Topic Stats

• 3,280 posts
  • 302 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 749 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

fullsizeoutput_1096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5187 (resized).JPG
IMG_5186 (resized).JPG
307C63B0-0BE5-49B1-B33A-6B2AD2E70585 (resized).jpeg
01C52CE3-14FC-4A3E-9485-5CD55AD5EB51 (resized).jpeg
9C0524C0-12D6-42B3-ADE8-B2605DEEEEE9 (resized).jpeg
plastic (resized).jpg
86285329-2798-422A-ABC5-47CE2E16BA92 (resized).jpeg
40BD243D-55DA-4DEC-AE68-A26990CC9548 (resized).jpeg
E689FA49-FFEC-4F5A-92D9-F0DDED93F2D6 (resized).jpeg
5D202967-85DD-496F-8E4B-60C36D55A420 (resized).jpeg
7EE88401-402D-4507-A921-19B6C64241B7 (resized).jpeg
dbe57d45aa22edb5c0e6d818f277e7041600c018 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).png
15682158177854157783156976687482 (resized).jpg
20190911_102933 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3280 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 66.
#3251 15 days ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

Whoa.. this worked on original hardware without a sync adapter or CGA converter?

Quoted from mastercello:

Exactly, also it fits right into place...perfect dimensions!

Weird that it would sync down to CGA... the specs don't claim that. It is on this list though: http://15khz.wikidot.com/

#3252 14 days ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Weird that it would sync down to CGA... the specs don't claim that. It is on this list though: http://15khz.wikidot.com/

I have it installed in my RFM and it does work!

#3253 14 days ago

Shaker installed
applejuice I had to put a diode and a resistance like the classical stern or data east board, and it works perfectly well.
Before, any shaker activation was burning my fuse.

Thanks for this great addition

#3254 9 days ago

I received my new reed switch replacements from Sonic. They are great! They seem more sensitive than the original (the magnet seems stronger as well but might be just my imagination). Finally i can collect a saucer on Martian Happy Hour

#3255 9 days ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

I received my new reed switch replacements from Sonic. They are great! They seem more sensitive than the original (the magnet seems stronger as well but might be just my imagination). Finally i can collect a saucer on Martian Happy Hour

Thanks Mick! They are more sensitive - that's the main goal...when putting them together they go through a series of 3 sensitivity checks before they are considered good - last of which is hooked up to my Creech for final checks

#3256 9 days ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Thanks Mick! They are more sensitive - that's the main goal...when putting them together they go through a series of 3 sensitivity checks before they are considered good - last of which is hooked up to my Creech for final checks

sonic do you have any more available?

#3257 9 days ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

sonic do you have any more available?

I've been currently working on a variation for Creech's bowl - it's a form-fit solution to the bowl...I'm trying to get some of that demand out of the way - then back to the standard MRS....and working on mass-production avenues....

#3258 8 days ago

So are you ready for a Halloween Party?

New software version v2.2 coming 31st October 2019 all being well. Is about to go out to my beta testers..

Maybe you'll want to get some friends round to try out these new features, and maybe play at midnight to??
IMG_5186 (resized).JPGIMG_5187 (resized).JPGfullsizeoutput_1096 (resized).jpeg

#3259 8 days ago

Sweet. Really looking forward to it. Any patch notes we can take a sneak peak at?

#3260 8 days ago

This is fantastic, reversed flippers too !

#3261 8 days ago

Brilliant!

#3262 8 days ago

Brilliant!

#3263 7 days ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Sweet. Really looking forward to it. Any patch notes we can take a sneak peak at?

This is how it stands right now..

v2.20 RFM Update

Attract - Added mypinballs logo to software version screen
Attract - Added clock and date display with adjustments
Attract - Added midnight madness ready detection to clock display
Attack Mars - Lowered default champ score to 200mil
Scene - Added midnight madness ready detection
Martian Bombs - Added new playfield lamp effect to aid player when martian bombs are lit (using shooter lane GI lamps)
Midnight Madness - Added New Mode. Start a game close to midnight…
Tower Struggle - Added more shaker effects - To martian splats and saucer explodes
System - Fixed problem with optional martian lamps showing up in lamp test as broken
Bonus Wave - added new lamp effects for active wave using saucer and mode feature lamps
Bonus Wave - added new lamp effects to show global game progression during mode
Drive in Demolition - added More shaker effects to tank and car/truck weapons
Party Modes - New feature. Select special flipper options for party play
Happy Hour - Added new feature for ‘drunk’ flippers

XINA 1.32
Lamps - Add option to ignore lamp test. For use if LEDs are installed
Lamps - Added experimental RC charge and decay values for better LED lamp testing
System - Improved some Adjustment setting housekeeping
System - Added new menu item and infrastructure for Party Mode settings section
Flippers - Amended the logic for bad eos switch flipper retriggering as this conflicts now with a no hold party mode.

#3264 7 days ago

"No hold flippers" - meaning you won't be able to cradle a ball with this option on?

#3265 7 days ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

"No hold flippers" - meaning you won't be able to cradle a ball with this option on?

yes, party on!

#3266 6 days ago

That's so great !!

#3267 2 days ago

Just changed out the cpu fan on my RFM. When I power up should the fan come on immediately? I powered on for a couple of minutes but turned it off when the fan didn’t start.

#3268 2 days ago
Quoted from jgecmd:

Just changed out the cpu fan on my RFM. When I power up should the fan come on immediately? I powered on for a couple of minutes but turned it off when the fan didn’t start.

Pretty sure it should come on immediately. Mine does.

#3269 1 day ago

Mine too!

#3270 1 day ago

Yes, the CPU fan should be running all the time when on.

#3271 1 day ago
Quoted from jgecmd:

I plugged it in differently than the original fan. Plugged into the board (tried 2 spots) not pigtailed off the power supply. Should that make a difference?

#3272 1 day ago
Quoted from jgecmd:

I plugged it in differently than the original fan. Plugged into the board (tried 2 spots) not pigtailed off the power supply. Should that make a difference?

I've mine plugged into the board and it works. Has the fan ever run?

#3273 1 day ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I've mine plugged into the board and it works. Has the fan ever run?

It’s a new fan, so I don’t know for sure but will test it tonight.

#3274 1 day ago
Quoted from jgecmd:

It’s a new fan, so I don’t know for sure but will test it tonight.

This is the one I bought...works like a champ!
amazon.com link »

These need to be 3 pin type, non speed controlled fans. The yellow wire is a tach signal that the CPU may or may not choose to look at (in this case I don't think it gives a crap). So as long as its plugged in correctly and not obstructed it should just work. Make sure its not twisted or mounted funny, it doesn't take much to stop these things from rotating.

#3276 1 day ago

I bought a fan off ebay listed as a fan for rfm and it would not work so I put the working old fan back in and it started right up

#3277 1 day ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

This is the one I bought...works like a champ!
amazon.com link »
These need to be 3 pin type, non speed controlled fans. The yellow wire is a tach signal that the CPU may or may not choose to look at (in this case I don't think it gives a crap). So as long as its plugged in correctly and not obstructed it should just work. Make sure its not twisted or mounted funny, it doesn't take much to stop these things from rotating.

That’s the same fan that I installed.

#3278 1 day ago

Seems to be a defective fan. I put a 9v battery to the old fan, it fired right up. No response when testing the new fan. Oh well. Thanks for the help!

#3279 1 day ago
Quoted from jgecmd:

Seems to be a defective fan. I put a 9v battery to the old fan, it fired right up. No response when testing the new fan. Oh well. Thanks for the help!

Bummer.

#3280 1 day ago
Quoted from jgecmd:

Check the pinout.
The red should to positive and black to negative. Yellow is Tach and is unconnected.
I've run across a couple of fans … especially second hand which is wired incorrectly.
https://forum.level1techs.com/t/need-help-wiring-some-fans/101081/2
has a good description what it should look like... that said I have NOT confirmed on my RFM that mine is wired that way. Given its a standard mobo; it should be wired this way.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Boards
PCB Emporium
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
There are 3280 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 66.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside