Topic Stats

• 3,419 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Ricochet
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 769 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8EC8E9E5-82F4-451B-AE62-69C8990470BB (resized).jpeg
33015AD6-581D-4F41-B5E6-76109FF9C66F (resized).jpeg
WP_20191125_20_42_55_Pro (resized).jpg
IMG_2246 (resized).jpg
pinsidelighted (resized).jpg
PinsideOption 2 (002) (resized).jpg
RFM Update (resized).jpg
fatal error (resized).jpg
IMG_6461 (resized).JPG
20190513_194533 (resized).jpg
20190513_194151 (resized).jpg
20190511_194725 (resized).jpg
20190511_163228 (resized).jpg
rfm_v220_update_splash (resized).jpg
95 (resized).jpg
97 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3419 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 69.
#3401 10 days ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i should get a NULL MODEM cable next week, but what about this way :
install a HD in the P2000 computer, with an OS on it + the update software + code
connect a KB and /or a mouse
change boot startup sequence in the BIOS, start on the HD
launch the update from the HD
... !?

I've done it both ways....but damn is having and using a PUB card ever so easy and faster and less hassle...just some advice - own an RFM or SWEP1, own a PUB card....90 seconds of work and you are done...

#3402 10 days ago

Where can i find PUB cards?

#3403 10 days ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Hi all, new RFM owner!
I’ve got a wire that popped out of one of the connections in the back of the playfield, and I don’t have whatever piece crimps to the end. Can any one identify what I need from the pic?[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cheap-tool-for-removing-molex-100-and-156-pins

#3404 10 days ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Hey guys - I'm back to making repro MRS' - I took some time to work on a different MRS for the Creech whirlpool and just switched back to making repro MRS'.....let me know if you are interested - I'm putting a list together!....

Interested! if you can send them to france in a cheap way..

#3405 10 days ago
Quoted from BobBilbao:

Interested! if you can send them to france in a cheap way..

I've sent quite a few to Europe....they are always $15 USD.......whether it's 1 or 4....

#3406 10 days ago

Hey applejuice here's 3 modes my wife and I thought would be fun.

Countdown: instead of time based, you get "x"amount of times to press the flipper buttons to get as many points as possible. So say 10 flips on each flipper. If you use up all 10 on the right flipper it's dead and then you use the remaining flips on the left flipper until thats dead or the ball drains, whichever comes first.

Sharpshooter Martian Pindarts: use your awesome light programming skills to have a target flash. You get a bullseye if you hit it. You lose points if you hit another target first. The further away the target is from your shot that you miss, the more points you lose. So you could have awards, like the Sharpe Shooter award if you get 3 bulls eyes in a row without missing. Have the targets randomly cycle and stop to keep it challenging. A ramp, then the next one is the side middle Martian in the right bank of Martian targets, etc. You could even use the action buttons, the player "catches" the ball on their flipper and presses the action button to start and stop the cycling once they are ready. (Adds like a fun skill shot challenge stopping the light where you would ideally like it based on which flipper you have the ball stopped on!).

Martian Hangman/wheel of fortune: The game hangman/wheel of fortune, you guess a letter to the word every time you got up the ramp (it holds the ball while you make your guess). You drain the ball player 2 gets to try to solve the word (using the high score initial entry to save on the memory usage).

Added 9 days ago:

For hangman it would be the center ramp you aim for.

#3407 9 days ago

Also interested in using a pub card for the update..are any available out there? Would love to "rent" one and would be great if it was preloaded!!

#3408 9 days ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

Where can i find PUB cards?

Quoted from msj2222:

Also interested in using a pub card for the update..are any available out there? Would love to "rent" one and would be great if it was preloaded!!

I have some PUB cards left.

#3409 8 days ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

The more you know...
https://i1.pinside.com/7/ef/7efe1012c1cf8b2250aa3013dc081029b3ac53b7/resized/740/7efe1012c1cf8b2250aa3013dc081029b3ac53b7.jpg
That's a reference picture for the uninitiated. That being said, I am definitely interested in getting a backup set of these.

Thanks for the pic!

Do you know what areas these are for? I can't tell from the underside. I wonder if some of my MRSes are bad and this is why I get inconsistent results on ball detection in some lanes.

#3410 8 days ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

I am interested.
Are the card loaded with latest update?
Or how do i load it?

#3411 8 days ago

I have a PUB card with a past version of the RFM software update. Can I reprogram the PUB? If so, does anyone know where a tutorial is? I've searched Google with no luck other than a German YouTube video that I can't understand.

#3412 7 days ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

I would be interested, can you pm me info please

#3413 4 days ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Nope, not a post error - you can look a few threads back in this forum to read more about the MRS'....our RFM's contain 3 unobtanium switches known as magnetic reed switches (MRS) - earlier this year I reproduced them to make them available to owners of pins that had them such as RFM....CV, CC, SWEP1, NBAFB, SC & NGG....as well as I had made a custom MRS to fit on the Creech whirlpool - this eliminates the Cherry switch on the bowl to allow for a contactless motion in the whirpool (i.e. more spins!)....so I'm back to making a new batch of common MRS' (not to be confused with the custom Creech one) in the event someone with an RFM needs one!

how do I get in on this? I’ll buy 6.

#3414 23 hours ago

Got my first RFM, and have been looking up what I need to do, including looking at the game code updates ... anyone else running v0.1??? Hahaha

8EC8E9E5-82F4-451B-AE62-69C8990470BB (resized).jpeg
#3415 20 hours ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

anyone else running v0.1

Yeah... umm. no. Thankfully; I was running 1.5 prior to applejuice 's awesome update. I actually need to DL and install his Halloween update.

#3416 20 hours ago
Quoted from applejuice:

A question to RFM owners. Any more 'party mode' flipper options that people would like to see?

IDK if you're still taking requests... nor how "easy" it'd be...

But how about a two person "team" contest?
Where one person operates the left … and the other operates the right. at the same time. up to 4 "teams". Keep a high score table for "Team play". That could be one fun arse party game IMHO.

#3417 17 hours ago

I did the update yesterday. I've seen the party option but did not get how to activate them .

About party, i would be happy for a special mode called racing.
Like a timer starts and you have to shoot flashlights appearing, one after the other. It counts the number of gates that you would do in a specific time, like 60sec or 120 sec, unlimited balls. Then next player with the same sequence to shoot.
That would be great as all players would play the same time, avoiding the 'your turn last 40min, mine 40 sec' effect.

#3418 3 hours ago

Could someone post pics of their harness and couplers for the shaker motor? I am having trouble getting mine to work and I used the recommended setup from mypinballs and even separately tried using the included Stern board (I have the Stern rev b shaker motor). I enabled the shaker in the settings and I just get no output onto the shaker. Hooking up 12v directly to the shaker from a power supply gets it to move, so I'm having trouble figuring out how to diagnose what to do. Thanks.

#3419 2 hours ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Could someone post pics of their harness and couplers for the shaker motor? I am having trouble getting mine to work and I used the recommended setup from mypinballs and even separately tried using the included Stern board (I have the Stern rev b shaker motor). I enabled the shaker in the settings and I just get no output onto the shaker. Hooking up 12v directly to the shaker from a power supply gets it to move, so I'm having trouble figuring out how to diagnose what to do. Thanks.

Check your fuse. The output of the driver board may not have a protection diode which can cause the fuse to blow immediately.

The install instructions have been updated to include the installation of the diode.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 3419 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 69.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside