Topic Stats

• 3,363 posts
  • 309 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by luckycreature
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 765 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pinsidelighted (resized).jpg
PinsideOption 2 (002) (resized).jpg
RFM Update (resized).jpg
fatal error (resized).jpg
IMG_6461 (resized).JPG
20190513_194533 (resized).jpg
20190513_194151 (resized).jpg
20190511_194725 (resized).jpg
20190511_163228 (resized).jpg
rfm_v220_update_splash (resized).jpg
95 (resized).jpg
97 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191029_213900 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191029_220314 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191020_052840~01 (resized).jpg
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191020052549502_COVER (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3363 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 68.
#1851 1 year ago

oh... and I just finished reading all 37 pages hahahahaaa... gotta get this working so I can do some of those cool mods and play around with some led's LED FINGER...

#1852 1 year ago

Welcome to the club, man that's one dirty girl you have there. Good to see your cleaning her up. I take it you saw my mods for the game and I just came out with a new one too and yes both of my mods willl work on this game. Hope you get it up and running soon.

#1853 1 year ago

thanks Mustang...
ya for sure, she all clean and ready for her computer back

#1854 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

is there a guide or tutorial on doing the LCD swap?

I just picked up this lcd monitor, the sizes based on the cutout are almost exact.
amazon.com link »

I looked for a while and this was the closest one I could find.
was going to install it tomorrow.
my wood working skills, while not bad, aren't great. otherwise I might of built something, but I liked the idea of having the metal frame with the vesa mounts.
So I just got the one from lock when lit.

I would of preferred to stay with CRT, but I couldn't get it to work 100% with pinbox. the picture was always messed up. I even tried the arcade vga video card.
I worked on it for at least a couple days before giving up. There were some settings that you could mess around with by setting these numbers based on the scanlines I think (over a year ago). you had to set the front porch, and a few other numbers. I got it close, but couldn't ever get it looking like it was with the original RFM computer. Seemed like there was always a section of the screen that was cutoff slightly.

Finally getting back to this project, it's been long overdue.

#1855 1 year ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I would of preferred to stay with CRT, but I couldn't get it to work 100% with pinbox. the picture was always messed up. I even tried the arcade vga video card.

Please don't toss your CRT... if you decide to do so; please contact me and I'll come take it off your hands. ;D

#1856 1 year ago
Quoted from APOLLO_13:

Hi all, new to the club... picked up an RFM about a week and a half ago...

Pinbot, Cue Ball Wizard, RFM...you're a pinballer with good taste
Welcome

#1857 1 year ago

Ya, that pinbot was a basket case... totally re worked that one
Thanks for the welcome...

#1858 1 year ago

I'll remove those pinbot pics...
hey so you guys that converted your machines... can you tell me if this unit is acceptable.
not sure if I'm going to need those expansion slots or not but they look a little short... lol
ebay.com link » Hp Compaq Dc7800 Core 2 Duo Pc 2 2 Ghz 2 Gb Ram Dvdrw Working Free Shipping

pasted_image (resized).png

#1859 1 year ago
Quoted from APOLLO_13:

Ya, that pinbot was a basket case... totally re worked that one
Thanks for the welcome...

I spy a 66 Mustang in your picture.

#1860 1 year ago

Yes,this is your machine.I even have three of these just for spare.
No need of these slots.Integrated VGA will work fine.

#1861 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I spy a 66 Mustang in your picture.

Isn't that a 65?

#1863 1 year ago

your both close...
This is a 1964 1/2 mustang convertible, with the 260 v8... one of the first 1000 cars to leave the plant in California.
so each plant, there were 3... started the serial numbers at 100,000. this car is 3202 so this number includes coupe, fast back, and convertible models...
Guy who worked at a dealership told me this would have been one of the first 1000 convertibles built. San Jose Plant started production very late and only produced the 64 1/2 for about a month... so she almost never happened

100_1648 (resized).jpg
100_1649 (resized).jpg
100_1650 (resized).jpg
100_1651 (resized).jpg
img20160530_20094862 (resized).jpg
100_1633 (resized).jpg

#1864 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Please don't toss your CRT... if you decide to do so; please contact me and I'll come take it off your hands. ;D

I actually listed it on Houston arcade and pinball group (facebook) as free. had a few takers pretty soon there after. A guy in Houston got it, since he prefers to keep things original. I actually dropped it off, since it was on my way to something else I was doing that day. That guy had a really, really nice collection.
almost double the pins I own and all working! Wish I had the space to do something similar.
but yeah if I didn't have any takers, it would of wound up in the dumpster.

#1865 1 year ago

Glad it went to a home.
For anyone reading this... Never, EVER, toss your CRT unless you know it's has a cracked tube.
These things are no longer being made... eventually, machines will die because no CRTs are left because no one is making tubes anymore.
Someone will take it. Guaranteed.

#1866 1 year ago

84 bucks free shipping, just bought 2 of the 3 he had for sale... computer listed above I'll let you know how it turns out.

he has 1 left

Quoted from APOLLO_13:

I'll remove those pinbot pics...
hey so you guys that converted your machines... can you tell me if this unit is acceptable.
not sure if I'm going to need those expansion slots or not but they look a little short... lol
ebay.com link » Hp Compaq Dc7800 Core 2 Duo Pc 2 2 Ghz 2 Gb Ram Dvdrw Working Free Shipping

#1867 1 year ago
Quoted from APOLLO_13:

your both close...
This is a 1964 1/2 mustang convertible, with the 260 v8... one of the first 1000 cars to leave the plant in California.
so each plant, there were 3... started the serial numbers at 100,000. this car is 3202 so this number includes coupe, fast back, and convertible models...
Guy who worked at a dealership told me this would have been one of the first 1000 convertibles built. San Jose Plant started production very late and only produced the 64 1/2 for about a month... so she almost never happened

WAY COOL.

#1868 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Glad it went to a home.
For anyone reading this... Never, EVER, toss your CRT unless you know it's has a cracked tube.
These things are no longer being made... eventually, machines will die because no CRTs are left because no one is making tubes anymore.
Someone will take it. Guaranteed.

correction, never, ever toss your CRT <period>

there are many people in the community that can breath new life (myself included) using the proper tube from a 19" tv. not any tube will work, but based on the impedance of the horizontal and vertical guns, a like or near compatible tube from an older television can restore an arcade machine or in this case, a pinball 2000, CRT

plus, if there is an issue with the existing tube, it's much easier (and safer) to ship without that big, glass brick saving the cathode ray tube's yoke and rings will allow nearly any television tube to be used

#1869 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

For anyone reading this... Never, EVER, toss your CRT unless you know it's has a cracked tube

Just as a matter of interest, i have a couple of arcade 19" tubes that have issues, one has a shorted yoke and the other one has no neck glow (blown heater i believe). I know you can swap yokes but can the one with the blown heater be fixed?

#1870 1 year ago

Hi. I've gota ducksan on a recently entered rfm.
Pic is blurry, doing a lot of grill noise.
I'm not confortable to have it running in my house, seeing the mac gyver's way wires have been fixed.
So i've put a lcd on the original computer, feel safer this way, even if i hear during my dreams all the voices of fans that are yelling at me..

Anyway, i have one in Strasbourg, france. For french/german pinsiders..

#1871 1 year ago

Okay just heard back about my computer... Score is Rob 1 RFM 0
have not heard back from him yet on what the issue was, but he got her going... Awesome work Rob, and Thank you for fixing her for me

shipping back tomorrow, so I should have it Monday... Tuesday since I have to go pick it up form the shop...
so hopefully I'll have some killer pics mid week

I'm so stoked

#1872 1 year ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Guys using nucore, do you manage to have a perfectly smooth sound? Not choppy at all?
If so, which cpu and config ? And which nucore/pinbox ?
Mine is working but not as smooth as i would expect..

I used one of these but it came in the actual dell case with PSU.

Worked perfectly. Sound is perfect.

F0C80321-3E54-4254-BFE1-A1EAFD52905A (resized).png

#1874 1 year ago
Quoted from APOLLO_13:

ebay.com link » Dell Optiplex 760 Motherboard M858n E7300 Core 2 Duo 2 66ghz 2gb Ram
NICE
so no heat sync or fan on these boards?

Like I said. Mine came in a complete dell case with psu and also heatsink. I paid $65 shipped for a working optiplex 760 with 2.66ghz core 2 duo. I put in a SSD

#1875 1 year ago

ebay.com link

This should do it.

#1876 1 year ago

Sorry I mis understood, wasn't trying to cause trouble lol just thought maybe it didn't need a heat sink or fan... awesome price for spare boards especially if it works well with the nucore pinbox... Rob was able to fix my original computer but I am also going to put together a pinbox set so I have a back up.
I appreciate your postings, and not really knowing what I'm doing with the pc build yet was just asking the question... no offense intended PEACE

#1877 1 year ago
Quoted from APOLLO_13:

Sorry I mis understood, wasn't trying to cause trouble lol just thought maybe it didn't need a heat sink or fan... awesome price for spare boards especially if it works well with the nucore pinbox... Rob was able to fix my original computer but I am also going to put together a pinbox set so I have a back up.
I appreciate your postings, and not really knowing what I'm doing with the pc build yet was just asking the question... no offense intended PEACE

None taken. Good luck with the build. I can take photos of my entire setup over the weekend. Just PM me if you want to see it.

#1878 1 year ago

You all are using the pinbox iso available on torrent ?

#1879 1 year ago

well I'm going to try it...
My computer is fixed (Thanks Rob) and should be on the way back today.
I have a computer on the way (HP COMPAQ DC7800 Core 2 Duo PC 2.2 GHz 2 GB Ram DVDRW) and I have downloaded the software, so going to try it and see if I can create a back up for this machine.

#1880 1 year ago

Pinbox can be put on usb, you can boot straight from usb if i recall. Or you can install on ssd or hdd.
But the boot will fail due to the process looking for updates.
There are some terminal commands to to enter

#1881 1 year ago

ah okay I have it on usb right now... was wondering if that would work or not.

#1882 1 year ago

How do you guys change out your pop bumper skirts?
The one without the light was easy lol
They used a metal strip for the bulb sockets, stapled to the pf... you can't have to take staples out to change the skirts do you?

found this video on youtube... I guess you do... damn
well... now I'm breaking more sh*t than I'm fixing...

#1883 1 year ago
Quoted from APOLLO_13:

How do you guys change out your pop bumper skirts?
The one without the light was easy lol
They used a metal strip for the bulb sockets, stapled to the pf... you can't have to take staples out to change the skirts do you?
» YouTube video
found this video on youtube... I guess you do... damn
well... now I'm breaking more sh*t than I'm fixing...

I learned that one the hard way too. I said "You've got to be kidding". It must have been easier to build that way. Replaced them with a discreet wired wedge base socket.

#1885 1 year ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I learned that one the hard way too. I said "You've got to be kidding". It must have been easier to build that way. Replaced.them with a discreet wired wedge base socket.

Did the same on my STNG. I even put these:
http://Pinball.Click/B011NBMSTA
under the PF and tied the wedge socket leds to it (Stern Star Trek - did this, so not my original idea). The picture is wrong in the link. It's a 3 position terminal lug.

#1887 1 year ago

Yes, but I got them cheaper at PBL:
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=299

While you are changing them out; you might as well replace the base too (shameless plug):
pinball-mods.com Pop Bumper Body
bumper body

#1888 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

While you are changing them out; you might as well replace the base too (shameless plug):
pinball-mods.com Pop Bumper Body

Are you bringing any to TPF?

#1889 1 year ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

no never been...

and the bodies on these are broken so I was going to put new ones on anyway... I'll have to take a look at PBR, thanks

#1890 1 year ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Not planning on taking any product for sale at TPF.
TPF is a social thing for me; so, the only thing I do are:
My machines will be outfitted with my mods for people to interact with.

I will; of course, will hand deliver any product purchased to TPF as I've done in the past.

#1891 1 year ago

If I was closer I would, if I had been into pinball when I lived in Houston I def would have gone...
now I might go ahead and go to the SFGE in Atlanta June 8-10

#1892 1 year ago

So if your computer is fine, are there any other reasons that you guys can think of that would keep the system from booting up?

These also came today so I guess I'll be building some nucores

IMG_1225[1] (resized).JPG

#1893 1 year ago
Quoted from APOLLO_13:

So if your computer is fine, are there any other reasons that you guys can think of that would keep the system from booting up?
These also came today so I guess I'll be building some nucores

a little confused by the question. how do you know the computer is fine if it's not booting?

Has anyone successfully installed the nucore update on their pinbox system?
if not, does anyone know specifically what the nucore update does/fixes?

I tried to do it but it said something about missing p2klibs
which wasn't included in the download on their site. There is a binary file that might automatically download something or do something behind the scenes that I'm not aware of. Not sure what else to do with it.

The only two things that kind of annoying about pinbox are if the game isn't shutdown properly it looses highscores/recent setting changes.
and maybe one out of 20 newly (starting pinbox) started games have weird sound. like the music and callouts are in slomo. It's not my system, everything I have is much better then what is suggested.

#1894 1 year ago

Define, not booting.
Is the powerswitch on the CPU set properly to allow a boot? I know; simple - but had to ask.
Did you check / follow the green/black/white main's power cable to make sure it is plugged into the IEC connector which plugs into the PSU on the CPU?

#1895 1 year ago

i put this up on youtube

#1896 1 year ago

My assumption is that when Rob fixed your computer... it was the entire computer... including the Prism card.
If that is true - then I'd wager something shook loose during shipping back.
Have you tried removing / reseating the cards?

Have you asked Rob for advice?

Something looks off to me; Shouldn't the RED LEDs in the prism card light?

#1897 1 year ago
Quoted from APOLLO_13:

» YouTube video
i put this up on youtube

Try booting the computer without the prism card inserted. If the pc doesn't boot then it is your motherboard, otherwise if it does you need to try reseating your prism card.

#1898 1 year ago

tried that, re seated the prism card and the ram, powered up with nothing at all connected, and same as what you saw in the video.
ty for the idea

#1899 1 year ago

Got it... thanks guys for the help

IMG_1244[1] (resized).JPG

#1900 1 year ago

hopefully my pop bumper parts will get here tomorrow and I can get it back together, and play a game

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MI
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Boards
PCB Emporium
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St Charles, IL
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
There are 3363 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 68.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside