VBATT to RAM (resized).png
VBATT on main board (resized).png
Battery holder daughter board (resized).png
RFM errors (resized).jpeg
IMG_4498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0396 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 133.
#1601 6 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

I got a LED strip: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAA6P3S85944
And a ATA to SATA connector: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA50M2RC6977&cm_re=ata_to_sata-_-9SIA50M2RC6977-_-Product
plug it right into the PSU and you're done! Just stick the strip to the existing reflector or make something yourself.
The light distribution is perfect, no hot spots with the wide beam strip.

Thanks for the tip. This looks like a much better, and safer, solution. I think I will do the same.

#1602 6 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

I got a LED strip: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAA6P3S85944
And a ATA to SATA connector: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA50M2RC6977&cm_re=ata_to_sata-_-9SIA50M2RC6977-_-Product
plug it right into the PSU and you're done! Just stick the strip to the existing reflector or make something yourself.
The light distribution is perfect, no hot spots with the wide beam strip.

Could that plug right in somewhere under the playfield for some extra trough lighting?

#1603 6 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

So I just got a SWE1 conversion kit for my RFM. Having both playfields seems to be popular.
How is everyone storing the playfield while not in use? Is anyone storing it standing up?

I live in a townhome so space is tight in the basement/barcade I've wrapped my RFM or SWE1 (depending what is not being used) in shrink wrap and standing vertically. Its actually on a card table snuggly in a corner off the ground. The shrink wrap should keep most dust out.

Such a great modular design and ahead of its time.

#1604 6 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

How is everyone storing the playfield while not in use? Is anyone storing it standing up?

I always thought it would be cool to hang it from the gameroom ceiling (four hooks holding the service rails).

#1605 6 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I always thought it would be cool to hang it from the gameroom ceiling (four hooks holding the service rails).

Yeah easy to do if you have an open ceiling and it's high enough.

#1606 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I live in a townhome so space is tight in the basement/barcade I've wrapped my RFM or SWE1 (depending what is not being used) in shrink wrap and standing vertically. Its actually on a card table snuggly in a corner off the ground. The shrink wrap should keep most dust out.
Such a great modular design and ahead of its time.

Did you make some sort of rack for it to stand up vertically? By itself it stands up at an angle, and I'm wondering if I should make some sort of wooden rack to make sure it doesn't topple over...

#1607 6 years ago

Nothing special. The side that leans - leans back towards a wall. It sits out of the way from everything.

#1608 6 years ago

My serial port is missing from inside the coin door. I guess it's just an extension up to the PC? I'm in desperate need of update. It's running 1.1....

OH how I wish it had used a regular autoupdater trough USB port/stick. Put files in root, Plug in, press run in diagnostics menu.

#1609 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

My serial port is missing from inside the coin door. I guess it's just an extension up to the PC?

Correct

#1610 6 years ago

Can someone vector use the revenge from mars side art just the letters. I'm making a custom plaque for a tournament. Thanks in advance

#1611 6 years ago

If you provide the art I can vectorize the text for you.

#1612 6 years ago

Ok guys I need your help I think I fucked up..

I was getting some restarts due to what looked like some issue with my game code as some images were showing as static nonsense during gameplay which then caused the game to restart.

I thought it would be smart to try disable the update and re-enable it.. now I'm stuck on 0.1 code and can't re-enable my 1.5 code...

Anyone else dumb enough to do this and found a fix?

The game is unplayable now. It keeps triggering one of the coils and doesn't recognise when the balls drain.

Thanks

#1613 6 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Ok guys I need your help I think I fucked up..
I was getting some restarts due to what looked like some issue with my game code as some images were showing as static nonsense during gameplay which then caused the game to restart.
I thought it would be smart to try disable the update and re-enable it.. now I'm stuck on 0.1 code and can't re-enable my 1.5 code...
Anyone else dumb enough to do this and found a fix?
The game is unplayable now. It keeps triggering one of the coils and doesn't recognise when the balls drain.
Thanks

You have to update it to 1.5 (or better, 1.6) again with the P2K Update Manager.

#1614 6 years ago

For those interested in doing the Martian Eyes Mod for RFM or AFM here are my instructions. Of course there are many ways to do the mod this is just how I did it.

RFM Eyes 1 (resized).jpgRFM Eyes 1 (resized).jpg

RFM eyes 2 (resized).jpgRFM eyes 2 (resized).jpg

#1615 6 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

For those interested in doing the Martian Eyes Mod for RFM or AFM here are my instructions. Of course there are many ways to do the mod this is just how I did it.

That's cool but to much bs for me.

#1616 6 years ago

Does anyone know which kind of keyboard is compatible with Pin2K? Is it a PS/2 connector??

I think I'll try the command [fupdate enable] in the command shell before I try and track down a PUB card with the RFM update..

#1617 6 years ago

It is a AT keyboard socket.

I bought me an adaptor from AT to PS/2 and it works well.

Something else. What would you guys want to change in gamecode if you could do?

#1618 6 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

Who wants to do this for me? My add kicked in before I could finish.

#1619 6 years ago
Quoted from Wizboy:

It is a AT keyboard socket.
I bought me an adaptor from AT to PS/2 and it works well.
Something else. What would you guys want to change in gamecode if you could do?

change the ball save time, it is way too generous at times and make ball save to be auto fire would be a good start.

#1620 6 years ago

Added led strips tonight. Nice even light. Makes me want to change all the marquee lights down here. Pinblades are from the Allentown show.

IMG_20170619_032912.jpgIMG_20170619_032912.jpg

1497859988066.jpg1497859988066.jpg

IMG_20170514_040430.jpgIMG_20170514_040430.jpg

#1621 6 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

change the ball save time, it is way too generous at times and make ball save to be auto fire would be a good start.

Okay but ball saver is in default settings off. You can change the saving time as you wish.

Some other bugs or spelling faults or...?

#1622 6 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

make ball save to be auto fire would be a good start.

Plus 1 on that. Makes no sense that it isn't auto-fire.

#1623 6 years ago

Love the Martian eyes. I put red LEDs in mine years ago was the best mod for this game! Pinball 2000 forever!

#1624 6 years ago

just an update on my stupid issue..

I bought a PS/2 keyboard and a PS/2 to 5-pin AT adaptor.

Then I typed in the command FUPDATE ENABLE and after 15 seconds or so the command window disappeared and I rebooted the game.

Back up and running version 1.5 again! Never disable the update if you're downgrading to version 0.1 because you cannot enable to update again from the settings..

#1625 6 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

just an update on my stupid issue..
I bought a PS/2 keyboard and a PS/2 to 5-pin AT adaptor.
Then I typed in the command FUPDATE ENABLE and after 15 seconds or so the command window disappeared and I rebooted the game.
Back up and running version 1.5 again! Never disable the update if you're downgrading to version 0.1 because you cannot enable to update again from the settings..

Good work, glad to hear your up and running.

#1626 6 years ago

RFM was a casualty of wanting to sell SWE1. So, sadly I'm leaving the club. I'll be on the lookout for another RFM probably sooner rather than later.

Thanks everyone for all of the help along the way.

#1627 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

RFM was a casualty of wanting to sell SWE1. So, sadly I'm leaving the club. I'll be on the lookout for another RFM probably sooner rather than later.
Thanks everyone for all of the help along the way.

Sorry to see ya go.

2 weeks later
#1628 6 years ago

I'm missing the top back glass trim. I don't have the back glass in front of me. Anyone know the size or part number of the top trim?

#1629 6 years ago

My computer is missing the red knob on the powerswitch. I would like to 3d print it but I need the 3d drawing. Could anyone measure or draw it as a 3d modell?

#1630 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

I'm missing the top back glass trim. I don't have the back glass in front of me. Anyone know the size or part number of the top trim?

I think it's just a standard one trimmed shorter isn't it?

#1631 6 years ago

Ok then I guess it has to be of the WPC95 design since there are two different part numbers.

#1632 6 years ago

Replaced the tube with twin 40cm led strips. Found a seller from the UK on eBay that had many variants and I played it safe with 80cm wire. This is what he called "double density". It was wired up to a molex IDE connector so installation was plug n play with the computer PSU. Cost about $13.

IMG_1514 (resized).JPGIMG_1514 (resized).JPG
IMG_1516 (resized).JPGIMG_1516 (resized).JPG
IMG_1515 (resized).JPGIMG_1515 (resized).JPG

#1633 6 years ago

Mount that top strip about 6 inches higher.

4 weeks later
#1634 6 years ago

Do peoples machines have a stopper/cap on the posts on the left plastic, under the ramp and Martian? Mine doesn't and the plastic jumps occasionally

1 week later
#1635 6 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Do peoples machines have a stopper/cap on the posts on the left plastic, under the ramp and Martian? Mine doesn't and the plastic jumps occasionally

Mine has plastic posts to stop balls from being trapped

#1636 6 years ago

I meant on the top of the plastic to stop it moving. Like a acorn nut or similar. My plastic bounces around a bit in gameplay. I know the plastic has the posts on top of it to stop balls hitting the spots or getting stuck

#1637 6 years ago

I'm starting my RFM restore / upgrade this weekend. Most of what I'm doing will tick off the purists. I'm removing the computer and replacing it with a PinBox. The monitor is a 4X3 20" flat panel. Translite will be 3-D. Bill Ung Saucer Kit. New side art, cabinet cleaning/repaint, side rails, T-Moulding, Legs, etc.

GI and feature lights will be incandescent.

I'll post pictures as I go. Expected time: 3 months. Most parts are already acquired.

#1638 6 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'm starting my RFM restore / upgrade this weekend. Most of what I'm doing will tick off the purists. I'm removing the computer and replacing it with a PinBox. The monitor is a 4X3 20" flat panel. Translite will be 3-D. Bill Ung Saucer Kit. New side art, cabinet cleaning/repaint, side rails, T-Moulding, Legs, etc.
GI and feature lights will be incandescent.
I'll post pictures as I go. Expected time: 3 months. Most parts are already acquired.

Sounds interesting. You got new pf glass?

#1639 6 years ago

Another soul introduced to the dark side as a first time pin owner, my friend and colleague Marty. Thanks to Andrew @annex
P.s. he does it right by putting the game in his kitchen!

IMG_20170907_200115262 (resized).jpgIMG_20170907_200115262 (resized).jpg

#1640 6 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I've been wanting to put my some of my Translucent PopBumper bodies on my RFM... but I haven't gotten around to it yet due to the monitor issues. Too many projects... too little time. I'm thinking the green body would look awesome.

#1641 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I've been wanting to put my some of my Translucent PopBumper bodies on my RFM... but I haven't gotten around to it yet due to the monitor issues. Too many projects... too little time. I'm thinking the green body would look awesome.

Like the sound of those, would match my Galaxian green T-Molding nicely Just clicked on the link, international shipping available?

#1642 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Another soul introduced to the dark side as a first time pin owner, my friend and colleague Marty. Thanks to Andrew annex
P.s. he does it right by putting the game in his kitchen!

We'll see what happens when he gets more.

#1643 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I've got the red ones with white wafers, red top white bottom Comet ring leds in red Jewel caps going in my Jack Bot. Thanks Zitt.

#1644 6 years ago

Anyone buy a new sheet of pf glass yet?

#1645 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Like the sound of those, would match my Galaxian green T-Molding nicely Just clicked on the link, international shipping available?

Yes, I ship internationally - but you could also buy from the Pinball.Center if you wanted to. For you it is probably a "wash" for who would be cheaper to ship.

#1646 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sounds interesting. You got new pf glass?

Yes, I have one that Illinois Pinball sent me years ago. I never used it on my first RFM and it's been in a box all of these years. I had a new one for my old game as well, I got it from Pinball Inc. before he sold the company. I had to remove the screened masking with heavy duty paint remover that burned skin when it touched it. Nasty process but decent glass when finished.

#1647 6 years ago

Anyone have any suggestions for adjusting the scoop? Mine has a habit of sending the ball STDM and not sure what I should try to get it to behave better.

#1648 6 years ago

Mine does the same. It's shit

#1649 6 years ago
Quoted from MythMaker:

Anyone have any suggestions for adjusting the scoop? Mine has a habit of sending the ball STDM and not sure what I should try to get it to behave better.

You could try bending the top of the scoop *very slightly and carefully* to the left so the ball comes out and hits the left flipper, grabbing it with proper tool and putting a towel between tool and scoop edge, and move it to the left, carefully.

I think a very small amount of torsion/force is needed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
7,500 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, MO
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals
There are 6,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.