IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,720 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 135.
#2401 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

i would like to translate the pinball to french, as i would place one RFM in hospital for children.
see my project website for more info..

Super idée, quelle est l'adresse de ton site?

#2403 5 years ago
Quoted from BobBilbao:

Super idée, quelle est l'adresse de ton site?

https://www.deslumieresdanslesyeux.fr
There is an English part of the website.
The project is quite similar to pinball charity

#2404 5 years ago

Some updates on hardware changes i've been looking into. (This is all just experimenting at the moment)

Here's the list of things to look at (A combination of things i've come up with and have been suggested). None of these items will be required, they will all be optional should you wish to upgrade your game etc.

- Addition of Trough expansion to 6 balls
- Addition of all optos for the upper trough so you can lock balls physically for multiball
- Addition of properly controlled rubber martian eyes (instead of fed off other lamps)
- Addition of a real knocker
- Addition of a shaker motor

Here are some more detailed screenshots on progress. Early days but things are working in the system menu tests

IMG_3115 (resized).JPGIMG_3115 (resized).JPGIMG_3114 (resized).JPGIMG_3114 (resized).JPGIMG_3111 (resized).JPGIMG_3111 (resized).JPGIMG_3110 (resized).JPGIMG_3110 (resized).JPGIMG_3109 (resized).JPGIMG_3109 (resized).JPGIMG_3108 (resized).JPGIMG_3108 (resized).JPGIMG_3107 (resized).JPGIMG_3107 (resized).JPGIMG_3106 (resized).JPGIMG_3106 (resized).JPG

#2405 5 years ago

A Shaker!!!!! Yeah

#2407 5 years ago

lamp matrix controlled martian eyes? hell yeah!

#2408 5 years ago

With the absolutely wonderful development that has been going on lately with this game, is there any possibility of adjusting the test mode parameters so they don't show LEDs as errors? Or is that something that is baked in at a hardware or too-deep firmware level?

applejuice , I gotta say, before 2.0 came along, RFM was my least favorite among my modest but highly curated collection. That is no longer the case. Thank you very much!

#2409 5 years ago

Test loom for shaker and knocker adding

AB2D631C-EB4E-41D6-8D65-121CEF736196 (resized).jpegAB2D631C-EB4E-41D6-8D65-121CEF736196 (resized).jpeg
#2410 5 years ago

Hi,
2 questions
- how far can you go in editing the software? Changing missions, videos, texts, what is feasible?
- is Swep1 also editable like that?

#2411 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Test loom for shaker and knocker adding [quoted image]

Sign me up

#2412 5 years ago

Man, super excited for these updates. Mine needs some work yet, but Of you are doing hardware mods to coincide withe software updates, might want to count me in too dince I have some soldering do do anyway!

#2413 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Test loom for shaker and knocker adding [quoted image]

The shaker would add an extra dimension to the game, really exited to see it implemented. Keep on the good work !

#2414 5 years ago

Shaker in and working. The only rfm with a coded shaker in the world ... for now ..

IMG_3137 (resized).JPGIMG_3137 (resized).JPG

#2415 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Shaker in and working. The only rfm with a coded shaker in the world ... for now ..
[quoted image]

Way cool. When does it come on?

#2416 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

[quoted image]

Amazing job! This magnificent pin's got new updates and rocks!

#2417 5 years ago

thanks for the update, will try it soon. My biggest disappointment with pin2000 was that they didn't utilize the graphical interface for some kind of video mode. Many DMD games have really lame video modes which I suppose is due to the limitation with the dmd animations etc. But Pin2000 has the graphics and 4 buttons as well which could have enabled some serious video mode.

#2418 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

thanks for the update, will try it soon. My biggest disappointment with pin2000 was that they didn't utilize the graphical interface for some kind of video mode. Many DMD games have really lame video modes which I suppose is due to the limitation with the dmd animations etc. But Pin2000 has the graphics and 4 buttons as well which could have enabled some serious video mode.

What? Plenty of video modes...some would argue there is actually too many, thus "interrupts flow".

#2419 5 years ago

i did not get any video mode in fact..
video loops when achieving some steps are indeed interrupting the flow ; but no video mode
i can think of IJ modes (graal, mine tracks, raven's bar ..)

#2420 5 years ago

I finally got 2.0 installed on my Nucore setup and it works great. Thanks so much for freshening up this game!

#2421 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

What? Plenty of video modes...some would argue there is actually too many, thus "interrupts flow".

They did use the tech to have some what of video modes with live ball play.

#2422 5 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

They did use the tech to have some what of video modes with live ball play.

Right, and they had "Mystery Mode" even named as a mode, Martian Aerobics in it a take on Space Invaders except using a ball to hit them. More interesting and more challenging.

#2423 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Way cool. When does it come on?

I'm working on this at the mo, though its won't be on for everything. Don't want to over do it. I am working on the principal of most major shots, ie end of mode success, completion of tasks, super jackpots, jackpots, martian big and small kills etc. There is granular use for it from my new software, so its not just on and off. There are different levels of 'shake' for different achievements

#2424 5 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

I finally got 2.0 installed on my Nucore setup and it works great. Thanks so much for freshening up this game!

Glad you like it. More to come..

#2425 5 years ago

applejuice will you share you development tools once? Can you give some hints on how you are doing your magic, how we can help and if this would be feasible on another p2000. Either to work on Swep1 or create a new game??

#2426 5 years ago

I'm working on repopulating my cleared RFM play field. I have a question about the post behind the skinny target. Is the post secured from the bottom by a T-nut? I have a T-nut installed, but I'm questioning it.

Can anyone check their machine and report back? Thanks

IMG_5239 (resized).JPGIMG_5239 (resized).JPGIMG_5240 (resized).JPGIMG_5240 (resized).JPG
#2427 5 years ago
Quoted from jimk71:

I'm working on repopulating my cleared RFM play field. I have a question about the post behind the skinny target. Is the post secured from the bottom by a T-nut? I have a T-nut installed, but I'm questioning it.
Can anyone check their machine and report back? Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

A cleared pf. Now there are 2 of us.

#2428 5 years ago

Nice, it has been sitting for about a year. I got in before HSA closed up.

#2429 5 years ago

When I bought my RFM there was some PF damage behind the left ball gate. The pin came out of the ball gate a did a number on the PF. I had it fixed and clear coated so I will make #3. Hey jimk71 what did you do if anything to the PF when you installed the wire ball guides? Did you keep the crimped flanges and removed a little clear coat or did you remove the flanges?

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now there are 2 of us.

#2430 5 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

When I bought my RFM there was some PF damage behind the left ball gate. The pin came out of the ball gate a did a number on the PF. I had it fixed and clear coated so I will make #3. Hey jimk71 what did you do if anything to the PF when you installed the wire ball guides? Did you keep the crimped flanges and removed a little clear coat or did you remove the flanges?

All right 3 of us. Any more?

#2431 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

have you never made it to "attack mars"? if that's not one of the best implemented interactive video modes, then I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for

#2432 5 years ago

Hi everyone. I traded my RFM and I have a few items from it available. I have the original RFM manual and new center metal skip ramp for sale. $25 for both and this includes shipping within the U.S. let me know if you’re interested in them. Thanks!

#2433 5 years ago

Guari777
is what you have for sale, just the ramp flap (stainless or blued metal) or the whole skip ramp assembly?

#2434 5 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

I removed the flanges, drilled the clear out around the holes and installed the guide with a little glue.

#2435 5 years ago

If you would like to get on the list for a shaker and knocker cabinet wiring loom, then please drop me a pm. Cost will be £25 plus postage and is another great way to help support this project.

IMG_3151 (resized).JPGIMG_3151 (resized).JPG

#2436 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

guari777
is what you have for sale, just the ramp flap (stainless or blued metal) or the whole skip ramp assembly?

The blued ramp flap only.

#2437 5 years ago

applejuice Is there any reason not to run this on location? It looks awesome.

#2438 5 years ago

Hi,

just a quick note to say that i did the update on my genuine RFM with my laptop running win 10 64bits.
No issue !
I've used Brian's tuto : https://brianpeek.com/pinball-2000-software-update-with-windows-7-x64/
Running cmd with admin rights, unzip the exe from 2.0 rom and put the rom files in a C:/temp folder
unzip fupdate in the same folder
plugged my USB -> null modem and checked it's viewed as COM1 in win10 device manager
go to the correct folder with cd c:/temp
type : fupdate -fpin2000_50070_0200_ COM1
nothing to do on the RFM
wait 15 minutes
play !

Butter easy, from 1.1 version, it's a new game
waiting now for the shaker !!

#2439 5 years ago
Quoted from creech927:

applejuice Is there any reason not to run this on location? It looks awesome.

I have it running at a location. Nucore sometimes crashes, but that has nothing to do with the update.

#2440 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hi,
just a quick note to say that i did the update on my genuine RFM with my laptop running win 10 64bits.
No issue !
I've used Brian's tuto : https://brianpeek.com/pinball-2000-software-update-with-windows-7-x64/
Running cmd with admin rights, unzip the exe from 2.0 rom and put the rom files in a C:/temp folder
unzip fupdate in the same folder
plugged my USB -> null modem and checked it's viewed as COM1 in win10 device manager
go to the correct folder with cd c:/temp
type : fupdate -fpin2000_50070_0200_ COM1
nothing to do on the RFM
wait 15 minutes
play !
Butter easy, from 1.1 version, it's a new game
waiting now for the shaker !!

Did you set your baud rate to 9600 like Brian's post?

#2441 5 years ago

I did in the windows properties, not sure it was useful..

#2442 5 years ago

I just joined the club and swapping all my gi lights over to led and noticed about 10 plus bulbs that had red condoms on them. Was this factory?

#2443 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just joined the club and swapping all my gi lights over to led and noticed about 10 plus bulbs that had red condoms on them. Was this factory?

Yes.

#2444 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

How does it look with LED? Is it too bright and mess with the screen reflection on the glass?

#2445 5 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Is it too bright and mess with the screen reflection on the glass?

I led'd mine and it doesn't mess with the screen reflection at all.

#2446 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hi,
No issue !

Following up on the 2.0 update posts.

I had success using fupdate on win10 with this null modem
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/7507825604/
connected to this serial cable
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0758B6MK6/

Initially the door-serial-port connection was failing.
I found a thread mentioning how the serial port connections (com1/com2) were swapped inside the pin2k PC.
Sure enough, the db9 cable was connected to com2. Swapped and it worked!

My first few games with 2.0 have been great. Nice upgrades! THANK YOU applejuice !!!

#2447 5 years ago

Quick update for everyone who contacted me to be put on the shaker/knocker loom upgrade list. I have your message and you are on the list I just haven't had time to reply to the messages yet. When i make them i will contact everyone with an invoice via paypal in the order they contacted me. Remember these options will only be operational in the future v2.10 update.

#2448 5 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

How does it look with LED? Is it too bright and mess with the screen reflection on the glass?

I still need a few more led’s but I definitely recommended led’ing the inserts. It did put a little reflection on the. Screen but just barely

#2449 5 years ago

The black is flaking ever so slightly off this piece of metal. How was it applied at the factory and does anyone make a replacement part? If no replacement part is made, how would one scrape and reapply black to it?

IMG_3976_LI (resized).jpgIMG_3976_LI (resized).jpg
#2450 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

The black is flaking ever so slightly off this piece of metal. How was it applied at the factory and does anyone make a replacement part? If no replacement part is made, how would one scrape and reapply black to it?
[quoted image]

I replaced mine with high density self adhesive black foam weatherstrip tape.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,720 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 135.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/49?hl=zennmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.