Topic Stats

• 4,389 posts
  • 360 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by RobDutch
  • Topic is favorited by 173 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,022 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20210125_200407 (resized).jpg
20210124_192449 (resized).jpg
78B5D094-EDFD-485D-BF88-02883234F643 (resized).jpeg
60B0F890-C6F4-455B-83F3-E519356FC2BE (resized).jpeg
A99307CA-F956-4063-9ABF-CD0CFC76EFF0 (resized).jpeg
0DFDEFAF-2936-419C-B060-C35CDCA73EE2 (resized).jpeg
33728B35-6746-4264-AD00-ED4D1308D9B1 (resized).jpeg
vga (resized).jpg
89e2d29f17749c47804532f071525dddb6603e7e (resized).jpg
PXL_20210105_012056575 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210104_015802259 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210104_013321085 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210103_173156651 (resized).jpg
183850E4-7E94-4B29-A036-35E81089F2B8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8368 (resized).JPG
IMG_0672 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4389 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 88.
#2451 1 year ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I replaced mine with high density self adhesive black foam weatherstrip tape.

I used gaffer tape.

#2452 1 year ago

How would one hook up a powered sub to RFM? On my previous games I’ve used the Pinnovators mod but they don’t make one for RFM

#2453 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

The black is flaking ever so slightly off this piece of metal. How was it applied at the factory and does anyone make a replacement part? If no replacement part is made, how would one scrape and reapply black to it?
[quoted image]

the original adhesive backed decal has a texture to it, amazon sells rolls of a product that it very similar to the original textured material that was used
amazon.com link »

#2454 1 year ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

The one thing I DO NEED is a source or alternative to the WILLIAMS DAUGHTER BOARD SEPARATION TOOL. I know its a small nylon piece but I can't find the part number in any of the lists with RFM or SWE1. Does anyone have a source for this tool or an alternative from Amazon? I checked Planetary, Marco, and Pinball Life.

I realize that this post was from about 2 months but I finally uncovered the part no. and link for where I purchased mine separator tool
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/pinball-2000/03-10024.html

unfortunately, their website appears to either be down or they are no longer in business

I did manage to find it here as well for $7 (if they still have stock)
http://www.foramusementonly.to/williams.html

it's located about little over 1/2 the way down the page

#2455 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

The black is flaking ever so slightly off this piece of metal. How was it applied at the factory and does anyone make a replacement part? If no replacement part is made, how would one scrape and reapply black to it?
[quoted image]

Seller on eBay has them...talked to them said they had like 25 sets or something NOS. I will post link when they post it again

B6DEFEED-1F17-4327-B057-C61B9ED0B198 (resized).png
#2456 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the original adhesive backed decal has a texture to it, amazon sells rolls of a product that it very similar to the original textured material that was used
amazon.com link »

Thank you. Have you used it and if so how did it turn out?

#2457 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Thank you. Have you used it and if so how did it turn out?

I have not used that product. I merely provided a link for it. the textured sticker on my RFM is in great shape

#2458 1 year ago

I found 2 sheets of new glass for the pinball 2000 games if anyone is interested ...

#2459 1 year ago

Here is link to buy ball catcher and backstop decals
NOS Bally Revenge From Mars Ball Catcher & Backstop Decal Set. ebay.com link

#2460 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny10:

I found 2 sheets of new glass for the pinball 2000 games if anyone is interested ...

How much?

#2461 1 year ago

A friend had this question and I just couldn't answer. What is the purpose of this gate on the left lane. It swings both ways.

*Solved*. Opened my game and found this gate only swings toward the back of the playfield, so his must be broken.
large (resized).jpg

#2462 1 year ago

I have a slight crackle, very low in the speakers then every once in awhile the sound cuts out for a split second, it's almost like you pause advd fast then hit unpause, it's maybe. 25 of a second. It sends like it happens when you blow something up hit haven't paid to much attention to when it happens. Any thoughts what could be causing both issues and how to resolve?

#2463 1 year ago

Nucore/ pinbox, or genuine pc?

#2464 1 year ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Quoted from BENETNATH:

How do you tell? Is it in the head or cabinet?

#2465 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

How do you tell? Is it in the head or cabinet?

On startup and before the ROMs load: Nucore has a screen with it's logo, Pinbox has a crappy picture of the martian.

The original hardware is a black screen until the white rom loading screen shows up.

#2466 1 year ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

On startup and before the ROMs load: Nucore has a screen with it's logo, Pinbox has a crappy picture of the martian.
The original hardware is a black screen until the white rom loading screen shows up.

I have original hardware

#2467 1 year ago

how is running the sound test in the settings menu ?

#2468 1 year ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

how is running the sound test in the settings menu ?

Works perfect. It doesn't seem to cut out at all if i turn home down to 5 but it does up at 8 or 9. I still get a very slight crackle in the left diameter but it doesn't sound like the speaker is blown

#2469 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

How would one hook up a powered sub to RFM? On my previous games I’ve used the Pinnovators mod but they don’t make one for RFM

Hello, This is Sandra from Pinnovators. We actually have two new subwoofer products which you could choose from for your RFM.

I will link to them below.

Let us know if you have any questions.

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=80

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=84

#2470 1 year ago
Quoted from MarkA:

Hello, This is Sandra from Pinnovators. We actually have two new subwoofer products which you could choose from for your RFM.
I will link to them below.
Let us know if you have any questions.
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=80
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=84

Just ordered the push on type connector one. Hope it works as good as your other pinball machine ones. I have several of those and they work great.

#2471 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Works perfect. It doesn't seem to cut out at all if i turn home down to 5 but it does up at 8 or 9. I still get a very slight crackle in the left diameter but it doesn't sound like the speaker is blown

I would double check the connections and connectors. If a terminal is oxidized or wire is loose, it can have that kind of impact.

#2472 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just ordered the push on type connector one. Hope it works as good as your other pinball machine ones. I have several of those and they work great.

Excellent, thanks for the order! So far we have had great feedback on the new sub out kits. Email us and let us know what you think once it arrives. As always, we strive for a happy customer so if for some reason you aren't happy with it just let us know and we'll take care of you.

1 week later
#2473 1 year ago

So I am considering picking up an RFM (had one years ago with the SW conversion kit). I am (like most I guess) really concerned about hardware failure and being stuck with a dead paperweight.

Nucore doesn't exist anymore and pinbox would be impossible for me to set up based on what I have read and its not something you can "buy off the shelf".

We would want the SW kit as well (which is why pinbox would be great for an easier swap out) but they seem pretty scarce as well.

In addition I don't anyone has ever replicated pin2000 glass either - have they?

LMK you guys thoughts

TIA

Greg

#2474 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

So I am considering picking up an RFM (had one years ago with the SW conversion kit). I am (like most I guess) really concerned about hardware failure and being stuck with a dead paperweight.
Nucore doesn't exist anymore and pinbox would be impossible for me to set up based on what I have read and its not something you can "buy off the shelf".
We would want the SW kit as well (which is why pinbox would be great for an easier swap out) but they seem pretty scarce as well.
In addition I don't anyone has ever replicated pin2000 glass either - have they?
LMK you guys thoughts
TIA
Greg

you can still buy all the parts to make a pinbox computer and yes PPS is making glass, they sell it on their website.

#2475 1 year ago

How do you engage the locks. Right now it's in action, what do you need to do for it to go over to lock 1? It's all factory settings

#2476 1 year ago
Quoted from heme:

you can still buy all the parts to make a pinbox computer and yes PPS is making glass, they sell it on their website.

Ok but with the reading I have done over the last hour or so I have yet to find a list of what exactly to buy what to download and how to install and set it up. I guess I am not that great an internet sleuth. I’m sure it’s out there but no idea what to do to make it happen.

#2477 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Ok but with the reading I have done over the last hour or so I have yet to find a list of what exactly to buy what to download and how to install and set it up. I guess I am not that great an internet sleuth. I’m sure it’s out there but no idea what to do to make it happen.

torrents
&

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flippermarkt.de%2Fcommunity%2Fhowto%2Fcms%2Fpages%2Fbauanleitungen%2Fpinball-2000%2Fmainboardprism-card-emulator.php&act=url

There are more motherboards and cpu's that are compatible then that list. your going to need something a little older otherwise that version of ubuntu won't have the drivers for the newer sound/ video boards. You can update to later version, but you need to transfer the .dll's to the newer version.

there are a few guys on here that have done builds and posted on here, I believe mr Lipham was the one who made pinbox possible in the first place. Even though he got in trouble for it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbox-has-anyone-successfully-installed-it-in-a-pinball-2000-game/page/2

#2478 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

LMK you guys thoughts
TIA
Greg

There is still lots of pc parts avail. I have enough for one complete set up, Inc prism etc. Now if you do not want to pay the prices, that's another story

#2479 1 year ago

installation process of nucore has been dramatically improved.
you just basically need to install lubuntu and launch a script and copy the ROMs.
it's widely described on the nucore website
as it's now working without dongle and with the latest kernel, most hardware will be working. I would stay on a real LPT port and avoid a USB adapter though.

#2480 1 year ago

What’s the difference between Capture a Multiball setttings? I believe it defaults at medium but what’s the difference berween hard and easy?

#2481 1 year ago

There was someone in the UK making new drop in replacement pc with new components and a s/s drive
Unfortunately I lost the private email and have no idea who it is. Price was about 400.00

Quoted from GCS2000:

LMK you guys thoughts
TIA
Greg

#2482 1 year ago

Also, you can send out the board get the original computer fixed in most cases.

#2483 1 year ago

Anybody have a RFM topper they would sell. Similar to either of these?

157B6148-54EB-4D76-AA1D-C4C94FED66F8 (resized).pngBEED5E81-AFFF-4296-AB79-7772902DE873 (resized).jpeg
#2484 1 year ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Anybody have a RFM topper they would sell. Similar to either of these?[quoted image][quoted image]

Good luck. I posted the same thing six months ago and haven't heard a peep. The manufacturer was going to see if they could do another run, but haven't been able to locate some of the materials.

#2485 1 year ago

Hey guys, I got a problem with my Revenge. Seems my ball catcher backstop (#03-10008) plastic piece is broken off and I've not been able to find a new one as everyone so far seems to be "out of stock". Anyone have an extra one they'd want to sell me? Can't play the game without it.

John

#2486 1 year ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Hey guys, I got a problem with my Revenge. Seems my ball catcher backstop (#03-10008) plastic piece is broken off and I've not been able to find a new one as everyone so far seems to be "out of stock". Anyone have an extra one they'd want to sell me? Can't play the game without it.
John

Here ya' go.. yelobird has it
https://themodcouplepinball.com/products/revenge-from-mars-pinball-nos-plastic-ball-catch-pb2000

#2487 1 year ago

Thanks WhiskeyTango, that was a quick response. I tried purchasing from them but I'm having a problem with there checkout....., I'll try them again later I guess. Thanks again!!

John

#2488 1 year ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I tried purchasing from them but I'm having a problem with there checkout....., I'll try them again later I guess.

Hope you got it, because it says out of stock now!

#2489 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Hope you got it, because it says out of stock now!

Umm...I'm not sure. Just got home.....and read your posting. I'm hoping one was set aside for me and I'm waiting to hear back.

John

#2490 1 year ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Umm...I'm not sure. Just got home.....and read your posting. I'm hoping one was set aside for me and I'm waiting to hear back.
John

Nope, somebody swooped in last night and bought the only one he had. So I'm still looking for one. I'll take a used one as long as it's in useable shape.

John

#2491 1 year ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Nope, somebody swooped in last night and bought the only one he had. So I'm still looking for one. I'll take a used one as long as it's in useable shape.
John

If I'm recalling it correctly, that probably wouldn't be the hardest part to make. Hopefully it won't come down to that.

#2492 1 year ago

if you can find the correct thickness acrylic and get it laser cut, I can heat bend it for you

#2493 1 year ago

Thanks guys, I've actually had that thought myself. I'm hoping it wont come down to that but for now I'll keep an eye out for one and hopefully something will turn up. If not, "I'll be back".

John

#2494 1 year ago

I'm thinking of grabbing one.
It has the original CRT. I'd like to put in a new lcd. What exactly is involved in that process? I'm trying to price everything out.
What are some common preventative measure taken on this game to keep it running smoother longer.
Finally, what are some issues or commonly broken pieces I should be keeping my eyes out for? Owners always know of some problems pieces or area.
I have access to 3 machines with a few hrs drive of me. I'll be looking at one this weekend. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

#2495 1 year ago

Also, I just thought of this, can the rfm monitor I take out be used in my original pacman? Its had no monitor for almost a year now.

#2496 1 year ago

it's all up to you, but personally I think that both RFM and SWEP1 look much better with the original CRT type monitors. LCD panels can't come close in providing the blacks to help achieve that effect of fading into the playfield on the mirrorized glass. additionally, I've seen people use the newer 16:9 monitors and not set them into a 4:3 aspect ratio, so the videos appear a bit stretched and the don't line up where the shots are supposed to take place on the actual playfield.

should you choose to go the LCD route, you'll need a set of the brackets, a cardboard bezel and a video convertor to switch the CGA signal to rgb (rob anthony has both items on lockwhenlit.com

lockwhenlit - products (resized).jpg
http://lockwhenlit.com/products.htm
http://lockwhenlit.com/CGA.htm

#2497 1 year ago

I actually just pointed out to a member of my league this week that his rfm is set to widescreen. He hadn't noticed but yes I know what you mean about the shots not lining up quite right. (Especially Martian happy hour)

#2498 1 year ago

Would LCD vs LED vs Plasma make a difference in helping out the black tones?

#2499 1 year ago

if you can find a 20" plasma display to replace the original CRT with, I want to know where and how much

#2500 1 year ago

What size widescreen monitor can be used if installing a modern monitor? (Set to 4:3 of course)
After a little research it sounds like if you can get an OLED in there would be best.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Inver Grove Heights, MN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Boards
PCB Emporium
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 4389 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 88.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside