IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,702 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 135.
#251 9 years ago

Bit of an update on my machine. FINALLY got the monitor problem sorted and machine is back to normal operation. The flyback transformer on the chassis was knackered and i got super lucky by picking up a NOS chassis board I've got a bunch of bits on the way, including, updater card from Rob @ Lockwhenlit (should be here in the next few days), some pretty cool looking target decals, and a spaceship topper (it's for an AFM, but i'm hoping i can still use it), the same saucer mod as Toucanf16, some modded martians and last but not least some Galaxian green T-molding to replace that yellow (i unashamedly stole/borrowed/copied that idea from Pinfidel ) I will post a pic or 2 when it's all attached.

1 month later
#252 9 years ago

New member here. I picked up a super nice one from NPO and I'm loving it so far. It's definitely not the deepest pin, but I love the look and it's amazing to play in the dark.

Added green super bands and ordered new legs and some other goodies. I'm also waiting on the RGB saucer mod from the UK. Also thinking of changing to green t-molding... Does anyone have pics?

#253 9 years ago

Pics or it didn't happen!!, and here they are >>> to revise :- Updated to version 1.6, some NICE target decals (although the set didn't include enough for all the targets more to be ordered), spaceship topper (which was super easy to adapt for this machine), those TASTY saucer mods (from pinsider applejuice), modded jiggling martians and the Galaxian Green T molding (which i thank Pinfidel for giving me the idea )

DSC00007.JPGDSC00007.JPG DSC00001.JPGDSC00001.JPG DSC00003.JPGDSC00003.JPG DSC00002.JPGDSC00002.JPG DSC00004.JPGDSC00004.JPG
#254 9 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

some NICE target decals (although the set didn't include enough for all the targets more to be ordered),

Where did you get those, and any other thoughts on them?
They look great!

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Where did you get those, and any other thoughts on them?
They look great!

From a guy on Fleabay (from the US), i quite like them, they are a tad oversize for the targets but i haven't had any issues so far. They are also thicker than most target decals but i haven't noticed any difference in the the game play (as far as weird bounce off the targets, etc). The only gripe is there wasn't enough decals in the set to do all the targets.

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Pics or it didn't happen!!, and here they are >>> to revise :- Updated to version 1.6, some NICE target decals (although the set didn't include enough for all the targets more to be ordered), spaceship topper (which was super easy to adapt for this machine), those TASTY saucer mods (from pinsider applejuice), modded jiggling martians and the Galaxian Green T molding (which i thank Pinfidel for giving me the idea)

Just seeing these most recent posts now.

Great job brothah! YW and I LOVE the Galaxian Green and the topper rocks too! I saw one on an AFM and it was super nice. No reason you can't implement it in on RFM.

I love how you did your machine all up. Target decals are cool too. Someone should design different ones for each target.

Again, great job and congrats!

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

From a guy on Fleabay (from the US), i quite like them, they are a tad oversize for the targets but i haven't had any issues so far. They are also thicker than most target decals but i haven't noticed any difference in the the game play (as far as weird bounce off the targets, etc). The only gripe is there wasn't enough decals in the set to do all the targets.

Just read this. One thing I HATED on RFM is how loud the damn martians are as they bounce up and down. If anyone else feels the same way, you can do what I did. Take a round, felt floor protector and stick it at the bottom of the martian mechanism. As it bounces, the martians hit the felt and it muffles the sound down really nice and low.

I love it now and if anyone else tries it, let us know what you think as well.

#258 9 years ago

Cool, thanks for the pics. I ordered the darker green, and I'll post some snapshots after installation. I'll try the felt trick too... Those damn Martians are loud.

#259 9 years ago

Got my RGB flying saucer kit today. Looks fantastic! I'll be selling the Bill Ung version soon.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#260 9 years ago

Price on the Bill Ung saucer kit?

#261 9 years ago

The Bill Ung RFM kit is $150 plus $15 shipping: www.ufopinball.com

If anyone is interested, I can do half that: $75 shipped

#262 9 years ago

Just played again for the first time in a while.

3rd game in, I got hold of one. Had my saucer lights filled before the second bonus wave multi-ball.
Attacked Mars on my last ball, set the Attack Mars champion score, set the martian kill champion mark, and got the CG score of just under 1 billion points.

This machine used to be set to 5 balls, but about a year ago I set it back down to 3 balls. Since then, I've attacked mars many times.

#263 9 years ago

tamoore:
you're not allowed to comment on RFM anymore since you sold yours (TRAITOR!!!)

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

tamoore:
you're not allowed to comment on RFM anymore since you sold yours (TRAITOR!!!)

I still got it, man. The sale didn't go through due to transportation issues, so I'm still in the club.

#265 9 years ago

ok, then I *guess* we'll let you stay in the club, but you'll have to go through the probationary period again!

#266 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The Bill Ung RFM kit is $150 plus $15 shipping: http://www.ufopinball.com
If anyone is interested, I can do half that: $75 shipped

Sold

#267 9 years ago

I picked up a Combo SWE1 and a RFM playfield recently, my RFM doesnt have the spotlights on the martians. Is there any easy way to add them?

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

I picked up a Combo SWE1 and a RFM playfield recently, my RFM doesnt have the spotlights on the martians. Is there any easy way to add them?

Are the light posts there? If not, go to MarcoSpecialties. In the search bar type in RFM and you can buy the posts as well as 2 pre-wired spot lights. Take the lights and screw them to the top of the posts (Buy the right post screws if you don't have any on hand) and then just run the wires down under the PF and solder them to the flashers that correspond to the martians. Then throw a zip tie around each post to hold the wires nice and snug to the post and you're done.

It's not to hard at all really and you should have it done in an hour.

#269 9 years ago

Merry Christmas to me....merry Christmas to me....meeeeeerrrrrryyyyyy christmaaaaasssss tooooo meeeeeeee...

I found this under the tree this am. I think a Martian may have crash landed .... I will find it a new home....!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#270 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

I bought my RFM less than a year old in 2000. It's the machine that sucked me into the hobby. It's one of the best machines of all time and I still have it.
I went crazy on it's restoration a couple years ago. Highlights include clearcoated playfield, chrome T-molding and a ridiculous amount of time spent on detailing. Cab decals are original and perfect. Take a look:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mike217/sets/72157627703941873/

Wow!!! Amazing auality work!!!

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Got my RGB flying saucer kit today. Looks fantastic! I'll be selling the Bill Ung version soon.

image.jpg 209 KB

I literally lost my bill ung saucers... That's what happens when you don't install a mod right away.

#272 9 years ago

^^ I just sold my old ones! Get the RGB saucers... nice build quality and they look great.

#273 9 years ago

the post office totally ruined my kit and I'm working with mr. askey to get a replacement kit. no beautiful saucers for the holiday season for me

#274 9 years ago

Installed my mod. It looks great. I highly recommend it.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#275 9 years ago

Of course I upload the wrong picture....

The correct photo for your pleasure.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-806.jpgimage-806.jpg
#276 9 years ago

New power supply installed, not sure what the added one was doing.....removed it and the original and nothing changed....except fan nice and quiet now. LEDS in looks good, question is I have some switches dead (outlane etc), what diode should I be getting here 1N4004? Now have replaced the defective cherry rollover switches, only dead switch now seems to be the Jet Exit opto(47). All other optos are functional so figure opto board is ok, going to replace the optos in that area this weekend. May order the updated board from Great Plains to put in too. First machine I've seen with so many dead switches, was this common on the 2000 platform?

2 weeks later
#277 9 years ago

I have a few more sets of RFM sling protectors for sale. These are laser cut PETG. I've designed them so they can be installed without having to pull the saucer light wires out. Price is $15 shipped per set.
I also have a used set of RFM slingshot plastics in decent condition (see pic below) that someone can add to their order for and additional $10.
And I have some NOS RFM key fobs. Again, +$10 each.

RFMplastics.jpgRFMplastics.jpg

Protector installed:

RFM_protector.jpgRFM_protector.jpg

#278 9 years ago

I can't believe the prices on some of the recent nice ones that sold. If I was local I would have scooped that one in Ohio and sold mine.

#279 9 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I have a few more sets of RFM sling protectors for sale. These are laser cut PETG. I've designed them so they can be installed without having to pull the saucer light wires out. Price is $15 shipped per set.
I also have a used set of RFM slingshot plastics in decent condition (see pic below) that someone can add to their order for and additional $10.
And I have some NOS RFM key fobs. Again, +$10 each.

Protector installed:

RFMplastics.jpg 40 KB

RFM_protector.jpg 237 KB

Matt's protectors are great. I have them on RFM and Episode 1.

Chris

#280 9 years ago

Well, I attacked Mars today and won. Score was just over a billion. Figured I'd get one quick game in before taking the kids to a birthday party and wound up with a 25 minute epic adventure. They were yelling at me to hurry up!

Since picking this one up, I've added RGB saucers, green t-molding, new legs, new corner brackets, green superbands, green spotlights, and lots of little tweaks... plus a cow tucked away in the corner.

#281 9 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of importing a RFM which will need a bit of a tidy up.

Main issue is that the original glass is not there....is it actually possible for a local glass company to reproduce the tinted glass...or any other solutions?

We are down in New Zealand so shipping a NOS piece here would be too costly...

Cheers!

#282 9 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Main issue is that the original glass is not there....is it actually possible for a local glass company to reproduce the tinted glass...or any other solutions?

The glass is a special reflective type which is available still (about $250-$300) depending where you get them from. You should be able to get them from a glass company but the price would still be comparable i would think.

#283 9 years ago

Esoteric_rt:
I'm not sure if you're planning a trip to that "other" island south of you any time soon (or what the costs involved would be), but I believe that mark c. at pinball spare parts australia still has some NOS sheets of pinball 2000 glass on hand.

I don't think that he'll ship, but if you can find someone locally making that "run" that would be willing to bring it back for you, that might be the best way to grab a sheet while you still can

#284 9 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'm not sure if you're planning a trip to that "other" island

It's one BIG island !!
but YEP Mark still has some in stock.

#285 9 years ago

Thanks everyone, at least I now know its not an impossible piece to obtain

Will have to wait on the final import figures and make a call

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Well, I attacked Mars today and won. Score was just over a billion. Figured I'd get one quick game in before taking the kids to a birthday party and wound up with a 25 minute epic adventure. They were yelling at me to hurry up!
Since picking this one up, I've added RGB saucers, green t-molding, new legs, new corner brackets, green superbands, green spotlights, and lots of little tweaks... plus a cow tucked away in the corner.

With all that new stuff it sounds like your gonna keep it for a while.

#287 9 years ago

^^ I have a wandering eye, and I always let a game go in better condition than I found it! ST is still on my wishlist

#288 9 years ago

Where are the RGB saucers sold?

1 week later
#290 9 years ago

Here's mine. Finally got my topper hooked up. I did a custom backdrop, and I think it came out pretty nice. Bought this several years ago as an undocumented HUO from a fellow pinsider. Custom bits include the topper, spinning saucers, lit alien eyes, and custom led's in the spotlights to give it a cool glow.

rfm1.jpgrfm1.jpg
rfm2.jpgrfm2.jpg
rfm3.jpgrfm3.jpg
rfm4.jpgrfm4.jpg
rfm5.jpgrfm5.jpg

2 weeks later
#291 9 years ago

I'm in the process of building a pc for a Pin2K game that is missing the original PC/Monitor/audio amp. I have the new computer/monitor working fine but wondering what my options are regarding getting the audio system to go through the existing speakers. I know the simplest way would be to use a Nucore Audio Amp but these don't seem to be available anywhere. I know there's another option of buying the original Pin2K audio amp and hacking it to include a 3.5mm jack to make it work. -this is likely the way I'll go but for the money I think there must be cheaper an better alternatives? Would it be possible to buy a nice 2.1 PC speaker set and use the sub to drive the speakers that are currently in the game?-or modify the pc speakers to fit into the game? Thanks,

#292 9 years ago

One more question, does anyone know where I can buy replacement head bolts (the kind with sleeves) for attaching the head to the body of a Pin2K game? -There should be four of them alltogether. thanks.

#293 9 years ago

I got my original computer working, so I haven't tried it yet, but it should work fine. I bought a car audio amp that you can plug into the computer. All of the speaker wires go to the original computer in the harness on the front. I found a cable with the same connector (I don't have housings or pins for the .62 stuff) so I can just plug into that and connect to the speaker outputs on the amp. Here is the amp I bought. It seemed like a pretty cheap solution. This amp is mentioned in other threads on here, and I don't think I have seen any complaints.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0070Z87YO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

#294 9 years ago

Thanks Nexyss! That's exactly what I was looking for. I just ordeed the amp and should have it early next week. I think I probably have the right Molex connections to make a harness as well. I'll update everyone once I get a chance to test it out.

Now I just need to track down some replacement headbolts.and figure out the best way to mount the new pc and LCD in the head. May try the official LCD bracket although it Mau be easy enough to make something myself. Any tips?

#295 9 years ago

I bought the bracket. It just seemed easier. There will be some space at the top or bottom of the monitor if you are using a widescreen LCD. I crammed a 24" in there that barely fit in the cabinet width wise, but there is still close to an inch of empty space vertically (I still have to adjust mine, so it could be two 1/2" gaps). The kit says it comes with black paper to cover that gap, but mine didn't. Not a big deal, but just be prepared to go to the store to get some.

#296 9 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I bought the bracket. It just seemed easier. There will be some space at the top or bottom of the monitor if you are using a widescreen LCD. I crammed a 24" in there that barely fit in the cabinet width wise, but there is still close to an inch of empty space vertically (I still have to adjust mine, so it could be two 1/2" gaps). The kit says it comes with black paper to cover that gap, but mine didn't. Not a big deal, but just be prepared to go to the store to get some.

Thanks. Does the 24" line up correctly with the playfield? I've got a 23.5" LCD I could cram to fit but was thinking I'd have to look for a 22" widescreen or a 20" 4:3 to make it look right? I just sent off an email to GLM to inquire about buying the bracket. I've seen other people come up with mounts using angle iron and other materials but the official kit will likely give the most professional looking results. I can use black foam core board to hide any gaps. I ordered the following holder for the CP to strap it to the top of the head.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BSN1TS/ref=od_aui_detailpages00
My PC is just a little Dell Optiplex 755 so this should be more than adequate. I'm still looking for the pivot bushing for mounting the cabinet to the head. Marco appears to be out:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4352-3

It does look like that Pinball Spare Parts place in Australia has them however, so I just may have to pony up an pay the shipping!

#298 9 years ago

Thanks! I think that's very close to what I need but I believe the Pin2K is quite a bit deeper since it has to go through both cabinets. The one you linked may work in a pinch though? Here's the one I need

pin2kpivotbushing.jpgpin2kpivotbushing.jpg
#299 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thanks. Does the 24" line up correctly with the playfield? I've got a 23.5" LCD I could cram to fit but was thinking I'd have to look for a 22" widescreen or a 20" 4:3 to make it look right? I just sent off an email to GLM to inquire about buying the bracket. I've seen other people come up with mounts using angle iron and other materials but the official kit will likely give the most professional looking results. I can use black foam core board to hide any gaps. I ordered the following holder for the CP to strap it to the top of the head.
amazon.com link »
My PC is just a little Dell Optiplex 755 so this should be more than adequate. I'm still looking for the pivot bushing for mounting the cabinet to the head. Marco appears to be out:
It does look like that Pinball Spare Parts place in Australia has them however, so I just may have to pony up an pay the shipping!

I have the LCD set to 4:3 mode, and it seems to be a little narrower than it should be. It doesn't quite line up with the shots. I haven't tried adjusting it yet. I am waiting for the game to get shopped right now, so I haven't been playing with it.

Please post back when you test the computer mount. I have the same computer you do. If my original computer dies again, I am going to have to try to figure out how to get pinbox to autostart, or get nucore if they ever release the new version.

#300 9 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I have the LCD set to 4:3 mode, and it seems to be a little narrower than it should be. It doesn't quite line up with the shots. I haven't tried adjusting it yet. I am waiting for the game to get shopped right now, so I haven't been playing with it.
Please post back when you test the computer mount. I have the same computer you do. If my original computer dies again, I am going to have to try to figure out how to get pinbox to autostart, or get nucore if they ever release the new version.

Thanks. I'll post back once I get the computer/mount installed and let you know how it works. The 755 is a good little PC and will work fine with Pinbox or Nucore. If you are having problems with autostart try putting the command in twice in the autostart.sh file as mentioned in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/linuxubuntu-gurus-please-help-me

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 85.00
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

7,500 (OBO)
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,702 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 135.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.