Topic Stats

• 3,435 posts
  • 312 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 143 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 774 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191211_084250 (resized).jpg
rfm (resized).jpg
IMG_20191210_213434 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191210_185326 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191210_185238 (resized).jpg
8EC8E9E5-82F4-451B-AE62-69C8990470BB (resized).jpeg
33015AD6-581D-4F41-B5E6-76109FF9C66F (resized).jpeg
WP_20191125_20_42_55_Pro (resized).jpg
IMG_2246 (resized).jpg
pinsidelighted (resized).jpg
PinsideOption 2 (002) (resized).jpg
RFM Update (resized).jpg
fatal error (resized).jpg
IMG_6461 (resized).JPG
20190513_194533 (resized).jpg
20190513_194151 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3435 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 69.
#1551 2 years ago

Diodes on coils then, got it.

#1552 2 years ago

Hello Guys
I would like to introduce to you guys, my saga to clean and make it preety again ! And become part of the Club !

https://goo.gl/photos/aL8dRberXmWaXRxbA

Thanks a lot
Marcos

#1553 2 years ago
Quoted from mandrade1:

Hello Guys
I would like to introduce to you guys, my saga to clean and make it preety again ! And become part of the Club !
Thanks a lot
Marcos

With the WannaCry virus outbreak, and the like, I'll pass on clicking that link. No offense.

#1554 2 years ago

#1555 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

With the WannaCry virus outbreak, and the like, I'll pass on clicking that link. No offense.

I took the bait and the link is legit. Nice Google photo album with tons of high res photos and videos.

#1556 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I took the bait and the link is legit. Nice Google photo album with tons of high res photos and videos.

Ha, braver than I. Good to hear.

#1557 2 years ago

Hello Guys
Sorry didn´t know that could not inform external link, on the reply.
But as you can see it´s legit, tell´s my saga with a pic up from operator that shutdown here in Brazil.
Will convert it back with CRT, did a re-cap on all capacitors on the 19K7302 chassis, you will see the image improvment, just waiting the Ultimarc Ampliflier to come to install it.
Have lots of cleaning to do. Another thing that call my attention my power board drive has an "jumper wire" on the solder side, have no idea why it´s there, but everything works fine, maybe will do a re-cap on that board too, as a maintence so it can do another 18 years, will see !

Thanks Marcos

#1558 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Word.

#1559 2 years ago
Quoted from mandrade1:

Another thing that call my attention my power board drive has an "jumper wire" on the solder side, have no idea why it´s there, but everything works fine, maybe will do a re-cap on that board too, as a maintence so it can do another 18 years, will see !
Thanks Marcos

Sometimes it's best when working fine to follow the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

#1560 2 years ago
Quoted from mandrade1:

Hello Guys
Thanks a lot
Marcos

What is the RGB LED remote control being used for?

#1561 2 years ago

Hello Guys
Thanks for the comments !
Wayout440: I think you are right will leave the power drive board alone this time, it´s because some days ago i had some sort of cycling boots from the cpu, i touth that whas the computer, but it was not, when turn on the machine the cpu takes 2 or 3 boots them the playfield turned on, i took of the printer cable, and computer just boots fine, every single boot, so i think that something with the powerdrive, the first thing came to my mind was the big capacitors. But now it´s stop doing that, every boot is good, so will leave for know.
Gogojohnnyquack: This was just to test the reflection of the mirror, as you can see on my web drive, my mirror came with some blotches, ,some sort of cleaning product, or some sort of acid produce some corrosion in the mirror area, unfortunelly.

Thanks Marcos

#1562 2 years ago
Quoted from mandrade1:

This was just to test the reflection of the mirror, as you can see on my web drive, my mirror came with some blotches, ,some sort of cleaning product, or some sort of acid produce some corrosion in the mirror area, unfortunelly.

Good thing PPS is selling the glass....IF they will ship to you and you can afford it.

#1563 2 years ago

Hello MustangPaul
Already ordered with Rick !
Right now it´s in transit to Brazil, my only concern is with a so long travel, will it came perfect, i hope so !
Will let you guys know !
Thanks a lot
Marcos

#1564 2 years ago
Quoted from mandrade1:

Hello MustangPaul
Already ordered with Rick !
Right now it´s in transit to Brazil, my only concern is with a so long travel, will it came perfect, i hope so !
Will let you guys know !
Thanks a lot
Marcos

Hi Marcos, that's good to hear. I really need one but I also need Mustang parts. Mustang parts or pinball parts....Mustang parts or pinball parts. I gotta find a less expensive hobby.

#1565 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hi Marcos, that's good to hear. I really need one but I also need Mustang parts. Mustang parts or pinball parts....Mustang parts or pinball parts. I gotta find a less expensive hobby.

Compromise. Parts for your Mustang pinball.

#1566 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Compromise. Parts for your Mustang pinball.

That's all ready bling'd out.

#1567 2 years ago

Joined the club this weekend. Picked this one up for about $2000 US delivered from Denmark. The game was originally a french export. Bought it from a contact through a middle man and I'm told the CRT, psu and PC has been refurbished. Cabinet sides are nice but the top is a bit scratched, nothing that bothers me. PF is very nice.

The game plays nicely but I wonder if anyone has a quick idea what those two white loose cables in the bottom cabinet does and where they're supposed to go? Is it speaker? I think I have stereo, at least I think so.

Sorry for the poor pics.

IMG_1100 (resized).JPG
IMG_1106 (resized).JPG
IMG_1102 (resized).JPG
IMG_1107 (resized).JPG
IMG_1108 (resized).JPG
IMG_1110 (resized).JPG
IMG_1113 (resized).JPG

#1568 2 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Joined the club this weekend. Picked this one up for about $2000 US delivered from Denmark. The game was originally a french export. Bought it from a contact through a middle man and I'm told the CRT, psu and PC has been refurbished. Cabinet sides are nice but the top is a bit scratched, nothing that bothers me. PF is very nice.
The game plays nicely but I wonder if anyone has a quick idea what those two white loose cables in the bottom cabinet does and where they're supposed to go? Is it speaker? I think I have stereo, at least I think so.
Sorry for the poor pics.

Welcome to the club. Sorry no idea where the wires go. Looks like you need some new decals.

#1569 2 years ago

Well I have left the club for now. My RFM went to a wonderful family we met at PAGG. At least I know its in a good home with a family who knows how to care for pins properly and will be used to help introduce more kids to pinball.

I hope they enjoy it as much as we have.

#1570 2 years ago

Hello Guys
Anyone knows how to make this kind of issue on the playfield a little better, to avoid the crank sprends all over the insert, i mean mealt some kind of transparent material on the hole so it can be level again, without worring about the draw of the insert itself
Or maybe fix it for good, paiting, leveling etc, any ideas.
As you can see the problem is on the Saucer insert.
Any help will be apreciated!
Thanks Marcos

IMG_6323 (resized).JPG

#1571 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Well I have left the club for now. My RFM went to a wonderful family we met at PAGG. At least I know its in a good home with a family who knows how to care for pins properly and will be used to help introduce more kids to pinball.

Sorry to see ya go.

#1572 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Sorry to see you go but you'll need a new Profile Icon now... <grin>

#1573 2 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Sorry to see you go but you'll need a new Profile Icon now... <grin>

Thats right! Well it can live on for at little longer I suppose... at least until I fill the hole.

#1574 2 years ago

Honestly I was never that big of a fan of RFM but my girlfriend loves it. The more I play it, the more I like it too. It is a cool game to have in a line up, I don't see it going anywhere.

#1575 2 years ago

I always regretted having to sell my old one. I have been very pleased to have another in the lineup now. It's a great game to have on hand for the novice players. Had a party last weekend and folks just freaked for it.

#1576 2 years ago

It's my desert island pin. If I am on a deserted island and there is only one outlet, I take RFM .

#1577 2 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

It's my desert island pin. If I am on a deserted island and there is only one outlet, I take RFM .

You should, to better use your time, look to see where that power for the outlet is coming from. Likely, you'll find a way OFF the island.

#1578 2 years ago

... or a coconut water powered generator.

#1579 2 years ago

I got in the part to do Eddy's step by step Martian eye mod. It went way smoother than I thought it would. Sadly I only ended up with 3 of 4 functional eyes so I will have to go back and trouble shoot the other martian tomorrow.

These guys we pretty beat/dirty so I messes around with them a bit and touched them up with some silver and glow in the dark paint to mimic what they look like on the cab and in the screens. All in all I'm pretty happy or at least I will be when I get the second alien's last eye working.

unnamed-31 (resized).jpg

#1580 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I got in the part to do Eddy's step by step Martian eye mod. It went way smoother than I thought it would. Sadly I only ended up with 3 of 4 functional eyes so I will have to go back and trouble shoot the other martian tomorrow.
These guys we pretty beat/dirty so I messes around with them a bit and touched them up with some silver and glow in the dark paint to mimic what they look like on the cab and in the screens. All in all I'm pretty happy or at least I will be when I get the second alien's last eye working.

Lookin good. Do the eyes flash too?

#1581 2 years ago

I plugged them into the GI so they are always on. I believe if you attach to the coil then they flash when the coil kicks on.

Not sure what the shelf like will be like on them.

#1582 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I got in the part to do Eddy's step by step Martian eye mod

where is this step-by-step guide located? link please!

#1583 2 years ago

It's in the March 2009 issue of game room magazine

#1584 2 years ago

Quoted from j_m_:

where is this step-by-step guide located? link please!

1 week later
#1585 2 years ago

Quick question..

Does anyone have a solution to keep the Prism Card in its place, mine isn't dislodging but it is wriggling out enough it causes the game to reset until I re-seat the card.

Mine is missing what looks like was a chunk of foam on the PC case lid, I can replace that but does someone have a better solution?

#1586 2 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Quick question..
Does anyone have a solution to keep the Prism Card in its place, mine isn't dislodging but it is wriggling out enough it causes the game to reset until I re-seat the card.
Mine is missing what looks like was a chunk of foam on the PC case lid, I can replace that but does someone have a better solution?

The foam is the best solution here, but instead of a single piece bisecting the card perpendicular to it, use about 3 pieces and don't use very weak foam - the original stuff usually isn't doing anything at all and it's not putting any pressure on the card. I use a very dense black foam that is also the same stuff I use for replacing the beer seal on games. Don't forget to screw the Prism cards bracket on tight.

#1587 2 years ago

Is there a LED replacement for the fluorescent light in the backbox? Mine looks like the original, and it works but makes quite a loud noise.

#1588 2 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Is there a LED replacement for the fluorescent light in the backbox? Mine looks like the original, and it works but makes quite a loud noise.

Yes I did a quick little blurb about current options as some of the older options posted didn't work in my machine. You should be able to find it a few pages back. Sorry on my phone or I'd post the link.

#1589 2 years ago

Hey guys,

Does anyone else have the problem of this bulb getting broken? I'd find pieces of a broken bulb on the playfield and finally figured out that this is the culprit. It looks like its in a horrible place to begin with and is only protected by a rubber. I thought of getting or making a piece of plexi to protect it from getting destroyed. Is there something missing from this area that should be there?

I borrowed aerobert's photo to illustrate.

Thanks,
Mike

63a6a747c336df6b86629934f53534747924e175 (resized).jpg

#1590 2 years ago

Are you sure you have the correct size rubber?

rfmplasticfixed2 (resized).jpg

#1591 2 years ago

Yes, as far as I know.

#1592 2 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Yes I did a quick little blurb about current options as some of the older options posted didn't work in my machine. You should be able to find it a few pages back. Sorry on my phone or I'd post the link.

Cool thanks, I found it. However, I was under the impression that ALL rfm machines used 120V for the light no matter what region voltage the machine was set to use. Why did pinfidel (who you quoted) get the lamp model he chose to work, but you didn't?

It seems also one needs to mod some wires etc, but I guess it's due to not needing the "starter system" anymore.

#1593 2 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Cool thanks, I found it. However, I was under the impression that ALL rfm machines used 120V for the light no matter what region voltage the machine was set to use. Why did pinfidel (who you quoted) get the lamp model he chose to work, but you didn't?
It seems also one needs to mod some wires etc, but I guess it's due to not needing the "starter system" anymore.

Not sure. You can go back to some of the first pages of the group for his original post that's where I found it or search this thread for LED or his name and it should come up.
I'm assuming he grabbed 12 volts from somewhere. Or the item listed on amazon changed its spec?

#1594 2 years ago

So I just got a SWE1 conversion kit for my RFM. Having both playfields seems to be popular.

How is everyone storing the playfield while not in use? Is anyone storing it standing up?

#1595 2 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

So I just got a SWE1 conversion kit for my RFM. Having both playfields seems to be popular.
How is everyone storing the playfield while not in use? Is anyone storing it standing up?

I would love to find out. Anyone want to sell me their SWEp1 playfield?

#1596 2 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Not sure. You can go back to some of the first pages of the group for his original post that's where I found it or search this thread for LED or his name and it should come up.
I'm assuming he grabbed 12 volts from somewhere. Or the item listed on amazon changed its spec?

Yes, his fixture must be wired up with 12V or something from somewhere else. He originally stated he didn't need to modify anything which is false. He fails to mention anything about his installation.

Anyway, the tube you linked looks great. However they charge 28 usd to ship it to Europe and that's without any custom charges or taxes.
Can't find an equivalent on Amazon UK or anywhere else.

#1597 2 years ago

I got a LED strip: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAA6P3S85944

And a ATA to SATA connector: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA50M2RC6977&cm_re=ata_to_sata-_-9SIA50M2RC6977-_-Product

plug it right into the PSU and you're done! Just stick the strip to the existing reflector or make something yourself.

The light distribution is perfect, no hot spots with the wide beam strip.

#1598 2 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Yes, his fixture must be wired up with 12V or something from somewhere else. He originally stated he didn't need to modify anything which is false. He fails to mention anything about his installation.

They do make direct drop-in LED replacements for fluorescent tubes (so they run off ~110V). However, a couple products linked to in this thread are not that... and perhaps that's why some people had trouble.

#1599 2 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

They do make direct drop-in LED replacements for fluorescent tubes (so they run off ~110V). However, a couple products linked to in this thread are not that... and perhaps that's why some people had trouble.

Yes, I got mine on Amazon. It's back quite a few pages, have to search for it.

#1600 2 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

The one that Pinfidel added a link to was a drop in replacement and needed NO modifications, i got one myself (which Pinfidel kindly purchased and sent over to me), why some people bought these and had trouble with i have no idea, mine is still working fine after a few years. It is possible the specs were changed or perhaps some peoples machines were set up somehow differently, you wouldn't expect so BUT it does happen

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 3435 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 69.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside