IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,702 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 135.
#2851 4 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Windows 98SE on an old Toshiba Satellite pro 4200.

Problem is (I think) this would work for windows only, (typically for Groovy Mame setups, etc.), did you succed with Pinbox linux distribution too? Me too I would like to find a solution Pinbox+CRT. By the way I did setup a very nice solution with dark blacks and a scanlines generator (same image as CRT), paired with Dell 2007FP..

#2852 4 years ago
Quoted from Giulio:

Problem is (I think) this would work for windows only, (typically for Groovy Mame setups, etc.), did you succed with Pinbox linux distribution too? Me too I would like to find a solution Pinbox+CRT. By the way I did setup a very nice solution with dark blacks and a scanlines generator (same image as CRT), paired with Dell 2007FP..

I have pinbox as a backup plan. I will try with ATI Radeon HD 5450 as suggested. Today I will try the command line fupdate solution on my other laptop and see if it helps. I would be very interested in the proper LCD solution (scanlines and dark blacks). It would help a lot with reducing weight of the machine.

Thanks!

#2853 4 years ago
Quoted from Andyzola87:

Ok, just FYI you can update without having to use the update manager. I just did a tutorial on this the other day. If you run into issues it may help out and you can use newer OS.

Thank you, I ll try this method today with my Windows 7 laprop and report back.

#2854 4 years ago

This will be a nice change from previous version 0.1 .

RFM01.JPGRFM01.JPG
#2855 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Excellent that’s the one I have. What CPU family? Something dual core or better I assume. I don’t mind picking up an older PC but would like to get something that isn’t too old.
Thanks!

I use higher end C2D systems either DIY or a SFF Optiplex.

#2856 4 years ago

Anyone have experience with Cointaker's Red Tremor shaker motor? I've never played a pin Before with a shaker and thought maybe this one for the new update. Some concerns people had is it shakes too much and could blow a node on the spike system. Since its SAM compatible should be good for RFM right? I heard it can really rattle a machine but you can buy a cheap adjester to tone it down. What shaker fo you think would have the most appropriate feel and fit for RFM?

#2857 4 years ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

Anyone have experience with Cointaker's Red Tremor shaker motor? I've never played a pin Before with a shaker and thought maybe this one for the new update. Some concerns people had is it shakes too much and could blow a node on the spike system. Since its SAM compatible should be good for RFM right? I heard it can really rattle a machine but you can buy a cheap adjester to tone it down. What shaker fo you think would have the most appropriate feel and fit for RFM?

The Red Tremor was way too much on my ST Premium. I would use a regular SAM shaker.

#2858 4 years ago
Quoted from Andyzola87:

Ok, just FYI you can update without having to use the update manager. I just did a tutorial on this the other day. If you run into issues it may help out and you can use newer OS.

Thank you a lot! This option worked for me. I have used another laptop and null modem cable and it worked. I connected laptop to the original PC without playfield and the update started without problems. Judging by prism card (reboot after update and normally blinking again) everything should be fine. I ll report back when I put the PC back into machine .

#2859 4 years ago

Would Roadshow shaker also work?

#2860 4 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Thank you a lot! This option worked for me. I have used another laptop and null modem cable and it worked. I connected laptop to the original PC without playfield and the update started without problems. Judging by prism card (reboot after update and normally blinking again) everything should be fine. I ll report back when I put the PC back into machine .

Nice!! Glad it helped someone out!!

#2861 4 years ago
Quoted from Giulio:

I have the same monitor I was thinking about using. The current CRT works alright, but could use a cap kit.

#2862 4 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

I have some PUB cards left if anyone is interested.

WhiskeyTango - Do you know how to program the pubcard? I have one, but have no idea how to load Applejuice's 2.0+ versions on it, and cannot seem to find any instructions/tutorials for this? If you know, and are willing to share, would be much appreciated.

Also, I too have some microswitches to replace. Is there any consensus on which replacements to use? I've seen references to cherrys, db3s, etc. -- looking for the best plug-and-play option, with least future maintenance headaches (assuming such a thing exists in pinball...

#2863 4 years ago
Quoted from demaximis:

WhiskeyTango - Do you know how to program the pubcard? I have one, but have no idea how to load Applejuice's 2.0+ versions on it, and cannot seem to find any instructions/tutorials for this? If you know, and are willing to share, would be much appreciated.
Also, I too have some microswitches to replace. Is there any consensus on which replacements to use? I've seen references to cherrys, db3s, etc. -- looking for the best plug-and-play option, with least future maintenance headaches (assuming such a thing exists in pinball...

You can find the instructions and download the software from Planetary Pinball or you can send me your card and I'll update it.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/tech/pin2000/

For the switches you can use the newer switch body and move the actuator wire over.
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-sub-microswitch-5647-12693.html

#2864 4 years ago

I'm getting a lot of light bleed around the sides of the CRT.

Does anyone have a solution they've used aside from paper strips?

I'm almost tempted to use a weatherstripping to fill the void, but I figured I would ask here first.

#2865 4 years ago

I'm almost tempted to use a weatherstripping to fill the void, but I figured I would ask here first.

I just picked up a monitor and it has 1/2” black weather strip around the tube. Not sure if it’s factory.

67AAF280-B2EE-4911-952F-3DB56DB3159D (resized).jpeg67AAF280-B2EE-4911-952F-3DB56DB3159D (resized).jpeg
#2866 4 years ago

The answer directly from one of the Pinball 2000 makers:

http://www.pinball2000.de/pin2000_misc.htm#Neonlight

#2867 4 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

The answer directly from one of the Pinball 2000 makers:
http://www.pinball2000.de/pin2000_misc.htm#Neonlight

I guess I was on the right track and my google-foo failed me. Thanks.

#2868 4 years ago

Midnight Madness mode creation underway. graphics work and testing. Creating the classic mode in pinball 2000 technicolour!

IMG_4149 (resized).JPGIMG_4149 (resized).JPG

#2869 4 years ago

You can find the instructions and download the software from Planetary Pinball or you can send me your card and I'll update it.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/tech/pin2000/

Helpful info on the swithces - order in, and many thanks.

However, I must be missing something on the PUB update process. I've perused the PUB update files on the Planetary Pinball site, and the pub update files are locked to the official versions of the software. I do not see a generic "PUB updater" file, which I could use to load Applejuice's software. Am I missing something? I feel like the tools are staring me in the face, but I can't figure out how to make them work together! Any help is appreciated.

#2870 4 years ago

Having a new issue where a ball will end before it drains.. cleaned optos on the boards both sides but still having an issue.. annoying. Is this a common issue for any other RFM owners? Should I order fresh boards or try and reflow solder? Thanks

#2871 4 years ago
Quoted from demaximis:

Helpful info on the swithces - order in, and many thanks.
However, I must be missing something on the PUB update process. I've perused the PUB update files on the Planetary Pinball site, and the pub update files are locked to the official versions of the software. I do not see a generic "PUB updater" file, which I could use to load Applejuice's software. Am I missing something? I feel like the tools are staring me in the face, but I can't figure out how to make them work together! Any help is appreciated.

Edit the shortcut to point to the newer code.

#2872 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Midnight Madness mode creation underway. graphics work and testing. Creating the classic mode in pinball 2000 technicolour!
[quoted image]

This is gonna be great..

#2873 4 years ago

Does Pinbox work with CRT monitor if you use ATI Radeon HD 5450?

#2874 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I had to google midnight madness...oh man, that is AWESOME! The Mrs. & I already determined midnight will be 9 pm at our house, otherwise we wont see that mode for years!

#2875 4 years ago

This is gonna be great..

Quoted from bobwiley:

I had to google midnight madness...oh man, that is AWESOME! The Mrs. & I already determined midnight will be 9 pm at our house, otherwise we wont see that mode for years!

“It’s a full moon, expect things to be alittle crazy” ha ha ha

#2876 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

Having a new issue where a ball will end before it drains.. cleaned optos on the boards both sides but still having an issue.. annoying. Is this a common issue for any other RFM owners? Should I order fresh boards or try and reflow solder? Thanks

Update:
Still having the issue
All optos register as they should in switch test so I dont think its the boards or connectors.. looking for something else to try if someone could chime in?
Rhanks

#2878 4 years ago

Just to show you how a new graphic is made. Using illustrator and Photoshop . These are made from scratch and drawn using the old dmd files as reference. They are not in the game rom originally. Serious amount of work but worth it for a mode like this and to maintain the high standards I insist on. 6 graphics to create in total

DAC6C0AD-6B13-4287-8701-FF3D95DF8987 (resized).jpegDAC6C0AD-6B13-4287-8701-FF3D95DF8987 (resized).jpeg
#2879 4 years ago

DAMN you Applejuice ,wishing i had not sold my RFM now Seriously though...absolutely awesome work man!!!!

#2880 4 years ago

Hello,

as a member of this club, I would like to share with you our current fundraising to purchase 3 pinball machines for our local Children's Hospital, they would replace the actual machines I've placed with my wife.
Share the love and don't hesitate to PM me for details :

https://www.ulule.com/des-lumieres-dans-les-yeux/
all details : https://www.deslumieresdanslesyeux.fr/en

#2881 4 years ago

sorry double post.

#2882 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

have you checked the connectors to the opto's? I know that it's a known issue on new stern machines and the recommendation is to re-terminate the wires using trifurcon connectors

#2883 4 years ago

Got my replacement cabinet decals ... They are definitely not nearly as glossy like the factory art. It’s a very textured print, you can feel it.

They are nice and tough, bright and colorful.

This is a fine product for those who need to restore their cabinet art.

Very excited to do this restoration.
987A5E6A-EB5C-4C4A-AA61-D3C871A488A5 (resized).jpeg987A5E6A-EB5C-4C4A-AA61-D3C871A488A5 (resized).jpegA7101863-F22E-44C2-B9EB-148CA07B21DA (resized).jpegA7101863-F22E-44C2-B9EB-148CA07B21DA (resized).jpeg2ADEA77A-4887-4E63-848B-B752F068D946 (resized).jpeg2ADEA77A-4887-4E63-848B-B752F068D946 (resized).jpeg6E0325F1-39D0-41DB-9044-254C66AA84C2 (resized).jpeg6E0325F1-39D0-41DB-9044-254C66AA84C2 (resized).jpeg

#2884 4 years ago

I reviewed a 3 year old post from @osudrummer, but wanted to re-ask since a lot can change in 3 years...but what is everyone doing to replace the fluorescent bulb with an LED in the translite? RFM is the latest in my collection and that deal is annoying.....thanks!

#2885 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

I reviewed a 3 year old post from osudrummer, but wanted to re-ask since a lot can change in 3 years...but what is everyone doing to replace the fluorescent bulb with an LED in the translite? RFM is the latest in my collection and that deal is annoying.....thanks!

I've a similar question. Most of what I've seen/read about LED tubes is that they vary in size and may not be a direct fit. Additionally some LED tubes need to have the sockets rewired (bypass the ballast and starter) so they are directly AC powered. I've found one LED tube that is actually plug and play (no rewiring needed), but my game was hacked up for a LED tube that was too long so all the wiring was cut out and the ears of the lamp holder were pranged over. I would prefer to have it stock and have an LED tube that would just be plug and play.

I've never seen how the original fluorescent bulb looks. I don't care for the LED tube in mine as it has some flicker that my eyes are picking up.

#2886 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

I reviewed a 3 year old post from osudrummer, but wanted to re-ask since a lot can change in 3 years...but what is everyone doing to replace the fluorescent bulb with an LED in the translite? RFM is the latest in my collection and that deal is annoying.....thanks!I went to Walmart a bought a replacement LED tube, removed the starter in the machine and it fired right up. No special wiring or ballasts needed.

#2887 4 years ago

Couldn't have been easier....the LED T8 bulbs at Wal-Mart are meant to work with ballasts/starters.....so you simply twist in the LED bulb and you are done.....there were 2 choices...cool white or soft white - I went soft white - to me a little softer in the translite is a nice thing.....bulb was <$7......

#2888 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Couldn't have been easier....the LED T8 bulbs at Wal-Mart are meant to work with ballasts/starters.....so you simply twist in the LED bulb and you are done.....there were 2 choices...cool white or soft white - I went soft white - to me a little softer in the translite is a nice thing.....bulb was &lt;$7......

Awesome !!! Now I just need to fix the hack job that was done to my light fixture

#2889 4 years ago

More graphics creation

IMG_4169 (resized).JPGIMG_4169 (resized).JPG

The mode starts... Have a short vid to share later of the mode starting up with the lamp and sound effects (like the wpc era games do)

fullsizeoutput_1096 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_1096 (resized).jpeg

#2890 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

More graphics creation
[quoted image]
The mode starts... Have a short vid to share later of the mode starting up with the lamp and sound effects (like the wpc era games do)
[quoted image]

Where do you get the space for new graphics?
All images except of 2 which are in flash are in the masked roms?!
Or is your update made with new roms and only for Nucore/Pinbox?

How do modify the sound roms without the raw sounds?

#2891 4 years ago

I have a few questions concerning my original p2k pc. Could not find clear answers so far

(mainboard is V2.0)
1. where to connect a keyboard to access the bios? It´s the 5 pin DIN (or "AT") connector, right?
2. what is the PS/2 connector next to the VGA output/parallel port used for? mouse? where and which orientation to be connected on the mainboard (found disconnected)
3. where to connect the 2 pin reset cable on the mainboard? (the one coming from the prism card ) which orientation of connector? (found disconnected)

someone can help with details and/or pictures?

thx a lot

20190529_170724 (resized).jpg20190529_170724 (resized).jpg20190529_171124 (resized).jpg20190529_171124 (resized).jpg
#2892 4 years ago
Quoted from harig:

I have a few questions concerning my original p2k pc. Could not find clear answers so far
(mainboard is V2.0)
1. where to connect a keyboard to access the bios? It´s the 5 pin DIN (or "AT") connector, right?
2. what is the PS/2 connector next to the VGA output/parallel port used for? mouse? where and which orientation to be connected on the mainboard (found disconnected)
3. where to connect the 2 pin reset cable on the mainboard? (the one coming from the prism card ) which orientation of connector? (found disconnected)
someone can help with details and/or pictures?
thx a lot[quoted image][quoted image]

1. Yes
2. It is a Svideo output
3. See this post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revenge-from-mars-prism-card-connector#post-5013239 orientation does not matter.

#2893 4 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

1. Yes
2. It is a Svideo output
3. See this post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revenge-from-mars-prism-card-connector#post-5013239 orientation does not matter.

thx for your answers!

do you or somebody have a picture where the svideo connector goes on the mainboard? mine was disconnected and I´d like to complete things

#2894 4 years ago
Quoted from harig:

thx for your answers!
do you or somebody have a picture where the svideo connector goes on the mainboard? mine was disconnected and I´d like to complete things

Sorry for the wrong 2. answer. It is indeed a PS/2 connector. On my board it goes next to the RAM slot to pins labeled as MOUSE (circled on the photo).

IMG_5984.JPGIMG_5984.JPG
#2895 4 years ago

Installed the shaker motor today..

#2896 4 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Sorry for the wrong 2. answer. It is indeed a PS/2 connector. On my board it goes next to the RAM slot to pins labeled as MOUSE (circled on the photo).[quoted image]

Is it green or yellow wire to the left ?

Thx a lot!

#2897 4 years ago
Quoted from harig:

Is it green or yellow wire to the left ?
Thx a lot!

Yellow.

#2898 4 years ago

Installed the shaker motor today..

Hope you like the additions. Really adds to the game i think. Still love my addition for the catapult on paris in peril

#2899 4 years ago
Quoted from Ahoernchen:

Where do you get the space for new graphics?
All images except of 2 which are in flash are in the masked roms?!
Or is your update made with new roms and only for Nucore/Pinbox?
How do modify the sound roms without the raw sounds?

Runs on original and new hardware, just like all my other updates. Space is available in flash as i discussed with you previously

#2900 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Hope you like the additions. Really adds to the game i think. Still love my addition for the catapult on paris in peril

Can't wait for the looms to be done so I can feel it in action!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

7,500 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,702 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 135.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/58?hl=harig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.