IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,706 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 135.
#801 8 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Hi guys, I have a question about the left ball guide. Do you guys have a gap between it and the post by the left alien? I'm asking because if I try a super skill shot, the ball shoots right down the middle instead of hitting the flipper and I'm trying to zero in on why.
IMG_0421-1.jpg
Also, since the p2k system is a computer, is there an audio output that can be connected to a stereo receiver?

your machine should have one of these there
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=23-6551

#802 8 years ago

RFM apparently does NOT follow the same rules as AFM for lighting the extra Ball insert at the SOL Scoop. We tried the getting 10 SOL's, no extra ball light. I did see it as an mystery award in SOL.

#803 8 years ago

Extra Ball at 20 collected Missiles (via ramps or loops)

#804 8 years ago

Thank you. I'll get one ordered. So the guide is correct, what else could be causing the super skill shot from going STDM? Coming from the pops, it heads down fine, the speed of the super skill though changes the trajectory. I can't imagine that's normal behavior to go STDM.

#805 8 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Thank you. I'll get one ordered. So the guide is correct, what else could be causing the super skill shot from going STDM? Coming from the pops, it heads down fine, the speed of the super skill though changes the trajectory. I can't imagine that's normal behavior to go STDM.

Try loosening screws and move rail as left as possible. You can also try bending the rail carefully.

#806 8 years ago
Quoted from Ahoernchen:

Extra Ball at 20 collected Missiles (via ramps or loops)

This can be changed in the feature adjustments as well.

#807 8 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

make sure your playfield is level

#808 8 years ago

Sorry thats what I meant. You need to score 20 missiles to light it, then 50

#809 8 years ago

i believe you can chage in menu to 10 and 40? not sure but think so

#810 8 years ago
#811 8 years ago

today recieved my PUB update 1.7
and installed my rgb leds in saucers and spots pointing at martians
then put in my fighter jets and tank.
gonna be looking for a cooler better looking tank because my little nephew wants it back soon! lol

P_20151224_170326_(resized).jpgP_20151224_170326_(resized).jpg

P_20151224_170303_(resized).jpgP_20151224_170303_(resized).jpg

P_20151224_170236_(resized).jpgP_20151224_170236_(resized).jpg

P_20151224_170213_(resized).jpgP_20151224_170213_(resized).jpg

P_20151224_170253_(resized).jpgP_20151224_170253_(resized).jpg

#812 8 years ago

After several years, I found a mint condition RFM a couple months ago, and am really happy to now have a P2K

A really fun game. Not enough humour in pins nowadays...

#813 8 years ago

Question. I have a RFM complete computer with prisim card. Not sure what is wrong with it, I can only boot into bios but the game will not show up. Has the new VGA sync converter card installed for LCD or CRT, new ram. Any idea what value this has, considering I cant get video to show up. I have no use for it since I am running nucore now.

#814 8 years ago

I'm babysitting an RFM and have yet to have a good game. My highest score so far is 300 mil. So today, I finally have a really good flow going, lots of ball control, making my shots, ball 1 and already at 74 mil (good start for me), and this happens. Crap.

IMG950432_(resized).jpgIMG950432_(resized).jpg

#815 8 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

I'm babysitting an RFM and have yet to have a good game. My highest score so far is 300 mil. So today, I finally have a really good flow going, lots of ball control, making my shots, ball 1 and already at 74 mil (good start for me), and this happens. Crap.

IMG950432_(resized).jpg

Oh man....ya gotta quite hitin the flipper buttons so hard. A little super glue will fix it right up.

#816 8 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

WOW, gotta take the bowling balls out and just use regular pinballs
I've never seen this happen in all my time owning machines, but i do replace the bats when they get cracked though. That's an epic fail of the plastic that !!

#817 8 years ago

wow epic flipper kill you are dangerous dude!

#818 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Question. I have a RFM complete computer with prisim card. Not sure what is wrong with it, I can only boot into bios but the game will not show up. Has the new VGA sync converter card installed for LCD or CRT, new ram. Any idea what value this has, considering I cant get video to show up. I have no use for it since I am running nucore now.

was your cpu overheated at any point?

#819 8 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

today recieved my PUB update 1.7
and installed my rgb leds in saucers and spots pointing at martians
then put in my fighter jets and tank.
gonna be looking for a cooler better looking tank because my little nephew wants it back soon! lol

P_20151224_170326_(resized).jpgP_20151224_170303_(resized).jpgP_20151224_170236_(resized).jpgP_20151224_170213_(resized).jpgP_20151224_170253_(resized).jpg

What does 1.7 version give you. I thought 1.5 was the latest??

#820 8 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

What does 1.7 version give you. I thought 1.5 was the latest??

i had contact with mr. Wiest from http://www.pinball2000.de i send him my PUB card as i had 1.2 on it
he updated it for me , real nice and friendly guy!
i dont know what 1.7 does believe it is also for online but i dont have network card
i wanted 1.5 for loop shots and ball save and before i had disapearing martians in bar scene but he gave me 1.7 !
dont realy know what was updated after 1.5 cant find anything online about changes

#822 8 years ago

thanks anyone knows 1.7?

#823 8 years ago

do you guys know, my rfm has a green cyrix motherboard , will it run with the yellow cyrix motherboard to
do i have to change stuff if i swap boards?
greetz

#824 8 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

was your cpu overheated at any point?

Not sure... however, the fan was unbalanced at one point. It boots bios just fine. I don't plan on tinkering with it any more. I installed new ram, new VGA converter card for LCD or CRT. The Prisim card has power, test lights blink properly. Do non working with unknown issue pinball 2000 computers have any value? Otherwise I will just give it to my flipper friend for parts.

#825 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Do non working with unknown issue pinball 2000 computers have any value? Otherwise I will just give it to my flipper friend for parts.

Prob no value, but you may want to consider seeing if Borygard (Rob from Lock when lit.com) could use it as a 'guinea pig'. He's helped a LOT of people on this forum, myself included. I don't want to speak for him, but this could probably help diagnose similar future problems like yours. We would all win. Just a thought, though, as it's your computer.

#826 8 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

do you guys know, my rfm has a green cyrix motherboard , will it run with the yellow cyrix motherboard to
do i have to change stuff if i swap boards?
greetz

I think you need to go by motherboard model not color

There is a Pinball 2000 FAQ page somewhere that lists the motherboards that work, and I think there are only 2 models that work as p2k needed a special graphics chip that was only on those 2

Why would you change your motherboard?

#827 8 years ago

New Stroke of Luck Lights for RFM from LeesParts.com. Light up your Stroke of Luck hole with your choice of Yellow or Red when it will score Stroke of Luck or Extra Ball and Green when it will score Martian Attack. Thank you for looking!

http://www.leesparts.com/products/rfm-strokeofluck-light.html

RFMScoopYellow300400_(resized).jpgRFMScoopYellow300400_(resized).jpg
RFMScoopRed300400_(resized).jpgRFMScoopRed300400_(resized).jpg
RFMScoopGreen300400_(resized).jpgRFMScoopGreen300400_(resized).jpg

#828 8 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

I think you need to go by motherboard model not color
There is a Pinball 2000 FAQ page somewhere that lists the motherboards that work, and I think there are only 2 models that work as p2k needed a special graphics chip that was only on those 2
Why would you change your motherboard?

this is the board
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SMALL-SIZED-LSI-Cyrix-MediaGX-CX5520-Gxm-CPU-MOTHERBOARD-ISA-PCI-SDRAM-22W-20D-/221928949948

bought it as backup for if mine ever fails by capacitor exploding
dont know were or how to get nucore or pinbox (not good at computer programming to!)

#829 8 years ago
Quoted from Milton187:

My RFM basket case to total restore. Powder coated play field parts. Powder coated legs, coin door, grill etc. LCD replacement. All cointaker L.E.D.S. Signed translight. Custom blades by me. Red T- molding
Milton

FB_IMG_1449249450384.jpg FB_IMG_1449249415287.jpg

Those pinblades you made are awesome! Any chance I might be able to convince you to make me a set

#830 8 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

this is the board
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SMALL-SIZED-LSI-Cyrix-MediaGX-CX5520-Gxm-CPU-MOTHERBOARD-ISA-PCI-SDRAM-22W-20D-/221928949948
bought it as backup for if mine ever fails by capacitor exploding
dont know were or how to get nucore or pinbox (not good at computer programming to!)

always good to have a spare

#831 8 years ago

a question for the maker of the Stroke of Luck Lights for RFM from LeesParts.com
the mod looks nice. the only question I have is why does it flash red/green or yellow/green at times? I would prefer that if the 'stroke of luck' is active that it just flashes on/off in yellow (or red) and then when martian attack is active, it flashes green. is this a user changeable setting?

#832 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

a question for the maker of the Stroke of Luck Lights for RFM from LeesParts.com

During play, the scoop will be lit the same as the lit insert (flashing). Yellow or Red (you select which color you prefer when ordering) for SOL and Extra Ball and Green for Martian Attack. If multiple inserts are lit you will get a mixed color since there are two lights active.

I can also do a version where the scoop will be lit with just one color any time that any of the three inserts are active.

#833 8 years ago

The SOL scoop light from Lee's Parts is installed in the RFM I'm babysitting. Yellow/green version. I like it. I concentrate on the ball more than I listen to audio cues so I sometimes don't hear when I light SOL or Martian Attack. Having the visual cue of the scoop lighting up is a nice enhancement to the gameplay. I like the yellow/green combo because they blend well when both lights are lit.

#834 8 years ago

My scores on this game are plateau-ing around 300 million points. Any tips on how to score higher? The GC score on the machine is 1.2 billion so I know I have a lot of room to improve.

#835 8 years ago

completing the game modes quickly will net you a larger bonus. acquiring 10 saucer lights (as well as completing all 9 of the basic game modes) will allow you to "attack mars" (where, if you complete it, will net you some huge points

keeping the ball alive in the multi-ball modes (martian, fuel, mothership) and progressing through them will net you progressively larger bonuses.

on the default settings (3 ball, no ball saver), I believe that my current high score is around 1.7B

4 weeks later
#836 8 years ago

No SWEP1 club I wanted to check to see if anyone knows the latest available LED tube I can use to replace the fluorescent tube. Also should I be proactive and replace my power supply, fan, etc or wait until something goes wrong? Mine has 1,000 plays and was HUO. Unfortunately I have a Ducksan monitor so not sure I will try to tackle the vidamp.

Any suggestions appreciated.

#837 8 years ago
Quoted from osudrummer:

No SWEP1 club I wanted to check to see if anyone knows the latest available LED tube I can use to replace the fluorescent tube. Also should I be proactive and replace my power supply, fan, etc or wait until something goes wrong? Mine has 1,000 plays and was HUO. Unfortunately I have a Ducksan monitor so not sure I will try to tackle the vidamp.

At least replace the CPU fan, second replace that power supply. When these items fail, they can cause damage to other components. It's all of about $50 and an hour to improve reliability and for piece of mind.

#838 8 years ago

I replaced my RAM, doubling from a single 64M DIMM to 128M (two 64M DIMMs) - all I noticed was a longer self test, otherwise game play seems exactly the same. Just for the record.

#839 8 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

At least replace the CPU fan, second replace that power supply. When these items fail, they can cause damage to other components. It's all of about $50 and an hour to improve reliability and for piece of mind.

Okay, which ones do you recommend?

#840 8 years ago
Quoted from osudrummer:

Okay, which ones do you recommend?

ebay.com link: Pinball 2000 Power Supply Revenge From Mars and

I bought the same power supply from this Ebayer in a combo with the CPU fan/heatsink. but I did not use the fan since I located a suitable replacement n my computer spare parts. If you want the CPU fan/heatsink that I didn't use just PM me, and we'll figure something out.

#841 8 years ago
Quoted from osudrummer:

My ducksan monitor works great for now FYI. That being said I do have the amp and the lcd just in case, but replacement might not be needed depending on the picture you are getting. Recapping and other things can help too, but i don't know a lot about that kind of stuff

#842 8 years ago

Its been a year since I installed my LED tube and I finally found the purchase info to post.

This is the tube I installed.

http://www.creativelightings.com/T8-LED-Tube-Light-18-Inch-120LED-7W-NW-p/cl-smdt8-1f45nw-7w-120.htm

Its an 18 inch tip-to-tip and required me to mod the unit to NOT use a fluorescent ballast. I also had to install new receptacles (form Lowes) as the originals pointed the light UP instead of OUT (towards the front of the machine). I used zip ties to hold the receptacles in place, instead of #6 screws (which I need to do).

An adjustable tube would be great (to avoid replacing the receptacles), but I could not find one in 18 inch length.

IMG_1270_(resized).JPGIMG_1270_(resized).JPG

IMG_1273_(resized).JPGIMG_1273_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#843 8 years ago

Well im in guys. Just bought my rfm today. Grail pin for me. I love it! The cabinet on mine is rough but thats cool with me. Players games tend to be a little less expensive

#844 8 years ago

Welcome to the club! It really is a great game!

Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:

Well im in guys. Just bought my rfm today. Grail pin for me. I love it! The cabinet on mine is rough but thats cool with me. Players games tend to be a little less expensive

#845 8 years ago

Welcome Dan, hope everything works.

#846 8 years ago

I touched up the decals with acylics and replaced the T molding and now mine looks much better

#847 8 years ago

I picked one up last night , I'm in the club!

#848 8 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I picked one up last night , I'm in the club!

Hey good goin, hope it's in good shape.

#849 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey good goin, hope it's in good shape.

It had better be! It was when it left my house

#850 8 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

It had better be! It was when it left my house

So he knows the seller then. For your sake I hope it's in good shape cuz he knows where you live.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (OBO)
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,706 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 135.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.