IMG_2225 (resized).JPG
InShot_20240217_034302200 (resized).jpg
20240215_192804 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240210_130413_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240130_080728 (resized).jpg
20240130_080725 (resized).jpg
IMG_8470 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,669 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 134.
#2501 5 years ago

Does anyone still carry the kits to either lit up the saucer with more lights or make them rotate? Those are pretty cool looking.

#2502 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Does anyone still carry the kits to either lit up the saucer with more lights or make them rotate? Those are pretty cool looking.

I DIY'd mine, because I preferred the version that the saucers LEDs are in sync with how many saucer light completions you have on the main ship. I just can't remember where the instructions were.

#2503 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I DIY'd mine, because I preferred the version that the saucers LEDs are in sync with how many sucer light completions you have on the main ship. I just can't remember where the instructions were.

This would be cool to know

#2504 5 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

This would be cool to know

Found them...here ya' go. It's a great looking mod, because when the LEDs stop rotating you can clearly see how many saucer lights you obtained, and the more saucer lights you earn, the better the mod looks. I didn't assemble the mod exactly as shown with ethernet cable, I happened to have some 15 conductor PVC jacketed wire with a lot of colors, so I just wired discreetly.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15KTvfMyrrocIQlTCzodlsjBkkz90yzhu

#2505 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Found them...here ya' go. It's a great looking mod, because when the LEDs stop rotating you can clearly see how many saucer lights you obtained, and the more saucer lights you earn, the better the mod looks. I didn't assemble the mod exactly as shown with ethernet cable, I happened to have some 15 conductor PVC jacketed wire with a lot of colors, so I just wired discreetly.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15KTvfMyrrocIQlTCzodlsjBkkz90yzhu

Wow that's a lot of work. Good job.

#2506 5 years ago

applejuice should still have his available. they are a very cool set

#2507 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Wow that's a lot of work. Good job.

Thanks. The painstaking part is building the LEDs into the saucers. I did those one day, then the wiring another day. It is a great mod.

#2508 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Thanks. The painstaking part is building the LEDs into the saucers. I did those one day, then the wiring another day. It is a great mod.

I'll bet it's a pain. You should have done it to the chrome saucers that the German company sells. I have them on my game and lit them up but not like you did and the chrome really makes them look great. There are pictures of them up in the picture gallery.

#2509 5 years ago

The rfm I'm looking to buy needs a little love. Mostly just a good cleaning. It will need new side art when I can afford it.
The center launch ramp is all bent to hell though. Does someone know where I can order a replacement piece and if it is a hassle to take that area apart? Thanks

#2511 5 years ago

Figured posting here was as good as any - do any of the SWEP1 kits exist out there any more and if so what can someone expect to pay for one?

Would like to get this combo back in the house as we enjoyed it quite a bit before but finding kits seems nearly impossible.

#2512 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Figured posting here was as good as any - do any of the SWEP1 kits exist out there any more and if so what can someone expect to pay for one?
Would like to get this combo back in the house as we enjoyed it quite a bit before but finding kits seems nearly impossible.

I saw a kit out there recently, just can't remember where. I think the asking price was something like $1700.

#2513 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I usually see one or two a year go up for sale in the $1000-$1500 range.

#2514 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The rfm I'm looking to buy needs a little love. Mostly just a good cleaning. It will need new side art when I can afford it.
The center launch ramp is all bent to hell though. Does someone know where I can order a replacement piece and if it is a hassle to take that area apart? Thanks

My ramp was cracked when I acquired my RFM. The assembly is very easy to get to and remove. You'll need to drill out the existing rivets and then use a rivet press or a hand rivet clincher (which is what I used) to install the 1/8" tubular rivets.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H7RBSZ4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00

#2515 5 years ago

Thanks everyone guess I have to keep my eyes open and then ultimately decide if SWEP1 is worth 15-1700 to go along with acquiring an RFM.

#2516 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Thanks everyone guess I have to keep my eyes open and then ultimately decide if SWEP1 is worth 15-1700 to go along with acquiring an RFM.

pssst...
if you ask most people, it's not. unfortunately SWEP1 was developed in a box with no interaction with the rest of the bally/williams team and jpop missed the mark with the shots. (it's mostly a shoot the middle, shoot the middle, shoot the middle... type game)
additionally, when performing the swap from RFM to SWEP1 or back, if you don't have a 2nd rom board and prism board, you have to remove the 2 boards from the computer, separate them carefully and then remove, swap the 10 mask roms and then reassemble everything.

and maybe because jpop was a huge d*+cheb@g, SWEP1 didn't use the same launch button mechanism that RFM did, making it one more item that you need to swap out. why? rumor has it that he received a royalty for the use of his patented silver ball shooter rod plunger from cirqus voltaire

#2517 5 years ago

Well we had both games before (RFM and SWEP1 kit) and we liked both games albeit RFM a lot more. Fortunately we had all the items for a straight swap no moving roms etc so it was easier but not a 10 min process of course. We do like the idea of 2 games for the space of 1 though which is partly why we had it in the first place. I'll have to keep my eyes open and decide what its all worth for our small collection (4 pin room)

#2518 5 years ago

For two games on the same platform, RFM and SWE1 could be more different. RFM is novel, fun and funny. SWE1 is irritating, repetitive and uninspired.

#2519 5 years ago

My lower lane playfield plastic A-23137 is broken and I've searched high and low for it (this part https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-23137).

All pinball stores that even list the part has it as "out of stock" since forever. I know it can be found in the complete plastic reproduction kits, but paying lots of cash for ~25 plastics when I need only one obviously sucks.

I've also checked Ebay/Amazon lots of times and no luck there either.

So, is there someone that have that plastic lying around, either used or new or even a bit scratched, doesn't matter as long as the plastic isn't broken. If so please PM me and I'm sure we can work something out. I have the black spacers that sits below it so it's really only the plastic itself that's needed.

Thanks

#2520 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

GCS2000 come play our RFM at The Richmond Pinball Collective in the meantime

#2521 5 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

gcs2000 come play our RFM at The Richmond Pinball Collective in the meantime

I have been meaning to get there for I don't know how long. I really need to stop by some time.

#2522 5 years ago

Can someone tell me the height of this machine? The flyer says 73" but that seems awfully low compared to pics Ive seen of it next to other machines. Searched the thread and cant seem to find anything. Thanks.

#2523 5 years ago

I think 73" is correct. it's just above my height and I'm 5'-11"

#2524 5 years ago

Having some issues with my WG monitor.
After installing the Ultimarc video amp. The red was gone. If I wiggle the molex connector on the chassis, red comes back to life. I did either break the molex connector or just have a cold solder connection. The connector has probably never been removed. It was really tight to get off.
I will have to pull out the chassis anyway in order to reflow solder on this molex connector. So I am going to install a cap kit wich is probably a good idea. The monitor was working fine. But I don’t want to mess around with it to often. So I just need to pull out the chassis once. I want to keep the CRT as long as possible. I don’t like TFT panels.

My question. Is it possible to get the chassis out. Without having to remove the entire monitor from the game? I don’t want to break anything...

I did already discharge the tube. I don’t want to kill myself

#2525 5 years ago

I bought a little NOS item recently!

focUrTIBTkGGCg9zXtRhZQ (resized).jpgfocUrTIBTkGGCg9zXtRhZQ (resized).jpg

I have some NOS items to sell that i won't need. Contact me via pm for info

I have the following to sell:

1 x NOS SWEP1 cabinet decal set
1 x NOS SWEP1 rom card
1 x NOS SWEP1 manual
1 x NOS SWEP1 translite

IMG_3446 (resized).JPGIMG_3446 (resized).JPGIMG_3445 (resized).JPGIMG_3445 (resized).JPGfullsizeoutput_d20 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d20 (resized).jpegIMG_3442 (resized).JPGIMG_3442 (resized).JPGfullsizeoutput_d1e (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d1e (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d1c (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d1c (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d1a (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d1a (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d14 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d14 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d18 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d18 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d16 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d16 (resized).jpeg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2526 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Having some issues with my WG monitor.
After installing the Ultimarc video amp. The red was gone. If I wiggle the molex connector on the chassis, red comes back to life. I did either break the molex connector or just have a cold solder connection. The connector has probably never been removed. It was really tight to get off.
I will have to pull out the chassis anyway in order to reflow solder on this molex connector. So I am going to install a cap kit wich is probably a good idea. The monitor was working fine. But I don’t want to mess around with it to often. So I just need to pull out the chassis once. I want to keep the CRT as long as possible. I don’t like TFT panels.
My question. Is it possible to get the chassis out. Without having to remove the entire monitor from the game? I don’t want to break anything...

I'm sorry I don't know the answer for but it did remind me of the tube and chassis swap I did on mine. PSA- A Happ Vision Pro 19" tube and chassis will bolt right on to the original WG frame.

#2527 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

[quoted image]
1 x NOS SWEP1 rom card
1 x NOS SWEP1 manual
1 x NOS SWEP1 translite
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that's quite the find.

#2528 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Good luck. I posted the same thing six months ago and haven't heard a peep. The manufacturer was going to see if they could do another run, but haven't been able to locate some of the materials.

No longer in the hunt. I found a new, in-the-box topper! Yeah!!!!

#2529 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

No longer in the hunt. I found a new, in-the-box topper! Yeah!!!!

Nice score! I'm starting to look myself.

#2530 5 years ago

I got lucky. One from the manufacturer was found leftover on a shelf in storage.

#2531 5 years ago

SWEP1 is repetitive but in my opinion maybe that is what it was supposed to be ? Still have fun with it either way.

#2532 5 years ago

What do we have here then

IMG_3449 (resized).JPGIMG_3449 (resized).JPG

#2533 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

[quoted image]
1 x NOS SWEP1 rom card
1 x NOS SWEP1 manual
1 x NOS SWEP1 translite
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does your recent purchase mean that we can look forward to some new code for this title applejuice ?

#2534 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Yes you can remove the chassis while keeping the CRT tube in the machine. There will be a couple of plugs to remove (they should all have connector plugs unless it has been previously fiddled with), being the chassis 110V power, the RGBSyncGND plug and the neck board from the CRT itself. Removing the neck board has to be done carefully so you don't damage the pins on the end of the CRT neck so if you're unsure of the method i would recommend googling how this is done. And i always discharge again before removing the anode cap, even if you have already discharged previously, always better to be sure when dealing with those high voltages. I can't give you a major run down on the chassis removal cause it's been a long time since i have done this on my RFM and i no longer have this machine in my collection. I still say CRT is the way to go with this machine when and wherever it is possible
EDIT : There may also be a ground plug with 1 pin that goes to the neck board, other side attaches to the degauss wire section of the CRT. (Again, i can't recall if there was one on my machine's CRT tube but a lot of CRT tubes do have this)

#2535 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Yes you can remove the chassis while keeping the CRT tube in the machine. There will be a couple of plugs to remove (they should all have connector plugs unless it has been previously fiddled with), being the chassis 110V power, the RGBSyncGND plug and the neck board from the CRT itself. Removing the neck board has to be done carefully so you don't damage the pins on the end of the CRT neck so if you're unsure of the method i would recommend googling how this is done. And i always discharge again before removing the anode cap, even if you have already discharged previously, always better to be sure when dealing with those high voltages. I can't give you a major run down on the chassis removal cause it's been a long time since i have done this on my RFM and i no longer have this machine in my collection. I still say CRT is the way to go with this machine when and wherever it is possible
EDIT : There may also be a ground plug with 1 pin that goes to the neck board, other side attaches to the degauss wire section of the CRT. (Again, i can't recall if there was one on my machine's CRT tube but a lot of CRT tubes do have this)

THX, the new caps have arrived today. So I am going to remove the chassis today. I did discharge multiple times yesterday. It’s incredible how the tube does recharge slightly even after unplugging the anode. I have watched JohnsArcade many times, so removing the neck board shouldn’t be to hard.

#2536 5 years ago

yep, those large capacitors do their job very well at storing large amounts of energy (which is why you need to be very careful. electricity is very unforgiving

I've discharged the bigger capacitors on an arcade power chassis before by [carefully] grounding both terminals using a screwdriver. the bang it created was huge (think M80 firecracker loudness). additionally, the arc of electricity actually put a small pit mark in the metal shaft of the screwdriver

#2537 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

What do we have here then
[quoted image]

mmhh, can't wait.
any estimated release?
I'm currently redoing my rfm.

#2538 5 years ago

Hi all. I own a swep1 now and was wondering if it’s still possible to buy swappble rfm playfields and Roms? It would be cool to have both games.

#2539 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hi all. I own a swep1 now and was wondering if it’s still possible to buy swappble rfm playfields and Roms? It would be cool to have both games.

they never made a swap kit for rfm as it was the first game and assumed that owners of rfm would buy the swep1 kits

#2540 5 years ago

Ball Launch Button...

How do you take this thing apart to change it?
Cant spin the nut off with the switch in the way.

pinball 001 (resized).JPGpinball 001 (resized).JPGpinball 002 (resized).JPGpinball 002 (resized).JPGpinball 003 (resized).JPGpinball 003 (resized).JPG
#2541 5 years ago

just pull gently and firmly, a bit left to right swing and it will go

#2542 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

just pull gently and firmly, a bit left to right swing and it will go

The switch part he's talking about then you can remove the nut. You feel like you're going to break it but then it just comes off

#2543 5 years ago

first time is always frightening, I admit

#2544 5 years ago

applejuice : i'm done with the cleaning part, ready for shaking this beauty !

IMG_20190310_205719 (resized).jpgIMG_20190310_205719 (resized).jpg
#2545 5 years ago

I picked up some PUB cards and will be updating them to 2.0 soon.

#2546 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

applejuice : i'm done with the cleaning part, ready for shaking this beauty ![quoted image]

That's a beauty..

#2547 5 years ago

I picked up some PUB cards and will be updating them to 2.0 soon.

Would you mind sharing the process for updating PUB cards? I can't seem to track down the info for it.

#2548 5 years ago

Where did you find PUB cards? I've had no luck and I'd like to update my RFM.

#2549 5 years ago

That's a beauty..

thanks

#2550 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Where did you find PUB cards? I've had no luck and I'd like to update my RFM.

Overseas

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, MO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
7,500 (OBO)
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
There are 6,669 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 134.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/51?hl=ieathands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.