IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,719 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 135.
#2551 5 years ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

Would you mind sharing the process for updating PUB cards? I can't seem to track down the info for it.

http://www.robertwinter.com/pinball/dotcom/tech/pin2000/software.html

#2552 5 years ago

why do you bother with pub card when a USB cable is cheaper and easier to use ?

#2553 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

why do you bother with pub card when a USB cable is cheaper and easier to use ?

- Sometimes updating over USB/Serial fails for no apparent reason. This has happened to me on a third of the Pin2k games I've worked on.
- A PUB card is faster, super easy to use and you don't need another computer. (Aside from the programmer, of course. )
- It's fun to make my 22 year old, Windows 95 PC still make the cards.
OlzWQ4AIQ2C%zNit4N8Ieg (resized).jpgOlzWQ4AIQ2C%zNit4N8Ieg (resized).jpg

#2554 5 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

- Sometimes updating over USB/Serial fails for no apparent reason. This has happened to me on a third of the Pin2k games I've worked on.
- A PUB card is faster, super easy to use and you don't need another computer. (Aside from the programmer, of course. )
- It's fun to make my 22 year old, Windows 95 PC still make the cards.
[quoted image]

You can use an original pin2k computer to update a pub card to so no regular computer needed at all

A pub card is also the only way to recover a bricked prism from a bodged update

#2555 5 years ago

totally get that
just to say that if you don't have a pub card, usb might be the way ^^

#2556 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

You can use an original pin2k computer to update a pub card to so no regular computer needed at all
A pub card is also the only way to recover a bricked prism from a bodged update

Do you do this from your game or have to remove the pc and plug a screen, keyboard etc. What is the procedure to do a system dump on the pub card
Thank you

#2557 5 years ago

I have some programmed PUB cards if anyone is interested.

I could do a sale or rental similar to LockWhenLit, but better priced.

PM me if you're interested.

#2558 5 years ago

Hi,

i need to change my flap (the movable center one).
I've ordered a new one, but here comes the Rivet question.
Whats is the good reference, and is it feasible without the 50€ tool?
I've seen some auto-locking ring reference, but i would like more details if someone can share .
Thanks

#2559 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hi,
I've seen some auto-locking ring reference, but i would like more details if someone can share .
Thanks

Following because the machine I might buy needs a new flap as well

#2560 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hi,
Thanks

This is what I used to rivet mine:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H7RBSZ4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00

#2561 5 years ago

thanks
did not find the same product on Amazon.fr
which rivet did you use ??

#2562 5 years ago

the rivets should be (1/8" dia head) x 5/32" or 3/16" long. if you use anything longer, I would use a backing washer otherwise you won't be able to cinch it down tight enough (roll/flare the rivet end) and the ramp will be loose on the ramp bracket

#2563 5 years ago

I bought a replacement flap from Pinbits. Came with a little plastic tool that can be used with a regular hammer. I never had any issues with the replacement and definitely recommend.

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_53&products_id=334&zenid=68a3a3df9a17f8496fce6bed7b5954f1

#2564 5 years ago

thanks @maffewl can you show me the plastic tool? i have already bought the original flap and won't order to pinbits as shipment to europe will be too costy

#2565 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

thanks @maffewl can you show me the plastic tool? i have already bought the original flap and won't order to pinbits as shipment to europe will be too costy

It works like this shown in the image, but it is about half the size and plastic. It's kinda like a super thick-walled drinking straw. It may only work with the types of rivets that they send with their replacement flap. I'm definitely no rivet expert.

rivet tool (resized).pngrivet tool (resized).png
#2566 5 years ago

if it came with their rivet "kit", I would steer clear and do it the proper way. the press fit rivets will not hold up for this particular item

here's their pressless rivet kit
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=72&zenid=7e322cb21bcefd2009d00e0c8b0e0cdf

I'm also not a fan of the stainless ramp flap (but that's a whole different story). long story short, it sticks out like a sore thumb on the playfield. blue it yourself or purchase one that is pre-blued like these
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-15141
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-01-15141

#2567 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

if it came with their rivet "kit", I would steer clear and do it the proper way. the press fit rivets will not hold up for this particular item
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=72&zenid=7e322cb21bcefd2009d00e0c8b0e0cdf
I'm also not a fan of the stainless ramp flap (but that's a whole different story). long story short, it sticks out like a sore thumb on the playfield. blue it yourself or purchase one that is pre-blued like these
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-01-15141

It is their press fit kit. I had zero issues with it and definitely gave it plenty of tests to make sure it held. I'd absolutely purchase if I was in a similar position again, but can understand your thinking. That said, of course, better is always better, but I would have no hesitancy using this kit.

#2568 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I agree the center ramp flap looks bad on the playfield. That's why I made some test decals, they look far better on the playfield in my opinion. Did laminate them too and tried different graphics and colors, very easy to do.

RFM_flap (resized).pngRFM_flap (resized).png
#2569 5 years ago

I like the decal idea. I wonder if someone could mock up the missing playfield art and cover the flap with that

#2570 5 years ago

would be in for a decorated flap (with autofixable rivet )

#2571 5 years ago

A couple weeks ago I joined the club. It came from a bar owner. After I cleaned all the smoke and dust I can’t believe what good condition it’s in with over 17,000 plays. Cabinet, back glass and play field all look great. There are a few switch issues, some lamps to change and I’m having the monitor recapped.
I’m a happy pinballer.

5D54A54A-B6EE-4A5E-AD58-39B2FB11D9A8 (resized).jpeg5D54A54A-B6EE-4A5E-AD58-39B2FB11D9A8 (resized).jpeg095E8220-D5E5-4748-8A9F-16B21B2FB237 (resized).jpeg095E8220-D5E5-4748-8A9F-16B21B2FB237 (resized).jpegCC16958E-F2F9-4C2B-8EB4-7496B9C386EF (resized).jpegCC16958E-F2F9-4C2B-8EB4-7496B9C386EF (resized).jpeg59B08772-8008-4BB5-9462-5B5B7931A207 (resized).jpeg59B08772-8008-4BB5-9462-5B5B7931A207 (resized).jpeg
#2572 5 years ago

Hey @applejuice, What hardware should be purchased for 2.10? I understand looms haven't shipped/billed yet, but I want to make sur eI have everything ready.

#2573 5 years ago
Quoted from Phesson:

A couple weeks ago I joined the club. It came from a bar owner. After I cleaned all the smoke and dust I can’t believe what good condition it’s in with over 17,000 plays. Cabinet, back glass and play field all look great. There are a few switch issues, some lamps to change and I’m having the monitor recapped.
I’m a happy pinballer.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Green screen! Like the old old days

#2574 5 years ago

Hey applejuice, What hardware should be purchased for 2.10? I understand looms haven't shipped/billed yet, but I want to make sur eI have everything ready.

The shaker motors can be anything really that runs at 12v but I think std stern ones should be ok. The loom will come with a seperate 2a in-line fuse to install and the connectors to hook upto the loom as there’s no extra drive board needed

The knocker mech I’m still working out. There’s the Addams option or a gottlieb type knocker bracket or something else custom. Want to try an avoid loads of loom upto the head. Thoughts welcome though

#2575 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

The shaker motors can be anything really that runs at 12v but I think std stern ones should be ok. The loom will come with a seperate 2a in-line fuse to install and the connectors to hook upto the loom as there’s no extra drive board needed
The knocker mech I’m still working out. There’s the Addams option or a gottlieb type knocker bracket or something else custom. Want to try an avoid loads of loom upto the head. Thoughts welcome though

There are a few options @ PBL. The WPC is simple and has a common connector.
https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=knocker

As for the position, I think anywhere towards the back of the cabinet would be good. The head would be nice, but that would be a long run.

#2576 5 years ago

Any timeline on when the looms will be ready for shipping? No pressure, just curious.

#2577 5 years ago

This is what I’m thinking of going with for the knocker after looking at various designs and thinking about it some more. Will fit nicely behind the shaker and us nice and simple. The original wms types are gravity fed so this option is the closet to factory wms and will work horizontally. I can create a simple Bom list for it with part numbers maybe

79781842-0BD4-44C1-BFF5-760CBE394EC9 (resized).jpeg79781842-0BD4-44C1-BFF5-760CBE394EC9 (resized).jpeg19F3BCC1-AE4D-4155-A19E-4BC2ED585978 (resized).jpeg19F3BCC1-AE4D-4155-A19E-4BC2ED585978 (resized).jpeg

#2578 5 years ago

After a power cycle, my RFM game has started forgetting it's settings. I've replaced the PC coin battery and the coin battery on the prism card. Any thoughts on what I might check? Perhaps the replacement battery was bad? Which one?

#2579 5 years ago

Joined the club. Unfortunately the seller didn't have the backglass or head keys. Are the keys universal or unique to each machine? If universal can someone cut me a key before I drill?

MVIMG_20190323_222413 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190323_222413 (resized).jpg
#2580 5 years ago

Not universal,like every machine they are different.You must drill.But first take a look if the lock is not part with metal bracket which have two screws.This is for the head.If there are screws just unscrew them and the plate with the lock will be free.Be careful with the playfield glass.

#2581 5 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

After a power cycle, my RFM game has started forgetting it's settings. I've replaced the PC coin battery and the coin battery on the prism card. Any thoughts on what I might check? Perhaps the replacement battery was bad? Which one?

The CMOS battery on the motherboard would only affect the date and time if it was bad, so likely the battery on the Prism card is your problem.

#2582 5 years ago

Or the socket for the battery.Check if you have 3v at the pins of the socket.

#2583 5 years ago

there 3 unique keys for the game
- backbox (above translite) and rear panel
- service access which will allow you to remove the lockdown bar & playfield glass for playfield service access (left front)
- coin door

both the backbox and service access keys are single bitted, so you should be able to pick those rather easily without having to drill them. the coin door key is double-bitted

#2584 5 years ago

There are a few options @ PBL. The WPC is simple and has a common connector.
https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=knocker
As for the position, I think anywhere towards the back of the cabinet would be good. The head would be nice, but that would be a long run.

I may be being a little overcautious but I wouldn't want that thing too close to the monitor.

#2585 5 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I may be being a little overcautious but I wouldn't want that thing too close to the monitor.

Agreed. That why I think the back of the lower cabinet would be best.

#2586 5 years ago

So I see on the site that this is pinbox, and original hardware compatible. Does this not work with Nucore?

#2587 5 years ago

I have some programmed PUB cards if anyone is interested.
I could do a sale or rental similar to LockWhenLit, but better priced.
PM me if you're interested.

I just installed WT's 2.0 PUB card update into my original PC box...wasn't planning on doing this update since I'm not an IT guy, but the PUB route sounded simple. It was so easy and took a total of 5 minutes. Thanks for making this painless, WT!

#2588 5 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

So I see on the site that this is pinbox, and original hardware compatible. Does this not work with Nucore?

I have the new code running on Pinbox, Nucore and original hardware.

#2589 5 years ago
Quoted from bbriese:

I just installed WT's 2.0 PUB card update into my original PC box...wasn't planning on doing this update since I'm not an IT guy, but the PUB route sounded simple. It was so easy and took a total of 5 minutes. Thanks for making this painless, WT!

Glad you’re able to enjoy the new code!

#2590 5 years ago

Applejuice's new version is running great on my Nucore RFM also. Love it!

#2591 5 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

Applejuice's new version is running great on my Nucore RFM also. Love it!

I put v2.0 on mine this weekend. The tarantula creeps me out. I hate spiders so my first shot is to shrink that bastard when when he shows up.

#2592 5 years ago

Anyone know of a drop in replacement cpu fan? It looks like amazon has fans, but they aren’t the metal frame with built in heat sync....

#2593 5 years ago

This is the old one

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2595 5 years ago

Hi Zitt - I saw that but I don’t have a 3D printer. It looks like my fan was replaced already so I went for a new fan and heatsink - $11 so no biggie. Also - I love your frosted poly drop target in my WOZ... it’s awsome!

#2596 5 years ago

Quick update on v2.10 update progress. Below is how the update notes are looking. I'm deciding whether to wrap this one up soon and get it out, then finish up some of the other new modes like payback time later on. This means the shaker and knocker stuff can get out there sooner. My preferred update method is iterative anyway as its easier to fix bugs that way after more usage etc

v2.10 RFM Update (Work in Progress Only)

Quick-Shot - Feature lamp effects improved for active hurry up
Quick-Shot - Added timer pausing for when ball enters/exits jets and upper lanes
Quick-Shot - Added timer pausing for when ball enters exits stroke of luck
Quick-Shot - fixed bug where some scenes background graphics were lost after hurry up ended (achieved or not)
Quick-Shot - Added speech for start and shot success
Quick-Shot- Added shaker effects for shot success
Question Mark - Percentage of mode selection updated. Autopsy now most likely mode
Question Mark - Martian Aerobics, renamed Martian Invaders
Capture Multiball - Added sneaky lock acknowledgement (lock from rear when lit avoiding diverter)
Capture Multiball - Added speech for ball locks
Capture Multiball - Added option for add_a_ball
Capture Multiball - Added add a ball display effect/ graphics
Bottom Lanes - added add a ball logic in conjunction with stroke of luck during multi ball play
Stroke of Luck - added add a ball logic during multi ball play (main, martian, bonus etc)
Circle Shots - Missiles are now only collected/fired when there is an unlit missile circle insert on the playfield
Circle Shots - Completing a set (4) missile shots now ups the bonus multiplier by 1 each time (on that ball)
Attract - updated lamp patterns to fix missing saucer rim 9 lamp on main pattern strobe
Attract - updated lamp patterns on searchlight pattern to fix some missing lamps and some in wrong section
Skill Shot - Fixed Super Skill Shot activation which was broken
Outlane - Improved sound and speech calls logic
Bonus Wave - Changed balls in play start to 2
Bonus Wave - Added option for add_a_ball
Mothership - Changed balls in play start to 3
System - Added shaker hardware control
System - Added knocker hardware control
System - Added adjustments for shaker installed
System - Added Adjustments for knocker installed

Quick-Shot - Added extra sound for mode start
Hypno Beam - Fixed a bug where the new champion score would not be recorded
Hypno Beam - Reworked (lowered) the shot levels now there is a champion score to make destroying multiple beams more interesting and worthwhile
Hypno Beam - Adjusted extra ball award for destroyed beams to 4
Bonus Wave - Disabled add a ball when entering sudden death (1 ball in play)
Capture Multiball -Added shaker effects for super jackpot and regular jackpots
Martian Multiball - Added shaker effects for hitting and destroying large martian
Drive in Demolition - Added shaker effects for nuke
Drive in Demolition - Removed the mode start points (2 mil) seeing as its now startable from game start
Tower Struggle - Added shaker effects for tower collapse
Secret Weapon - Added shaker effects to end scene, upper cut and mothership explode
Alien Abduction - Added shaker effects to ramp shots and destroying centre saucer
Martian Happy Hour - Added shaker effects to martian kills
Big O Beam - Added shaker effects to barn hits
Paris in Peril - Added shaker effects to martian kills and catapult hits
Payback Time - Roughed in first pass of this mode - enabled at sol after main multi ball and martian multi ball completed

XINA 1.31
Reverted to 3 characters for high scores. Some game specifics are hard coded for 3
Added real knocker option instead of simulated sounds when enabled

#2597 5 years ago

Wow, THAT is a changelog.
I'm in if you need beta-test

#2598 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Quick update on v2.10 update progress. Below is how the update notes are looking. I'm deciding whether to wrap this one up soon and get it out, then finish up some of the other new modes like payback time later on. This means the shaker and knocker stuff can get out there sooner. My preferred update method is iterative anyway as its easier to fix bugs that way after more usage etc
v2.10 RFM Update (Work in Progress Only)
Quick-Shot - Feature lamp effects improved for active hurry up
Quick-Shot - Added timer pausing for when ball enters/exits jets and upper lanes
Quick-Shot - Added timer pausing for when ball enters exits stroke of luck
Quick-Shot - fixed bug where some scenes background graphics were lost after hurry up ended (achieved or not)
Quick-Shot - Added speech for start and shot success
Quick-Shot- Added shaker effects for shot success
Question Mark - Percentage of mode selection updated. Autopsy now most likely mode
Question Mark - Martian Aerobics, renamed Martian Invaders
Capture Multiball - Added sneaky lock acknowledgement (lock from rear when lit avoiding diverter)
Capture Multiball - Added speech for ball locks
Capture Multiball - Added option for add_a_ball
Capture Multiball - Added add a ball display effect/ graphics
Bottom Lanes - added add a ball logic in conjunction with stroke of luck during multi ball play
Stroke of Luck - added add a ball logic during multi ball play (main, martian, bonus etc)
Circle Shots - Missiles are now only collected/fired when there is an unlit missile circle insert on the playfield
Circle Shots - Completing a set (4) missile shots now ups the bonus multiplier by 1 each time (on that ball)
Attract - updated lamp patterns to fix missing saucer rim 9 lamp on main pattern strobe
Attract - updated lamp patterns on searchlight pattern to fix some missing lamps and some in wrong section
Skill Shot - Fixed Super Skill Shot activation which was broken
Outlane - Improved sound and speech calls logic
Bonus Wave - Changed balls in play start to 2
Bonus Wave - Added option for add_a_ball
Mothership - Changed balls in play start to 3
System - Added shaker hardware control
System - Added knocker hardware control
System - Added adjustments for shaker installed
System - Added Adjustments for knocker installed
Quick-Shot - Added extra sound for mode start
Hypno Beam - Fixed a bug where the new champion score would not be recorded
Hypno Beam - Reworked (lowered) the shot levels now there is a champion score to make destroying multiple beams more interesting and worthwhile
Hypno Beam - Adjusted extra ball award for destroyed beams to 4
Bonus Wave - Disabled add a ball when entering sudden death (1 ball in play)
Capture Multiball -Added shaker effects for super jackpot and regular jackpots
Martian Multiball - Added shaker effects for hitting and destroying large martian
Drive in Demolition - Added shaker effects for nuke
Drive in Demolition - Removed the mode start points (2 mil) seeing as its now startable from game start
Tower Struggle - Added shaker effects for tower collapse
Secret Weapon - Added shaker effects to end scene, upper cut and mothership explode
Alien Abduction - Added shaker effects to ramp shots and destroying centre saucer
Martian Happy Hour - Added shaker effects to martian kills
Big O Beam - Added shaker effects to barn hits
Paris in Peril - Added shaker effects to martian kills and catapult hits
Payback Time - Roughed in first pass of this mode - enabled at sol after main multi ball and martian multi ball completed
XINA 1.31
Reverted to 3 characters for high scores. Some game specifics are hard coded for 3

Sounds amazing. RFM definitively a keeper in my small pins collection. Congratulations!

#2599 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Anyone know of a drop in replacement cpu fan? It looks like amazon has fans, but they aren’t the metal frame with built in heat sync....

I use this fan myself, is drop in replacement (no case adapter required)
https://www.startech.com/Computer-Parts/Fans/5x1-cm-TX3-Replacement-Ball-Bearing-Fan~FAN5X1TX3

#2600 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Hey @applejuice, I'm certainly interested in the real knocker option. I just have a question about the v2.0 simulated knock. The original knock in my stock game was very loud, and the v2.0 is very quiet. Was this by design?, or is there an adjustment or something for this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,719 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 135.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/52?hl=luckycreature and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.