-26 12.26.08 (resized).png

#3714 3 years ago

new application icon, scalable

Screenshot 2020-04-29 11.00.39 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-04-29 11.00.39 (resized).png

#3715 3 years ago

Couple of update pics for the main application.

When you load the app and its not connected to a game you get a list of all update packages in your local folder (or a remote drive) with the machine name and the version listed. (The original software was blank until you connected to something.)

Screenshot 2020-04-30 17.31.39 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-04-30 17.31.39 (resized).png

When you connect to a game the list of available updates changes to only show that games specific updates.

Screenshot 2020-04-30 17.32.52 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-04-30 17.32.52 (resized).png

#3716 3 years ago

Options for printing out your chosen stats

Stats Window with print button

Screenshot 2020-05-01 23.04.37 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-05-01 23.04.37 (resized).png

Generated print output on right

Screenshot 2020-05-01 23.06.41 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-05-01 23.06.41 (resized).png

#3717 3 years ago

Also, i'm thinking about adding options to allow game software updates on pinbox machines using this app to, via the use of std crossover network cable. Does this sound like an option people like? It may be an option i add in a future update though.

#3718 3 years ago

Having the pinbox option sounds great. I still have the original computer, but it sounds like a great way to future proof updates as the game ages and people may need to switch to pinbox. This is awesome man!

#3719 3 years ago

Currently I have original computer installed, but I also have a spare Pinbox computer ready. This would really help for easier updating of Pinbox.

#3720 3 years ago

BTW, this game sounds great with a powered sub hooked up. There is plenty of low end information that the stock speakers don't put out. I tapped onto the speaker line with a Pinnovators Pinsub attenuator pcb.

#3721 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Also, i'm thinking about adding options to allow game software updates on pinbox machines using this app to, via the use of std crossover network cable. Does this sound like an option people like? It may be an option i add in a future update though.

It would be a great option, as not all people are confident with pinbox manual update procedure. It’s easy but not for everybody.

#3722 3 years ago

Can someone bring me up to speed on Pinbox? If I google it... I get some cool cardboard pinball machines... but no computers lol

#3723 3 years ago
Quoted from Giulio:

It would be a great option, as not all people are confident with pinbox manual update procedure. It’s easy but not for everybody.

I would welcome it as I can't get the manual process to work. Followed the video to the 't' but just stays on 1.6

#3724 3 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

I had one that had the exact symptoms you are describing. I did a cap kit, no change. Replaced the flyback and it was fixed.
https://www.repairfaq.org/samnew/tvfaq/tvfocdrift.htm

Where did you get your cap kit?

Also, where can I find an appropriate cable to use the upcoming software updater?

#3725 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Where did you get your cap kit?
Also, where can I find an appropriate cable to use the upcoming software updater?

I will be offering cable sets for use with the new updater program. I am currently testing various serial adapters to find the best ones, plus some cables for pinbox use to

#3726 3 years ago

Some new pics of the first pinbox connection and update options.

There is now a slide button to select original or pinbox hardware and some new options in the preferences window. When you select pinbox the connection options change on the main window but you still connect via the same buttons as with original hardware. Pinbox updates should be pretty quick as we are using a different update method here.

Screenshot 2020-05-06 18.50.29 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-05-06 18.50.29 (resized).png

#3727 3 years ago

I have discovered something that might be a bug (I am using version 2.21).
When you have martian multiball ready and you shoot stroke of luck and get payback time award it times out (ball stays in the scoop) and after payback time timeout the martian multiball starts.

#3728 3 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

When you have martian multiball ready and you shoot stroke of luck and get payback time award it times out (ball stays in the scoop) and after payback time timeout the martian multiball starts.

I have never seen payback time in RFM

#3729 3 years ago

Play better!

#3730 3 years ago

Will do!

#3731 3 years ago

Which version of software are you using? Payback time is available since version 2.10 according to the changelog.

#3732 3 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Which version of software are you using? Payback time is available since version 2.10 according to the changelog.

I don't have RFM.
I played RFM in one arcade back in February, it was 1.5 version I think.
I probably played it before 2.10 version was up

#3733 3 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Thanks for the message. Hmmmm, i will have to take look at that Possibly i need to update the sol award logic not to include/award payback time if martian multiball is ready.

I also need to improve a few things on the payback time graphics to. Already in the list and works. Payback time is a T2 homage if people haven't seen it yet or played it.

#3734 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Thanks for the message. Hmmmm, i will have to take look at that Possibly i need to update the sol award logic not to include/award payback time if martian multiball is ready.
I also need to improve a few things on the payback time graphics to. Already in the list and works. Payback time is a T2 homage if people haven't seen it yet or played it.

Thank you for your great work on the updates. I have achieved payback time a few times but failed to shoot at the left ramp in time to actually start it (I assume that is the way to start that mode).

#3735 3 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Thank you for your great work on the updates. I have achieved payback time a few times but failed to shoot at the left ramp in time to actually start it (I assume that is the way to start that mode).

Yep it’s left ramp then right ramp then left etc. Award increases each time you make it and resets the timer

#3736 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Yep it’s left ramp then right ramp then left etc. Award increases each time you make it and resets the timer

Thank you, I ll try harder next time to actually start the mode.

#3737 3 years ago

Hi everyone,
I recently picked up a RFM and after replacing the monitor and rebuilding the flipper mechs, ive got her purring. Having an issue however where half the PF lights are out., as well as the backbox light. The PF lights out are the leftside of the Mothership board, the top right side of the upper playfield. the 3 martian lights on the right side, 1 martian light on the leftside. A couple of others as well most likely.
I replaced a lot of the globes with LEDS and it made no difference.
When I do the on-screen test report, it keeps reporting the F112 is blown. I pulled the fuse out to test it and it tested fine. Replaced it anyway and no improvement and the test report keeps suggesting its blown. The test report is also reporting
F112 Fuse is blown (T5A)
DCS: checksum test failed (UPDATED FLASH)
Check lamp row 2B
Check lamp row 3B
Check lamp row 5B
Check lamp row 6B
Check lamp Column 3A
Check lamp Column 4A
Check lamp Row 1A
Check Lamp Column 8A
Check Lamp Row 2A
Check lamp Column 1B
Check lamp Column 2B
Check lamp Column 3B
Check lamp Column 4B
Check lamp Column 5B
Check Lamp Row 4A
Check Lamp Row 1B
17 lamp problems detected
This is my first Pinball 2000 machine, and my first "modern" style game, so very unfamiliar with this setup with so many lamp issues reported, not sure where to start?
The fact its saying that the fuse is blown, when its not - does that suggest its a board issue?
I removed J106 and it stopped some of the working lamps working, however it did nothing against the fuse being seen as blown issu

#3738 3 years ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

Hi everyone,
I recently picked up a RFM and after replacing the monitor and rebuilding the flipper mechs, ive got her purring. Having an issue however where half the PF lights are out., as well as the backbox light. The PF lights out are the leftside of the Mothership board, the top right side of the upper playfield. the 3 martian lights on the right side, 1 martian light on the leftside. A couple of others as well most likely.
I replaced a lot of the globes with LEDS and it made no difference.
When I do the on-screen test report, it keeps reporting the F112 is blown. I pulled the fuse out to test it and it tested fine. Replaced it anyway and no improvement and the test report keeps suggesting its blown. The test report is also reporting
F112 Fuse is blown (T5A)
DCS: checksum test failed (UPDATED FLASH)
Check lamp row 2B
Check lamp row 3B
Check lamp row 5B
Check lamp row 6B
Check lamp Column 3A
Check lamp Column 4A
Check lamp Row 1A
Check Lamp Column 8A
Check Lamp Row 2A
Check lamp Column 1B
Check lamp Column 2B
Check lamp Column 3B
Check lamp Column 4B
Check lamp Column 5B
Check Lamp Row 4A
Check Lamp Row 1B
17 lamp problems detected
This is my first Pinball 2000 machine, and my first "modern" style game, so very unfamiliar with this setup with so many lamp issues reported, not sure where to start?
The fact its saying that the fuse is blown, when its not - does that suggest its a board issue?
I removed J106 and it stopped some of the working lamps working, however it did nothing against the fuse being seen as blown issu

What software version are you running? The checksum dcs error is unusual

Second, have you checked the playfield and it’s not just blown bulbs or bad lamp holders confusing the test logic? Start simple. What’s the history of the game ie have you restored it or it’s just as is ex operated?

After that could be a driver board issue

#3739 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Second, have you checked the playfield and it’s not just blown bulbs or bad lamp holders confusing the test logic? Start simple. What’s the history of the game ie have you restored it or it’s just as is ex operated?

Thanks for responding, the table I have only had for one week and have very little history on it. The software issue I have no idea on, first time I have owned a pinball with software updates etc - will try to see if I can see it on the menu.

I replaced all the bulbs with LEDS and around 80% of the PF lights are not working. I will try swapping some over with globes again now to see if any change, but from memory there will not be.

The table seems to be in fairly original condition. no massive upgrades or restorations seem to be apparent.

#3740 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Ok, so turns out the LEDS was the issue - replaced them to bulbs and they are all working again. Kinda surprised this game was not made to handle LEDS, but that's pinball for you. Game is mostly playing well now, except for a slightly weaker flipper on the right. Left shoots like a jet, but right struggles to get up the jump ramp 9/10 times. Game is playing well enough though,very enjoyable!

#3741 3 years ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

Ok, so turns out the LEDS was the issue - replaced them to bulbs and they are all working again. Kinda surprised this game was not made to handle LEDS, but that's pinball for you. Game is mostly playing well now, except for a slightly weaker flipper on the right. Left shoots like a jet, but right struggles to get up the jump ramp 9/10 times. Game is playing well enough though,very enjoyable!

I’d get some better leds. Leds should work fine. The only problem with leds is the reporting for bulb broken doesn’t work in the test menu, I added a setting to disable this warning for led use in my later updates so it’s not an issue either now

#3742 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I’d get some better leds. Leds should work fine. The only problem with leds is the reporting for bulb broken doesn’t work in the test menu, I added a setting to disable this warning for led use in my later updates so it’s not an issue either now

AND be sure to update your software to the very latest - as created by applejuice it's highly likely your software is out of date!

#3743 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Yeah did try some other HQ ones & was still a bit hit & miss. Happy to stick to globes for now, have 17 machines which are all tag teaming me in requiring repairs etc. They are killing me slowly.....

#3744 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

AND be sure to update your software to the very latest - as created by applejuice it's highly likely your software is out of date!

Ok, will do. Have NFI how to do that but assume there is a video or somethinh in the manual. Thanks. Fun game !

#3745 3 years ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

Ok, will do. Have NFI how to do that but assume there is a video or somethinh in the manual. Thanks. Fun game !

So...couple ways - but I'm going to believe that the fupdate way (using aa WINXP PC) or using a PUB card is likely not going to be feasible (PUB is an easy way to do it, IF you have one or know someone that does) if not, best to wait for applejuice to complete his project to allow a USB to Serial cable and a WIN10 or Apple computer to do it....but the improvements he made to the code are outstanding - makes it a whole different pin!

#3746 3 years ago

LEDs were not really widespread use in 2000. Red/Green/Yellow were common; but blue and white came shortly after.
At that time; no one had any idea that RGB or White LEDs would become common. At that time; they had no idea "we" would put LED replacement bulbs in these machines.
I don't blame Pin2k for not advance designing "LED compatability". It's actually a pretty smart design detecting blown bulbs - tbh.

#3747 3 years ago

First of all: good job with all these updates and new features!

I updated to 2.21 yesterday and observed some unusual behaviour. Maybe somebody can comment on this and maybe some of these can actually be controlled by some of the new settings?

1. Alien Abduction - there still was a UFO active, stealing a car. Nonetheless, the skip ramp activated and I could end the mission which of course awarded no saucer light. I am pretty sure that on 1.5 the mission could not be ended before all UFOs either escaped or were destroyed

2. Martian Happy Hour - mission completed by hitting ball catcher, but the ball dropped back on the playfield and drained through the middle. No new ball was automatically issued after the video sequence ended (as was the case in 1.5, to continue the same one that just drained). The pin finally started a ball search and released another ball

3. This new ball should have been the continuation of the drained one, therefor Super Skillshot should not be active now. However, I could do a Super Skillshot when shooting the ball (I failed to check if the pin had wrongly increased the number of played balls -issued a new ball rather than replacing the drained one- or stayed on the current count)

#3748 3 years ago

Does anybody know which code version added ant and spider to Big o beam mode?
I saw them in one video where somebody plays RFM on 2.1 code version

#3749 3 years ago

They came with 2.0 afaik...

#3750 3 years ago
Quoted from TazDevl:

They came with 2.0 afaik...

Thank you for letting me know!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,719 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 135.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/75?hl=cabuford and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.