VBATT to RAM (resized).png
VBATT on main board (resized).png
Battery holder daughter board (resized).png
RFM errors (resized).jpeg
IMG_4498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0396 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 133.
#2901 4 years ago

Really stoked about this! Now im on the hunt for a RFM.

Shaker motor+new firmware, whats not to like?

Thanks AppleJuice for all your hard work!

#2902 4 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

Can't wait for the looms to be done so I can feel it in action!

Me 2!

#2903 4 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

Can't wait for the looms to be done so I can feel it in action!

Quoted from lurch:

Really stoked about this! Now i'm on the hunt for a RFM.
Shaker motor+new firmware, whats not to like?
Thanks AppleJuice for all your hard work!

Looms are paid for and the company is setting up the tooling to make them as we speak. We had to go through the process of getting a sample to check and then creating the bom etc. The sample worked perfect first time. Its taken a lot of time to get these into production, plus I'm mega out of pocket right now, but its the best way to get these manufactured on a scale that can meet the demands for everyone. Sales of them will feed back into the development of the software and help cover the costs of what's already been outlaid by my company in cash and time.

I'm hoping to receive the box of them in 2 weeks time. I'm also hoping there might be a few pics to share of them being made

#2904 4 years ago

Nucore experiment succeeding !

CC579480-BA6E-4C2C-9F9C-E5C53235A603 (resized).jpegCC579480-BA6E-4C2C-9F9C-E5C53235A603 (resized).jpeg Added over 5 years ago:

I ripped out that POS Seagate HD and put a 120G SSD... man this thing boots in a snap!!!!!

Added over 5 years ago:

Got this running on the machine... have some odd startup issues though. Not sure what is going on yet. If I setup for auto start it won't but if I directly launch it via terminal it does. I think there is an issue with the permissions on the scripts as they were installed by the package installer. Got a bit of digging to do.

Added over 5 years ago:

The problem with auto start and this installation is that the scripts are only executable by root. chmod 755 *.sh in the nucore/scripts directory.

Now I have one issue left ... it’s like the entire playfield is blanking out about every 10 ish seconds.

#2905 4 years ago

So my stroke of luck shot always just gives 1 million points. Anywhere in settings this could be stuxk? Thanks for any advice.

#2906 4 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

So my stroke of luck shot always just gives 1 million points. Anywhere in settings this could be stuxk? Thanks for any advice.

What version of software are you running?

#2908 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

What version of software are you running?

1.6 is what it says

#2909 4 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

1.6 is what it says

Possibly you have a tournament setting turned on, which will equalise the sol awards to dullness. Check the standard and feature settings in the service menu adjustments

and UPGRADE YOUR SOFTWARE ha ha ha

#2910 4 years ago

Well, midnight madness is now included Video of game play below.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Byc0TzRHKkY/

Scene Select changes near midnight with a well known phrase to alert you and also the attract clock changes colour
IMG_4194 (resized).JPGIMG_4194 (resized).JPG

#2911 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Well, midnight madness is now included Video of game play below.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Byc0TzRHKkY/
Scene Select changes near midnight with a well known phrase to alert you and also the attract clock changes colour
[quoted image]

Shiny

#2912 4 years ago

Awesome. The "Boom Shaka Laka" was cracking me up.

#2913 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Awesome. The "Boom Shaka Laka" was cracking me up.

Would be cool if you could put a "pause" feature ala twilight zone... For those that never have seen it... You cradle the ball with a flipper... Hit start or maybe the extra ball button.... And it holds the ball there until you release.... Always thought that was an awesome feature for home use

#2914 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Would be cool if you could put a "pause" feature ala twilight zone... For those that never have seen it... You cradle the ball with a flipper... Hit start or maybe the extra ball button.... And it holds the ball there until you release.... Always thought that was an awesome feature for home use

don't burn out an flipper coil with that. Coin door ball saver is kind of the same think. also I think on newer strens you can just enter the menu to pause the the game.

#2915 4 years ago

Dear @applejuice

thanks a lot for your great work on that machine-keep the spirit up!

Since updating from V1.9 to V2.1 I do get those messages in the diagnostics:

"check lamp 33A left rubber martian eyes" and
"check lamp 34A right rubber martian eyes"

Seems that is related to the feature mentioned there: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/49#post-4775799

I do use the original PC

Is there any feature to deactivate the "rubber martian eyes" in the adjustments?
Might have acitvated it by accident somewhere.
Have gone through them but could not find any.

Was wondering as no one else seems to "complain" about those messages yet?

thx a lot

20190611_211059 (resized).jpg20190611_211059 (resized).jpg
#2916 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

don't burn out an flipper coil with that. Coin door ball saver is kind of the same think. also I think on newer strens you can just enter the menu to pause the the game.

Not a problem at all for applejuice to implement ....you won't burn a flipper coil....since this isn't a Stern - not sure your suggestion is relevant - and I'm not sure what a coin-door ball saver is in your reference...either way - a game pause ala Twilight Zone would be easy to implement and a fantastic feature - I've got kids - can't tell you how many times I wish I could have paused the game....

#2917 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Possibly you have a tournament setting turned on, which will equalise the sol awards to dullness. Check the standard and feature settings in the service menu adjustments
and UPGRADE YOUR SOFTWARE ha ha ha

That did it! turning off tourney mode has made the game more fun as well.

#2918 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

you won't burn a flipper coil....since this isn't a Stern

More importantly... make it an option to enable and leave it disabled by default.

#2919 4 years ago

Which Stern shakers are compatible with your loom and update? All of them? Or just some?

I’ve got a Rev B shaker (502-5027-00 Rev B), will it work correctly in RFM with your loom?

#2920 4 years ago
Quoted from thesav:

Which Stern shakers are compatible with your loom and update? All of them? Or just some?
I’ve got a Rev B shaker (502-5027-00 Rev B), will it work correctly in RFM with your loom?

That’s the SAM shaker kit... that’s the recommended one (it’s discussed a few posts back in this thread). Pretty sure you only need the motor assembly anyway... all the other goo-gahs in the kit aren’t needed.

#2921 4 years ago
Quoted from harig:

Dear @applejuice
thanks a lot for your great work on that machine-keep the spirit up!
Since updating from V1.9 to V2.1 I do get those messages in the diagnostics:
"check lamp 33A left rubber martian eyes" and
"check lamp 34A right rubber martian eyes"
Seems that is related to the feature mentioned there: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/49#post-4775799
I do use the original PC
Is there any feature to deactivate the "rubber martian eyes" in the adjustments?
Might have acitvated it by accident somewhere.
Have gone through them but could not find any.
Was wondering as no one else seems to "complain" about those messages yet?
thx a lot[quoted image]

Will be fixed in the next update. I needed to add an extra definition in the configs as these are optional not essential and not currently included in any modes yet.

#2922 4 years ago

Had my best game playing this thing while testing my nucore setup. I’m still having intermittent issues with the playfield lamps blanking every so often. It doesn’t always happen ... inconsistent from boot to boot. Once in a while it runs perfectly. The problem when it occurs is you hear the relay click and just momentarily all the lamps go out...they barely go out... it’s a real fast momentary event.

Driving me nuts !!! I want to find out what this is... it may be something running in the background... but I checked and nothing is jumping out at me. I’m running this on a Dell OptiPlex 780 Core 2 Duo, 3.3 GHz

36429A47-F433-4733-B476-8BECEBA3A2AE (resized).jpeg36429A47-F433-4733-B476-8BECEBA3A2AE (resized).jpeg

#2923 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’m still having intermittent issues with the playfield lamps blanking every so often. It doesn’t always happen ... inconsistent from boot to boot. Once in a while it runs perfectly. The problem when it occurs is you hear the relay click and just momentarily all the lamps go out...they barely go out... it’s a real fast momentary event.
Driving me nuts !!! I want to find out what this is... it may be something running in the background...but I checked and nothing is jumping out at me. I’m running this on a Dell OptiPlex 780 Core 2 Duo, 3.3 GHz
[quoted image]

Mine does the same thing, and I'm running original hardware, so I doubt your problem is related to Nucore. I'm guessing the relay is worn out and needs to be replaced. Just haven't got around to replacing it to test that theory.

#2924 4 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Mine does the same thing, and I'm running original hardware, so I doubt your problem is related to Nucore. I'm guessing the relay is worn out and needs to be replaced. Just haven't got around to replacing it to test that theory.

Isn’t that just a pain in the ass coincidence!!! I’ve not run it with it’s original computer hardware since I’ve started this exercise... I’m gonna fire it up and see if this happens!!!

#2925 4 years ago

Nope ... definitely doesn’t do this on my machine with the original hardware... but I still like that nugget of info.

#2926 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Nope ... definitely doesn’t do this on my machine with the original hardware... but I still like that nugget of info.

Strange.... Mine occasionally stops doing it after it warms up.

#2927 4 years ago

This symptome always occurs if you haven't installed the networkcard but set the IP adress in communications!

Just blank them or install the SMC networkcard and it should not happen any more.

#2928 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’m still having intermittent issues with the playfield lamps blanking every so often. It doesn’t always happen ... inconsistent from boot to boot. Once in a while it runs perfectly. The problem when it occurs is you hear the relay click and just momentarily all the lamps go out...they barely go out... it’s a real fast momentary event.

Quoted from mattosborn:

I'm guessing the relay is worn out and needs to be replaced.

Funny thing is. The relay does not even control the GI. Since there is not even GI on P2k games. All lamps are matrix lamps.

The relay is just for the interlock system which turns off the HV (coil and flash lamp power) while the coin door is open.

#2929 4 years ago
Quoted from Ahoernchen:

This symptome always occurs if you haven't installed the networkcard but set the IP adress in communications!
Just blank them or install the SMC networkcard and it should not happen any more.

Thank you! I did have a network card and removed it quite a while ago. Never thought that would be related to the problem... what a weird bug.

First I tried setting the IP address to None. That didn't have any immediate effect, so I figured I needed to power cycle. I did so, and it wouldn't boot!!! Tried several times. So I dug out an SMC network card and put it in, then it would boot again. But the relay clicking was still there. So I went back in to settings and set the IP address again. Now it seems to be happy. No more relay-clicking/light-flickering! I guess the network card is staying in there permanently....

BTW, if anyone needs an SMC network card for their P2K, I've got three more left. Two are NIB, and one is used.

#2930 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Funny thing is. The relay does not even control the GI. Since there is not even GI on P2k games. All lamps are matrix lamps.
The relay is just for the interlock system which turns off the HV (coil and flash lamp power) while the coin door is open.

Yeah, it is odd that the relay causes all the lights to flicker.

#2931 4 years ago

I think it has something to do with how the parallel port is serviced... anything could be affected... just so happens the relay and the lamps are taking a hit. They are only related to each other because they share the parallel interface.

I would love it if they opened up that software for general purpose use.

#2932 4 years ago

I have pub cards for 1.2, 1,6, 1.8 and 1.9 available for free use at York if you bring your game for free play!

#2933 4 years ago
Quoted from cougtv:

I have pub cards for 1.2, 1,6, 1.8 and 1.9 available for free use at York if you bring your game for free play!

Get that v1.2 and update that to v2.1 and bring that - and now we're talking....v2.1 simply is superior to all prior versions.....

#2934 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Will be fixed in the next update. I needed to add an extra definition in the configs as these are optional not essential and not currently included in any modes yet.

thanks for you reply!

Does that mean every machine using the V2.1 sotware shows that error messages currently?

#2935 4 years ago
Quoted from harig:

thanks for you reply!
Does that mean every machine using the V2.1 sotware shows that error messages currently?

Looks like it. Mine does the same plus ball trough opto 5 and 6 error.

#2936 4 years ago
Quoted from cougtv:I have pub cards for 1.2, 1,6, 1.8 and 1.9 available for free use at York if you bring your game for free play!

Slightly bizarre, why update peoples games to old versions? v1.2, jeeees

#2937 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I think it has something to do with how the parallel port is serviced... anything could be affected... just so happens the relay and the lamps are taking a hit. They are only related to each other because they share the parallel interface.
I would love it if they opened up that software for general purpose use.

Yep, its a latched based 8 bit system, just like wpc and wpc-95, so everything would be effected, but probably only the lamps and relay are actually noticeable by eye/ear.

#2938 4 years ago

Hello! I wanted to provide an update to my MRS project. I've been quiet a few weeks as I resolved to step back and improve my MRS even further as I was not satisfied until the sensitivity greatly exceeded the original MRS'. After I hand-built 25 prototypes and tested all of them...I felt the design could be better - that the range wasn't maximized - so after many weeks of tinkering - last night I succeeded and will now modify the 25 and complete the lot. I gotta say, these things are difficult...it has taken months to find the right combination of components and a lot of tuning....

20190618_095305 (resized).jpg20190618_095305 (resized).jpg
#2939 4 years ago

Just had an update from the loom manufacturer. My shaker & knocker looms are complete and should be being delivered here tomorrow. All 100 of them

#2940 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Just had an update from the loom manufacturer. My shaker & knocker looms are complete and should be being delivered here tomorrow. All 100 of them

Are there even 100 RFMs out there
I guess they are all sold already?

#2941 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Slightly bizarre, why update peoples games to old versions? v1.2, jeeees

I bought a lot of pub cards before finding 1.9. I have never used 1.2. You kinda should have the ram upgrade after 1.6

#2942 4 years ago
Quoted from cougtv:

I bought a lot of pub cards before finding 1.9. I have never used 1.2. You kinda should have the ram upgrade after 1.6

RAM Update is not needed. Only for 1.8. But with 1.9 someone made changes which no longer need the larger ram. I am running 2.1 on original hardware with no problems

#2943 4 years ago

People who contacted me for looms, today is the day i start sending out invoices with tracked shipping for you. Check your pinside inboxes as the day progresses.

Also i will post some pics when the box of looms arrives. This has been a long road to get here, but worth it i hope. More RFM's will soon be shaking

Remember shaker support is only included in my software update v2.1 onwards. Upgrade your game today using the download at https://mypinballs.com if not already done so.

#2944 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

People who contacted me for looms, today is the day i start sending out invoices with tracked shipping for you. Check your pinside inboxes as the day progresses.
Also i will post some pics when the box of looms arrives. This has been a long road to get here, but worth it i hope. More RFM's will soon be shaking
Remember shaker support is only included in my software update v2.1 onwards. Upgrade your game today using the download at https://mypinballs.com if not already done so.

This is so great !!! Will you have some pics of proper placement of the shaker and knocker ?

Thanks for all of the time and $$$ you’ve put into this project !!!! awesome work !!!!

#2946 4 years ago

Looks good, thx for all the work. Now waiting for the mail from you

#2947 4 years ago

Whoa, that loom looks great, I need one.

#2949 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

There COMING!

Senators receive classified briefing on UFO sightings

Prices for RFM are sure to skyrocket!

#2950 4 years ago

Looms are being boxed up and shipping labels printed. First load is going out monday. I am working through the list of interested people, so check you pinside inbox.

I have also created a small instruction sheet which i will add a link for on my site in due course.

Thanks to all who have purchased so far.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
7,500 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 85.00
There are 6,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.