IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,707 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 135.
#3551 4 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Trying to change the BR2325 battery, the boards are stuck together pretty tight, is there a easier way to separate these other than brute force?

There’s a special williams tool. Don’t use a screwdriver unless you want a bust prism

#3552 4 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Trying to change the BR2325 battery, the boards are stuck together pretty tight, is there a easier way to separate these other than brute force?

There’s a special williams tool. Don’t use a screwdriver unless you want a bust prism

I’m in the process of making some 3D printed reproductions

#3553 4 years ago

I put some DeoxIT G5 contact cleaner in the two connectors and let it soak in for an hour, they came apart.

Quoted from applejuice:

I will take one when you get them ready, but hopefully I never have to touch the prism card ever again

#3554 4 years ago

While you’ve got it apart, move the battery holder to the other side of the PCB so you don’t have to take it apart again to change the battery.

#3555 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I will buy a few when you have them ready.

#3556 4 years ago

My RFM got a headphone upgrade in anticipation of MGC 2021! I added a splitter off of the PC sound board;one side is the JBL external speakers with sub-woofer behind the LCD screen, and the other side is a mini usb powered amplifier for the headphones. Sounds great and I cannot wait to share. Everyone be safe.

IMG_3870 (resized).jpgIMG_3870 (resized).jpgIMG_3867 (resized).jpgIMG_3867 (resized).jpgIMG_3876 (resized).jpgIMG_3876 (resized).jpgIMG_3874 (resized).jpgIMG_3874 (resized).jpgIMG_3875 (resized).jpgIMG_3875 (resized).jpg
#3557 4 years ago

So here it is. A newly remade prism card separator tool. With a keychain hole ready so its not lost!

£15 plus shipping wherever you are. This again helps support the development of more code as well as helping to keep my business going.

Contact me via pm for payment details. I will also be adding this to my website soon

Pic shows original williams tool at bottom of pic and my remake above at the top

gun lock sound roms - 1 (resized).jpggun lock sound roms - 1 (resized).jpg

#3558 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

So here it is. A newly remade prism card separator tool. With a keychain hole ready so its not lost!

£15 plus shipping wherever you are. This again helps support the development of more code as well as helping to keep my business going.

I'll buy one (I don't need one soon I suppose, but it's nice to support you and at the same time to have it 'just in case').
I just installed your 2.20 code, thank you so much for adding a lot! I have only played 2 games but I think I already heard some quotes I've never heard before, and I like that the game seems to be more complex now. I've never owned NIB, now I know what it's like when owning a game that gets a nice software update

#3559 4 years ago

One seperate post about updating the RFM prism card with a null modem cable and windows XP. Somehow I had seen very late that there was a new version of RFM, and after that, I had some defects, so my update is late, I know. About the update itself:

- I thought I might have thrown away my old null modem cable, but I found it. Sometimes it's good to keep stuff you think you'll never need again
- Most time went into getting an old pc to work and installing Windows XP.
- When updating, things went wrong somehow (I was in the other room when I heard RFM resetting, but there was an error message). Fortunately I could make a connection again and I chose to update only the game-files on a lower baudrate (I read somewhere that that was more stable...I didn't read that beforehand though). That worked well. I didn't have any sound though, even though all roms tested well and the updater said that the sound files were the same as already installed (it said that with the gamefiles as well). After updating the sound again, that worked well too, so now I have the new custom software on my RFM. Thank you so much Jim for all the new code!

#3560 4 years ago

When i did my update it failed the first time also, I think it was because the laptop went into screen saver.

I tried again to update and the next time i would move the mouse every minute or so ( to keep it from going into screen saver), and it went fine.

USB and windows 7

#3561 4 years ago

A new update for you rfm pinball fans stuck at home during this self isolation world wide problem. Stay safe and play some RFM!

There are 2 new high score champion scores to beat Saucer Light Champion and Multiball Ships Destroyed Champion and i have also added a request for operators to be able to clear credits on reboot. There is a new setting for this.

I hope to have this out in a few days. As always please consider donating again or for the first time if you use this software and enjoy receiving updates for old games.

v2.21

Update notes:

v2.21 RFM Update
Attract - Added new high score screen for saucer lights collected
Attract - Added new high score screen for saucers destroyed during multi ball
Saucer Lights - added monitoring and storage of saucer lights per player game for hs use
Multiball - added monitoring and storage of saucers destroyed per player game for hs use

XINA 1.33
Credits - Added a new setting to allow reset of the credits at boot
Credits - Credits are now cleared on boot if the setting is set

Some pics of testing

IMG_6366 (resized).JPGIMG_6366 (resized).JPGIMG_6361 (resized).JPGIMG_6361 (resized).JPGIMG_6367 (resized).JPGIMG_6367 (resized).JPGIMG_6363 (resized).JPGIMG_6363 (resized).JPG

#3562 4 years ago

2026??

now is this 2038 safe?

#3563 4 years ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

When i did my update it failed the first time also, I think it was because the laptop went into screen saver.

I'll surely disable the screensaver next time!

Another update coming, wow, thanks!

#3564 4 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I'll surely disable the screensaver next time!
Another update coming, wow, thanks!

And just a reminder about purchasing - or reasonably just borrowing- a PUB card to perform your software upgrades - the process is SO simple and takes about 90 seconds to complete!

#3565 4 years ago

Suggestion for a possible rule:

Is it an idea to start Bonus Wave multiball with 2 balls if you have 0 flawless modes, and with 3 balls if you have 1 or 2 flawless modes and with 4 balls if you have all 3 modes flawless? You can already 'earn' add a balls, but starting with more balls would be an extra short-term motivation for finishing modes flawless.

#3566 4 years ago
Quoted from sven:

Suggestion for a possible rule:
Is it an idea to start Bonus Wave multiball with 2 balls if you have 0 flawless modes, and with 3 balls if you have 1 or 2 flawless modes and with 4 balls if you have all 3 modes flawless? You can already 'earn' add a balls, but starting with more balls would be an extra short-term motivation for finishing modes flawless.

Maybe, i changed the bonus wave modes to start with 2 and then earn your additional balls, instead of 4 ,as 4 was just too easy to complete it. I actually think having to fill up the ship twice make be better before your get mothership multiball

#3567 4 years ago

my RFM is sold so I am attempting to go through and catalog all of the NOS parts that I have
I am giving the buyer of the machine first crack at everything but one thing that he doesn't want is the complete ball catcher assy.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-22992

complete and brand new, the asking price is $400 plus shipping
I also have 3 NOS prism card separators. the price for those is $15ea shipped within north America

pm for details

#3568 4 years ago

Curious, noticed this saucer always moves when the ball is on the ramp, so checked it out. Is this just a normal green plastic strobe cover or do I need an entire saucer? ( I assume it's just a normal strobe cover but figured I'd ask)

20200403_114231.jpg20200403_114231.jpg
#3569 4 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Curious, noticed this saucer always moves when the ball is on the ramp, so checked it out. Is this just a normal green plastic strobe cover or do I need an entire saucer? ( I assume it's just a normal strobe cover but figured I'd ask)

It's a normal green flasher dome that gets glued to the saucer.

#3570 4 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

It's a normal green flasher dome that gets glued to the saucer.

Thank You!

#3571 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

2026??
now is this 2038 safe?

Firstly, think about the new features not about the fact i forgot to set my time!

Secondly, the RTC comes from the motherboard clock and supports dates upto 2079. The starting date is 1994. So its not going to be a problem in 2038, even though this is a 32bit system. Plus its not like you'll be doing your business accounts on an old arcade machine is it.

IMG_6378 (resized).JPGIMG_6378 (resized).JPG

Also, The xina system itself creates a TimeStamp structure that actually support years upto 9999, but loads the RTC value from the motherboard as a system time object.

And any software updates are not going to effect any of this stuff as its set for everything, even v0.98

In summary relax!

#3572 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Also, The xina system itself creates a TimeStamp structure that actually support years upto 9999

Omg, this means the game will fail @ year 10 000 !!!1111oneone We need a fix asap

Also, thanks for all your work sofar on this game.

#3573 4 years ago

Ok, one more question, this regarding Shaker installation. The harness instructions say to use J111, but my J111 is in use? So I use J110? (I assume my lighted saucer mod is powered by the plug currently in J110). Are J110 and J111 essentially the same?

Edit: Disregard, post #2971, they are the same, sorry.
20200404_091700.jpg20200404_091700.jpg

#3574 4 years ago

Ok, one more question, this regarding Shaker installation. The harness instructions say to use J111, but my J111 is in use? So I use J110? (I assume my lighted saucer mod is powered by the plug currently in J110). Are J110 and J111 essentially the same?
[quoted image]

Hi, as you found out j111 and j110 are the same. For purity the official WMS connector should be in j110 as per the manual. The auxiliary one in j111.

#3575 4 years ago

Some new colours turquoise and purple

0BAD0F4E-F798-4E89-AF65-7584C127732F (resized).jpeg0BAD0F4E-F798-4E89-AF65-7584C127732F (resized).jpegDEE3064F-1737-409F-B7E1-1CA1FB5405F0 (resized).jpegDEE3064F-1737-409F-B7E1-1CA1FB5405F0 (resized).jpeg
#3576 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Hi, as you found out j111 and j110 are the same. For purity the official WMS connector should be in j110 as per the manual. The auxiliary one in j111.

Thanks! Just sent Paypal your way for your harness, was going to build my own but figured I'd rather support your effort.

Thanks Again for the great work!

#3577 4 years ago

I posted earlier but got no reply. How do you reprogram the PUB card? I bought one with a much earlier revision of Applejuice's software. I would love to keep it current, but it makes no sense to pop for a new PUB card every time there is an update.

Thanks.

#3578 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I posted earlier but got no reply. How do you reprogram the PUB card? I bought one with a much earlier revision of Applejuice's software. I would love to keep it current, but it makes no sense to pop for a new PUB card every time there is an update.
Thanks.

There are couple folks on Pinside that update the card for a reasonable fee (like <$25)....WhiskeyTango is whom I've used.....if you know a couple RFM folks near you - you can go in together to get the update.....

#3579 4 years ago

Anyone have an idea on why a fuse status led wouldn't be lit when the fuse is good and has voltage?

#3580 4 years ago

[quoted image]

That blue cable is really stretched, I would be afraid it coming loose at the socket. Why not just skip the first cable clip and let it slack a bit...

#3581 4 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

That blue cable is really stretched, I would be afraid it coming loose at the socket. Why not just skip the first cable clip and let it slack a bit...

Yea, I noticed that. I fixed that after I took the pic, wasn't installed by me.

#3582 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Thanks.

Just use a windows computer to update it if you don't want to pay for the pub card updating. There's plenty of documents online on how to use the fupdate command with windows 10.

Also i may create a new pinball 2000 updater program for windows 10 if there is interest. Or a virtual box image for xp and the old software preinstalled.

#3583 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Thanks.

- The only way to re-flash the PUB card is with a computer that has an ISA slot and a particular program.
- To update you game without a PUB card, use null modem method.
https://brianpeek.com/pinball-2000-software-update-with-windows-7-x64/

#3584 4 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

- The only way to re-flash the PUB card is with a computer that has an ISA slot and a particular program.
- To update you game without a PUB card, use null modem method.
https://brianpeek.com/pinball-2000-software-update-with-windows-7-x64/

Off topic, but curious if you also own this shirt?

https://www.gruntstyle.com/collections/men/products/wtf-ii

#3586 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Just use a windows computer to update it if you don't want to pay for the pub card updating. There's plenty of documents online on how to use the fupdate command with windows 10.
Also i may create a new pinball 2000 updater program for windows 10 if there is interest. Or a virtual box image for xp and the old software preinstalled.

Both of these things sound very nice 'quality of life' improvements. I would love to see you do this.
But the work involved might outweigh the few number of people who would benefit or be willing to donate for the cause.
Pinsiders are cheap bastards until we're asked to pay $300 for glass or $400 for a $50 LCD display.

#3587 4 years ago

Well time to shop mine out finally. The upper PF area I don't think was ever touched! Dirty. I also never seen all the pop bumper skirts wrecked like on this game. Is that common for this one? All the years I've been doing this I don't think I ever replaced a skirt because it was all chewed up like these. I had to install 2 new light harness's as well since I had to cut off the solid ones it came with. Time consuming job that's for sure. Should play nice and fast when I'm done. I did a mini shop and led treatment when I bought this one 2 years ago but never got into the upper PF. Just some busy work while we are all trapped in the house. I'm using my Harbor Freight cart works awesome for doing this. I can work under and on top of the PF at the same time. I also discovered one of the targets was missing! I found that floating around under the PF. Never even knew it was not in play. Any other tips or tricks shopping this one out feel free to share!

49736314488_eff8300928_3k (resized).jpg49736314488_eff8300928_3k (resized).jpg49737185127_8d3e45b13b_3k (resized).jpg49737185127_8d3e45b13b_3k (resized).jpg49740247898_08511fc842_3k (resized).jpg49740247898_08511fc842_3k (resized).jpg49740792666_a6f7434337_3k (resized).jpg49740792666_a6f7434337_3k (resized).jpg49741119152_e9531ff2a1_3k (resized).jpg49741119152_e9531ff2a1_3k (resized).jpg
#3588 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Both of these things sound very nice 'quality of life' improvements. I would love to see you do this.
But the work involved might outweigh the few number of people who would benefit or be willing to donate for the cause.
Pinsiders are cheap bastards until we're asked to pay $300 for glass or $400 for a $50 LCD display.

If i was in this for a cash grab then i wouldn't have started, as you have to put in 1000's of hours to make decent updates to old long forgotten hardware and pinball games!!!!

Buts it is good to get donations for the cause when new releases are out, ie each time, so for anyone using my software please do donate, you never know what else will be included and given away I think i've shown what can be done and given back when you try hard and have passion.

#3589 4 years ago

Here it is: v2.21. Download from https://mypinballs.com and click donate

Update notes

v2.21 RFM Update

Attract - Added new high score screen for saucer lights collected
Attract - Added new high score screen for saucers destroyed during multi ball
Saucer Lights - added monitoring and storage of saucer lights per player game for hs use
Multiball - added monitoring and storage of saucers destroyed per player game for hs use
Multiball - fixed a bug where some ship destroyed shots would not shake the shaker

XINA 1.33
Credits - Added a new setting to allow reset of the credits at boot
Credits - Credits are now cleared on boot if the setting is set
System - Added some new colour definitions - Purple, Turquoise, Brown

Enjoy, and stay safe inside

rfm_v221_update_splash (resized).jpgrfm_v221_update_splash (resized).jpg

#3590 4 years ago

Also, in the works...

The plan/mission being to make a brand new pinball 2000 software update program wrapper for fupdate cross platform completely from scratch that will run on any hardware i.e windows, mac os or linux. Will still be connecting to the original hardware via serial as we are fixed at the pin2000 game side, so usb to serial adapters will be needed still.

I also think there could be room for other tools to be added to it, but we will start here.

Screenshot 2020-04-06 09.35.00 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-04-06 09.35.00 (resized).png

#3591 4 years ago

Amazing work apple juice. I’ll have to get out the serial adaptor and do an update again

#3592 4 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Well time to shop mine out finally. The upper PF area I don't think was ever touched! Dirty. I also never seen all the pop bumper skirts wrecked like on this game. Is that common for this one? All the years I've been doing this I don't think I ever replaced a skirt because it was all chewed up like these. I had to install 2 new light harness's as well since I had to cut off the solid ones it came with. Time consuming job that's for sure. Should play nice and fast when I'm done. I did a mini shop and led treatment when I bought this one 2 years ago but never got into the upper PF. Just some busy work while we are all trapped in the house. I'm using my Harbor Freight cart works awesome for doing this. I can work under and on top of the PF at the same time. I also discovered one of the targets was missing! I found that floating around under the PF. Never even knew it was not in play. Any other tips or tricks shopping this one out feel free to share![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just make sure you have the proper rubber kit - there is an earlier post I made that discusses that and details what is needed - most, if not nearly all, kits are wrong....in fact I can tell you have the wrong kit - the giveaway is behind the diverter it's not supposed to be a post rubber, it's supposed to be a ring - the effect of that is the diverter sits more wide open - and helps to induce missed hits on the MRS'.....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/57#post-5008871

#3593 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Amazing work apple juice. I’ll have to get out the serial adaptor and do an update again

Went to update mine and realized I threw out the Windows 98 laptop I was saving just for updating, Doh. So, ordered a USB to Serial last night.

#3594 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Just make sure you have the proper rubber kit - there is an earlier post I made that discusses that and details what is needed - most, if not nearly all, kits are wrong....in fact I can tell you have the wrong kit - the giveaway is behind the diverter it's not supposed to be a post rubber, it's supposed to be a ring - the effect of that is the diverter sits more wide open - and helps to induce missed hits on the MRS'.....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/57#post-5008871

Thanks for the info. I actually didn't change that one yet. I got all new posts so I'm just pulling the post and adding new rubbers. I got the Marco rubber kit. I'm pretty sure no one ever shopped this one out so makes me wonder about that post behind the diverter!

#3595 4 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Thanks for the info. I actually didn't change that one yet. I got all new posts so I'm just pulling the post and adding new rubbers. I got the Marco rubber kit. I'm pretty sure no one ever shopped this one out so makes me wonder about that post behind the diverter!

The Marco kit is wrong/incomplete- like nearly all - just follow the link - it'll detail everything you need - it's amazing how many kits are wrong and incomplete - luckily - I had a friend that took teardown pics back in the early 2000's from his HUO RFM - and was able to confirm when I got mine...

#3596 4 years ago

does anyone know the name/part no. of the service item that allowed you to position it under the monitor with the P2K glass off and still view the monitor image? it looks like a piece of [reflective?] acrylic that sits just above the cabinet and is captured by the [rollers] of the cabinet head to stay in place

#3597 4 years ago

Clay just used the backside of the translite when he worked on mine

#3598 4 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Clay just used the backside of the translite when he worked on mine

That's smart. I remember reading that somewhere, now that you mention it.

#3599 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

does anyone know the name/part no. of the service item that allowed you to position it under the monitor with the P2K glass off and still view the monitor image? it looks like a piece of [reflective?] acrylic that sits just above the cabinet and is captured by the [rollers] of the cabinet head to stay in place

You just use the translite. It’s designed to fit underneath

#3600 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

That's smart. I remember reading that somewhere, now that you mention it.

It is shown in RFM promo video at 6:15.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (OBO)
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,707 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 135.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/72?hl=ieathands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.